Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP

Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3

Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday

Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
Wednesday instead of the Thursday.

Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
Thursday as it should.

Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

Bert Wicks
Rockhampton
Australia

0
Bert

"Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3
>
> Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday
>
> Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
> Wednesday instead of the Thursday.
>
> Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
> Thursday as it should.
>
> Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

It might be a bug in WLMail. One of the app's developers, David Gould,
wrote back in May:

<quote>
What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug I
fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release Windows
Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the week isn't
Sunday.
</quote>

So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26 July),
but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I don't
think XP has a system-wide FDotW...
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
11/23/2009 12:03:20 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified.  The fix is in our internal Wave 4 code
base.  Usually, only fixes to severe bugs (crashes and hangs) are back
ported to QFE releases.  This bug wasn't severe enough for the fix to be
back ported to the QFE release.

David [MSFT]

wrote back in May:

<quote>
What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug I
fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release Windows
Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the week isn't
Sunday.
</quote>

So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26 July),
but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I don't
think XP has a system-wide FDotW...
--
Noel

0
David
11/24/2009 11:59:20 PM
Thank you, David. That helps a lot - now we'll have to find out if this
explains the OP's problem.

@Bert - let's continue this in your latest thread before it gets completely
out of hand.
--
Noel

"David [MSFT]" <dgould@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, I should have clarified.  The fix is in our internal Wave 4 code
> base.  Usually, only fixes to severe bugs (crashes and hangs) are back
> ported to QFE releases.  This bug wasn't severe enough for the fix to be
> back ported to the QFE release.

> "Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message
> "Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3
>>
>> Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday
>>
>> Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the
>> Wednesday instead of the Thursday.
>>
>> Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows
>> Thursday as it should.
>>
>> Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP

> It might be a bug in WLMail. One of the app's developers, David Gould,
> wrote back in May:
>
> <quote>
> What is the first day of the week on your system?  This sounds like a bug
> I fixed recently (the fix should be included the next time we release
> Windows Live Mail).  The wrong day is selected when the first day of the
> week isn't Sunday.
> </quote>
>
> So, that fix should have made it into the latest build (released 26
> July), but it wouldn't hurt to try changing your First Day of the Week. I
> don't think XP has a system-wide FDotW...

0
Ildhund

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Excel button problem

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Problem with Range

Having problem with spoofing email

outlook 97 and express email problems

message delivery problems

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

outlook 2007 e-mail

XSL Problem

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

OE autodelete OLD mail

Problem sending encrypted email in OLXP

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?