Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP

Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3

Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday

Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
Wednesday instead of the Thursday.

Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
Thursday as it should.

Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

Bert Wicks
Rockhampton
Australia

0
Bert

"Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3
>
> Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday
>
> Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
> Wednesday instead of the Thursday.
>
> Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
> Thursday as it should.
>
> Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

It might be a bug in WLMail. One of the app's developers, David Gould,
wrote back in May:

<quote>
What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug I
fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release Windows
Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the week isn't
Sunday.
</quote>

So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26 July),
but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I don't
think XP has a system-wide FDotW...
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
11/23/2009 12:03:20 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified.  The fix is in our internal Wave 4 code
base.  Usually, only fixes to severe bugs (crashes and hangs) are back
ported to QFE releases.  This bug wasn't severe enough for the fix to be
back ported to the QFE release.

David [MSFT]

wrote back in May:

<quote>
What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug I
fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release Windows
Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the week isn't
Sunday.
</quote>

So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26 July),
but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I don't
think XP has a system-wide FDotW...
--
Noel

0
David
11/24/2009 11:59:20 PM
Thank you, David. That helps a lot - now we'll have to find out if this
explains the OP's problem.

@Bert - let's continue this in your latest thread before it gets completely
out of hand.
--
Noel

"David [MSFT]" <dgould@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I should have clarified.  The fix is in our internal Wave 4 code
> base.  Usually, only fixes to severe bugs (crashes and hangs) are back
> ported to QFE releases.  This bug wasn't severe enough for the fix to be
> back ported to the QFE release.

> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> "Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3
>>
>> Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday
>>
>> Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
>> Wednesday instead of the Thursday.
>>
>> Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
>> Thursday as it should.
>>
>> Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

> It might be a bug in WLMail. One of the app's developers, David Gould,
> wrote back in May:
>
> <quote>
> What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug
> I fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release
> Windows Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the
> week isn't Sunday.
> </quote>
>
> So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26
> July), but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I
> don't think XP has a system-wide FDotW...

0
Ildhund

Running average
Hi Guys, Been struggling a bit on this so a pointer would be great. Just a simple example would do.. tableA with two fields "Startdate" and "Amount" now i need a running average in the query which would give me the following output: [Startdate] - [amount] - [average] 1-1-2010 - 100 - 100 2-1-2010 - 50 - 75 3-1-2010 - 60 - 70 So in the average column the last value should be the average of the sum of the previous records and the current records (being the average of the total). I know that the fieldnames are...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Mail lMerge

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

Border problems

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Windows wont start with USB printer plugged in
I have now got two club members that can not start Windows if their USB printer is connected. In both cases the computer goes to the BIOS splash screen and freezes. In one case it is a Dell Computer with an HP printer. In the second case it is an HP Computer with an Epson printer. If you remove the printer USB cable, the computer starts and load the desktop just fine. Then you can plug the printer cable in and use the printer computer and printer. But if the printer USB cable is connected, printer power off or on, then the computer go to the BIOS splash screen. Dell in one case,...

Can not Remove Locitech stuff in XP Add/Remove
I have two entries in XP Add/Remove, "Logitech Desktop Messenger" and "Logitech Camera Driver". I have tried all the tricks that I can find including going into the Registry, but nothing will get rid of them. I would appreciate any tips that you may have to offer. ...

Redirecting Mail from my Contacts to My Palm Treo
I get a lot of spam so I would only want to redirect messages from sendersin my address book to an external IMAP account (which can be read by my palm). So the rule is very simple: redirect all messages that arrive and their sender is in my address book to another mail address. However, this seems to be impossible given that the condition "messages in my address book" is only local and the redict command is a server based action. Any suggetion how to solve that? Amir does the imap server support redirection? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Reminders work when Outlook not running?
Can I configure Outlook 2003 so the reminders will still go off even if Outlook itself is not running at the time? -- Thanks in advance... Bob Please don't double post. Answered in Outlook General. "Bob Newman" wrote: > Can I configure Outlook 2003 so the reminders will still go off even if > Outlook itself is not running at the time? > -- > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > No,Outlook must be open to function. Use a third party add-in, such as Magic Mail Monitor. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...

display a notification when new mail arrives
Hi Not sure if this is an Outlook or a Windows question! But here goes. Until a short while ago, I would get an 'unopened envelope' icon in the systray when new mail arrived, but now its gone.... Don't think I've done anything to change this - but it was really useful, so can anyone tell me how to put it back, thanks Dear, Tools, options, preference, Email options, advanced email options, (when new item arrive in my inbox), mark on show an envelope icon in the notification area. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you...