Why am I getting errors and problems with new e-mail client

"Message number 4 could not be retrieved. Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com
(1)', Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800420CD"

NOTE:  I get one of above errors for each mssage for number 4 through 11 and
the one below is the last in the list.

"Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com (1)', Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"

I have CA Internet Security Suite 2007 and as best I can determine, all
e-mail filtering is off.  On top of the above problems I keep getting
redundant copies of the same e-mail over and over.

That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there=20
by date, delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one=20
more (the 4th one). Then try Windows Mail again.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"toad6147" <jmanning002@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message =
> "Message number 4 could not be retrieved. Account: =
'pop-server.cfl.rr.com=20
> (1)', Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server =
Response: '',=20
> Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:=20
> 0x800420CD"
>=20
> NOTE:  I get one of above errors for each mssage for number 4 through =
11 and=20
> the one below is the last in the list.
>=20
> "Account: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com (1)', Server: =
'pop-server.cfl.rr.com',=20
> Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, =
Server=20
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90"
>=20
> I have CA Internet Security Suite 2007 and as best I can determine, =
all=20
> e-mail filtering is off.  On top of the above problems I keep getting=20
> redundant copies of the same e-mail over and over.
0
Gary

POST or GET?

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

WCF Client serialization problem

New Implementation

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem