Dimension of profile user photo?

What are the optimum dimensions that your profile photo in windows live
messenger should be?
windows.live.messenger 427 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Greetings,

96x96.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

"thebigdintexas" <thebigdintexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the optimum dimensions that your profile photo in windows live
> messenger should be?

0
Jonathan
1/24/2010 2:14:53 AM
Thanks.  I was using a 16x9 formated photo and was experiencing black bars on
it displaying as my WLM profile photo.  I was messing around trying to fix it
before you posted a response, and I made the dimensions square using 239x239
pixels and it actually seems to be displaying fine..it must automatically
scale the pixels down when I make it my profile photo or something.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> 96x96.
>
> --
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
> --
>

> "thebigdintexas" <thebigdintexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What are the optimum dimensions that your profile photo in windows live
> > messenger should be?
>

> .

Hi,

Yep it does.  In fact I'm surprised you got bars, Messenger has a really nice algorithm for
making decent display pictures (in comparison to other clients anyway).

I have seen bars added before though, so don't think anything's wrong.

--

> Thanks.  I was using a 16x9 formated photo and was experiencing black bars on
> it displaying as my WLM profile photo.  I was messing around trying to fix it
> before you posted a response, and I made the dimensions square using 239x239
> pixels and it actually seems to be displaying fine..it must automatically
> scale the pixels down when I make it my profile photo or something.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> 96x96.
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
>> MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
>> MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
>> Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
>> (c) 2010 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation
>> --
>>

>> "thebigdintexas" <thebigdintexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What are the optimum dimensions that your profile photo in windows live
>> > messenger should be?
>>

>> .

0
Jonathan

#NAME? Error With User Defined Functions
Excel 2007 I have a problem that has been driving me nuts. I created a code module and have pasted a couple of user defined functions into the module. When I am entering my formula into a cell and I start typing the name of the function, I see that the function is listed in the drop-down list of functions. That tells me that Excel recognizes the function. However, after entering the formula I get a #NAME? error. Here is a link to just one of the user defined functions that I've been trying to use. http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#code Other peo...

Account Names not showing when adding new user
Hi, I created a SharePoint site off of a 2007 Project Server install and when adding users to access the SharePoint site, directory services only returns admin users of the SharePoint/Project Server? How do I get AD to return all the users in the domain? Thanks! Steve Steve: What do you mean when you say "I created a SharePoint site off of a 2007 Project Server install?" Your description lacks a few details. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAA4C48D-9D6A-44C7-84BF-787AE762561E@microsoft.com... > Hi, >...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Windows 2000 server user names
Where can I configure the user names formatting like you do in Recipient policies? yaro ...

Visual Basic Editor Opening and Closing for User
I have a user who is learning VB in excel. When she opens the visual basic editor it imedietely opens and then closes. When I do it as administrator it opens and stays open. Obviously a permission issue. Does anyone know how to allow her to open the VB editor in Excel and use it w/out giving her administrator access to the whole computer. I tried giving her write permissions to the Excel.exe but this does not solve the problem. Thanks. In xl2003, from the Excel window: Tools>Macro>Security>Trusted Publishers and then check the trust boxes at the bottom of the d...

"grouping" a table to prevent change from users
Hi, I would like to group an entire table with a wdContentControlGroup type of Content Control to prevent editing from users except in some wdContentControlRichText type of Content Control. I'm having problem in passing the right Range of the table. If I use: With ActiveDocument Set r = .Tables(1).Range Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdContentControlGroup, r) End With an error "5224" "Wrong selection" arise. If I use: With ActiveDocument .Tables(1).Select Set objcc = .ContentControls.Add(wdCo...

upload a document with photos?
I am trying to attach a word document that has three photos in it. It is only one page but it is taking 3-4 minutes to download. I need to do this a lot faster, is there a way to speed up the download of the document? 1. Zip the document to make the file smaller. 2. Use a graphics program (such as www.irfanview.com) to crop and reduce the resolution of the pictures so they contain fewer bytes, before inserting them into the document. 3. Pay more to get a faster internet connection. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ...

Outlook 2003 Profile Confguration via Group Policy
Hi I am looking for a way to change an existing Outlook 2003 email profile to change the exchange server via Group Policy. We are performing the migration of the mailbox using quest however we need a way to configure the users mail profile to point to the new email server in a different AD forest (therefore the new email server is in a different forest and exchange org). Thanks -- Alan You can create a prf-file via the Office Resource Kit. You can then deploy and execute this file via a logon script. If this is a managed Office deployment, then you could also deploy a...

Help! All my Publisher photos have stopped showing up!
Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it up today and it will not show any photos. Nothing from templates or that I insert. I have tried to repair the office suite and I have reinstalled the program as well and neither of those things helped. I have also emptied all my temp. internet files because that once stopped my clipart from appearing, but that didn't help either. Please help! I use Publisher way too much to loose it. LKS wrote: > Publisher was working fine at the beginning of the week and now I opened it > up today and it will n...

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

Recovering Microsoft User Data
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Hi there, <br> I've read the discussions on this one but my steps haven't yet righted the problem. I accidently trashed my 2004 user data last night. I have recovered it and moved it into the docs folder alongside the old file calling the new file Microsoft User Data old - but then Entourage keeps replacing it.. What steps should I take to restore my data in Entourage? Thank you! <br><br>Duncan To update: I have a 266MB file called database in my Office 2004 identiti...

Users can't access CRM via a VPN connection
Hi -- we're trying to set it up so our remote users can VPN into the office and use CRM via their Outlook client. We have CRM 3.0 and we're using a Check Point firewall. The CRM Outlook client works great when they're in the office but when they try during a VPN session they get the infamous error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailabe..." Outlook connects to the Exchange server as it should -- but for some reason CRM won't work. I've already looked through the KB article 910090 and none of tha...

Number of users
Can anybody tell me the number of users that can use Excel at any one point. I am fairly sure that a number of users can use it at once, but will they have to look at the spreadsheet in a 'read only' state with only one user having the full functions of the spreadsheet. So basically, is it true that a number of users can use it, but the spreadsheet is in a read only format? any help will be most appreciated. Mark -- pompey_student ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pompey_student's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Test managed user
Testing again to see if my set up is correct to identify me as managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_26B25925 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, This email came in under Open- Managed User. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Dana Dunlop Microsoft Online Support Engineer ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by posting ...

restrict excel export to some users
hello, we would like to allow the excel export only to some of our reporting service users. i know that we can switch off excel export in the ssrs instance, but then nobody can export report data to excel. we would like to allow one usergroup can export to excel, other groups not. how can i realize this? any howto´s, ideas or workarrounds? thanks andreas -- mfg andreas I am not aware of any way to do this unless you write your own front end instead of using Report Manager. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "AnRa" <...

Re-enabling a disabled user problem
Hello, On my Exchange server (SBS 2003, Exchange 2003), I was recently instructed to delete a couple of logins of people who left the company. I like to simply disable them for a while just in case we need to get back into their mailboxes. One one such user, it turns out he still needs to use his mailbox. I re-enabled him, but all subsequent emails are bounced back ("The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator."). How do I open up the mailbox to receive emai...

allow template user to insert picture
I'm creating a form which I will save as a protected template. How do I allow users to insert their own logo in a designated area? Is this possible? I tried using the "image" control box field but I'm not sure if this is what it is intended for. Thanks I think I'd use a macro that asked for the logo, unprotected the worksheet, added the logo and then reprotected the worksheet. Kind of... Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myPictName As Variant Dim myPict As Picture Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1") myPictName ...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

single user email gets lost or arrives hours late
I have a user that is using office xp. we run excg5.5. he can send out an email to a user and sometimes the user gets it and sometimes he dosen't. we don't get bounce back message. i am trying to figure out what the problem is. The users address is saved in the users contacts list. ...

Poor quality of photos inserted as files
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had an ongoing problem with random poor quality of photos inserted into Word documents as files. The photos appear normal in the document on the display, but half of the time when they are printed, they look like they have a resolution of 50 dpi. This problem has occurred using several different printers, both laser and ink jet. The problem does not appear consistently. I have tried to massage the photos with Photoshop Elements but that has no effect. I end up having to print the photo pages in the documen...

How to switch users in browser
I have a quite simpel question, but the answer is hard to get. So I hope someone can help I would like to start MS CRM 4 in a browser It is simpel. http://crmserver:5555 then the CRM starts with my user. But I sometimes need to login to the browser version with another user name. I don't see how to do this. I have tried to delete all browser history, but still just login as my normal user. So I just want to have the login screen to pop up, so I can type in another user. Thanks, Munk Hi, In your Internet Explorer options, you should check your security options. See in the Int...

Silly question
on our exchange backend, the applied policy has a time limit set for deleted items to retain them for 2 days. What i need to know is what exactly 2 days mean, is it the time from the actual moment the item is deleted, or will it mean that the moment 2 days pass on the calender the items will be removed? the policy is based on the modification time, which is when the item is put into the deleted items folder. "chrisste24" <chrisste24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F72DCD4-CB76-4BFD-B0AD-32005D165C23@microsoft.com... > on our exchange backend, the ap...

Users requiring multiple mailboxes
We are currently running NT server 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. I have joined this orginization just recently and the method they have used to create Calendars for things like resources and rooms has been to create a new mailbox and then assign staff permission to the mailboxes This means that nearly everyone has at least 5 or 6 mailboxes associated to there Outlook profile. On top of this they do the same for each new "group" e-mail they want created i.e. info@abc.com, request@abc.com etc. I believe this is so they can send on behalf of I believe in using Public Folders which they barely...

User Input Validation
I have a form that allows editing, single form view. I want to validate each field for valid entries: Using IsNumeric etc. Is within a certain range. When I perform this validation using Before_Update, I am receiving the following error..."You must save the field before you execute the GoToControl action, the GoToControl method, or the SetFocus method." Here is my code: Private Sub datReminderInterval_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.datReminderInterval.Value < 1 Or _ Me.datReminderInterval.Value > 60 Or _ IsNull(Me...

"Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox"
There's nothing like being blessed with a problem during a Client's deployment. But there's always a wrinkle. In this case MSFT MBS Support has a nice KB for the issue. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYLSVQUSPTNTNSMQPYXTWZSXKKVXMPOUPXKZZRYZMOSLUMMTOL But it does not cover the situation I have now. It seems that the Exchange administrator configures his user names as "Joe.Carlsbad". Running the query: Select DomainName from systemuserbase shows that there is not a user with the FQDN of the domain. But I did see one successfu...