Micorsoft is going to stop MS newsgroups

No, no joke: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
Seems that Micro$oft does want more control on what we can do and write ...
so all is going to based on their sites and they going to close their Usenet
groups. Well, going to their "support" is not for me. I do not trust them
one bit!!! I refuse to fall for that f***ng rage of MS to get more and more
control on what it's users can and may do!!

0
TheCroW
5/5/2010 10:01:32 AM
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Menno,

Hopefully we can come up with something else.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"TheCroW" <mail@no3dart4uspam.com> wrote in message
> No, no joke: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx
> Seems that Micro$oft does want more control on what we can do and write ... so all is going
> to based on their sites and they going to close their Usenet groups. Well, going to their
> "support" is not for me. I do not trust them one bit!!! I refuse to fall for that f***ng
> rage of MS to get more and more control on what it's users can and may do!!

0
Jonathan

NEEDED: MS ACCESS 2003 Consultant
Our company has been using Lotus Approach database software since the early 90's until last year when we migrated to MS Access 2003. Problem: Our database is NOT normalized, therefore creating redundant and inconsistent information, as well as disorganized data. When the databases were ported to Access last year, we did the best we could to make the redundancy and inconsistency of data as little as possible. Unfortunately we could only accomplish this task to a certain extent, and as a result we are now experiencing scalibilty and normalization issues. Solution: We are looking to hire...

MS Outlook vs Oulook Express
For some reason, my default program is Express. I went into properties an clicked on the pull down to select MS Outlook as my default, but Express still comes up when accessed through Earhtlink. >-----Original Message----- >For some reason, my default program is Express. I went >into properties an clicked on the pull down to select MS >Outlook as my default, but Express still comes up when >accessed through Earhtlink. >. >I'm having exactly the same problem even though I have set all my Outlook and control panel settings to default to Outlook. Did you get an...

How to post an email message created in Outlook to a newsgroup
Hi, I need to be able to create an email message using Outlook 2003 and on the to/cc list to include a variety of email recipients and newsgroups. Can this be done - i.e. "post" to a newsgroup an email message created in Outlook? PS - I have been able to do this with other email clients. Thanks. ...

How to stop access confirmation in Outlook
When I try to sync my PDA/Phone with Outlook (2000) it ask for me to allow access for 'x' number of munites. How do I stop this request? Thanks Clive Try updating your PDA sync software. (If the PDA uses Activesync, upgrade to 3.7x) And if you are curious to know how/why you are getting the prompt, see the following links. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Clive" <someone@NOTHANKS.com> wrote i...

MS Access 2002 SQL to Oracle 9 PL/SQL
Are there any products that can convert MS Access 2002 SQL to Oracle 9 PL/SQL? I do NOT want to convert the database, only the SQL statements. Thank you. Posted on: microsoft.public.access.conversion microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr microsoft.public.access.queries Did you ever find an SQL converter? I'm facing a similiar issue. Thanks, Todd "MartinX" wrote: > Are there any products that can convert MS Access 2002 SQL to Oracle 9 > PL/SQL? I do NOT want to convert the database, only the SQL statements. > > Thank you. > > Posted on: > microsoft...

Outlook: Stiiiiiiiill Going....
Since Outlook made its debut in Office 97, Outlook will not close properly after I shut it down. I'm now using Office Outlook 2003, and STILL have that problem. I must manually close it from the task list in Windows XP. I'm using POP mail accounts, no Exchange at all. I have seen posts with "me, too" and "I have the same problem" but I have not seen anything that SOLVES the problem. Outlook 97, Outlook 2000, Outlook XP and now Outlook 2003. Stiiiiiiiiill going......... -- NOTE: To reply, DELETE the obvious word in my e-mail address you need to DELETE i...

Array formula
{=SUM((F45=10)*(H45={1,2,3})*{20,10,5})+((F45=20)*(H45={1, 2,3})*{42,21,11})} This formula works fine, up until the separated part, then it just does nothing(I put the spaces in just to clarify the problem area for this discussion). No matter what order put the arguments in, it only works up to the same point. Is this just a case of to much info? How do I extend this formula (I need it to be even longer the above example). thanks. Hi Atom, Try replacing SUM by SUMPRODUCT and do a normal completion with just ENTER since it is not an array formula Bernard "atom" <hmm@hmm.com...

How can I remove a link that won't go away
When I click on the "Break Link" button, the link doesn't leave. Is the link to an external file? Try copy paste special - Values -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Margie" <Margie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DF64E5F-A24C-4A18-AED7-293C25F33954@microsoft.com... > When I click on the "Break Link" button, the link doesn't leave. I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Margie wrote: > > When I click on the "Break Link" button, the l...

MS CRM reading external database
Hi guys, If I have some transactional records sitting in an external database (outside of the MS CRM database), how can I: - create new fields in say, Opportunities, and have these fields read dynamically from this external database? - or alternatively, create a new table in the MS CRM database, have these new fields in Opportunities referenced/read from this new table? I can add new tables into the MS CRM database through Enterprise Manager, but Deployment Manager doesn't seem to be able to detect this new table. Urgently need input on this. Appreciate any reply at all! Thanks and ch...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Sinking MS Access form events from MFC console app
Hi All, I'm trying to sink MS Access form events using technique described in <<HOW TO: Handle Events for Excel by Using Visual C++ .NET (http://www.kbalertz.com/Q309301/Handle.Events.Excel.Using.Visual.aspx)>> Of course I did do all the needed code substitutions etc. All works rather well, I mean I'm getting to MS Access form IConnectionPointContainer etc. But the last code line - hr = m_pConnectionPoint->Advise(m_pAppEventListener,&m_dwConnectionCookie); doesn't work and returns hr = -2147220990. Here is MS Access form events interface ID I use: const II...

Help with newsgroups
my local newsgroup server is broadpark.no and it have stranded. I cant read any news any longer and not send any new posts. Anyone know how to fix it, or any news server that is free? OMG ...

Outlook 2002 reply email going from different account
Dear All, I've Outlook 2002 which came with Office XP Pro. I've configured 2 email accounts with different domains. E.g.vikrant@abc.com and vikrant@xyz.com. abc.com is default email and xyz.com is second in order. The problem is that, when I receive an email for abc.com and when I hit reply button the it says "this mail will be sent using xyz.com account" when its supposed to go from abc.com. But it does'nt do the same thing for xyz.com. i.e. when I reply to a mail received to xyz.com it goes from xyz.com account itself. I've tried everything from formatting t...

MS Money 98 and XP
When I download my tranactions from my bank's web site I get a massage that sends me to MS web site to upgrade my MS version (for %50.00). I just loaded XP PRO. My bank supports and sends files suited for MS money 98. Do I have to upgrade MS money or is there something I can turn off/on within XP? Darrell What is the exact message? If you are downloading from your bank's website and not having any specific issues, Money 98 works fine on XP. "Darrell" <harrisdarrell@qwest.net> wrote in message news:067f01c35ad3$d26fd6d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I download ...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

MS CRM with Exchange 5.5
We have a MS CRM client, who is using MS Exchange Server 5.5. The client is not planning to upgrade the existing exchange server 5.5 to current version. They also do not have an active directory implementation and are not planning to upgrade to it. We plan to have a separate active Directory implementation for just the CRM Users to overcome this. The IG states that an Exhchange server 2000/2003 can co-exist with the Exchange 5.5 and be used for CRM mail integration using the Active Directory connector(ADC). In this scenario can we implement exchange server 2000 just to support mail...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...

E12 newsgroups?
Hi folks: Are there/has anyone heard there will be any newsgroups for the upcoming release of Exchange, i.e. "E12?" TIA Mike Talon miketalonnyc@<nospam>yahoo.com<nospam> Every Exchange Engineer upon finding out there may be a slight performance decrease on thier database server: Oh look, a hornet's nest. . . WHACK WHACK WHACK!!! Hopefully they will simply use these and get rid of 90% of the others :) On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:29:07 -0700, MikeTalon <miketalonnyc@nospam.yahoo.com.nospam> wrote: >Hi folks: > >Are there/has anyone heard there w...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

RPC stopped working
I was working from home last Monday and I was connected to my Exchange server using RPC over HTTPS. I am in Windows 7 64bit and Outlook 2003. When I try to log back into the RPC connection now, it keeps prompting me for my password over and over again and never lets me in. It was working find and now it has just stopped. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this? Where does the boss's new router fit into the timeline? (I assume it's a new router at home, not in the Exchange network). If you both were affected at about the same time, its more likely an is...

How to stop spam?
I am an administrator of an Exchange 2003 server in a 2000 domain. I have applied the "Inetlligent Mail Filter" from microsoft (which is a free download). It does catch some spam but we are still getting spam to the heavy e-mail users. We are also nonprofit so there is little to no money for an expensive solution. Can anyone give me some suggestions as far as network (firewall) configuration and maybe some less expensive but good for the money solutions to stop spam? Reagrds, Try using SpamByes it can be downloaded from spambayes.sourceforge.net >-----Original Message...

How to I stop the form from resetting
I have a table linked to the header of my form. The table has for records. Here's what happens. When I choose a record (say record 3) record 1 ALWAYS prints. The form is meant to be printed out. Can someon please tell me how I can get the record I choose to print out? Thanks in advance!! :o) Although it is possible to print a form, it is not advised. You will get better results if you create a report and print the report. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Printing only filtered data in a form" wrote: > I have a table linked to the header of my form. The table h...

How to stop Pie Chart from using N/A# for values
Hello, I have 2 columns: Column 1 is customer name. Column 2 is sales for the period. If a customer had no sales for the period the sales column will either be N/A# or zero. When I plot in a pie chart, I only want to show customers who had sales for that period. Is there a way to only plot those customers with sales without having to change the range and sort every period? Customer Sales Cust1 $100 Cust2 0 Cust3 $50 Cust4 N/A The pie chart data labels show the customer regardless of sales and if I blank out the customer, the value data label s...

MS CRM and Lotus Notes
Hi, I would like to Integrate MS CRM with LotusNotes,i need trial version of LotusNotes and LinkPoints to install in my local system, where do i get the trial versions of MS CRM,LotusNotes and LinkPoints, please help me to work, please do the needful, thanks Thangam see http://ezinearticles.com/?Microsoft-CRM-Integration-with-IBM-Lotus-Notes-Domino---Machinery-Dealership-Example&id=66174 it will help.. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "mukathangadurai@gmail.co...

I have a column of data and I'd like to transpose it to go across.
I have a column of data going down that I'd like to transpose to go across the page so that I can add this info to data going across the page. I mean for example, I have data Jan, Feb, Mar, going down the page and I'd like them to be going across like 1st Month, 2nd Month, 3rd Month etc., but they are going from top to bottom and I want them to go from right to left. I tried the Transpose function, however, when I went to click on the arrow to the Right of PASTE, there was no arrow. Any suggestions?? John Copy the data, right click in Cell where you want to begin paste, sel...