opening email client

Ho do I stop Messenger opening windows live mail. I just want it to go
straight to web based email (hotmail) account.
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings Tania,

To stop this from happening you'll just have to disable the automatic signing into your Live
ID from Live Mail.  To do that, pop open Live Mail, press the Alt key on the keyboard to open
up the menu bar, choose Tools, then Options, then Connection tab, and choose 'Stop signing
in'.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"Tania" <Tania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ho do I stop Messenger opening windows live mail. I just want it to go
> straight to web based email (hotmail) account.

0
Jonathan

GP 10.0 Crashes after Opening Company
We have GP 10.0 installed on a number of computers that are working fine. We also have it installed on a terminal server and it's been working fine for some time. Yesterday it started crashing when you try to open a company. The initial log in screen comes up and you're able to log in, however when you choose a company and hit ok you get a screen advising that its' applying your settings. The screen begins to come up, and then after about 10-15 seconds the application crashes. Checking the event log all I have is an event 1000 for Dexterity with the following: 10.0.263...

Outlook 2002
All, Hoping that someone can help me here. I have outlook 2002 which was working fine on my old XP laptop. I recently purchased a new lapt;op with Vista, and loaded my Outlook 2002 on this, now, when I try to access my exchange server I get almost an endless loop of the following message; "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I am then given choice to say Yes or No. I tried going through this, but there are too many of them to get through (probably 1 for each of my 500 contacts). Anyone know how to stop thi...

CRM Outlook Client #4
I tried updating to RU3 on an Outlook client that can go offline. When I go to install Ru3 I get "Action Microsoft.Crm.UpdateWrapper.MspInstallAction failed. This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package". I thought the RU3 on the server was corrupt so I down loaded a new one and got a new message when trying to install again. I noticed on other newsgroups that there were older hotfixes preventing the RU from installing. When I wen...

How to export/import an existing Junk email list.
Does anyone know how to export/copy and existing Junk email senders list from one computer to another. I have looked in the registry and on the hard drive and cannot determine where they store the addresses added to this list. Thanks. Thanks Chris. I should have searched the entire drive reather than "Program Files". Thanks for your help. >-----Original Message----- >Using FileMon and Regmon from www.sysinternals, I was >able to monitor both the file system and the registry >while adding a user to my Junk Email list. It appears >that the entry in added to ...

Receive emails while Outlook is closed
Hi Is there some software/addin which can check for email while Outlook is closed? Something that sits in the taskbar perhaps, which opens Outlook once something comes in. Thanks. Dave Nicholson <dave.nicholson81@virgin.net> wrote: > Is there some software/addin which can check for email while Outlook > is closed? Something that sits in the taskbar perhaps, which opens > Outlook once something comes in. I, for one, don't know of anything. Why not just have Outlook running? -- Brian Tillman Don't know if this applies to you, but if you have a PDA configured to...

Outlook error when receiving email
On an inconsistent basis I get the following message when sending/receiving email.... "Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e- mail server......." I have searched several possible solutions to this and do not seem to have found a TRUE FIX. In other words, each possible fix offered so far is just a suggestion that "might" work. Does anyone have the right answer to this. It is very frustrating. When it happens, I have to re-boot the computer and do the Send/Receive again to get it to download my email. I have WinXP Pro and Office XP Pro. Am runnin...

eMail FRx reports
With Frx 6.5, testing the email function. Tree has 4 branches and I have 4 users set up in FRx each with an email address. Emailing to all works OK. But using both tree and catalog does strange things. The address in the catalog only gets the top level/summary report and not the reports they are set up to get. All other users get their reports even thought they should not, if I understand the help file. Has anyone actually used the email feature in FRx? What problems have you encountered? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks I've worked with a company that has many levels in ...

Outlook 2007 will not archive email messages
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista64 RTM. I have years of email in some personal folders. I have configured Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive to archive daily to the normal archive folder for messages older than 12 months (time period doesn't matter). I have configured the folders I want to archive (Folder, Properties, AutoArchive) to archive using the default settings. When I click File, Archive, if I have no archive folders or archive.pst file, new archive folders are created but NOTHING is put in the folders (the archive.pst folder is only 265 KB - it should be over 100 MB). I ha...

opening a popup from subform
I have a subform that is continuous. Each record has an ID field. At the end of each record there is a small button that will open a form with fields on it for the user to review. When the button is used and the form opens, I need to pass the ID to the form. I went into sql mgt studio and did the following, which is where the info is coming from for the form that opens. This returns back the correct info. select InventoryLots.ID, InventoryLotsQ.ID AS ID, InventoryLotsQ.LotNumber, InventoryLotsQ.PartNumber, InventoryLotsQ.Revision, InventoryLotsQ.Location, In...

archive all email
Due to some internal security concerns. What would be the best way to archive all inbound and outbound email. On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:04:03 -0400, "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote: >Due to some internal security concerns. What would be the best way to >archive all inbound and outbound email. > message journaling is one way. THe best way is debatable. Plenty of 3rd party products out there. I am thinking about MailEssentials for Exchange SMTP. by GFI. It may do what I want. "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in ...

using outlook for email
I have windows xp and also office 200 premium.however, when i try sending an email while using explorer, i receive a message that reads "either there is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill messaging request.Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client. I use AOL and have no problem sending email when i use it, however, when i use explorer i can't. is there a way i can set it up to be able to send an email? do i always have to open aol to send one? also, i have no idea how to configure it.also, when i try to set outlokk up, it asks for a postof...

Email Tracking Tokens
Hi I want to use email tracking tokens yet I find the token in the subject line to be 'un-aesthetic'. Is there a way to hide the token yet let it remain active? Thanks in advance -- CRM Power User Yes, Log in to CRM as an admin, then go to: Settings | Organization Settings Select the "E-mail Tracking" tab and look down...voila! "Specify the tracking token configuration" Cheers, Jon "al" wrote: > Hi > > I want to use email tracking tokens yet I find the token in the subject line > to be 'un-aesthetic'. Is there a way to h...

don't want OWA attatchments to open in browser
Attatchments i get when i am using Outlook Web Access used to open automatically in Word. now the are opening in a browser, not word. how do i get them back to opening in Word? ...

Date recieved fo emails
I remember in Outlook Express the date the email was recieved was in the recieved column. I cannot set this up in Outlook 2002. How do I do this? You can use the Field Chooser to add the Received field to any table view of a message folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3a5201c42a18$fa71a4f0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Ken wrote: > I remember in Outlook Express the date the email was > recieved was in the recieved column. I cannot set this &g...

How to make Outlook my default mail client
I had Eudora on my machine before (and it is still on my machine) but I don't use it anymore. I am using Outlook 2003 at the moment, but in when I click on a link in Eudora that would normally bring up an email client, I get Eudora and not Outlook. How to I make email links (mailto) open Outlook instead of Eudora? Thanks, Tom Depends on your operating system which you did not post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:O30NnB29HHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had Eudora on my machine before (and it is still on ...

How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making the Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the Yahoo email login. After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I could login to my another email account and switch between the email accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE. Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to...

Shared Email and Contacts
We have some issues sharing an Outlook 2007 account. We have a shared support account, which is our primary mechanism for contacting clients (to and from). We can all view the email account, and contacts list (we have Publishing Editor rights). None of us actually log into the support account, we just use the permissions to view email and contacts. 1. When we compose a new message, and want to enter the client’s name in the “To” field, it won’t look up the names from the support account. If we click on the “To” button, we have the option to choose contact lists, but not the su...

Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave ...

Outlook "Track in CRM" and Sender's Email Address
I'm running CRM 3.0 and CRM client in Outlook 2003. When using the "Track in CRM" feature, and subsequently viewing the email in the CRM browser interface, my email From address is displayed in Red with warning message "The sender's e-mail address could not be resolved to a record in the system." Everything else in the CRM client seems to be working fine, and the problem doesn't happen if I send an email from the OL CRM client browser interface. BTW, I'm an admin of the CRM system. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jim 2 Things to Check 1. ...

Word was unable to open the data source
My problem is that my Excel data is not being "mail merged" into Word. I followed the suggestion of prompting the data source before opening and I can choose "MS Excel Worksheet via DDE (*.xls) when prompted. Next I choose th named or cell range which is "Entire Spreadsheet". Then in lowr left task bar it briefly says "Opening file . . . ." but then I am prompted with Word error "Word was unable to open the data source." If I try Office 2007 I use "OLE DB Database Files" when prompted to open data source. Then I select t...

Publisher 2003- message
I have used Publisher for a 120+ page "news letter" for the past 5 years. Upgraded to 2003 early last year. Have had a problem with fonts changing indescriminately (no sollution as yet). Latest problem - having spent many hours on a new document which includes grafics and text - I received the message - Publisher cannot open the file. HELP PLEASE Surely after 5 years you have a backup or two. It is never a good idea to use the same document over and over without re-saving it with a new name. Maybe you have a copy in a temporary folder Type %temp% in the address bar of Wind...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs #2
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

Passing an Argument back to an open form
I have two forms. Frm_ActMstr and Frm_NewCont. On Frm_ActMstr there are 3 fields that can be populated by frm_NewCnt.Contact_ID. The way it should work is that when a user double clicks on the blank ContactName1, ContactName2, or ContactName3 field in FrmActMstr, Frm_NewCont pops open. They enter the contact information. Then when they close the frm_NewCont, the Frm_NewCont.Contact_ID should populate the appropriate frm_ActMstr.ContactID1, frm_ActMstr.ContactID2, or frm_ActMstr.ContactID3 field and frm_ActMstr should refresh. What I don't understand is how to get the Contact_...

unable to open wlm it keeps shutting down....help
everytime i try open wlm this happens, iv tried to delete n reinstall n it still happens details fm computer manage windows log Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 23/02/2010 1:56:52 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: trish-PC Description: Faulting application msnmsgr.exe, version 14.0.8089.726, time stamp 0x4a6ce533, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e037dd, exception code 0xe06d7363, fault offset 0x0003fbae, proces...

Open separate window with Excel 97
Does anybody know if it is possible to open a new, separate, Excel window when working with Excel 97? Or did this support only come in later Excel versions? Nevermind. I have it. Just one of my non-caffeine mornings. Please disregard. Matt C "Matt C" wrote: > Does anybody know if it is possible to open a new, separate, Excel window > when working with Excel 97? Or did this support only come in later Excel > versions? ...