Error Code 8004888d

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem.   Suddenly
it (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me sign in.
"Signing in to windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice is
temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later - Error code: 8004888d"

The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at any
other computer.

I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work.
Needless to mention, no help from Microsoft.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks,

Garry

0
Garry
1/23/2010 10:43:48 AM
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Garry Kennedy" <garrykennedy@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
>
> Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem.
> Suddenly it (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me
> sign in. "Signing in to windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice
> is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later - Error code:
> 8004888d"
>
> The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at any
> other computer.
>
> I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work.
> Needless to mention, no help from Microsoft.
>
> Anyone any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Garry

PS I completely uninstalled Windows live and all it's component programs
twice and did a clean re-install ... no difference.  Still the same message.

0
Garry
1/23/2010 1:26:28 PM
Gary

Go to a DOS prompt and type in the following OR go to Start -> Run and then copy and
paste each line below hitting after each one.

regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s

regsvr32 Dssenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll /s
regsvr32 Sccbase.dll /s
regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll /s
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll /s

Post back with your result

--
Peter

"Garry Kennedy" <garrykennedy@pobox.com> wrote in message
> Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
>
> Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem.   Suddenly it
> (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me sign in. "Signing in to
> windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice is temporarily unavailable.
> Please try again later - Error code: 8004888d"
>
> The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at any other
> computer.
>
> I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work. Needless
> to mention, no help from Microsoft.
>
> Anyone any ideas ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Garry

0
Peter
1/23/2010 1:35:29 PM
Peter,

Yes, this is one of the fixes that I saw on the net ... did that, copied
each line in one by one and hit enter after each one .... it accepted all of
them, but no difference to the problem ... as if I had done nothing.

I can see from the net that this is a common problem, but the only evidence
I can see of anyone having solved it is with the process you outlined was
for a handful of XP users.

Any other ideas ?

Garry

> Gary
>
> Go to a DOS prompt and type in the following OR go to Start -> Run and
> then copy and paste each line below hitting after each one.
>
> regsvr32 Msxml3.dll /s
>
> regsvr32 Dssenh.dll /s
> regsvr32 Gpkcsp.dll /s
> regsvr32 Slbcsp.dll /s
> regsvr32 Sccbase.dll /s
> regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
> regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
> regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
> regsvr32 Rsaenh.dll /s
> regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
> regsvr32 Cryptdlg.dll /s
>
> Post back with your result
>
> --
> Peter

> "Garry Kennedy" <garrykennedy@pobox.com> wrote in message
>> Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
>>
>> Have been sing windows live messenger for years with no problem.
>> Suddenly it (almost) freezes when I try to log on and then wont let me
>> sign in. "Signing in to windows Live Messenger failed becasue the dervice
>> is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later - Error code:
>> 8004888d"
>>
>> The service is available because I still have no problem signing in at
>> any other computer.
>>
>> I saw some (old) "fixes" on google, all of which I tried and none work.
>> Needless to mention, no help from Microsoft.
>>
>> Anyone any ideas ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Garry

0
Garry

PO Printing ERROR
I am facing problum in printing the Purchase order after approval. When i open any PO and try to print it by pressing PRINT button it shows an error like "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" and Quit form RMS Manager Plz any one help me out from this problum. Regards, Naveed ...

What's with this code...
Hi, I'm trying to add an image on a tree control but I get an error ( surely I'm doing something wrong ). Here's the code: BOOL CTriggerEditor::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // TODO: Add extra initialization here szNewTrigger[0] = '\b'; CImageList cil; CBitmap cb; cb.LoadBitmap( IDB_GLOBAL ); cil.Add(&cb, RGB(0,255,0)); m_TriggerTree.SetImageList(&cil, 0); // I GET AN ERROR AT THIS LINE ***** treeRoot = m_TriggerTree.InsertItem( "Global", IDB_GLOBAL, 0, TVI_ROOT ); return TRUE; // return TRUE unless you set the focus to a control // EXCEPTION:...

Error message 0x800ccc13 #3
I can send but I can't receive my email. The error message refers to a TCP/IP error and lists error # 0x800ccc13. It appears that my email setup is fine. Does anyone have a solution? Thx ...

Error Message #5
When I try to save my data to an Access DB I get this Message Unable to write to database. Make sure database is not protected and has valid field data type. There is an extra field in the DB when I created the record tith Excel. WT_RCID is added like an auto number, but I had placed my own auto number called (Record Number). What do I do to be able to save my records in Access? Hi i couldn't find a previous post from you on this topic so i'm not sure if i'm coming into the middle of a conversation - so ignore me if i am. How are you trying to write to Access. If you&#...

error loading dll
I'm running Office '98 on a mac, trouble free for years. Recently experienced bizarre behavior following "error in loading dll". Some files don't load, the computer may hang, and the statistics tool disappeared. Worse, the problem spread to my similarly configured home computer. Is there some old virus that I was lucky enough to miss first time around? Please respond to jmcgowan@usna.edu. Cheers, Joe ...

#value error #4
I am getting #value error in a formula.comparing a text string(using wildcard) in a column range with a text string(wild card) I want extract row numbers that matches that string in a range as array formula.While checking in formula evaluation,to find where I did wrong,I found results are coming correctly at all steps except final step.At last stage of formula evaluation I find =if(false,false,true,false,# value,false,true,#value) like this.The true values are the results what I desire.Then I used the function if(iserror,.That also didn't work. Any body please help me to how can I ...

Sub error
I have created this macro but everytime I run it the Columns it hides is incorrect. It hides FGHIJK it should only hide GHI. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Thank you for your help. Sub Done_Changes() ' ' Done_Changes Macro ' ' Range("G11:H50").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=42 Range("G54:H58").Select Selection.Locked = True Selection.FormulaHidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=9 Range("G62:H74").Select Selection.Locked = T...

Error on log file growth.
I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The drive cannot find the sector requested.) encountered. SQL 2008 Enterprise 64 bit SP1 Windows 2008 R2 64 bit fully patched. Latest firmware and drivers for HP EVA 6400 San, 4 8GB QLogic HBAs TIA! David Hay On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT), David Hay <david.hay@gmail.com> wrote: > >I am getting this error when we try to grow a logfile. > >FCB::ZeroFile(), GetOverLappedResult(): Operating system error 27(The >dri...

Document not Saved error
Occasionally, a user will get the error message, Document not Saved, when trying to save a spreadsheet. Save as, saving to a different drive results in the same message. To recover, you can Copy the whole sheet, exit then go back into Excel, then past, then save it. We use Excel 97. Does anyone know why this is happening? When you save a file, excel will save it as a temporary file (8 characters, no extension). Then if that save is successful, excel will delete the original and rename this funny named file to the original's name. You see the results when something interferes wi...

MS Exchange Settins.FAV error
Please help... I can't use outlook. Every time I try to access outlook I get this error "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcut information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "MS Exchange Settings.FAV" is not marked read-only. All changes made during this session will be lost. I have looked every where I can think and I am lost. Try renaming that .FAV file to .OLD while Outlook is closed and see if it's rebuilt when Outlook reopens. .FAV files hold the Outlook Bar shortcuts, and it's possible the file has beco...

Error message 03-15-10
I am running a database developed in Access 2000. One of the users in the office is using Office 2003 on a Windows 7Business Professional. When he tries to load the database he gets the following error message. "Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'dao360.dll' version 5.0." Other users can run the database fine on Office 2003 but are using Windows XP Professional. How can I get it to run? -- Anne "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01EDADDB-389E-40...

canadian payroll errors when accessing employee setup #2
Hi, I've recently upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0 and when i try to access Payroll Employee Setup, i get the message "A get/change first operation on table 'P_CPY_SETP_Employer_Number' failed accessing SQL Data. When i click on the more info box i get [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'PDM.dbo.zDP_CPY10010F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthExpAcctInx'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PNFHlthPayAcctInx'. [Microsof...

Improved Error Handling Messages/Supporting documentation
The level of error handling messages within CRM 3.0 is mostly at a summary level and means that troubleshooting and investigation timeframes becomes unnecessarily lengthened. For example in trying to import campaign responses the error message under Activities\Bulk Import\Failures\"Data in row did not match the import type" 0x8004032d Unfortunately this error message does not indicate which field is erroring out on so trying to troubleshoot somethign which in principle appears fairly simple becomes an onerous task - and is hit/miss in terms of success. Is it possible to prov...

Mass e-mail errors when Word access Outlook
Hi; When Word accesses Outlook for a mass e-mail it says 'another program is trying to access outlook automatically to send e-mails' You set it to allow access for 10 minutes, however it continues to ask for every e- mail. Any solutions? I tried adjusting security levels but no luck. Thanks. Lee ...

#DIV/0! Error
Hi I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are no entries in the cells. How can i get the folrmula to surpress the error (show a blank cell) when there are no entries in the cells that the formula refers to? Could you please provide an example Thanks John =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joohn Calder" <JoohnCalder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A736933-8B5E-4D25-A67F-AADE56803802@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I get an error (#DIV/0!) when I divide one cell by the other and there are > no ent...

query values and destination fields error
I am trying to get this code to add HorseID to tblDailyCharge.HorseID when I update this form, but I am getting the error: Number of query values and destination fields are not the same! Private Sub subSetInvoiceDetailsValues() CurrentProject.Connection.Execute "INSERT INTO tblAdditionCharge(InvoiceID,ChargeID,HorseID,DayNo,ChargeNumber,AdditionCharge, " _ & " AdditionChargeAmount)SELECT " & lngInvoiceID & "," & "ChargeID" _ & "," & cbHorseName.value & ",DayNo,ChargeNumber,Ad...

CFile::Seek() runtime error in Windows 98/ME
Hi, in my application I have this code: #define POS_CABECERA 258048 CFile f; f.Open(m_fichero,CFile::modeRead|CFile::typeBinary); f.Seek(POS_CABECERA,CFile::begin); f.Read(config,sizeof(cfgstruct)); f.Close(); POS_CABECERA is a #defined position on my file (the file that I'm opening is the own executable), and in Windows 2000/XP all works fine, but when i run in Windows 98/ME I have a runtime error in the call to Seek, what i am doing wrong? I don't have more info about the error because my Visual Studio is installed in a Windows XP, by the way, can I debug my application ru...

Generate C# code from Excel file (2007)
Hi all, is it possible to create an Excel formula (or something else) that, from the name of a cell (i.e "Cell Name 1"), it create me a string like: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; and this for every cells in the sheet, so I can obtain: public const string Cell_Name_1 = "Cell_Name_1"; public const string Cell_Name_2 = "Cell_Name_2"; public const string Cell_Name_3 = "Cell_Name_3"; ----etc------ Thanks in advance. -- Luigi Hi, in column B place the needed numbers, say B2 = 1, B3 = 2 etc. In column C place the formula...

Importing a DLL: calling function error.
I'm importing a DLL and when I call its function "vDecode" I get an error message (see below). I think that the reason is that the function prototype I have is wrong (the DLL documentation -below- could be wrong, old, obsolete). BUT maybe I'm not importing the DLL right (I have not much experience importing DLLs) I reproduce the code below (simplified). Am I forgetting to do something to make this function work? Thanks a lot! Ricardo. ---------------------------------------------------------------- THE ERROR ========= Debug Error! Program: ... PROYECTOS\_TESTS\Coder\Debu...

Error accessing organizational forms library
I have an Outlook form that I wish to deploy by publishing it to the organizational forms library. Trying to do so from Outlook yields "An error occurred while going to this folder". I did some searches and looked at this article: "How to Create an Organizational Forms Library in Exchange" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q244591/ I had our Exchange administrator follow the steps and he received error 80070005. We are stymied at this point and can't find a solution for accessing or creatiug the Organizational Forms Library so we can publish forms. Thanks for a...

Error 91
One of the users I support gets the following message when he opens some ..xls files Timer: Error: 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. There are two scenarios where this happens. In both cases the error message appears above another message box. After clicking on the error box it continues to reappear until you quickly click the background message box. I searched the MS Knowledge base and some newsgroups such as this one, but all hits involved macros or custom code. There are no macros or custom code associated with any of these spreadsheets. Case 1: The spreads...

APPCRASH error
In using microsoft Outlook 2007 I keep receiving an error and it will no longer even open. I have pasted the error message below. Have you ever seen this error and if so, do you know how to fix it? (I even tried to reinstall microsoft office - didn't help). Thank you for any assistance you can offer. Lisa Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000 Application Timestamp: 4a89dc70 Fault Module Name: mspst32.dll Fault Module Version: 12.0.6514....

How to Handle Errors in The Code?
Hi, How should we handle the exceptions/errors in the Excel? I am using the following code, but during running it gave some errors. I wanted that if the error occurs during running, it would be handle automatically. What extra piece of code I add in order to handle the error? Any suggestion will be appreciated. I am getting the error like: a. File not found b. Object required. Regards BENAZIR CODE: Sub ArchivelogChk 'This module checks you are in archivelog mode, and aborts the entir thing 'if not. No point in trying to perform a hot backup unless you are. strFileOut=&...

Install fails due to error opening a Registry Key
When I try to install on a new copy of WinXP Publisher 2002 which has previously run ok, it stops and states that perhaps I am not the administrator (not true) and that it can't open the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.pps\PersistantHandler I can see this key is not set on my machine, as I have no other office products installed now. Do a virus/malware scan. I tried finding a definitive answer for you, I read many articles, most of which seemed to suggest a scan would help. Has Publisher 2002 been installed on this computer before? Are you overwriting ...