Windows 7 Problem Looking for News Group Recommendation

Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group
re Windows 7 Home Premium.

0
JohnR

"JohnR" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message
> Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group
> re Windows 7 Home Premium.

If you are looking for an MS newsgroup then you are out of luck.
There's an "Alt" group - full of idiots morons trolls and twits, or there's
the new MS web-based forums here:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

0
Gordon
5/7/2010 5:46:11 PM
"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> "JohnR" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news
>> group re Windows 7 Home Premium.
>
> If you are looking for an MS newsgroup then you are out of luck.
> There's an "Alt" group - full of idiots morons trolls and twits, or
> there's the new MS web-based forums here:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

Use WLM rules to filter out the trolls and morons - or just ignore them.

If you want to ask questions in the MS forum, you'll need a Windows Live ID.
To sign up for that MS wants all sort of info.  I wonder why...

I prefer the trolls; you know what they want.

--

Jeff

0
Jeff
5/7/2010 6:45:07 PM
"Jeff Layman" <jmlayman@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> Use WLM rules to filter out the trolls and morons - or just ignore them.

If you do that there's about three posts a DAY....

0
Gordon

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

Separate Thread with top-level window in MFC DLL
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or insights people have on an issue I am facing. I am trying to create a DLL that will export a single function. This function, when called, spawns a new thread with its own top-level CFrameWnd. The thread should process all messages for that CFrameWnd. It looks like most applications that will use DLL will be MFC-based but not 100% of them. I am currently creating a regular MFC DLL (not an extension). The CWinApp in that DLL does not have a main window initially (set to NULL). In the exported function, I execute a AfxBeginThread to create the new thre...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Problems with MS-DateTime-Picker 6.0
My userform has a Multipage control on top. My Microsoft Date-Time-Picker 6.0 Control is sitting on "Page 1" of the Multi-page control. If I change to "Page 2" and try to access the ".Value" of the DTPicker control, it will return an error value. (It is returning the year 1899). What is wrong here? Does the DTPicker need to be on the visible page to be used?? Are there any other things I should know about this DTPicker control? Robert, You could assign the DTPicker's value to a public date variable in its change event. HTH, Be...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

OMA #7
I'm getting the following message lately when using Outlook Mobile Access. Can should shed some light and point me in the right direction? Thanks "Network problems are preventing OMA from working properly. Please try again later. If this problem persists contact your administrator. On the title bar, its says Domain Controller Off-Line. Please investigate" Please check the connection between FE and DC. "Efrain Jimenez" <EfrainJimenez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69A6DC33-1EE7-4566-933B-3620C1EAC325@microsoft.com... > I'm getting th...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Owner draw buttons : 2D look...Can it be 3D?
hi, Priyanka here... i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click on the CButton, it gives a 3D feel as the text shows some offset and the button gives a pressed look. but in the owner draw buttons, there is no such 3D effect i can see. can we make it possible? Thanks Priyanka priya wrote: > hi, > Priyanka here... > i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look > of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click > on the CButton, it gives...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Enabling FBA problem
Hello, I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works fine. When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on HTTP virtual server, I receive this error "You must use the IIS Admin to manage this virtual server's settings", but when I start IIS admin console I don't see that option. Can anyone help me with this General wrote: > Hello, > > I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works > fine. > When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on > HTTP...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

command button #7
Hi Can i use a command button to open diffrrent sheets within a workbook and if so can i hide the sheets from the task bar at the bottom. Thanks for your help ...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

news option keeps disappearing from Outlook 2004
Outlook and Outlook Express on same machine. Can't make Outlook the default newsreader in Internet Options. News option keeps disappearing from Outlook and keeps reverting to Outlook Express. Solution? Assuming you mean Outlook 2003: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

SMTP Message 4.4.7
I am running Exchange 2003, SP2. The server sits behind ISA 2004. I am having periodic mail problems with other domains trying to send messages to my Exchange server. There is a domain that is having messages bounced back with the error code 4.7.7. I believe that most other domains get through just fine. Is there anything on the ISA firewall that might be causing this? MS gives work-around for may firewall products, but not for their own. Thanks. We had the same problem, and the same configuration. The problem is caused by the ISA firewall's SMTP filtering feature, and two partic...

FRx Export problem
Hi all, Hope someone can help. One of our users is trying to do an export from FRx to excel but is faced with the following error: Error 200 Application-defined or Object-defined error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Many thanks Grant ...

mvps.org Restricted Site problem
WinXP/SP3/IE8 For some reason when I go to some pages of the MVPS.ORG stie (HostFile page specifically, but also others) the task bar displays "Restricted Site" and IE8 will not let me download the host file. The Restricted Site list (tools/internet options/security tab) has no entry for mvps.org that I can find but the Trusted Site list has the mvps host file page specifically listed. Can any one give me a means to correct this problem. P.S. I've made no entries into either site, AdAware and SpyBot must have made all entries. Thanks. ...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...