WLM with second account

Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!

New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided
to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and
entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the telus.net
account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get 10
to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account,
then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even deleted
live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and it
was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.  Need
help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live account
( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them remove
it from their list.

Since this is a new account setup after a clean install of WLM on a new o/s....are you sure those messages being received from
telus.net are not on your web server...I.e. WLM performing a one time download(when the account is setup as a pop3 account) from
your account on the server.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11311E34-0930-4887-8F57-801FEB83EE3B@microsoft.com...
> Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
>
> New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
> remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided
> to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and
> entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the telus.net
> account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get 10
> to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
> propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account,
> then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even deleted
> live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and it
> was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.  Need
> help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live account
> ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them remove
> it from their list.

0
winston
4/15/2010 5:39:24 AM
Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com .
Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
Is your telus account listed?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
>
> New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
> remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I
> decided
> to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca
> and
> entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the
> telus.net
> account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get
> 10
> to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
> propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus
> account,
> then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even
> deleted
> live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and
> it
> was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.
> Need
> help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live
> account
> ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them
> remove
> it from their list.

0
Ron
4/15/2010 9:54:53 AM
No, not a one-time incident at all; continuing as we speak; still getting
mail coming in to both accounts; sometimes one or the other; can't get a
handle on any consistancy; frustrating.

"...winston" wrote:

> Since this is a new account setup after a clean install of WLM on a new o/s....are you sure those messages being received from
> telus.net are not on your web server...I.e. WLM performing a one time download(when the account is setup as a pop3 account) from
> your account on the server.
>

> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11311E34-0930-4887-8F57-801FEB83EE3B@microsoft.com...
> > Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
> >
> > New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
> > remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided
> > to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and
> > entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the telus.net
> > account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get 10
> > to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
> > propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account,
> > then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even deleted
> > live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and it
> > was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.  Need
> > help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live account
> > ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them remove
> > it from their list.
>
> .

Yes Ron; both are listed!!!!!!

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com .
> Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
> Is your telus account listed?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
> >
> > New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
> > remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I
> > decided
> > to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca
> > and
> > entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the
> > telus.net
> > account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get
> > 10
> > to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
> > propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus
> > account,
> > then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even
> > deleted
> > live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and
> > it
> > was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.
> > Need
> > help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live
> > account
> > ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them
> > remove
> > it from their list.
>
> .

If you are going to access the telus account in WLMail, then there is no
need to access the account in Hotmail.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Yes Ron; both are listed!!!!!!
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com .
>> Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
>> Is your telus account listed?
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
>> >
>> > New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
>> > remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I
>> > decided
>> > to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@
>> > live.ca
>> > and
>> > entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the
>> > telus.net
>> > account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will
>> > get
>> > 10
>> > to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox
>> > (checked
>> > propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus
>> > account,
>> > then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even
>> > deleted
>> > live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look,
>> > and
>> > it
>> > was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.
>> > Need
>> > help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live
>> > account
>> > ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them
>> > remove
>> > it from their list.
>>
>> .

0
Ron
4/16/2010 3:05:30 AM
To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a hotmail account; just
telus.net, live.ca, and g-mail (we won't go there!!)  How did you come up
with hotmail???

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> If you are going to access the telus account in WLMail, then there is no
> need to access the account in Hotmail.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes Ron; both are listed!!!!!!
> >
> > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
> >
> >> Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com .
> >> Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
> >> Is your telus account listed?
> >> --
> >> Ron Sommer
> >> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
> >>
> >> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

All Hotmail.com, Live.com, msn.com emails are Hotmail accounts.
If your live.ca account has an Inbox at mail.live.com or hotmail.com(both addresses load the same service) then it also is a
Hotmail account.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C313D93-B82B-45DF-B45A-69BEF0EE34E5@microsoft.com...
> To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a hotmail account; just
> telus.net, live.ca, and g-mail (we won't go there!!)  How did you come up
> with hotmail???
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> If you are going to access the telus account in WLMail, then there is no
>> need to access the account in Hotmail.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes Ron; both are listed!!!!!!

>> .

0
winston
4/16/2010 5:21:01 AM
See Rons' earlier response about send and receiving from a Hotmail account(mail.live.com or hotmail.com) and removing the redundant
account.

Hotmail type accounts are available in multiple forms(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com, etc)
As noted in my post(a few minutes ago), if you can access mail.live.com your Live.ca account is also a Hotmail type account.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E6BA107-14B9-4EBE-AD55-DA2A6B704E63@microsoft.com...
> No, not a one-time incident at all; continuing as we speak; still getting
> mail coming in to both accounts; sometimes one or the other; can't get a
> handle on any consistancy; frustrating.
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> Since this is a new account setup after a clean install of WLM on a new o/s....are you sure those messages being received from
>> telus.net are not on your web server...I.e. WLM performing a one time download(when the account is setup as a pop3 account) from
>> your account on the server.
>>

>> --
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
>> >
>> > New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
>> > remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided
>> > to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and
>> > entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the telus.net
>> > account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get 10
>> > to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
>> > propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account,
>> > then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even deleted
>> > live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and it
>> > was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.  Need
>> > help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live account
>> > ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them remove
>> > it from their list.
>>
>> .

0
winston
4/16/2010 5:24:09 AM
Hotmail and Live, whether live.com or live.ca, are essentially the same =
thing.
Both are hosted on the same Hotmail servers.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a hotmail account; just=20
> telus.net, live.ca, and g-mail (we won't go there!!)  How did you come =
up=20
> with hotmail???
>=20
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>=20
>> If you are going to access the telus account in WLMail, then there is =
no=20
>> need to access the account in Hotmail.
>> --=20
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>=20
>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message=20
>> > Yes Ron; both are listed!!!!!!

http://mail.live.com .

>> .

0
Gary
4/16/2010 6:00:11 AM
So, I take it that if I was to deleted, or close down my live.ca account
completely, the issue would go away; only thing is, I tried that, and mail
was still going into live.cas acct. anyway.  What I had hoped would happen is
that I could arrange these two accounts to be separate completely; then, when
I do go out of town, sometimes 5 months at a time,
where I can't send with my telus acct (port issues) I could use live .ca on
the same page.  What is sent to telus goes to telus; and what is sent to
live.ca goes to live.ca

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hotmail and Live, whether live.com or live.ca, are essentially the same thing.
> Both are hosted on the same Hotmail servers.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C313D93-B82B-45DF-B45A-69BEF0EE34E5@microsoft.com...
> > To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a hotmail account; just
> > telus.net, live.ca, and g-mail (we won't go there!!)  How did you come up
> > with hotmail???
> >
> > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are going to access the telus account in WLMail, then there is no
> >> need to access the account in Hotmail.
> >> --
> >> Ron Sommer
> >> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
> >>
> >> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

You don't need to close your live.ca account, simply remove the =
connection
it has with the Telus account.  As Ron stated:

>> Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com =
..
>> Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
That would be the correct location to remove the Telus account from.

There are other ways to send mail while away from home.
For example, you can do the sending via webmail at=20
http://webmail.telus.net .

> So, I take it that if I was to deleted, or close down my live.ca =
account=20
> completely, the issue would go away; only thing is, I tried that, and =
mail=20
> was still going into live.cas acct. anyway.  What I had hoped would =
happen is=20
> that I could arrange these two accounts to be separate completely; =
then, when=20
> I do go out of town, sometimes 5 months at a time,
> where I can't send with my telus acct (port issues) I could use live =
..ca on=20
> the same page.  What is sent to telus goes to telus; and what is sent =
to=20
> live.ca goes to live.ca
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Hotmail and Live, whether live.com or live.ca, are essentially the =
same thing.
>> Both are hosted on the same Hotmail servers.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:6C313D93-B82B-45DF-B45A-69BEF0EE34E5@microsoft.com...
>> > To the best of my knowledge, I have never had a hotmail account; =
just=20
>> > telus.net, live.ca, and g-mail (we won't go there!!)  How did you =
come up=20
>> > with hotmail???
>> >=20
>> > "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>> >=20

http://mail.live.com .

Install went
I will=20
 I even
Had them

>> .

0
Gary
4/16/2010 7:01:06 PM
Ok; was waiting for more options before I DELETED anything.  Looks like two
possible locations to delete my telus account.  Which is the correct one.   I
don't want to lose access to the account!!

Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
needlenoses@live.ca
Currently signed in

You can receive mail from these accounts
You can get all of your messages in one place by adding e-mail accounts
here. They do need to be POP-enabled, but we'll check that for you.   Learn
more.

E-mail account Status
@telus.net Last check was successful Edit Remove

Add an e-mail account

You can send mail from these accounts
When you compose a new message, you can choose to send it from any of the
following accounts. Your recipients may see: "From needlenoses@live.ca on
behalf of name@example.com".   Learn more

E-mail account
needlenoses@live.ca (default 'From' address)
...................@telus.net Use as default Remove

Add another account to send mail from

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> You don't need to close your live.ca account, simply remove the connection
> it has with the Telus account.  As Ron stated:
>
> >> Use your browser to login to the live account at http://mail.live.com ..
> >> Options, More options, Send and receive email from another account.
> That would be the correct location to remove the Telus account from.
>
> There are other ways to send mail while away from home.
> For example, you can do the sending via webmail at
> http://webmail.telus.net .

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CD66A61-E17B-45AF-AE1E-33AADC07D8B3@microsoft.com...
> > So, I take it that if I was to deleted, or close down my live.ca account
> > completely, the issue would go away; only thing is, I tried that, and mail
> > was still going into live.cas acct. anyway.  What I had hoped would happen is
> > that I could arrange these two accounts to be separate completely; then, when
> > I do go out of town, sometimes 5 months at a time,
> > where I can't send with my telus acct (port issues) I could use live ..ca on
> > the same page.  What is sent to telus goes to telus; and what is sent to
> > live.ca goes to live.ca
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hotmail and Live, whether live.com or live.ca, are essentially the same thing.
> >> Both are hosted on the same Hotmail servers.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

Remove it from the first.
 - click on Remove adjacent to 'last check was successful.

Hotmail will no longer show that account and automatically retreive messages.

It will not affect the telus.net account elsewhere and you can still send and retrieve mail in either account via an email client
or the account's web interface.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69CC905E-9501-4B1C-AC5B-08C62DCC6295@microsoft.com...

> possible locations to delete my telus account.  Which is the correct one.   I
> don't want to lose access to the account!!
>

> Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
> needlenoses@live.ca
> Currently signed in
>

> You can receive mail from these accounts
> You can get all of your messages in one place by adding e-mail accounts
> here. They do need to be POP-enabled, but we'll check that for you.   Learn
> more.
>

> E-mail account Status
> @telus.net Last check was successful Edit Remove
>
> Add an e-mail account
>

> You can send mail from these accounts
> When you compose a new message, you can choose to send it from any of the
> following accounts. Your recipients may see: "From needlenoses@live.ca on
> behalf of name@example.com".   Learn more
>

> E-mail account
> needlenoses@live.ca (default 'From' address)
> ..................@telus.net Use as default Remove
>
> Add another account to send mail from
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You don't need to close your live.ca account, simply remove the connection
>> it has with the Telus account.  As Ron stated:

>> That would be the correct location to remove the Telus account from.
>>
>> There are other ways to send mail while away from home.
>> For example, you can do the sending via webmail at
>> http://webmail.telus.net .
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So, I take it that if I was to deleted, or close down my live.ca account
>> > completely, the issue would go away; only thing is, I tried that, and mail
>> > was still going into live.cas acct. anyway.  What I had hoped would happen is
>> > that I could arrange these two accounts to be separate completely; then, when
>> > I do go out of town, sometimes 5 months at a time,
>> > where I can't send with my telus acct (port issues) I could use live ..ca on
>> > the same page.  What is sent to telus goes to telus; and what is sent to
>> > live.ca goes to live.ca

>> .

0
winston
4/17/2010 8:26:31 AM
Doing it right away; will let you know what happens!!!!!

"...winston" wrote:

> Remove it from the first.
>  - click on Remove adjacent to 'last check was successful.
>
> Hotmail will no longer show that account and automatically retreive messages.
>
> It will not affect the telus.net account elsewhere and you can still send and retrieve mail in either account via an email client
> or the account's web interface.
>
> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>
> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69CC905E-9501-4B1C-AC5B-08C62DCC6295@microsoft.com...

> > possible locations to delete my telus account.  Which is the correct one.   I
> > don't want to lose access to the account!!
> >

> > Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
> > needlenoses@live.ca
> > Currently signed in
> >

> > You can receive mail from these accounts
> > You can get all of your messages in one place by adding e-mail accounts
> > here. They do need to be POP-enabled, but we'll check that for you.   Learn
> > more.
> >

> > E-mail account Status
> > @telus.net Last check was successful Edit Remove
> >
> > Add an e-mail account
> >

> > You can send mail from these accounts
> > When you compose a new message, you can choose to send it from any of the
> > following accounts. Your recipients may see: "From needlenoses@live.ca on
> > behalf of name@example.com".   Learn more
> >

> > E-mail account
> > needlenoses@live.ca (default 'From' address)
> > ..................@telus.net Use as default Remove
> >
> > Add another account to send mail from
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You don't need to close your live.ca account, simply remove the connection
> >> it has with the Telus account.  As Ron stated:

> >> That would be the correct location to remove the Telus account from.
> >>
> >> There are other ways to send mail while away from home.
> >> For example, you can do the sending via webmail at
> >> http://webmail.telus.net .
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >>

> >> "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at all,
so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  Was
hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live account
separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn.  Must
be a way!!!!

"NEEDLENOSES" wrote:

> Doing it right away; will let you know what happens!!!!!
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
> > Remove it from the first.
> >  - click on Remove adjacent to 'last check was successful.
> >
> > Hotmail will no longer show that account and automatically retreive messages.
> >
> > It will not affect the telus.net account elsewhere and you can still send and retrieve mail in either account via an email client
> > or the account's web interface.
> >
> > --
> >   ...winston
> >   ms-mvp mail
> >
> > "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69CC905E-9501-4B1C-AC5B-08C62DCC6295@microsoft.com...

> > > possible locations to delete my telus account.  Which is the correct one.   I
> > > don't want to lose access to the account!!
> > >

> > > Send and receive mail from other e-mail accounts
> > > needlenoses@live.ca
> > > Currently signed in
> > >

> > > You can receive mail from these accounts
> > > You can get all of your messages in one place by adding e-mail accounts
> > > here. They do need to be POP-enabled, but we'll check that for you.   Learn
> > > more.
> > >

> > > E-mail account Status
> > > @telus.net Last check was successful Edit Remove
> > >
> > > Add an e-mail account
> > >

> > > You can send mail from these accounts
> > > When you compose a new message, you can choose to send it from any of the
> > > following accounts. Your recipients may see: "From needlenoses@live.ca on
> > > behalf of name@example.com".   Learn more
> > >

> > > E-mail account
> > > needlenoses@live.ca (default 'From' address)
> > > ..................@telus.net Use as default Remove
> > >
> > > Add another account to send mail from

> > .

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01CADE9C.7DC8DA60

Logon to account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on Mail, and =
send your self a message from the web UI to the Telus account. Sign off =
and close IE.

Open IE and logon to your telus account web interface and send a message =
from that web UI to the live.ca account, logofff and close IE.

Repeat the logon process, one at a time and check for messages in the =
web UI of the Live and Telus accounts.
Ensure a delivered message is not in the junk mail folder of either web =
UI.

If you can logon in each web UI and send messages to each account using =
the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is configuration =
related.(check your settings for each)

Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?
 - What is the source of those settings

Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
 - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is =
done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?

--=20
  Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account =
at all,=20
  so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  =
Was=20
  hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live =
account=20
  separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn. =
 Must=20
  be a way!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01CADE9C.7DC8DA60

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18071" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Logon to account.live.com for the Live.ca =
account..click on=20
Mail, and send your self a message from the web UI&nbsp;to the Telus =
account.=20
Sign off and close IE.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Open IE and&nbsp;logon to your&nbsp;telus account =
web=20
interface and send a message from that web UI to the live.ca account, =
logofff=20
and close IE.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Repeat the logon process, one at a time and check =
for messages=20
in the web UI of the Live and Telus accounts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ensure a delivered message is not in the junk mail =
folder of=20
either web UI.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you can logon in each web UI and send messages to =
each=20
account using the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is =
configuration=20
related.(check your settings for each)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;- What is the source of those =
settings</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;- Http is setup automatically in WLM using the =
DeltaSync=20
sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com">news:415=
6611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Ok;=20
  did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at =
all,=20
  <BR>so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to =
test.&nbsp;=20
  Was <BR>hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the =
live=20
  account <BR>separately, like a stand-alone account.&nbsp; Still =
reading; lots=20
  to learn.&nbsp; Must <BR>be a =
way!!!!<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_015C_01CADE9C.7DC8DA60--

0
winston
4/18/2010 6:11:43 AM
OK Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what you suggested on previous
post; removed Telus acct.

What happened next was that I got SSL errors on my telus account.  Went into
properties and sure enough the box was checked; unchecked it and solved that
issue.

Now, when I am in Windows Live page, I still see my live.ca acct, and Telus
right below it.  All my telus mail now come into my telus folder only.  I can
send from the Live.ca inbox to myself at telus, but live.ca receives nothing
that I send to it.

Now here is where I once again get a bit confused; if I now go into
HTTP://mail.live.com to my live.ca account, I do receive mail there that I
send from telus acct.

Getting there!!!!

I won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear from you on this one.

Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary VanderMolen; thanks very much for help on these
issues.  I would truly be lost otherwise.   I do, even at my age, try to
learn as much as I can.

"...winston" wrote:

> Logon to account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on Mail, and send your self a message from the web UI to the Telus account. Sign off and close IE.
>
> Open IE and logon to your telus account web interface and send a message from that web UI to the live.ca account, logofff and close IE.
>

> Repeat the logon process, one at a time and check for messages in the web UI of the Live and Telus accounts.
> Ensure a delivered message is not in the junk mail folder of either web UI.
>
> If you can logon in each web UI and send messages to each account using the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is configuration related.(check your settings for each)
>
> Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?
>  - What is the source of those settings
>
> Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
>  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
>

> --
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
>   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
>   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at all,
>   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  Was
>   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live account
>   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn.  Must
>   be a way!!!!

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01CAE02F.41CD0380

The suggestion was to to remove the telus account in the web UI, not =
WLM.
Setup both the Live.ca and Telus account properly in WLM.=20
Remove the telus account from the web UI.

  OK Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what you suggested on =
previous=20
  post; removed Telus acct.

  What happened next was that I got SSL errors on my telus account.  =
Went into=20
  properties and sure enough the box was checked; unchecked it and =
solved that=20
  issue.

  Now, when I am in Windows Live page, I still see my live.ca acct, and =
Telus=20
  right below it.  All my telus mail now come into my telus folder only. =
 I can=20
  send from the Live.ca inbox to myself at telus, but live.ca receives =
nothing=20
  that I send to it.

  Now here is where I once again get a bit confused; if I now go into=20
  HTTP://mail.live.com to my live.ca account, I do receive mail there =
that I=20
  send from telus acct.=20

  Getting there!!!!

  I won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear from you on this =
one.

  Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary VanderMolen; thanks very much for help on =
these=20

  "...winston" wrote:

  > Logon to account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on Mail, =
and send your self a message from the web UI to the Telus account. Sign =
off and close IE.
  >=20
  > Open IE and logon to your telus account web interface and send a =
message from that web UI to the live.ca account, logofff and close IE.
  >=20
  >=20
  > Repeat the logon process, one at a time and check for messages in =
the web UI of the Live and Telus accounts.
  > Ensure a delivered message is not in the junk mail folder of either =
web UI.
  >=20
  > If you can logon in each web UI and send messages to each account =
using the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is configuration =
related.(check your settings for each)
  >=20
  > Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?
  >  - What is the source of those settings
  >=20
  > Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
  >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, =
Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
  >=20
  >=20
  > --=20
  >   ...winston
  >   ms-mvp mail
  >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
  >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live =
account at all,=20
  >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to =
test.  Was=20
  >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live =
account=20
  >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to =
learn.  Must=20
  >   be a way!!!!
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01CAE02F.41CD0380

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The suggestion was to&nbsp;to remove the telus =
account in the=20
web UI, not WLM.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Setup both the Live.ca and Telus account properly in =
WLM.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Remove the telus account from the web =
UI.</FONT></DIV>
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:31066873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com">news:310=
66873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>OK=20
  Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what you suggested on =
previous=20
  <BR>post; removed Telus acct.<BR><BR>What happened next was that I got =
SSL=20
  errors on my telus account.&nbsp; Went into <BR>properties and sure =
enough the=20
  box was checked; unchecked it and solved that <BR>issue.<BR><BR>Now, =
when I am=20
  in Windows Live page, I still see my live.ca acct, and Telus <BR>right =
below=20
  it.&nbsp; All my telus mail now come into my telus folder only.&nbsp; =
I can=20
  <BR>send from the Live.ca inbox to myself at telus, but live.ca =
receives=20
  nothing <BR>that I send to it.<BR><BR>Now here is where I once again =
get a bit=20
  confused; if I now go into <BR><A=20
  title=3D"http://mail.live.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"http://mail.live.com">HTTP://mail.live.com</A> to my live.ca =
account, I=20
  do receive mail there that I <BR>send from telus acct. <BR><BR>Getting =

  there!!!!<BR><BR>I won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear =
from you=20
  on this one.<BR><BR>Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary VanderMolen; thanks very =
much=20
  for help on these <BR>issues.&nbsp; I would truly be lost=20
  otherwise.&nbsp;&nbsp; I do, even at my age, try to <BR>learn as much =
as I=20
  can.<BR><BR>"...winston" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Logon to account.live.com =
for the=20
  Live.ca account..click on Mail, and send your self a message from the =
web UI=20
  to the Telus account. Sign off and close IE.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Open IE =
and=20
  logon to your telus account web interface and send a message from that =
web UI=20
  to the live.ca account, logofff and close IE.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; Repeat=20
  the logon process, one at a time and check for messages in the web UI =
of the=20
  Live and Telus accounts.<BR>&gt; Ensure a delivered message is not in =
the junk=20
  mail folder of either web UI.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you can logon in =
each web UI=20
  and send messages to each account using the web UI...your issue in WLM =
for=20
  each account is configuration related.(check your settings for =
each)<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp; - What =
is the=20
  source of those settings<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Are you using pop3 or Http =
for=20
  Live.ca ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp; - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the =

  DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your =
settings=20
  ?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
"NEEDLENOSES"=20
  &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com">news:415=
6611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account =
at all,=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; so far, including posts I send from my telus =
account=20
  myself to test.&nbsp; Was <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; hoping that I could =
still send=20
  and receive to and from the live account <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
separately, like=20
  a stand-alone account.&nbsp; Still reading; lots to learn.&nbsp; Must=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; be a way!!!!<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BD_01CAE02F.41CD0380--

0
winston
4/20/2010 6:14:50 AM
That is what I did.  Telus account stiil exists in WLM, just below the
Live.ca account.

Update; played around a bit more with some obscure settings (to me), and it
now looks like I can read & write back and forth between telus, live and now,
a third account to complicate things even more.  GMAIL!!!! Made the IMAP
changes first and I do believe, thanks to you, that all is well.

Been a long thread, but I learned a lot. Thanks.

Next projest is to do duplicate this on my Vista laptop by firstly
downloading Windows Live Mail onto laptop.

This should be the end of the Thread, and again, thanks to all.

Needlenoses!!!!!!!  (reference to Greyhounds , owner of and lover of the
breed)

"...winston" wrote:

> [...]
>   >
>   > Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
>   >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
>   >
>   >
>   > --
>   >   ...winston
>   >   ms-mvp mail
>   >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
>   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at all,
>   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  Was
>   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live account
>   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn.  Must

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAE0C5.F8325DF0

Glad to see you finally got it working.

If you removed the telus account from the web UI(Options/More =
Options/Send and Receive mail from other accounts etc)..that only =
removes the account and the ability to send and retrieve messages for =
that account
 - it does not remove any user created folders that may be visible on =
the mail.live.com home page..Those remain in the event the user wishes =
to move messages to the live.ca default or user created folders. If not =
necessary, the folder/messages can be deleted.

It should work on the laptop after installing WLM.=20
Fyi..to save yourself the efforts of setting up accounts...export the =
telus and live.ca account on the desktop to an iaf file(save to a usb =
drive) then import the file into WLM on the desktop..the accounts will =
be setup with all the settings.

Once complete, to ensure your live.ca contacts and calendar from the =
desktop are available on the laptop sign on with the same Live.ca Live =
ID.

Fyi...consider using the full installer instead of the web installer
Download.live.com
Download
Cancel
Click Try Again
Save the full file to your laptop
Double click to install.
 - uncheck anything not required!!

  That is what I did.  Telus account stiil exists in WLM, just below the =

  Live.ca account.

  Update; played around a bit more with some obscure settings (to me), =
and it=20
  now looks like I can read & write back and forth between telus, live =
and now,=20
  a third account to complicate things even more.  GMAIL!!!! Made the =
IMAP=20
  changes first and I do believe, thanks to you, that all is well.

  Been a long thread, but I learned a lot. Thanks.

  Next projest is to do duplicate this on my Vista laptop by firstly=20
  downloading Windows Live Mail onto laptop.

  This should be the end of the Thread, and again, thanks to all.

  Needlenoses!!!!!!!  (reference to Greyhounds , owner of and lover of =
the=20
  breed)

  "...winston" wrote:

> [...]
  >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to =
test.  Was=20
  >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the =
live account=20
  >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots =
to learn.  Must=20
  >   >   be a way!!!!
  >   >=20
  >   >
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAE0C5.F8325DF0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Glad to see you finally got it working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If you removed the telus account from the web =
UI(Options/More=20
Options/Send and Receive mail from other accounts etc)..that only =
removes the=20
account and&nbsp;the ability to&nbsp;send and retrieve messages =
for&nbsp;that=20
account</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;- it does not remove any user created folders =
that may=20
be visible on the mail.live.com home page..Those remain in the event the =
user=20
wishes to move messages to the live.ca default or user created folders. =
If not=20
necessary, the folder/messages can be deleted.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>It should work on the laptop after installing WLM.=20
</FONT><FONT size=3D2></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Fyi..to save yourself the efforts of setting up=20
accounts...export the telus and live.ca account on the desktop to an iaf =

file(save to a usb drive) then import the file into WLM on the =
desktop..the=20
accounts will be setup with all the settings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Once complete, to ensure your live.ca contacts and=20
calendar&nbsp;from the desktop are available on the laptop sign on with =
the same=20
Live.ca Live ID.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Fyi...consider using the full installer instead of =
the web=20
installer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Download.live.com</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Download</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Cancel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Click Try Again</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Save the full file to your laptop</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Double click to install.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;- uncheck anything not required!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp =

mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:9CEE30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:9CEE30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com">news:9CE=
E30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>That=20
  is what I did.&nbsp; Telus account stiil exists in WLM, just below the =

  <BR>Live.ca account.<BR><BR>Update; played around a bit more with some =
obscure=20
  settings (to me), and it <BR>now looks like I can read &amp; write =
back and=20
  forth between telus, live and now, <BR>a third account to complicate =
things=20
  even more.&nbsp; GMAIL!!!! Made the IMAP <BR>changes first and I do =
believe,=20
  thanks to you, that all is well.<BR><BR>Been a long thread, but I =
learned a=20
  lot. Thanks.<BR><BR>Next projest is to do duplicate this on my Vista =
laptop by=20
  firstly <BR>downloading Windows Live Mail onto laptop.<BR><BR>This =
should be=20
  the end of the Thread, and again, thanks to=20
  all.<BR><BR>Needlenoses!!!!!!!&nbsp; (reference to Greyhounds , owner =
of and=20
  lover of the <BR>breed)<BR><BR>"...winston" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; The =
suggestion=20
  was to to remove the telus account in the web UI, not WLM.<BR>&gt; =
Setup both=20
  the Live.ca and Telus account properly in WLM. <BR>&gt; Remove the =
telus=20
  account from the web UI.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ms-mvp=20
  mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:31066873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:31066873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com">news:310=
66873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  OK Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what you suggested on =
previous=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; post; removed Telus acct.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  What happened next was that I got SSL errors on my telus =
account.&nbsp; Went=20
  into <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; properties and sure enough the box was =
checked;=20
  unchecked it and solved that <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; issue.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, when I am in Windows Live page, I still see =
my=20
  live.ca acct, and Telus <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; right below it.&nbsp; All =
my=20
  telus mail now come into my telus folder only.&nbsp; I can=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; send from the Live.ca inbox to myself at telus, =
but=20
  live.ca receives nothing <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; that I send to =
it.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now here is where I once again get a bit =
confused; if I=20
  now go into <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  title=3D"http://mail.live.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"http://mail.live.com">HTTP://mail.live.com</A> to my live.ca =
account, I=20
  do receive mail there that I <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; send from telus =
acct.=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Getting there!!!!<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
  won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear from you on this=20
  one.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary =
VanderMolen;=20
  thanks very much for help on these <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; issues.&nbsp; =
I would=20
  truly be lost otherwise.&nbsp;&nbsp; I do, even at my age, try to=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; learn as much as I can.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  "...winston" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Logon to=20
  account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on Mail, and send your =
self a=20
  message from the web UI to the Telus account. Sign off and close=20
  IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Open IE and =
logon to=20
  your telus account web interface and send a message from that web UI =
to the=20
  live.ca account, logofff and close IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Repeat the logon =
process,=20
  one at a time and check for messages in the web UI of the Live and =
Telus=20
  accounts.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Ensure a delivered message is not =
in the=20
  junk mail folder of either web UI.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; If you can logon in each web UI and send =
messages to=20
  each account using the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is=20
  configuration related.(check your settings for =
each)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus=20
  ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp; - What is the source of those=20
  settings<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Are you =
using pop3=20
  or Http for Live.ca ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp; - Http is setup=20
  automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done =
manually.. If=20
  pop3 what are your settings ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ms-mvp=20
  mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com">news:415=
6611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming =
into live=20
  account at all, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; so far, =
including posts=20
  I send from my telus account myself to test.&nbsp; Was =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; hoping that I could still send and receive to and =
from the=20
  live account <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; separately, like a=20
  stand-alone account.&nbsp; Still reading; lots to learn.&nbsp; Must=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; be a way!!!!<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAE0C5.F8325DF0--

0
winston
4/21/2010 12:13:40 AM
winston,
I only get one account exporting to an iaf file, so there will be an iaf
file for each account.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>  >   >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever,
> Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
>  >   >
>  >   >
>  >   > --
>  >   >   ...winston
>  >   >   ms-mvp mail
>  >   >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
>  >   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live
> account at all,
>  >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to
> test.  Was
>  >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live
> account
>  >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to

0
Ron

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAE0D7.56646150

Since one has to select an account to export, it should be =
obvious(especially since the default name for the saved file is the =
account being exported not another account name)that only 'one' is =
exported at time.  If you name all your accounts 'Ron' then it might not =
be so clear.

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message =
  winston,
  I only get one account exporting to an iaf file, so there will be an =
iaf=20
  file for each account.
  --=20
  Ron Sommer
  MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

  "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message=20
  > Glad to see you finally got it working.
  >
  > If you removed the telus account from the web UI(Options/More =
Options/Send=20
> [...]

there=20
  > that I
  >  >   send from telus acct.
  >  >
  >  >   Getting there!!!!
  >  >
  >  >   I won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear from you on =
this=20
  > one.
  >  >
  >  >   Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary VanderMolen; thanks very much for =
help on=20
  > these
  >  >   issues.  I would truly be lost otherwise.   I do, even at my =
age, try=20
  >  >   learn as much as I can.
  >  >
  >  >   "...winston" wrote:
  >  >
  >  >   > Logon to account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on =
Mail,=20
  > and send your self a message from the web UI to the Telus account. =
Sign=20
  > off and close IE.
  >  >   >
  >  >   > Open IE and logon to your telus account web interface and =
send a=20
  > message from that web UI to the live.ca account, logofff and close =
IE.
  >  >   >
  >  >   >
  >  >   > Repeat the logon process, one at a time and check for =
messages in=20
  > the web UI of the Live and Telus accounts.
  >  >   > Ensure a delivered message is not in the junk mail folder of =
either=20
  > web UI.
  >  >   >
  >  >   > If you can logon in each web UI and send messages to each =
account=20
  > using the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is =
configuration=20
  > related.(check your settings for each)
  >  >   >
  >  >   > Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus ?
  >  >   >  - What is the source of those settings
  >  >   >
  >  >   > Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
  >  >   >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync =
sever,=20
  > Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
  >  >   >
  >  >   >
  >  >   > --=20
  >  >   >   ...winston
  >  >   >   ms-mvp mail
  >  >   >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in=20
  > message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
  >  >   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into =
live=20
  > account at all,
  >  >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself =
to=20
  > test.  Was
  >  >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the =
live=20
  > account
  >  >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; =
lots to=20
  > learn.  Must
  >  >   >   be a way!!!!
  >  >   >
  >  >   >=20

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAE0D7.56646150

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Since one has to select an account to export, it =
should be=20
obvious(especially since the default name for the saved file&nbsp;is the =
account=20
being exported not another account name)that only 'one' is exported at=20
time.&nbsp; If you name all your accounts 'Ron' then it might not be so=20
clear.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Ron Sommer" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:rsommer@nospam.ktis.net&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:rsommer@nospam.ktis.net">rsommer@nospam.ktis.net</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  title=3D"news:%23jAYwYP4KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23jAYwYP4KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:%23jAYwYP4KHA.=
1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>winston,<BR>I=20
  only get one account exporting to an iaf file, so there will be an iaf =

  <BR>file for each account.<BR>-- <BR>Ron Sommer<BR>MS MVP- Windows =
Live=20
  Mail<BR><BR>"...winston" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:winstonmvp@gmail.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:winstonmvp@gmail.com">winstonmvp@gmail.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <BR><A=20
  title=3D"news:uBSCXfO4KHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:uBSCXfO4KHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:uBSCXfO4KHA.3516=
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  Glad to see you finally got it working.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; If you removed =
the=20
  telus account from the web UI(Options/More Options/Send <BR>&gt; and =
Receive=20
  mail from other accounts etc)..that only removes the account <BR>&gt; =
and the=20
  ability to send and retrieve messages for that account<BR>&gt; - it =
does not=20
  remove any user created folders that may be visible on the <BR>&gt;=20
  mail.live.com home page..Those remain in the event the user wishes to =
move=20
  <BR>&gt; messages to the live.ca default or user created folders. If =
not=20
  necessary, <BR>&gt; the folder/messages can be =
deleted.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; It=20
  should work on the laptop after installing WLM.<BR>&gt; Fyi..to save =
yourself=20
  the efforts of setting up accounts...export the <BR>&gt; telus and =
live.ca=20
  account on the desktop to an iaf file(save to a usb <BR>&gt; drive) =
then=20
  import the file into WLM on the desktop..the accounts will be <BR>&gt; =
setup=20
  with all the settings.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Once complete, to ensure your =
live.ca=20
  contacts and calendar from the <BR>&gt; desktop are available on the =
laptop=20
  sign on with the same Live.ca Live ID.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Fyi...consider =
using=20
  the full installer instead of the web installer<BR>&gt;=20
  Download.live.com<BR>&gt; Download<BR>&gt; Cancel<BR>&gt; Click Try=20
  Again<BR>&gt; Save the full file to your laptop<BR>&gt; Double click =
to=20
  install.<BR>&gt; - uncheck anything not required!!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  "NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9CEE30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com">news:9CE=
E30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  That is what I did.&nbsp; Telus account stiil exists in WLM, just =
below=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Live.ca account.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Update; =
played around=20
  a bit more with some obscure settings (to me), and <BR>&gt; =
it<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  now looks like I can read &amp; write back and forth between telus, =
live and=20
  <BR>&gt; now,<BR>&gt;&nbsp; a third account to complicate things even=20
  more.&nbsp; GMAIL!!!! Made the IMAP<BR>&gt;&nbsp; changes first and I =
do=20
  believe, thanks to you, that all is well.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Been a =
long=20
  thread, but I learned a lot. Thanks.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; Next =
projest is to=20
  do duplicate this on my Vista laptop by firstly<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
downloading=20
  Windows Live Mail onto laptop.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; This should be =
the end of=20
  the Thread, and again, thanks to all.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  Needlenoses!!!!!!!&nbsp; (reference to Greyhounds , owner of and lover =
of=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp; breed)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; "...winston"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; The suggestion was to to remove the =
telus=20
  account in the web UI, not <BR>&gt; WLM.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; Setup both =
the=20
  Live.ca and Telus account properly in WLM.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; Remove =
the telus=20
  account from the web UI.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>&gt; message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:31066873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com">news:310=
66873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; OK Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what =
you=20
  suggested on <BR>&gt; previous<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; post; =
removed=20
  Telus acct.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; What =
happened=20
  next was that I got SSL errors on my telus account. <BR>&gt; Went=20
  into<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; properties and sure enough the box =
was=20
  checked; unchecked it and <BR>&gt; solved that<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  issue.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, when I =
am in=20
  Windows Live page, I still see my live.ca acct, and <BR>&gt;=20
  Telus<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; right below it.&nbsp; All my =
telus mail=20
  now come into my telus folder <BR>&gt; only.&nbsp; I can<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =

  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; send from the Live.ca inbox to myself at telus, but =
live.ca=20
  receives <BR>&gt; nothing<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; that I send =
to=20
  it.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now here is =
where I once=20
  again get a bit confused; if I now go into<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  href=3D"http://mail.live.com">HTTP://mail.live.com</A> to my live.ca =
account, I=20
  do receive mail there <BR>&gt; that I<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
send from=20
  telus acct.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Getting=20
  there!!!!<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I won't do =
anthing=20
  about you latest post til I hear from you on this <BR>&gt; =
one.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary =
VanderMolen;=20
  thanks very much for help on <BR>&gt; these<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  issues.&nbsp; I would truly be lost otherwise.&nbsp;&nbsp; I do, even =
at my=20
  age, try <BR>&gt; to<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; learn as much as I =

  can.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "...winston"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Logon to =

  account.live.com for the Live.ca account..click on Mail, <BR>&gt; and =
send=20
  your self a message from the web UI to the Telus account. Sign =
<BR>&gt; off=20
  and close IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Open IE and logon to your telus account web =
interface=20
  and send a <BR>&gt; message from that web UI to the live.ca account, =
logofff=20
  and close IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Repeat the =
logon=20
  process, one at a time and check for messages in <BR>&gt; the web UI =
of the=20
  Live and Telus accounts.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Ensure a=20
  delivered message is not in the junk mail folder of either <BR>&gt; =
web=20
  UI.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt; If=20
  you can logon in each web UI and send messages to each account =
<BR>&gt; using=20
  the web UI...your issue in WLM for each account is configuration =
<BR>&gt;=20
  related.(check your settings for each)<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Are you using pop3 or imap =
for Telus=20
  ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp; - What is the source of =
those=20
  settings<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp; - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync =
sever,=20
  <BR>&gt; Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings=20
  ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
"NEEDLENOSES"=20
  &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>&gt; message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com">news:415=
6611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ok; did the deletion as recommended; =
nothing=20
  coming into live <BR>&gt; account at all,<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; so far, including posts I send from my telus account =
myself=20
  to <BR>&gt; test.&nbsp; Was<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live =
<BR>&gt;=20
  account<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; separately, =
like a=20
  stand-alone account.&nbsp; Still reading; lots to <BR>&gt; =
learn.&nbsp;=20
  Must<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; be a=20
  way!!!!<BR>&gt;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAE0D7.56646150--

0
winston
4/21/2010 2:18:00 AM
Laptop install and settup with WLM went just fine. Went in after the fact and
just signed in rather than try to set up the account again.  Only issue was I
somehow ended up with duplicate contacts on both machines.  didn't import
anything, so it is a mystery.  Cleaned it up ok.

Did this prior to getting your last post.  didn't have to import or export
anything so far; running them side by side to crosscheck.

Thanks again.

Next, can you help me with the stock
market............................................

"...winston" wrote:

> [...]
>   >   >
>   >   > Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
>   >   >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
>   >   >
>   >   >
>   >   > --
>   >   >   ...winston
>   >   >   ms-mvp mail
>   >   >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
>   >   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at all,
>   >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  Was
>   >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live account
>   >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn.  Must

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CAE101.DACC9D20

Sign in WLM only provides access to Windows Live services(Contacts and =
Calendar) it does not create the email account(s).

  Laptop install and settup with WLM went just fine. Went in after the =
fact and=20
  just signed in rather than try to set up the account again.  Only =
issue was I=20
  somehow ended up with duplicate contacts on both machines.  didn't =
import=20
  anything, so it is a mystery.  Cleaned it up ok. =20

  Did this prior to getting your last post.  didn't have to import or =
export=20
  anything so far; running them side by side to crosscheck.

  Thanks again.

  Next, can you help me with the stock=20
  market............................................

wrote in message =
  >   >   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into =
live account at all,=20
  >   >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account =
myself to test.  Was=20
  >   >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the =
live account=20
  >   >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; =
lots to learn.  Must=20
  >   >   >   be a way!!!!
  >   >   >=20
  >   >   >
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CAE101.DACC9D20

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sign in WLM only provides access to Windows Live=20
services(Contacts and Calendar) it does not create the email=20
account(s).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com">NEEDLENOSES@discuss=
ions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:B737CCB0-2F23-4170-B8B3-5137F5F3CAC1@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:B737CCB0-2F23-4170-B8B3-5137F5F3CAC1@microsoft.com">news:B73=
7CCB0-2F23-4170-B8B3-5137F5F3CAC1@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Laptop=20
  install and settup with WLM went just fine. Went in after the fact and =

  <BR>just signed in rather than try to set up the account again.&nbsp; =
Only=20
  issue was I <BR>somehow ended up with duplicate contacts on both=20
  machines.&nbsp; didn't import <BR>anything, so it is a mystery.&nbsp; =
Cleaned=20
  it up ok.&nbsp; <BR><BR>Did this prior to getting your last =
post.&nbsp; didn't=20
  have to import or export <BR>anything so far; running them side by =
side to=20
  crosscheck.<BR><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR><BR>Next, can you help me with =
the=20
  stock=20
  =
<BR>market............................................<BR><BR>"...winston=
"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Glad to see you finally got it working.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt; If=20
  you removed the telus account from the web UI(Options/More =
Options/Send and=20
  Receive mail from other accounts etc)..that only removes the account =
and the=20
  ability to send and retrieve messages for that account<BR>&gt;&nbsp; - =
it does=20
  not remove any user created folders that may be visible on the =
mail.live.com=20
  home page..Those remain in the event the user wishes to move messages =
to the=20
  live.ca default or user created folders. If not necessary, the =
folder/messages=20
  can be deleted.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; It should work on the laptop after =
installing=20
  WLM. <BR>&gt; Fyi..to save yourself the efforts of setting up=20
  accounts...export the telus and live.ca account on the desktop to an =
iaf=20
  file(save to a usb drive) then import the file into WLM on the =
desktop..the=20
  accounts will be setup with all the settings.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Once =
complete,=20
  to ensure your live.ca contacts and calendar from the desktop are =
available on=20
  the laptop sign on with the same Live.ca Live ID.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  Fyi...consider using the full installer instead of the web =
installer<BR>&gt;=20
  Download.live.com<BR>&gt; Download<BR>&gt; Cancel<BR>&gt; Click Try=20
  Again<BR>&gt; Save the full file to your laptop<BR>&gt; Double click =
to=20
  install.<BR>&gt;&nbsp; - uncheck anything not required!!<BR>&gt; =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9CEE30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com">news:9CE=
E30D4-F171-4916-B7EB-4EB403AF6D40@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  That is what I did.&nbsp; Telus account stiil exists in WLM, just =
below the=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Live.ca account.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Update;=20
  played around a bit more with some obscure settings (to me), and it=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; now looks like I can read &amp; write back and =
forth=20
  between telus, live and now, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; a third account to=20
  complicate things even more.&nbsp; GMAIL!!!! Made the IMAP=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; changes first and I do believe, thanks to you, =
that all=20
  is well.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Been a long thread, but I =
learned a lot.=20
  Thanks.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Next projest is to do duplicate =
this on=20
  my Vista laptop by firstly <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; downloading Windows =
Live Mail=20
  onto laptop.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; This should be the end of =
the=20
  Thread, and again, thanks to all.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Needlenoses!!!!!!!&nbsp; (reference to Greyhounds , owner of and lover =
of the=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; breed)<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "...winston"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; The suggestion was to to =
remove the=20
  telus account in the web UI, not WLM.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Setup =
both the=20
  Live.ca and Telus account properly in WLM. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
Remove=20
  the telus account from the web UI.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
....winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ms-mvp mail<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  "NEEDLENOSES" &lt;<A=20
  =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:31066873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com">news:310=
66873-D2EE-4422-83DB-A132986BF92D@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; OK Winston; sorry for delay; busy weekend; did what =
you=20
  suggested on previous <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; post; =
removed=20
  Telus acct.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  What happened next was that I got SSL errors on my telus =
account.&nbsp; Went=20
  into <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; properties and sure enough =
the box=20
  was checked; unchecked it and solved that <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; issue.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Now, when I am in Windows Live page, I still see my =
live.ca=20
  acct, and Telus <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; right below =
it.&nbsp;=20
  All my telus mail now come into my telus folder only.&nbsp; I can=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; send from the Live.ca inbox to =
myself at=20
  telus, but live.ca receives nothing <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; that=20
  I send to it.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Now here is where I once again get a bit confused; if I now go into=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  href=3D"http://mail.live.com">HTTP://mail.live.com</A> to my live.ca =
account, I=20
  do receive mail there that I <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
send from=20
  telus acct. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Getting there!!!!<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I won't do anthing about you latest post til I hear =
from you=20
  on this one.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  Winston, Ron Sommer, Gary VanderMolen; thanks very much for help on =
these=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; issues.&nbsp; I would truly be =
lost=20
  otherwise.&nbsp;&nbsp; I do, even at my age, try to =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; learn as much as I can.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "...winston" =
wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Logon to =
account.live.com for=20
  the Live.ca account..click on Mail, and send your self a message from =
the web=20
  UI to the Telus account. Sign off and close IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Open =
IE and=20
  logon to your telus account web interface and send a message from that =
web UI=20
  to the live.ca account, logofff and close IE.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Repeat the logon process, =
one at a=20
  time and check for messages in the web UI of the Live and Telus=20
  accounts.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Ensure a delivered =
message=20
  is not in the junk mail folder of either web UI.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; If =
you can=20
  logon in each web UI and send messages to each account using the web =
UI...your=20
  issue in WLM for each account is configuration related.(check your =
settings=20
  for each)<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Are you using pop3 or imap for Telus=20
  ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp; - What is the source =
of=20
  those settings<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca=20
  ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp; - Http is setup=20
  automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done =
manually.. If=20
  pop3 what are your settings ?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com">news:415=
6611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Ok; did the deletion as recommended; =
nothing=20
  coming into live account at all, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; so far, including posts I send from my telus account =
myself=20
  to test.&nbsp; Was <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live =
account=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; separately, =
like a=20
  stand-alone account.&nbsp; Still reading; lots to learn.&nbsp; Must=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; be a=20
  way!!!!<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CAE101.DACC9D20--

0
winston
4/21/2010 7:22:21 AM
True; had to recreate accounts on laptop.

"...winston" wrote:

> [...]
>   >   >   > Are you using pop3 or Http for Live.ca ?
>   >   >   >  - Http is setup automatically in WLM using the DeltaSync sever, Pop3 is done manually.. If pop3 what are your settings ?
>   >   >   >
>   >   >   >
>   >   >   > --
>   >   >   >   ...winston
>   >   >   >   ms-mvp mail
>   >   >   >   "NEEDLENOSES" <NEEDLENOSES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4156611C-2A6A-44BF-9DDC-D1EA8F059014@microsoft.com...
>   >   >   >   Ok; did the deletion as recommended; nothing coming into live account at all,
>   >   >   >   so far, including posts I send from my telus account myself to test.  Was
>   >   >   >   hoping that I could still send and receive to and from the live account
>   >   >   >   separately, like a stand-alone account.  Still reading; lots to learn.  Must
It may have been address, but I have a smimular problem and can not make
sense of this stream of responses.  I have Win Live Mail 2009 14.0.8 w/ a
roadrunner account and a hotmail account. In the "All Inbox", all my
roadrunner incoming mail also goes to my hotmail account w/ the same time
stamp.  Under WLM, Tools, Options, I have these two accounts.  If under the
Properies of either, I uncheck the box "Include this account when receiving
mail or synchronizing", I don't get any further mail into that account.  How
do I stop roadrunner incoming mail from also going into my hotmail?

"NEEDLENOSES" wrote:

> Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!!
>
> New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  Install went
> remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided
> to become one with Windows Live Mail.  Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and
> entered a second existing account @telus.net.  I made sure that the telus.net
> account was set as default; then the mail started coming in.  I will get 10
> to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked
> propertys of them all).  Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account,
> then into both accounts.  Can't figure out any solid pattern.  I even deleted
> live.ca account for two days; decided to go back into it for a look, and it
> was still operational and had 68 e-mails that I did not know existed.  Need
> help on this one.  A few people did get e-mail from me from the live account
> ( my fault for not picking the account I was sending from.)  Had them remove
> it from their list.

how can i set up my hotmail account
I add my email account to the outlook but when it tries to connect a box keeps apearing and i can not log in.? what am i doing wrong...? help!! thx Hi , your Outlook version is? Have a look on this site : "How to configure Outlook to work with Hotmail" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287424/en-us Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Microsoft Office Outlook 2002 Standard Edition Maybe it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncTool http:...

Exchange and Server 2003. AD stopped creating exchange accounts
Exchange and Server 2003. AD stopped creating exchange accounts even with "create exchange email account selected" it reconized the exchnage store "server". I miss 5.5 where i could still go and manually create the email account and associate the NT account. HELP! what should I check! I would start by checking the event logs... "Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F94D728E-0D80-42F9-AF74-30E6CD533F99@microsoft.com... > Exchange and Server 2003. AD stopped creating exchange accounts even with > "create exchange em...

Account Modifier/Combiner
Has anybody used Account Modifier/Combiner with GP version 7.5. Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of before I purchase this product? How user friendly is it to use? How fast is it to use? Yes, i have used it and it is pretty easy to use. It has been around for some time now so I expect the bgs were worked out long ago. It is a fairly simple product - it does very few things so there is not much that can go wrong. Anyway, it does what you want it to do. HS "Penny H" <Penny H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D45E3F73-B212-40E5-A54F-5E7CA45FDBD7@micr...

WLM Beta Bug
I'm using the Beta version of Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't know where to send feedback for it so I'll mention the problem I've seen here and maybe someone knows about it or can provide the link for feedback. I start off in my email accounts folder and use the icons at the bottom of the folder view pane to then move to my RSS Feeds and finally my newsgroups. More often than not after finishing in the newsgroups I then click the icon to go back to my email accounts and it's just an empty folder view, there are no accounts listed or any...

Budgeting for a loss in Project Accounting
I'm kind of new to PA. Is it possible to setup a project budget that reflects a loss? In a fixed price project, it seems that the Project Amount is based on the cost of the budgeted items plus fees. I have a project to setup that I know will be a money-loser. How do I reflect that in the budget? Thanks in advance, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Hey Frank-- If you can give me a bit more background on how the project is being billed (is it a flat fee overall, or is it calculated off of cost), it might be ...

CRM 3.0
There were several threads and it was quite a big issue for version 1.2 about being able to reassign the owner of an account and not have a cascading effect on all related records (ie, opportunities, contacts). There was also a thread where an MBS developer was soliciting input on how it should work in 3.0. It was supposed to have an option when you change the owner of an account, it doesn't change the owner on all related objects. That way you don't lose your history or if several people are working the same account, they don't lose ownership of their individual opportuni...

E-mails are not being delivered to hotmail accounts
Hello, My name is Leandro Segura and i work at Lincoln, The international School of Buenos Aires. We are having this problem for the last two or three weeks. E-mails are not being delivered, but they move out of our server, and no bounce back messages come back. i'm sure hotmail is blocking my domain (@lincoln.edu.ar) but i can't understand why, we are a school and we need to e-mail parents with hotmails accounts. Please help!!! Leandro Segura;118355 Wrote: > Hello, My name is Leandro Segura and i work at Lincoln, The > international > School of Buenos Aires...

Account register report #2
How can I generate a register report that looks just like my paper check register? In Quicken, there is a button for register report, but I can't figure out how to get Money 2004 to print this report. In microsoft.public.money, Janet wrote: >How can I generate a register report that looks just like my paper check >register? In Quicken, there is a button for register report, but I can't >figure out how to get Money 2004 to print this report. See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 helps. It is not specifically for Money 2004, but it still...

Cell Format for Account Numbers
I am tracking expenses for different credit card and bank accounts in an Excel workbook. Everything works just fine except that whenever I enter a 16 digit account number in a cell formatted for Number Category with 0 decimal places, the last digit changes to "0". The General Number Category results in some sort of scientific notation. For example, "3.56121E+15". I am not sure what to specify for the Custom Category if I were to use that. I know I can enter the text in the cells beginning with a ' to force it to display the exact text, but I would like to avoid t...

Money still downloading Closed account online information
I have an account (duplicate) marked as 'closed' in Money 2006. However, money is still downloading the online account updates from fidelity. Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Thanks ...

Foward mail to an external email account
Hi Guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction, on how to configure an exchange 2003 mailbox to forward a copy of all emails that are received, back out to another third party mail account (ie hotmail). Thanks in advance Dan Create a dummy user, add smtp address that equals the hotmail address. and forward to dummy user. "Dan the man" <Dantheman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1FCDB88-1213-45D7-9B23-0E1640D86C1D@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys, > > Can anyone point me in the right direction, on how to configure an > exchange > 2003 ma...

GP 9.0 Accounts Payable
Hello, We are on GP 9.0 and we use Safe Pay to transfer our checks to the bank. Question - why are some of my voided checks showing no GL Acct distribution and has no posting date? I verified my vendor card which does have a default GL account and my posting settup also have a default positng account setup. Please advise. If the check was raised with the invoice, the GL accounts would have be showing on the invoices distribution. So if you void the check, the voiding (reversing) GL accounts will show against the invoice. ------ Robert "Cuong" <Cuong@discussions.micr...

Report showing Cases by Account
Does anyone happen to know where I could find a report for our service department that would give us Cases by Account? Thanks, James what about the case summary by customer report? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "James Brouhard" <JamesBrouhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DA20AA4-7071-452B-9004-785421AF21D7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone happen to know where I could find a report for our service > department that would give us Cases by Account? > > Thanks, > James ...

Sending emails from wrong account in multiple account setup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have 4 email accounts (all POP) coming into my Entourage client, relating to different business activities. Although I tend to check the From Account to ensure that the message that I am composing and sending is from the right email address, there are some times that I send from the wrong account. <br><br>Is there a way to disable the default account, or set up Entourage to ask which email account this message should be sent from? jeffhendrikse@officeformac.com wrote: > ...

Account Positions Incorrect
I'm having a problem reconciling positions in Money 2002 with statements I download from my broker. Specifically, when I look in my portfolio in Money, I see I have 40 shares of, for example, Ruby Tuesday. But when I download a statement from my broker, the ensuing wizard tells me my account quantity is actually 70 and advises I remove 30 shares. If I do this, Money enters a "Remove Shares" transaction for 30 shares. So when I go back to my portfolio, my position shows up as 10. But the wizard for importing account statements thinks it's 40 because it doesn't bug m...

Outlook 2003 not sending emails for one account #2
Hi All, I have two accounts setup under outlook 2003 which i just started using on a brand new dell computer. My sbcglobal Home account works fine but Work account will not send emails. I receive this error message: "Task 'Work - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).', "when trying to check my email. Also, if I use the test settings buttons under the account setup screen, I ge...

Importing Chart of Accounts
Hi, I have created a new company. I got Char of Account from accounts department in a excel sheet. What will be the way to upload COA into GP? Thanks, Sri Sri, You will need to use Integration Manager to upload your accounts, check printable manuals on how to use IM. Let me know if you need any more help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Sri" wrote: > Hi, > > I have created a new company....

Custom POS button for second (gift) receipt
When we complete a sale, our system prints a default 40 column receipt to our "printer 1" (an opos thermal printer). Can I create a custom POS button so the cashier can generate a second receipt "gift receipt" to an 8.5x11 windows printer. I would like to maintain "optional" print, as most transactions won't require this second receipt. If this is possible, I will then design my own print template, and will be able to generate a "gift wrapping form" for my customer to complete, with all of the items already on the form. ...

Creating a New account
Hi I configured a new email account for outlook, I already had 2 accounts configured in the Outlook , today I added a new account, but the mails which were sent to the new account are going to the Inbox of already existing account, I need to create a Shortcut for new account too.Please help me in solving this problem Thank Sam Sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I configured a new email account for outlook, I already had 2 > accounts configured in the Outlook , today I added a new account, but > the mails which were sent to the new account are going to the Inb...

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Function
Hello, Can I use the ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs function and include the user account to save the file as? For example, I want to save the file to a directory where the user running the macro only has read only access. This is why I want to specify the account to use (which has full access), to save the file successfully. i..e. ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs User: Domain\Name Password: xxxxxxx Is there a way this can be done? Thanks, Brett If what you want is to merely determine who last edited the file, you can examine the file properties for that. On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 04:06:02 -0...

How to increase the maximum account length value?
I want to add a sample company TWO into my Great Plains, however; I found that the maximum account length value is "8", and the length of segments are 4-2-2. Therefore I cannot add TWO into GP. In order to add TWO, the segments must be 3-4-2. Is there anyway to increase the maximum account length? Thanks! You would need Reformatter from Crporate Renaissance Group "Kane" <Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0BDBDEC-67FD-4C61-8924-3ABF998E2821@microsoft.com... >I want to add a sample company TWO into my Great Plains, however; I found >...

Redirecting emails to another email account
Hi, Hi Aaron, I wanted to move emails from a specific email address to another email account. One of our users are receiving threatening emails. I want to move the emails from a certian sender to another account (keep as evidence) I have managed to create a rule in Outlook to forward the email from a specific external email account and then permintenly delete the original email. Can this be achieved at server level rather then ceate a rule in Outlook? PL3 There are two kinds of rules; server side and client side. Both are created through Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

User created second Issues log on project workspace causing WSS Sync error
Looks like they created a Issues Log (w/ different name) from an Issues template. The error message in the queue says something to the effect that you cannot have more than 1 SP list of the same template type. I checked their project workspace and sure enough, there was another Issues Log FOR POST-PROJECT SUPPORT. We all know that projects start and end. But this is a very good question though. Once you are live, how do you best track post- implementation issues? Use something other than the project workspace entirely, allowing the project to "end" - perhaps a team-...

Online account setup
I have accounts with Putnam Investments and Sharebuilder.com. Both of which can synchronize data with MSN Money on the web. Neither of which can synchronize data with my desktop version of Microsoft Money 2004. Money 2004 just says that these bank are not included in it's database, so I can't figure out how it works at the website, but not from my desktop. I keep trying to get updates to my desktop version of Money to see if there is a patch which includes new financial institutions, but they just never seem to come through. ...

Default Email Account (outlook 2003)
My outlook 2003 is currently set up to have a microsoft exchange account and a pop3 account. The exchange account is used for the shared tasks, internal email (within office), shared calendars/contacts and so on. The POP3 account is our actual external email account which is used to send/receive with people outside of our office. The Microsoft exchange account is highlighted as 'default' however we would prefer that the POP3 account be default (much easier in order to send external messages). If I go into my email accounts settings and select POP3 and assign it default it will...