window pane size

When I open a message to read or reply, the window pane is too wide. Parts of
the message on the right are cut off. And when I reply, parts of the sentence
is cut off to the right. How do I adjust the pane size?

Any window you want to resize permanently must be the last window closed.

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last.
Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next
time you open the program.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"LNM" <LNM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a message to read or reply, the window pane is too wide.
> Parts of
> the message on the right are cut off. And when I reply, parts of the
> sentence
> is cut off to the right. How do I adjust the pane size?

0
Bruce
4/25/2010 4:22:00 AM
To get a window back on the screen, try this:
 - Use Alt/Tab to make it the active window
 - Press Alt/Space to get the control window for that application
 - Press M to select the Move option
 - Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window around the screen
to get it properly in view
 - Press the Enter key when the window is where you want it

If you need to resize a window, but can't use the mouse, try this:
 - Use Alt/Tab to make it the active window
 - Press Alt/Space to get the control window for that application
 - Press S to select the Size option
 - Now you can use the arrow keys to resize the window
 - Press the Enter key when the window is the size you want it

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"LNM" <LNM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a message to read or reply, the window pane is too wide.
> Parts of
> the message on the right are cut off. And when I reply, parts of the
> sentence
> is cut off to the right. How do I adjust the pane size?

0
Michael

DPM 2010 and Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows
Hello! Does anyone know if DPM 2010 supports hyper-v VM's which is stored (both ..vhd and machine information) on Symantec Storage Foundation for Windows (Veritas Volume Manager) ? This is not supported by DPM 2007. Hi Magnar, Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into this issue and will provide an update on whether this scenario is supported in DPM 2010. -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "Magnar" <Magnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BF4DE87-66EB-...

Windows Media Player Protection Issue ??
Hello; I'm new to this, so please bear with me. 1) Over a year ago, I copied 4 of my own CDs to my laptop as audio files *. wma 2) Everything worked fine with Windows Media Player 3) Last week I updated to Windows Media Player 11 4) Now to Play any of the audio files: ...a. internet connection is required! ...b. MS Windows Media Technologies message appears: "To play the file on this computer, you must download a license (a process known as "license migration"! ...c. click "Download License" ...d. by clicking, two messages appear: ......1st ms...

to create a T like 3 splitter window
I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top, one at bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with that? m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1); //In which windows to put the view. m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(100, 100), pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0)); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100, 100),pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLA...

What is included in mailbox size?
I want to implement mailbox quota on our Exchange 2003. We have a rather large retention period on all our mailboxes. Is this retention calculated into the total size of a given mailbox? It would be nice to know before I ask people to clean up their mailbox;-) Thanks in advance. The retention of deleted items is not part of the mailbox size. Nue "Ramboost" <Ramboost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:106EF84E-7017-4C94-A020-C73D12277A64@microsoft.com... >I want to implement mailbox quota on our Exchange 2003. We have a rather > large retention period ...

Windows Update 12-07-09
FIXWindows update fails to install this is what i get-----Error Code: 0x64C Tried to FIX it myself by downloadingn the FIX tool but no avail can someone helpme -- kikocal www.futuretekonline.com It would be nice if you continued your original thread rather than start a new thread. If you are a newbee, I can understand the mistake. "kikocal" wrote: > FIXWindows update fails to install this is what i get-----Error Code: 0x64C > Tried to FIX it myself by downloadingn the FIX tool but no avail can someone > helpme > > -- > kikocal > w...

Upgrade from Windows 95
I would like to upgrade an old pc from Windows 95 so that my 80 yr old mother can play games on it. Buying games for windows 95 compatability seems difficult, so thought the best thing to do is upgrade to a later version of windows. Can you advise me how to proceed? 1. Not an Office issue. 2. If it has Windows 95 you may find that the best you can do is upgrade to Windows 98, which may prove to be as challenging to purchase. If you look at the prices of computers now, you'll find that it won't cost an arm and a leg to buy a basic new computer. Maybe less than trying t...

Outlook Mail pre-view window bigger..Calendar disappeared..Help
I'm new to Microsoft outlook and like it very much! On my outlook mail home screen I had four columns.. column 3 had a mail preview window and column 4 had a small one-month calendar. I thought I was hitting a right arrow on the calendar to change my calendar from August to September but instead my calendar disappeared and my mail preview window got bigger to use the space vacated by my calendar. Yikes! How do I get the calendar back? Outlook 2007? The right pane is called the To-Do Bar. To make it bigger again simply press the "<<" sign at the top of it. Other wa...

pst file size limit #2
Is there a limit to the size your pst file can be? Thanks, Tim 2GB for the old format file (Outlook 97-2002) and theoretically 33TB for OL2003 format PSTs "TK" <tim@d.com> wrote in message news:%23$LMBVgxFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to the size your pst file can be? Yes but it depends on version, in theory pre Outlook 2003 can go up to 2GB but in practice tends to bomb out after about 1.5GB, Outlook 2003 is a nominal 20GB but can go up to an estimated 32TB controllable via registry, info here on the Outlook 2003 pst http://support.microsoft...

Mailbox Size not changing
I'm running Exchange 2003 - Enterprise edition. Recently I discovered that our Mailbox store had grown to a tremendous size since we didn't impose any restrictions on the users. However there came a time when we needed to free up more room on the server so we went ahead and deleted emails from users who had left the firm. The way we did this was by logging in under their name and then going and deleting their emails. By this method, we deleted what seemed like 15 GB worth of emails. However, it seems that this didn't change the actual amount of space available on the hard drive whe...

How can I completely remove the outgoing SMTP message size restriction pls?
Folks, I am trying to send an email of 800MB but keep getting this error "The message exceeds the limit established for this user" I have removed all the restrictions on the user and in the global settings but exchange still won't let me send. Are there some limits hardcoded pls? I am using SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003 (I think). Thanks where are you trying to send this email? to someone outside your organization? the message is probably coming from the recipient's side...most email servers will not accept a message this large... "Pete Bennett" <pmb1@futu...

How to adjust the gutter size in Publisher
I am producing a book which will contain text and pictures. The total book size will be about 250 pages. I want to have pictures going across the full width of adjacent inside pages (eg pages 2 and 3). If I use Publisher, how can I adjust the gutter size so that it is correct when I bind the pages togetter ? Alternatively, how can I have a picture going across adjacent pages in a Word document (where I can adjust gutter size) ? On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:47:03 +0100, Stuart_m wrote (in article <B4B424F1-0CC7-40F8-929F-C574AE4A1CE5@microsoft.com>): > I am producing a book which...

"Find" window not opening in word 2007
I have an issue with the "find" window not opening. It seems to be only affecting one computer on xp. As the find function works on that document if I edit on another PC. I have already tried deleting the normal.dotm file. It worked once then back to same issue. When I select ctrl + f or actually click on the find button on the home tab, word seems to gray out as if the find window is open somewhere, but I can find it. This is completely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you start Word in Safe mode, then does it work? To start in Safe mode, hold C...

Exchange database size
My client's Exchange server database recently exploded in size. Since the handful of users in this small business use hosted POP3 and SMTP mail at their domain I'm surprised by this development. I see a few pc's have their inboxes in Exchange, the rest have mail in their local PST files. But in any event there's no way the emails of 5 users could be generating 40GB worth of space. Any suggestions on solving this would be helpful. Exchange fans please spare me the rant, I've heard it before. I just need to figure out a way to get Exchange out of the pictur...

Popup menus and windows move behind app window in XP
All first-level popup windows, whether they be right-click menus, "What's this" context popups, drop-down selection boxes, are disappearing behind the application window or dialog box being displayed a second or two after being displayed. This behavior is limited to Windows XP and never happens when out product is used with Windows 2000. Sometimes the windows do not disappear. When they do, it is only the portion of the window that overlays our application window or a dialog being displaying. It is as if the application window or dialog is being redrawn and the order o...

Windows SBS to Windows Server 2k3 Standard
Hey all, I am a n00b - and i have a couple questions: 1. Today I hit my 75 user/device limit on my SBS Server and ordered the Small Business Server transition kit, which i guess takes small business server and changes it to standard with exchange server. My question is right now i am using 2 servers - One is my Inhouse Domain Controller srvr01.company.local One is my Exchange Server that SBS 2003 is running on, srvr02.company-dmz.local I know that SBS likes to be the Primary Domain Controller, so that is why it is setup as a DMZ to only handle mail, and all of my remote employees connect ...

552 exchange: your message size exceeds maximum inbound size of 51
I have the following Problem: When a user wants to send an email with an attatchment bigger than 5MB via SMTP over the exchange server I get this error message back, sent by Sysadmin 552 exchange: your message size exceeds maximum inbound size of 5120 kilobytes I configured the message size for the smtp connector for 20MB, but I still get this message every time. When I send the same file through Exchange directly it works without any problems. forget it - i found the problem. It was the virus scanner... ...

Error re-installing Money 2007 Deluxe with Windows Vista
Since I installed Windows Vista, I have been unsuccesful in getting Money 2007 Deluxe to re-install. I keep getting the following errors: Setup cannot copy the file inv2007.ocx (I can direct it towards the source on the CD but it still gives me the error) If I continue, the same error comes up for mcmoney.dll, mscofd07.dll, myisam07.dll, msofd.dll, ocvt.dll, wlctrl10.dll, mnysetup.dll, obres.dll, mnymetal.dll, ofx.dll, rsalv.dll, rsntz.dll, surf.mar, and a host of others. Any suggestions or solutions? Which version of Vista? 32 or 64 bit. Try installing by using run as administrator...

RE: Try that corrective package for Windows
--tiwbfvjwcdejlhof Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aarazhqyfkobiof"; type="multipart/alternative" --aarazhqyfkobiof Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="plucknoeesosj" --plucknoeesosj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

Font sizes messed up
Certain font sizes in my Outlook screen are suddenly larger than they used to be, for no apparent reason. I've checked my Outlook settings (View|Current View|Customize Current View), and everything appears to be set at 8 points, but certain portions, such as message headers, appear much larger. Anyone else encounter this & have a fix? TIA, Andy Roe ...

how do i get outlook to open with microsoft exchange in windows 7
i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with this??? i need my microsoft exchange account to work. What is the error message you are getting? Mobius73 wrote: >i just got Windows 7 , and tried to install my microsoft office ...it >works...exept for outlook if i dont put my exchange account in its ok...if i >do.. the system tells me it cant open at all....anybody can help me with >this??? >...

Windows updates won't install
I am using a Windows XP Professional computer with service pack 3. When the update icon (yellow diamond) appeared in my systray I tried to install the following three updates: 1) Microsoft.Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417) 2) Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and >net Framework 2.0 Security Update for Windows 2000. Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) 3) Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Although the updates completed, app...

How to create a window which has title bar but being limited to move.
Hi experts! Could you tell me my question? I want to create a window that have title bar but being limited to move. How can I create such a window? Could you tell me the best approach? thanks. What do you mean by limited to move? If you want to prevent movement all together, remove the SC_MOVE menu item from the system menu of the window. CMenu *pMenu = GetSystemMenu(FALSE); pMenu->DeleteMenu(SC_MOVE,MF_BYCOMMAND); AliR. "momonga" <shiraish@kk.iij4u.or.jp> wrote in message news:1191950175.920260.283870@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi experts! > > Could...

increasing height of cells without decreasing size of data
probably a stupid question with an easy fix, but... When I increase the size of the cell height of all my cells, the whole spreadsheet shrinks down. It's driving me crazy, anybody know why? Hi What do you mean with "the whole spreadsheet shrinks down" Of course you see less rows in 1 screen, but you don't delete or lose rows, so to speak. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "joaniep" wrote: > probably a stupid question with an easy fix, but... > When I increase the size of the cell height of all my cells, the whole > sp...

Any phone dialers that integrate with Windows Live? or Outlook?
I want one program (is this called Contact Management?) where I can contact people by clicking an email link, IM (Skype, MSN, Yahoo) and most importantly phone dialing. In the same place I can click their email address I want to be able to click their phone number and have it dial. I will hear the dialing on my computer speakers because its using a phone modem (is USB best?). When they pick up I should be able to talk to them with the phone modem through the computer mic. If this isn't possible I'll have to pick up the phone and hang up the computer connection ...

Windows Realtime Extensions,...
Hi, we all know that Windows (mainstream variants) are not hard-realtime operating systems and under best conditions they can be named soft-realtime windows. But some software vendors sell products, including Windows components and software for user and kernel layer that will do realtime handling of interrupts. How can this software be rated and what vendors are reliable on that case? I do have experience with VxWorks and some other "real" raltime OS'es but no windows (embedded) or stuff like that. Are these realtime extensions for windows really reliable and are they...