Windows Live Mail "Received Date" issue

Hi,

I have recently decided to move my Google Apps business email account to
Office Live.

The only way I have found to 'migrate' my emails to my Office Live email
account is by dragging and dropping the emails from "GMail" to my Office
Live account using the WLM GUI.

WLM (GUI and Web) will display an incorrect received date - which is the
migration date of when I have subscribed to Google Apps email.  The only way
I have found to show a correct date is to display the "sent" column in WLM
GUI.

Is there a way to correct this ? Maybe there is a API I could use to correct
the "migrated" date in GMail and then move the emails to Office Live ?

Thanks,
Etienne.

PS: I have just registered to this newsgroup, I apologize if this was posted
before.

0
iso

Bump!

"Etienne B�gin" <etienne.begin@etiennebeginconsultant.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have recently decided to move my Google Apps business email account to
> Office Live.
>
> The only way I have found to 'migrate' my emails to my Office Live email
> account is by dragging and dropping the emails from "GMail" to my Office
> Live account using the WLM GUI.
>
> WLM (GUI and Web) will display an incorrect received date - which is the
> migration date of when I have subscribed to Google Apps email.  The only
> way I have found to show a correct date is to display the "sent" column in
> WLM GUI.
>
> Is there a way to correct this ? Maybe there is a API I could use to
> correct the "migrated" date in GMail and then move the emails to Office
> Live ?
>
> Thanks,
> Etienne.
>
> PS: I have just registered to this newsgroup, I apologize if this was
> posted before.

0
iso

email sent/received dates
Hi, I'm using MSN Premium included with Verizon DSL and decided to take advantage of the 2g email storage and outlook connector for msn. Got it set up and working. I created a new folder to archive some email before I copy it to the archive pst on my pc so I can search it remotely. No problems. Today, I noticed all my dates changed on sent and received email that I moved. Worse, the header in the email (that outlook displays) shows this new date and doesn't reflect the original email date. I was moving mail from our company exchange server that was ready to be deleted to this fo...

Header date and received date different
Some of my emails are being delayed. With most of my emails the 'internet header' delivery date and the date in the 'Received' column in the Inbox are the same, within a few seconds. But about one in twenty emails have very different dates and times between the header stamp and the 'Received' stamp.. Sometimes days different. The 'Received' date in the Inbox is always earlier than the delivery date in the header. How can this happen? The email appears in my Inbox at the date and time in the header but the 'Received' stamp is much earler. And of course, w...

Incorrect received date
Hello, My domain controller server failed and it's systemboard was replaced by the manufacturer. We did not anticipate the date/time - Kerberos sensitivity and all systems were disconnected until we were able to synchornize the time (new server was off). Unfortunately, we were so focused on the time that did not noticed the date being off to. About 12 hrs later a user reported receiving message's with "tomorrow's" date. How bizarre? We checked the newly repaired server and there was the culprit. Upon fixing the date and resynchronizing/replicating Active Director...

Incorrect Date showing as Received Date
I am using Outlook 2003 via Terminal Services and since last Monday my mails are all being received with a "received date" of 01/01/01. Its actually up to 03/01/01 now. My time on the Server and local PC are correct (I changed time and applied just to be sure). Mails to other individuals in the company are fine (they use the same TS and Outlook 2003) This is annoying as new mails are now at the bottom ...... Help!!!!! Thanks ...

Rule Changes Received Date Using IMAP
I have Outlook 2003 running on XP with the latest updates and service packs. In Outlook I have an Exchange account and an IMAP account. Whenever I try to run any rule on the Inbox of my IMAP mail, it changes the Received Date listing to the current date on about half of my messages. When I open one of these incorrectly dated emails, the date shown in the message is correct and the date changes to the proper date in the listing of emails. Also, if I remove the IMAP account and then re-add it, the Inbox messages once again have the correct date. I've searched the web over and have found ...

Items with last received date greater than last sold date
Is there a report that shows items with last received date greater than last sold date?. I guess I could track items without movement with this report. Thanks ...

Imported Emails Show Wrong Received Date
I just installed Outlook 2003. After importing my emails from OE, I noticed that about half the emails now show the date of import as the date they were received. Any idea how to fix this or avoid it? It's strange that it only affected some of the emails. Don't import from Outlook, export from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mitch asked: | I just...

received date in saved items
Weekly I forward messages from work to my home e-mail address. When I used Outlook Express, messages that were moved from my inbox to my saved item folder would retain the original message date. Now in Outlook 2003, I am getting the date when I forwarded the message, not the original date. How can I retain the original date? Sorry, I wasn't really clear - I attach the e-mail messages to a cover e-mail. When I move the ATTACHED messages, they don't show the original date. They show the date of the cover e-mail. So if I forwarded messages from 11/1 through 11/7 but I forwar...

Draging Email to Folder and maintain sent/received date
Using Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000, and Windows XP. I have a user that would like to archive emails within the associated jobs folder and somehow have the sent/received date of the email as a column in the folder. When the emails are copied there the date listed (Date Modified) is the date it was copied; also the "Date Created" and "Date Accessed". Is this possible or is there another alternative? The user does not wish to create pst files for each job. Thanks, No, not possible since it's no longer an Outlook item now but a file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlo...

Archive based on received date
Is there a way to archive based on received date instead of modified date? Nope, not using autoarchive. You can move items to an archive pst based on received date. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utili...

Outbox displays Received Date
Need some help on this one. I'm using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP machine and for some odd reason the Outbox now displays the "Received" date and the Inbox displays the "Sent" date. How do i correct this. It seems to be hidden in the PST file because when I login on a different machine it shows the same thing. Right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser". Drag the field you want to see from the Field Chooser into the column headers area. Drag column headers you don't want to see away from the column headers. "Lee" ...

Outlook received date incorrect
3 out of 5 users running Outlook 2000 are getting all their email with a received date of October 4, 2001. Once they open the message the sent time is correct and if they sent me an email outside of the company the date is correct on the received date. Internally the received date it fine. 2 users are unaffected. I have checked for virus, Outlook calendar time, regional time on the pc Internet Headers under view/options, also ran the office update and it did not help....any ideas??? Thanks in advance...SMF ...

Windows Live Mail "Received Date" issue
Hi, I have recently decided to move my Google Apps business email account to Office Live. The only way I have found to 'migrate' my emails to my Office Live email account is by dragging and dropping the emails from "GMail" to my Office Live account using the WLM GUI. WLM (GUI and Web) will display an incorrect received date - which is the migration date of when I have subscribed to Google Apps email. The only way I have found to show a correct date is to display the "sent" column in WLM GUI. Is there a way to correct this ? Maybe there is a ...

Received date years in advance on some messages
Customers have reported issues in Outlook 2000 where the received date is years in advance on some messages. After checking the source and header all appears to be OK. All time and regional settings on the PC are current and ok too. Any ideas? ...

Calcualting the time between email received date and reply date
Hi My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how many days a message got replied? Thanks Shanks Shanks <Shanks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants data as to within how many days a reply was sent to a > message. Is it possible in microsoft outlook to find out after how > many days a message got replied? WIth Outlook 2003, one can observe the received time and compare it to the "You replied" time shown in the Info Bar. -- Brian Tillman Hi Brian Is there a...

Outlook 2003 shows wrong received date/time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C6FBB8.80B35B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I moved some files from one IMAP account to another. Now Outlook 2003 = lists all the moved files as though they were received when I moved = them. So two years' worth of email showing pretty much the same arrival = time. If I open the same Inbox with Thunderbird, they all look fine. Is = there a way to fix Outlook's behavior so it gets the email arrival time = from the message headers? Thanks a...

Sent date = Received date in Outlook 2000??
I have a problem with Outlook 2000 SP3 on Win 2000. When mail is received on some computers, the sent date and time is set to the current date and time on the computer. This means, that I can not see when the mail was sent - because the correct date and time seems to be overwritten by outlook when receiving. This only happens when Outlook has been closed for a while, and opened again. When Outlook is open and mail is received, the correct date and time is displayed. When I right click on the mail and view properties, I can see the correct date and time on all mail - but it is not all display...

Received Date Displays None
Hi, I recently imported all my e-mails from OE to Outlook 2000. I noticed today that some of my old e-mails display "None" as the date in the Received column. Does anyone know a fix for this? Also, I don't know if this matters or not, but I don't have MS Exchange Server. Thanks. I believe this is one of the things that happens when you import in outlook rather than exporting from outlook express (recommended route). Do you still have the data in OE? You could export if so... ScrabFreak wrote: > Hi, > > I recently imported all my e-mails from OE to Outlook 2...

Received date changes on messages kept in in-box
My received date changes on messages left in the in-box to the current date when I received new mail this morning. I had a message I received yesterday with a file attached that I saved as unread at the top of my in-box. It's received date changed to today and all new mail loaded under it. I am using Microsoft Activesync and syncing my iPaq. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Using Outlook 2002 in a XP environment. ...

OS X Mail to Entourage import received date wrong

incoming received date is none
Just recently, one of my users reported that all of her incoming emails report a received date of 'none'. The user in question is running Windows XP with Office 2003 and up to date on all critical and optional microsoft updates. She is using the IMAP protocol and nothing has changed on the server. I have searched endlessly for a resolution to this problem and have found nothing. I saw a post in the general group detailing the same problem but with no responses. Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, has anyone fixed it? I am open to any suggestions on how to further troublesho...

How do I archive based on sent/ received date not "last modified" date
We have combined our group's e-mails into one account that we all access. Now there is a whole directory tree of projects that we all work on... and each of us can see the most current e- mails in any project regardless of who wrote them. However, when we try to archive them, they are archived based on the "last modified date". For most e-mails, this is when we moved them into the project folder (i.e. last week when we created the group e-mail) even though we may have received the e-mail months or years ago. Is there anyway to archive based on the sent or received dat...

Group By Flag Status and then Received date
I want to group first by flag status and then by Received date, but have the same collapsable headers available in the Received that you get if you group first by Received date. It looks like it may not be possible, but thought I would post to see. Thanks! Following is the example. So: Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Then emails by date with this flag color grouped as the following) Date: Today Date: Yesterday Etc. Instead of Group: Flag Color Unflagged (Where the groups by date are specific including the time). Date: 6/9/2006 4:18 PM Date: 6/9/2006 4:12 PM ...