when clicking on sync, network disconnects & wants to redial

in windows 7, windows live mail version 2009... just changed browser from
Internet Explorer to Firefox... now my live mail has a tendency to disconnect
the existing network connection and redials... sometimes keeps doing that.
Does not automatically go get my new messages like it used to.  So if i sync,
it disconnects and redials a new connection?

Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection.
What does it show for connection?
You should leave that setting unselected, in which case Windows Live Mail
will use whatever connection IE uses.

Also, under Tools, Options, Connection, the first box should be checked,
and the second box unchecked.

If all that checks out, but you still have the problem, the account may be corrupted.
Delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jano"  wrote in message news:ADE9FFFE-B619-415C-81A3-35F106E7BC07@microsoft.com...

in windows 7, windows live mail version 2009... just changed browser from
Internet Explorer to Firefox... now my live mail has a tendency to disconnect
the existing network connection and redials... sometimes keeps doing that.
Does not automatically go get my new messages like it used to.  So if i sync,
it disconnects and redials a new connection?

0
Gary

Do not want address suggestions
Hi, When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How can I stop them? Regards > When typing a letter in the To-field Outlook lists used addresses, > also addresses not in the Contacts. I do not want these suggestions. How > can I stop them? Tools - Options - E-mail Options - Advanced E-mail Options -Suggest names while completing the To, Cc, and Bcc fields -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP Thank you F.H.! "F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet ne...

Error
Any help appreciated I suspect this has something to do with either permissions and/or excel setting but ... HTML (or CSV) file is saved to network share Attempt to open this file using Excel ( 2000 or XP ) and get information (i) error message "The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." If file is saved to local drive, there is no problem opening this file from within Excel How can we open this file direct from Excel? ...

Autofit in excel
Everyonce in a while, when I autofit text in excel I get extra space before or after the text. There are no extra spaces in the text and I don't see any formatting issues which would create the extra space. Hi is this a merged cell? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "seezzell" <seezzell@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8EAE2A6D-4A37-4F23-9503-7A72D868562A@microsoft.com... > Everyonce in a while, when I autofit text in excel I get extra space before > or after the text. There are no extra spaces in the text and I don't see any >...

Want to setup a Table of contents from text in a Table
1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, then the whole row's formatting change to that specific Style. or 2. The program put some other text into the table of contents that I have not mark Hope someone will help me. Thanks Answered in the Tables group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Es" <Es@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D73B7F9-08BA-4876-A362-CA09056EC229@microsoft.com... > 1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, > then the whole row's forma...

How does EWS v3.0.4 sync Notes and Tasks with Exchange 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange According to the blurb on the new EWS v3.0.4, Entourage can now use Exchange based Notes and Tasks (yahoo!!). We're using Exchange 2007 with rollup v7.0 and EWS v3.0.4, but still can't work out HOW to get the Exchange based Notes and Tasks. <br> Using EWS, I can see the two folders inside the Exchange account, hut how are they actually mounted or accessed? This information is not noted anywhere in the 3.0.4 release notes, Entourage help etc I think I've found the answ...

I want my subform to stay in the Form view.
How do I keep my subform from reverting back to Datasheet view after exiting? I want the users to see Form view only at all times. Nicole Read as Jacky wrote (sorry for mistyping reference)... Maurice "Jackie L" wrote: > Nicole, > On your form Properties, Default View, you should have either Single Form or > Continuous Forms (not Datasheet). > > Hope this helps. > Jackie > > "Nicole" wrote: > > > How do I keep my subform from reverting back to Datasheet view after exiting? > > I want the users to see Form view only at all ...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine.
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer "Sameer" <mohdibaad@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124215324.948517.117220 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook C...

How do I "Double-click" only using the keyboard?
I want to be able to click through a cell to the referenced cell without having to reach for my mouse, put the cursor in the cell, and double-click. I want to be able to hit a keyboard shortcut, and have excel take me to the referenced cell. Is this possible? Can you give an example? I'm confused as to what you're exactly trying to accomplish. "mmrosek" wrote: > I want to be able to click through a cell to the referenced cell without > having to reach for my mouse, put the cursor in the cell, and double-click. > I want to be able to hit a keyboard shortcu...

I need a border for a wanted poster
I am trying to make a wanted flyer I need a border that looks burnt or is old looking Create a rectangle, fill, fill effects, textures, the papyrus fill looks old. There is a frame on the clipart site you could ungroup and color with the papyrus fill, delete the cowboy. Input SL00032_.wmf http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "comsitwthme" <comsitwthme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA60B0A0-187E-494F-BDC8-142582ED9326@microsoft.co...

layering logo can't remove white box only lines and text wanted
when trying to place my logo ontop of a background I can't get rid of white box it is in... Only want black lines and text in logo to show with back ground showing through all white areas. Tried following transparent setting info. ... didn't work. Is the logo a bitmap, i.e., .jpg, .tif, bmp, .gif? If it is a .wmf, ungroup it and delete the white box or select no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sschmitz" <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E6DA9E-117D-4226-9D0...

Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons
My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I click To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. "Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:704AD8A0-D531-41ED-9FD8-9273F90E4F2D@microsoft.com... > My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in > Outlook > and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I > click > To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. Version of Outlook? How did you transfer y...

Want to put range values in a column into two columns
In an excel spreadsheet I have a column with range values like 10MM-24.9MM. What I want to do is split that column into two columns: Minimum and Maximum. In my example minimum will have a value of 10 and maximum will have a value of 24.9, just want to have numeric values. How can I do this ? I am not an excel expert, I will appreciate if someone can tell me the steps to do this. I am sorry if this is a very simple question for this group. Hi Arch! Set up two helper columns and use the following formula assuming your first entry is in A1: =LEFT(A1,FIND("M",A1)-1) =LEFT(MID(A1,FIND...

Help
Just upgraded to 2.0. When I try to sync to my newly created local offline databases I get the following error: Run-time error - 2147217900 (80040e14) SQL server blocked access to STATEMENT "open Rowset/Open Satasource" of component 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' because this component is turned off as part of the security configuration for this server. A system administrator can enable the use of 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' by using sp_configure. For more information about enabling 'Ad Hoc Distributed Queries' , see "Surface Are Configuration...

Need to reinstall and want to make things as EASY as possible with OL2002
Sorry for the cross post, I just need an answer FAST as my system is dying! I have a system I need to reinstall the OS on (Win XP prof) and I have OL 2002. I have many email accounts, several PSTs and a bunch of rules. How can I "back up" export etc the data for the accounts? If OL won't let me do this, can I export the reg keys and then reimport them in the new install? What are the reg keys? Thanks Bruce "Bruccce" <bpj@connecting4income.com> wrote in message news:bCN5b.264663$cF.83164@rwcrnsc53... > Sorry for the cross post, I just need an answer FAST ...

"All Accounts" send/receive will NOT sync Hotmail
I have a profile with one Exchange Server account (using .ost file) and one Hotmail account. The problem is that Hotmail will not sync. I am using the standard "All Accounts" send/receive group, set to sync every 5 minutes when online, both accounts included in "Send/receive (F9)" for both online and offline. In the "All Accounts" group I have these settings for the Hotmail account: - Checked "Send mail items" - Checked "Inbox" (download complete item including descriptions) - Checked "Junk Mail" (download item description only) Yet...

Field shows up blank but actually has value in it when clicked
I imported data into customised fields, and when viewing the list of accounts across fields, I see all data except for one field, which show as blank. When i double-click to open up more detail for any account, the field in question shows a numeric value (as it should). How can i make this value show up in the normal accounts view? ...

Help me ! I want to create two or more functions work in one cell.
I want to create two or more functions to works in one cell, respectively: IF(AND(B5=B21,A5=A22),SUM(C5),"") and IF(AND(B5=B21,A6=A22),SUM(C6),"") Independently they work but when I�m ordering one by one in sell appears FEALS. I tried to apply before OR , IF(OR �. , but something�s wrong. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com One way: =(B5=B21)*((A5=A22)*C5 + (A6=A22)*C6) In article <506CF7B1FC9F0@OfficeKB.com>, "peter via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote: > I want to create two or more functions to works in one cell...

click send no worky but alt+s worky...WHY!??!?! Outlook 2003
This is a current issue for many people here. They will click send in outlook 2003 and nothing happens, click send a few dozen times and it will eventually usually react, prompt for spell check etc and go out. But hit ALT S the first time send doesn't work and it goes without a problem. These are emails with and without attachments, in rich text, html, plan text - doesn't seem to matter. Anyone else seen this, know why this happens, how to resolve it? Thanks! Scott ...

Can Money 2006 Sync with Canadian banks now?
Hello I know that previous versions of Money was not able to sync with Canadian banks directly, but now Quicken is able to do it. So does Money 2006 is able to do it? Also, what is the difference between Money Canadian version and regular one. I can see in the canadian version you don't have the small business option & all. Thanks in advance. Canadian versions of Money have been able to download transactions from accounts with the major Canadian Banks for years. However, for the investment companies that I deal with, I have to enter my transactions manually. I know that...

Sync archives on laptop and desktop
I have a desktop system and a laptop, both running Outlook 2003 with an exchange server. After receiving my laptop I copied to it my Archive.pst from the desktop. But over the past several weeks the archives on each computer have diverged in content. Is it possible to easily synchronize them, in much the same way I might sync a PDA? i.e. A memo present in both archives which I later delete from the desktop archive, gets deleted from the laptop upon sync. And similarly, when working on the desktop or the latop, memos moved to the arcive in one, get similarly synchronized to the ...

Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service/memory hog
As of recent my computer has been real sluggish, so I opened up task manager and found that Windows Media Player network sharing was the source of my problem. It is using over 50% of my 3 gigs of memory. I just recently installed Windows 7 and don't recall this being a problem in the past. I have media player setup to share all of my media over my network, but none of my other devices are on. Is it unknowingly sharing media on a P2P basis? If so how can I correct this feature? Media player is literally crippling my computer with all of it's memory usage. ...

my pc want boot from the hard drive, also my CDROM does not work
Someone please help!! My CDROM player got slower and slower then stopped altogether, what makes matters worse is that when I 'boot up'/re-start etc I am asked for a CD for boot up? I then have to press 'control/alt/delete' and then the pc boots from the hard disk, I have been into the set up and the 'boot from' list always defaults to the 'CDROM' as the first boot device, I keep changing it but it defaults back to the CDROM. I also have various files missing and I am unable to install printers etc from internet driver software downloads ie, I am a...

Sales for Outlook not working
Our MS CRM calendar will sync with sales for outlook but not the other way around. When I enter an appointment in SFO and go online\offline it does not go to the CRM calendar. Any Ideas? How was the appointment created? Via the normal Outlook appointment or by using the CRM Apporintment button? A std Outlook appt wil not synch with CRM. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 22 Oct 2004 14:11:35 -0700, joseph_nelson@glic.com (Joseph) wrote: Our MS CRM calendar will sync with sales for outlook but not the other...

Outlook 2002 offline sync to .OST not working
I have seen many posts around sync problems but none that have this precise error. Background: Using Windows 98 client / Outlook 2002 / Exchange 5.5. Created .OST file with all folders - no errors downloading address book ..OST is 200meg - appropriate size for mailbox Issue: With pc still hooked to network can select 'work offline' mode and access the .OST without any problems. With pc not hooked to the network, select 'work offline' mode and receive the following error: "Cannot start Microsoft outlook you must connect to your Microsoft Exchange server computer with the ...

Screen Jumps when trying to Double click/ Edit cells or Page Breaks
I am running Excel 11.1 on a Powerbokk G4 In Page Break View I have a Table that is about 400 or so rows, I am continually adding and deleting rows. When i Double click, copy, paste, insert or delete any cells or rows or try to move a pagebreak the screen jumps/scrolls up like 50 rows... I tried to copy the table into another worksheet and it works for a little while but eventually the problem comes back. Any ideas on why this happens? Thanks Brad ...