Windows Live Mail (news)?

Hi,
I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id

I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).

First question:
How can i remove it ?

Second question:
I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going to WLM 
often my connection to my provider fails ?
Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick.

Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read 
normally.

Who can give any advice?

Regards
Huib

 

0
Huib
2/5/2010 1:23:53 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

9 Replies
1063 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving.
-- 
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hi,
> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>
> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>
> First question:
> How can i remove it ?
>
> Second question:
> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going to 
> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick.
>
> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read 
> normally.
>
> Who can give any advice?
>
> Regards
> Huib
>
>
> 
0
Ron
2/5/2010 1:57:57 PM
Hi,
Thanks
This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of the 
internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.

Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?

Regards
Huib


"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht 
news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving.
> -- 
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> Hi,
>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>
>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>
>> First question:
>> How can i remove it ?
>>
>> Second question:
>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going to 
>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick.
>>
>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read 
>> normally.
>>
>> Who can give any advice?
>>
>> Regards
>> Huib
>>
>>
>>

 

0
Huib
2/5/2010 4:02:50 PM
So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?

As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after resuming =
from
stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some =
settings
remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to =
resume.=20
As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use any =
power=20
saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your =
network
adapter.
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message =
news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hi,
> Thanks
> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of =
the=20
> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>=20
> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>=20
> Regards
> Huib
>=20
>=20
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht=20
> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and =
receiving.
>> --=20
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message=20
>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>> Hi,
>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>
>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>
>>> First question:
>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>
>>> Second question:
>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going =
to=20
>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very =
quick.
>>>
>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are =
read=20
>>> normally.
>>>
>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Huib
>>>
>>>
>>>
>=20
>=20
>
0
Gary
2/5/2010 6:52:31 PM
Hi,
Indeed i have a broadband Internet connection which is always on.

If you mean by "high performance" the setting via the energy behaviour than 
it is "yes"

I saw a difference in the HW-settings on energy behaviour on the Wireless 
network adaptor and the other.
On the Wireless adaptor : the mark is off " the PC may cut the function to 
save energy" while is was on for the other.

As i am using only the Wireless - one that can also not be the reason or 
would the PC try to make first a connection via the other adaptor and than 
it could be possible.
I will try it.

Regards
Huib
"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> schreef in bericht 
news:u#OteRppKHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?
>
> As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after resuming from
> stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some settings
> remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to resume.
> As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use any 
> power
> saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your 
> network
> adapter.
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>
>
> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
> news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> Hi,
>> Thanks
>> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of the
>> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>>
>> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>>
>> Regards
>> Huib
>>
>>
>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht
>> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and 
>>> receiving.
>>> -- 
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>
>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message
>>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>> Hi,
>>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>>
>>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>>
>>>> First question:
>>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>>
>>>> Second question:
>>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going to
>>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very 
>>>> quick.
>>>>
>>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read
>>>> normally.
>>>>
>>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> Huib
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>>

 

0
Huib
2/5/2010 8:49:58 PM
Hallo Gary,
I have an impession that is working fine by now.
Probably the physical network adaptor is first adressed and afwards the 
wireless one.
Do you think this can be an technical explication?

Nevertheless many thanks.

Huib
"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht 
news:4b6c8479$0$2886$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hi,
> Indeed i have a broadband Internet connection which is always on.
>
> If you mean by "high performance" the setting via the energy behaviour 
> than it is "yes"
>
> I saw a difference in the HW-settings on energy behaviour on the Wireless 
> network adaptor and the other.
> On the Wireless adaptor : the mark is off " the PC may cut the function to 
> save energy" while is was on for the other.
>
> As i am using only the Wireless - one that can also not be the reason or 
> would the PC try to make first a connection via the other adaptor and than 
> it could be possible.
> I will try it.
>
> Regards
> Huib
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> schreef in bericht 
> news:u#OteRppKHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?
>>
>> As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after resuming 
>> from
>> stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some 
>> settings
>> remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to 
>> resume.
>> As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use any 
>> power
>> saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your 
>> network
>> adapter.
>> -- 
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>
>>
>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
>> news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>> Hi,
>>> Thanks
>>> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of the
>>> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>>>
>>> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Huib
>>>
>>>
>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht
>>> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and 
>>>> receiving.
>>>> -- 
>>>> Ron Sommer
>>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>>
>>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message
>>>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>>>
>>>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>>>
>>>>> First question:
>>>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Second question:
>>>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going 
>>>>> to
>>>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very 
>>>>> quick.
>>>>>
>>>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are 
>>>>> read
>>>>> normally.
>>>>>
>>>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> Huib
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 
0
Huib
2/5/2010 9:26:29 PM
"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht 
news:4b6c8d09$0$2888$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hallo Gary,
> I have an impession that is working fine by now.
> Probably the physical network adaptor is first adressed and afwards the 
> wireless one.
> Do you think this can be an technical explication?
>
> Nevertheless many thanks.
>
> Huib
> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht 
> news:4b6c8479$0$2886$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> Hi,
>> Indeed i have a broadband Internet connection which is always on.
>>
>> If you mean by "high performance" the setting via the energy behaviour 
>> than it is "yes"
>>
>> I saw a difference in the HW-settings on energy behaviour on the Wireless 
>> network adaptor and the other.
>> On the Wireless adaptor : the mark is off " the PC may cut the function 
>> to save energy" while is was on for the other.
>>
>> As i am using only the Wireless - one that can also not be the reason or 
>> would the PC try to make first a connection via the other adaptor and 
>> than it could be possible.
>> I will try it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Huib
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> schreef in bericht 
>> news:u#OteRppKHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?
>>>
>>> As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after resuming 
>>> from
>>> stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some 
>>> settings
>>> remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to 
>>> resume.
>>> As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use any 
>>> power
>>> saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your 
>>> network
>>> adapter.
>>> -- 
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>>
>>>
>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
>>> news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>> Hi,
>>>> Thanks
>>>> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of the
>>>> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>>>>
>>>> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> Huib
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht
>>>> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and 
>>>>> receiving.
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Ron Sommer
>>>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>>>
>>>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message
>>>>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> First question:
>>>>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Second question:
>>>>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going 
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>>>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very 
>>>>>> quick.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are 
>>>>>> read
>>>>>> normally.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> Huib
>>>>>>
Hallo Gary,
You remember for sure the discussion we had on receiving continously 
messages on a certain account.
You adviced and convinced me (technically) not performing any incoming 
e-mail scanning on my AVG.
But afterwards it happened again and i putted the AVG scanning again on.
With the related action (on the networkcards) based  on your idea of high 
performance i have untill now no more seen that sympton.
Maybe you have yourself something with that info.

And now fingercross...what do you think all about it?
Regards
Huib

 

0
Huib
2/6/2010 8:17:26 AM
Perhaps that is the correct explanation. I'm definitely not an expert
on energy saving matters and to what extend they affect resume
from standby.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message =
news:4b6c8d09$0$2888$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hallo Gary,
> I have an impession that is working fine by now.
> Probably the physical network adaptor is first adressed and afwards =
the=20
> wireless one.
> Do you think this can be an technical explication?
>=20
> Nevertheless many thanks.
>=20
> Huib
> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht=20
> news:4b6c8479$0$2886$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> Hi,
>> Indeed i have a broadband Internet connection which is always on.
>>
>> If you mean by "high performance" the setting via the energy =
behaviour=20
>> than it is "yes"
>>
>> I saw a difference in the HW-settings on energy behaviour on the =
Wireless=20
>> network adaptor and the other.
>> On the Wireless adaptor : the mark is off " the PC may cut the =
function to=20
>> save energy" while is was on for the other.
>>
>> As i am using only the Wireless - one that can also not be the reason =
or=20
>> would the PC try to make first a connection via the other adaptor and =
than=20
>> it could be possible.
>> I will try it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Huib
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> schreef in bericht=20
>> news:u#OteRppKHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?
>>>
>>> As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after =
resuming=20
>>> from
>>> stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some=20
>>> settings
>>> remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to=20
>>> resume.
>>> As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use =
any=20
>>> power
>>> saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your =

>>> network
>>> adapter.
>>> --=20
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>>
>>>
>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message=20
>>> news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>> Hi,
>>>> Thanks
>>>> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings of =
the
>>>> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>>>>
>>>> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> Huib
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht
>>>> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and=20
>>>>> receiving.
>>>>> --=20
>>>>> Ron Sommer
>>>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>>>
>>>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message
>>>>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> First question:
>>>>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Second question:
>>>>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately =
going=20
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>>>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is =
very=20
>>>>>> quick.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages =
are=20
>>>>>> read
>>>>>> normally.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> Huib
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
0
Gary
2/8/2010 3:56:51 AM
Glad I was able to help. Let's hope the solution is permanent.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message =
news:4b6d259a$0$2887$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>=20
> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht=20
> news:4b6c8d09$0$2888$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>> Hallo Gary,
>> I have an impession that is working fine by now.
>> Probably the physical network adaptor is first adressed and afwards =
the=20
>> wireless one.
>> Do you think this can be an technical explication?
>>
>> Nevertheless many thanks.
>>
>> Huib
>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> schreef in bericht=20
>> news:4b6c8479$0$2886$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>> Hi,
>>> Indeed i have a broadband Internet connection which is always on.
>>>
>>> If you mean by "high performance" the setting via the energy =
behaviour=20
>>> than it is "yes"
>>>
>>> I saw a difference in the HW-settings on energy behaviour on the =
Wireless=20
>>> network adaptor and the other.
>>> On the Wireless adaptor : the mark is off " the PC may cut the =
function=20
>>> to save energy" while is was on for the other.
>>>
>>> As i am using only the Wireless - one that can also not be the =
reason or=20
>>> would the PC try to make first a connection via the other adaptor =
and=20
>>> than it could be possible.
>>> I will try it.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Huib
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> schreef in bericht=20
>>> news:u#OteRppKHA.3912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> So you have a broadband Internet connection that is always on?
>>>>
>>>> As to your second concern, failure of one's connection after =
resuming=20
>>>> from
>>>> stand-by is often a byproduct of your power-saving settings. Some=20
>>>> settings
>>>> remove power from the network adapter, and it takes time for it to=20
>>>> resume.
>>>> As a test, try the "high performance" setting, which does not use =
any=20
>>>> power
>>>> saving features. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for =
your=20
>>>> network
>>>> adapter.
>>>> --=20
>>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message=20
>>>> news:4b6c412e$0$2859$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> This is part a part of in-dialing and as i am using the settings =
of the
>>>>> internet settings it is already unchecked and on grey.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any idea what could be the reason of my second question below?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards
>>>>> Huib
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> schreef in bericht
>>>>> news:e2Gm7smpKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and=20
>>>>>> receiving.
>>>>>> --=20
>>>>>> Ron Sommer
>>>>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> First question:
>>>>>>> How can i remove it ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Second question:
>>>>>>> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately =
going=20
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
>>>>>>> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is =
very=20
>>>>>>> quick.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages =
are=20
>>>>>>> read
>>>>>>> normally.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Who can give any advice?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>> Huib
>>>>>>>
> Hallo Gary,
> You remember for sure the discussion we had on receiving continously=20
> messages on a certain account.
> You adviced and convinced me (technically) not performing any incoming =

> e-mail scanning on my AVG.
> But afterwards it happened again and i putted the AVG scanning again =
on.
> With the related action (on the networkcards) based  on your idea of =
high=20
> performance i have untill now no more seen that sympton.
> Maybe you have yourself something with that info.
>=20
> And now fingercross...what do you think all about it?
> Regards
> Huib
>=20
>=20
>
0
Gary
2/8/2010 3:58:50 AM
Since nobody has answered your first question I'll respond....

"Huib" <onbekend@onbekend> wrote in message 
news:4b6c1bed$0$2883$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be...
> Hi,
> I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id
>
> I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news).
>
> First question:
> How can i remove it ?

Short answer, you can't as it's a part of Windows Live Mail.  WLM handles 2 
things, reading/writing email and reading/writing articles for newsgroups. 
I see from your message headers that you are in fact using WLM to read and 
write in the newsgroups, so why would you want to remove it?

>
> Second question:
> I see that after start-up (or after stand-by)  and immediately going to 
> WLM often my connection to my provider fails ?
> Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick.
>
> Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read 
> normally.
>
> Who can give any advice?
>
> Regards
> Huib
>
>
>

-- 

Roy Smith
Windows 7 Home Premium
 

0
Roy
2/10/2010 4:43:32 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Having problem of Outlook not receiving new e-mails
I have been using Outlook for over 1 year with Comcast Broadband. Suddenly last week, I received a message that Outlook 2000 was experiencing a problem when receiving new e-mails and was going to shut down. I re-opened Outlook and it looked different and then it asked for me set up a profile and I canceled it. But after that window coming up a couple of times after it shut down, I decided to put in a new name and then I could not get to my old e-mails and it acted like a new set up. Then I really got frustrated. I was eventaully able to get back to my old e-mails and have been able t...

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

how to config Server for one user which has 2 mail address.
we have one NT4.0 + Exchange 5.5 Server "A" Email abc@xxx.com.cn ��and another windows2003 + exchange 2003 Server "B" abc@cn.xxx.com user name is same in A B��Mx record was be set ,question is how to config Exchange 2003 to receive down the mail to Server A , because of we need to replace A with B. thanks a lot. E2K3 setup guides you through common scenarios (like yours) pretty much holding your hand - on welcome screen tell it that you have existing E55 org and want to join it, then follow on-screen instructions. Having usable backup of Exchange databases and AD i...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Lexmark driver for Windows Vista??
does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 printrio? Any help appreciated? On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:07:39 -0500, "Kitty Stringfellow" <kikkimomjj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 >printrio? >Any help appreciated? I'd suggest reposting your question in a newsgroup supporting Vista, or Lexmark. This newsgroup is for questions about designing relational database Queries in Microsoft Access. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...

invoice for envelopes with windows
What invoice template can I use that will consistently place the name and mailing address on the invoice form so that it will always fit in the window of an standard #10 business envelope? There is no standard location for the window. I would suggest folding a piece of paper and measuring where the window is on the envelopes you use. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68FC09EF-AA33-40D7-8472-1602F50D69BD@microsoft.com... > What invoi...

make outlook automatically delete html mail with linked images
The junk mail filter should be able to automatically delete html mail with linked images ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9e1b783b-c9c1-44f2-a1dd-93da59216c56&dg=microsoft.public.outloo...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Retrieve old e-mails
I recently had a hard drive crash on me and had to have the data recovered through a data recovery specialist. All the data on my old drive was recovered and put onto my new hard drive. I did have to install WindowsXP on the new drive. I want to know how to get the e-mails I had in my inbox folder from the files from the old drive so I can respond to them as there were some which had not been read and others which were of importance. Thanks for the help, Brian Brian <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently had a hard drive crash on me and had to have > the...

Curious Mail Loop (and brain teaser)
I just experienced an enigmatic mail looping issue, anybody have any ideas to keep this from happening again? Here is the Scenario... We have a user whom works for my organization and another government agency, both organizations use Exchange 2000 but there is no interoperability between our systems other than standard SMTP email through the internet, not same AD root, forest or even remotely similar namespace. We are able to induce a loop under the following conditions.: 1. User has an exchange mailbox at both Organization A & Organization B 2. User creates an "Out of the Off...

parent window?
hi, Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have created a pointer as cstatic stc; when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?); what shall i give for the parent window of static control? i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used. thanks in advance susi ...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...

Mail Relay #7
I have a Exhcahge 2003 FE/BE setup. WE are adding another email server for encryption that will be a n outgoing relay. this will sit between my FE server and my firewall. Do I have to setup another connector to point to this server for all mail? Thanks Rick All outbound internet mail? You can insert the server as a smarthost on SMTP Connector for address space *. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159524368.41...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

Mailing a group of Contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Is there any way I can select a section of my contacts (A category) eg: friends or Business contacts, and add all their addresses to one email without selecting each one individually? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3356593878_1177854 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/12/10 10:08 PM, in article 59bb8673.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,...

How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ?
How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message news:C2919371-6A82-4478-A411-8FEB13F66B41@microsoft.com... > How to delete stuck file from "All Junk e-mail" Box ? > I'm using WLM on Win7. Thanks for any help. try dragging it to the deleted folder. "c.d." <invalid@iglou.com> wrote in message news:es$OnIzzKHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > "Jdr" <omni@msn.net> wrote in message > news:C29193...

How do I unlock the document in my Windows Messenger?
I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message, There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger? Messenger? Are you trying to relate this to Outlook somehow? FYI Messenger 5.1 is extremely old. You should upgrade. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http...

E-Mail to Outbox Folder
-- JoeCL LACO-CAO "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174A1F8D-3A37-4D17-8E46-2285F23D1615@microsoft.com... > > -- > JoeCL > LACO-CAO Yes? ...

retreive email from windows 2000
my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft 2003, so that means I have email with outlook. My question is how can I get my old email account from windows 2000 to go with my new email at outlook 2003 In news:B382F7A3-5F1F-49B3-8F4C-DC12231BF048@microsoft.com, eco12759 <eco12759@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing > files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft > 2003, so that means I have email with out...

Outlook Cannot Run Add-In...Windows Installer Error 1605
I'm getting the follwing error message when I try use and setup my new Office Outlook 2003 (SBE with contact manager) for the first time: "Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605" I've found this article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it addresses only Outlook 2002: OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605 Does anyone know of a solution that will fix this problem in Outlook 2003 or does the above article for 2002 also apply for Outlook 2003? Thanks. Dennis Boone ...

Programming Windows XP !
I am just now learning that old fashioned Win32 programming is NOT completely compatible with the Windows XP operating system. When I run my old Win 95/98/NT programs on Windows XP, I notice all kinds of changes/problems. For example, I tried using a light gray brush for my background color, and Windows XP displayed a WHITE brush instead... Also, when I run my OpenGl programs, the client area does not get painted at startup! It paints the client area only if I resize the main window. Do I need to throw out my old Win32 skills and learn a new style of programming for XP?? On the MSDN websi...