WLM sending problem

I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook running
Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other account
(my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is
0x800CCC0D.
The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
That same server works for my email.
Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
Secure (SSL) No;
Socket error 11003.

TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to this,
I apologise.

Don Eagle

0
Donald

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAE0C6.8D00D970

Is the first account an alias of the second ?  I.e..all mail originates =
from the same inbox on the web server ?

Does 'your' account use SSL =3D Yes ?

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message =
  I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook =
running=20
  Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other =
account=20
  (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is=20
  0x800CCC0D.
  The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
  That same server works for my email.
  Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
  Secure (SSL) No;
  Socket error 11003.

  TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to =
this,=20
  I apologise.

  Don Eagle=20

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAE0C6.8D00D970

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Is the first account an alias of the second ?&nbsp; =
I.e..all=20
mail originates from the same inbox on the web server ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does 'your' account use SSL =3D Yes ?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Donald Eagle" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:aguila@ultrasw.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:aguila@ultrasw.com">aguila@ultrasw.com</A>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
  <A=20
  title=3D"news:e3rjpLO4KHA.4416@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl&#10;CTRL + Click =
to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:e3rjpLO4KHA.4416@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:e3rjpLO4KHA.4416=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook =
running=20
  <BR>Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.&nbsp; =
The other=20
  account <BR>(my wife's) receives fine but will not send.&nbsp; The =
error=20
  message ID is <BR>0x800CCC0D.<BR>The server is <A=20
  title=3D"mailto:smtp@ultrasw.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:smtp@ultrasw.com">smtp@ultrasw.com</A>.<BR>That same =
server works=20
  for my email.<BR>Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;<BR>Secure (SSL) =
No;<BR>Socket=20
  error 11003.<BR><BR>TIA for any help you can give.&nbsp; If I have =
missed a=20
  posted solution to this, <BR>I apologise.<BR><BR>Don Eagle=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAE0C6.8D00D970--

0
winston
4/21/2010 12:17:50 AM
Is ultrasw.com also your wife's ISP?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message
> I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook
> running Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The
> other account (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error
> message ID is 0x800CCC0D.
> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
> That same server works for my email.
> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
> Secure (SSL) No;
> Socket error 11003.
>
> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to
> this, I apologise.
>
> Don Eagle

0
Ron
4/21/2010 1:42:25 AM
Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here.

As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message =
>I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook =
running=20
> Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other =
account=20
> (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is=20
> 0x800CCC0D.
> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
> That same server works for my email.
> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
> Secure (SSL) No;
> Socket error 11003.
>=20
> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to =
this,=20
> I apologise.
>=20
> Don Eagle=20

0
Gary
4/21/2010 1:55:27 AM
My account does not set SSL=yes
Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a different
server and got:

The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.
Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11003

I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.

As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account and
hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  Why
should mine work and hers fail?
How can I fix it.
Thanks for the help.
Don Eagle

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error message,
> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>
> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message
>>I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook
>>running
>> Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other
>> account
>> (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is
>> 0x800CCC0D.
>> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
>> That same server works for my email.
>> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
>> Secure (SSL) No;
>> Socket error 11003.
>>
>> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to
>> this,
>> I apologise.
>>
>> Don Eagle

0
Donald

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAE103.698DE9A0

Are you certain that is the correct server ?

http://www.answersthatwork.com/ISP_pages/isp_ultraSW.htm

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  "Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message =
  My account does not set SSL=3Dyes
  Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
  You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a =
different=20
  server and got:

  The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you =
have=20
  entered the server name correctly.
  Subject 'test'
  Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
  Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
  Protocol: SMTP
  Port: 25
  Secure(SSL): No
  Socket Error: 11003

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAE103.698DE9A0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Are you certain that is the correct server =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
title=3D"http://www.answersthatwork.com/ISP_pages/isp_ultraSW.htm&#10;CTR=
L + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.answersthatwork.com/ISP_pages/isp_ultraSW.htm">http://=
www.answersthatwork.com/ISP_pages/isp_ultraSW.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Donald Eagle" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:aguila@neplusultrasw.com&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:aguila@neplusultrasw.com">aguila@neplusultrasw.com</A>&gt;=
 wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:hqluai$qf8$1@news.eternal-september.org">news:hqluai$qf8$1@n=
ews.eternal-september.org</A>...</DIV>My=20
  account does not set SSL=3Dyes<BR>Ultrasw.com is also my wife's =
ISP<BR>You are=20
  correct, Gary.&nbsp; I did it again, sending to myself on a different=20
  <BR>server and got:<BR><BR>The host <A=20
  href=3D"mailto:'smtp@ultrasw.com'">'smtp@ultrasw.com'</A> could not be =
found.=20
  Please verify that you have <BR>entered the server name =
correctly.<BR>Subject=20
  'test'<BR>Server: <A=20
  title=3D"mailto:'smtp@ultrasw.com'&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:'smtp@ultrasw.com'">'smtp@ultrasw.com'</A><BR>Windows =
Live Mail=20
  Error ID: 0x800CCC0D<BR>Protocol: SMTP<BR>Port: 25<BR>Secure(SSL):=20
  No<BR>Socket Error: 11003<BR><BR>I </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0032_01CAE103.698DE9A0--

0
winston
4/21/2010 7:33:30 AM
That isn't a server name - it's an e-mail address. Try again with a period (.) instead of the @ symbol.
--
Noel

"Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message news:hqluai$qf8$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> My account does not set SSL=yes
> Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
> You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a different
> server and got:
>
> The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have
> entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 11003
>
> I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.
>
> As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account and
> hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  Why
> should mine work and hers fail?
> How can I fix it.
> Thanks for the help.
> Don Eagle
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
>> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error message,
>> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>
>> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message
>>>I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook
>>>running
>>> Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other
>>> account
>>> (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is
>>> 0x800CCC0D.
>>> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
>>> That same server works for my email.
>>> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
>>> Secure (SSL) No;
>>> Socket error 11003.
>>>
>>> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to
>>> this,
>>> I apologise.
>>>
>>> Don Eagle

0
Ildhund
4/21/2010 11:07:24 AM
Yes, the @ sign was the problem.  Why I did not notice I had used that
instead of a period, I do not know.  I guess it was just a senior moment.
Thanks for pointing that out, Noel.

Winston, the ultrasw is correct.  The actual ISP is Dakotacom.net, but when
they took over Ultrasw, those of us who had ultrasw addresses were allowed
to keep them.

Thanks to all who replied.

Don

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> That isn't a server name - it's an e-mail address. Try again with a period
> (.) instead of the @ symbol. --
> Noel
>
> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message
>> My account does not set SSL=yes
>> Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
>> You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a different
>> server and got:
>>
>> The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
>> have entered the server name correctly.
>> Subject 'test'
>> Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): No
>> Socket Error: 11003
>>
>> I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.
>>
>> As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account and
>> hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  Why
>> should mine work and hers fail?
>> How can I fix it.
>> Thanks for the help.
>> Don Eagle
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
>>> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error message,
>>> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>>
>>> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message

0
Donald
4/21/2010 5:48:53 PM
Did you not catch what I wrote? The server name is invalid.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message =
> My account does not set SSL=3Dyes
> Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
> You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a =
different=20
> server and got:
>=20
> The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you =
have=20
> entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 11003
>=20
> I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.
>=20
> As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account =
and=20
> hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  Why =

> should mine work and hers fail?
> How can I fix it.
> Thanks for the help.
> Don Eagle
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
>> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error =
message,
>> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>
>> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message=20
>>>I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook=20
>>>running
>>> Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other =

>>> account
>>> (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID =
is
>>> 0x800CCC0D.
>>> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
>>> That same server works for my email.
>>> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
>>> Secure (SSL) No;
>>> Socket error 11003.
>>>
>>> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution =
to=20
>>> this,
>>> I apologise.
>>>
>>> Don Eagle
>>>
>=20
>=20

0
Gary
4/21/2010 7:38:21 PM
Yes, Gary, I did.  I said in an earlier reply that you were correct, but the
error did not register with me until I read Noel's reply.
Thanks for your help.
Don.

Did you not catch what I wrote? The server name is invalid.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message
> My account does not set SSL=yes
> Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
> You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a different
> server and got:
>
> The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have
> entered the server name correctly.
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 11003
>
> I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.
>
> As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account and
> hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  Why
> should mine work and hers fail?
> How can I fix it.
> Thanks for the help.
> Don Eagle
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
>> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error message,
>> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>
>> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message
>>>I have set up 2 email accounts on Windows Live Mail on a new netbook
>>>running
>>> Windows 7 Starter. The default account (mine) works fine.  The other
>>> account
>>> (my wife's) receives fine but will not send.  The error message ID is
>>> 0x800CCC0D.
>>> The server is smtp@ultrasw.com.
>>> That same server works for my email.
>>> Protocol is SMTP; Port 25;
>>> Secure (SSL) No;
>>> Socket error 11003.
>>>
>>> TIA for any help you can give.  If I have missed a posted solution to
>>> this,
>>> I apologise.
>>>
>>> Don Eagle

0
Donald
4/21/2010 8:23:37 PM
 You're very welcome, Don.

> Yes, Gary, I did.  I said in an earlier reply that you were correct, =
but the=20
> error did not register with me until I read Noel's reply.
> Thanks for your help.
> Don.
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
> Did you not catch what I wrote? The server name is invalid.
>=20
> --=20
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>=20
>=20
> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@neplusultrasw.com> wrote in message=20
>> My account does not set SSL=3Dyes
>> Ultrasw.com is also my wife's ISP
>> You are correct, Gary.  I did it again, sending to myself on a =
different
>> server and got:
>>
>> The host 'smtp@ultrasw.com' could not be found. Please verify that =
you=20
>> have
>> entered the server name correctly.
>> Subject 'test'
>> Server: 'smtp@ultrasw.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): No
>> Socket Error: 11003
>>
>> I paraphrased the first time because I posted from my desktop.
>>
>> As near as  can tell by looking at the account properties, my account =
and
>> hers have identical properties except for user name and password.  =
Why
>> should mine work and hers fail?
>> How can I fix it.
>> Thanks for the help.
>> Don Eagle
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Looks like you paraphrased the error message. For accurate analysis
>>> we would need to see an exact copy.  Right-click on your error =
message,
>>> copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>>>
>>> As a first go-around, the server name is invalid.
>>>
>>> --=20
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Donald Eagle" <aguila@ultrasw.com> wrote in message

>>=20

0
Gary

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

Sending/Receiving #2
I just installed Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 on my computer and trying to set up Outlook. When I tested the settings, it said everything was fine. Yet, when I hit send/receive, I get the message, "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." I don't understand this and tried looking at the microsoft website and find nothing about this. When I tried to send an individual email, it says that it failed because I didn't have enough memory. When I ran a memory diagnostics test, it said everything was fine. I have been running Windows Mail on the computer...

offline sync problem
Yesterday I had a customer's 8 register system lose internet connectivity, so all the registers went off-line. They are using RMS 1.2 SR3 on a SBS Professional 2003 Server with XP SP2 registers. When internet connectivity was restored today, all but one of the registers sync'd. On the register that did not, the last transaction in the batch was at about 7:40pm yesterday. No transactions were recorded after that time. I manually took the register off-line today and could not find any batch or blind-closed batch with any transactions after 7:40pm. I also checked, via MS Acce...

Problem with Table Column Not Expanding
I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge of the column. It appears that Word 2007 is not actually extending the table as it should but stops right at the page break. On the Table tab of Table properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%23IRfeJbgKHA.5564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

problem with header rule...
i seems to have a problem with only one rule type.. i have a rule that says to permanently delete any mail which contains certain words in the header.. i also have the same basic one for words in senders and recipients names... but on those rules i have no problems with it just checkin the perm. delete only, but on the header rule it turns on the stop processing more rules checkbox automatically if i have the perm. delete on... i dont want the stop one on.. just the perm delete... for now i just moved this rule to last place so it is the last one to process anything ayways, but i wou...

Problem when trying to make initially invisible a dialog base app
Hi all.. I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that icon, I want the dialog to be invisible at startup. I tried it by using SetWindowPos(........., SWP_HIDEWINDOW) and ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) API's in OnInitDialog method but always the dialog is shown. What can I do? Thanks Jaime > > I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. > Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that > icon, I want the dialog to be inv...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

calender problems
By mistake I imported(old Schedule plus import) another user's calender into my outlook (I meant to just look at his calender). Now, of course, "people" (I still have this in testing mode) so no big deal, yet) think they are looking at my calender instead of his. How can I fix this? Also, his admin assistant has to view his calender, however, she has to use another Exchange server and you can't use two Exchange servers. Since I screwed up the import, viewing her boss's calender(in OWA) is impossible. Please advise. "amyb" <amy@npsg.ncifcrf.gov> wr...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

can't send/receive #3
Outlook 2003 I keep getting an error Operation Failed. An object couldn't be found (0x8004010F) How do I fix it? ...

Problems with CString (Conversion from VC6 to VC2005)
Hi all, I have converted a project from VC6.0 to VC2005 (MFC). Now I have a compiling problem. Following error: error C2079: 'myString' uses undefined class 'CString'. CString should now be a template in place of a class. By another project theres is a forward declaration of 'class CString'. I get the following message: error C2371: 'CString' : redefinition; different basic types Thats an indication for the template, but what do I have to do to compile my project again. Regards, Matthias looks like a header file path issue. It seems that when you compi...

"undeliverable" error when sending from distribution group
Hi guys! I'm running Exchange 2003 server. Here's the problem: I have a user "A" who is a member of a distribution group called "B". The user can receive all e-mails addresed to the group "B" but when he tries to send e-mail on behalf of that group he receives e-mail stating "You do not have permission to send to this recipient". I've checked security permissions on the group "B" - user "A" has full control over it. What can be done to resolve this problem? Thanks! Hi Igors, only "Send As" permission is...

Address space problems on IMC ( Exchange 5.5 )
We have several IMC's but we want emails from certain outside domains to use a particular IMC, and not all of them, but have this IMC only process emails for this domain ( it sends it all to a smart host ).... We have configured address space on all IMC for this outside domain, have set the cost higher on all IMCs beside the preferred one, but it still seems to only use the * address space. If we set the cost higher for the * address space on that particular IMC, all emails for all domains including one listed in the address space goes trough other IMC's... If we set the * addr...

XmlDocument xsi: Problem
I've been looking through MSDN, books and googling for a couple hours but haven't found the solution yet. I'm using CSharp in VS .NET 2003. I'm trying to use XmlDocument to save XML files that are valid to a schema I've developed. I want the root element to look like this: <TestCase xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="TestCaseSchema_03.xsd"> I've tried several variations of XmlElement.SetAttribute() and " XmlAttribute att = [XmlDocument].CreateAttribute() " The closest I'...

Cannot Send of Receive
How dinfo?o I find our my smtp & pop3 "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:u3Zl2MF8KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How dinfo?o I find our my smtp & pop3 Follow the settings described here http://vermontel.com/setup-outlook-express They are for Outlook Express, but Windows Mail uses the same settings. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx ...

Send as group
Hello there, Can anybody tell me how to allow a user to Send As a security/distribution group? After this action the user should be able to use the From-field in Outlook an put in the group name, like support@domain.com. This way any replies will return to the group, not the individual user. PLEASE HELP ME OUT! BTW - Exchange 2000, W2K AD. Thanx in advance! Jakob ...

hook keyboard and send as other keyvalue
hi, i have a problem to deal with global keyboard hooking . my application has to deal with a special keyboard, whitch asking that when press Shilft + A, it actually come out "#", Shift + B , it comes out "&".. and when shift is not pressed, the A is still A. i can not come out with the functionality no matter what.. i have to use global keyboard hooking since it is for the whole application LRESULT CALLBACK keyProc(int nCode,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT hook = (PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT)lParam; ??????? return CallNextHookEx(gHook, nCode, wPa...

I have noticed that I am sending emails to everyone in my contact.
Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email address by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is being sent contains different links. I have scanned my computer and my virus protection is okay. "Brandy Lynn" <Brandy Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D105071-3F7D-4D35-B69C-7971321619CC@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to stop emails that are being sent from my email > address > by an unknown user? This has happened a few times now and the email that is > being sent ...

Missing SEND button, part 3
I'm starting to think I have a defective Outlook 2003... I'm missing my SEND button in Outlook 2003, and everyone tells me to simply call up the STANDARD toolbar. I do that, but there's still no SEND button, nor a SEND/RECEIVE button, so I can't even retrieve my e:mail. I go to the CUSTOMIZE TOOLBAR setting, but the SEND option is nowhere to be found. Okay - I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't figure out why the heck it doesn't show up. I've also tried going through and having the CD "repair" my version of Outlook, but the "repair&...

Outlook 2000 Backup Add-In Problem
I'm having trouble with the Outlook 2000 Backup Add-In.. On clicking File/Backup and exiting Outlook I get "Cannot copy Outlook. Access is denied, the source file may be in use." I've done searches on Google and eliminated every possible process that might possibly have a hold on Outlook.. Namely the Nokia connection manager which syncs a Phone w/Outlook. No luck. I eliminated every process Windows would allow me to kill. No luck. I've rebooted without the Nokia Connection Wizard booted. (X-ed it out in the registry on CurrentVersion/Run) No luck. So Outlook wo...