What does Sync mean in windows live mail?

What does Sync mean in windows live mail?
0
Bob

Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message news:eFymNJjoKHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> What does Sync mean in windows live mail?
-1
winston
1/31/2010 6:05:18 AM
What an unbelievable decision.  Why change the informative and logical
"Send/Receive Mail" in favour of an obscure bit of computer-speak?

Bert

0
Bert
1/31/2010 8:22:48 AM
"Bert Coules" <mal@bertcoules.co.uk> wrote in message
> What an unbelievable decision.  Why change the informative and logical
> "Send/Receive Mail" in favour of an obscure bit of computer-speak?
>
> Bert

Because it does more than just send and receive mail.  It also syncs
all your Live info with the info stored on your computer
such as contacts, favorites, calendar, etc.

Tom Lake

0
Tom
1/31/2010 9:41:34 AM
Thank You.  The help refers to sync but did not explain what it did.  I did
not want to do anything that I did not understand.  Thanks again.
Bob

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
> What does Sync mean in windows live mail?

0
Bob
1/31/2010 4:27:55 PM
Hi Bert. Taking into consideration all the technical operations being
performed inside the pc we can in the future expect to be presented for a lot
of strange new words. But in the past it has always been profitable to
complicate simple things. Renaming send/receive Sync is just a gimmick to
hype the product.

"Bert Coules" wrote:

> What an unbelievable decision.  Why change the informative and logical
> "Send/Receive Mail" in favour of an obscure bit of computer-speak?
>
> Bert
>
> .

Favorites(in the sense they are contacts) as opposed to IE Favorites.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Tom Lake" <toml_12953@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:26DB985F-3478-4252-9BD2-C6000680FF7D@microsoft.com...

> "Bert Coules" <mal@bertcoules.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What an unbelievable decision.  Why change the informative and logical
>> "Send/Receive Mail" in favour of an obscure bit of computer-speak?
>>
>> Bert
>
> Because it does more than just send and receive mail.  It also syncs
> all your Live info with the info stored on your computer
> such as contacts, favorites, calendar, etc.
>
> Tom Lake

0
winston
2/1/2010 9:04:33 AM
You're welcome <generic response encompassing everyone>

Assuming you're responding to someone else in this thread and not yourself :)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message news:eiC0hJpoKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Thank You.  The help refers to sync but did not explain what it did.  I did
> not want to do anything that I did not understand.  Thanks again.
> Bob
>
> "Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
>> What does Sync mean in windows live mail?

0
winston
2/1/2010 9:06:33 AM
"Nikolaj.2" <Nikolaj2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bert. Taking into consideration all the technical operations being
> performed inside the pc we can in the future expect to be presented for a
> lot of strange new words. But in the past it has always been profitable
> to complicate simple things. Renaming send/receive Sync is just a gimmick
> to hype the product.

I'd disagree with that. I've already mentioned the confusion caused in OE
by having two different functions called 'Send', one in a compose window
and the other in the main screen. It's surely a good idea to give them
different names, although I'm not sure MS got it right this time, either.

There is also the fact that sync(hronize) is much more than just
send/receive in an SMTP/POP sense. The whole Live universe is built around
the idea of 'being in sync' - with other people, documents, communications
and so on, wherever you happen to be. In WLMail, Sync particularly applies
to HTTP accounts, where the idea is that what you see in your local client
reflects what is also visible on the web - incoming and outgoing messages,
contacts and calendar events - and vice versa. It would have been lunacy to
have one set of tools for this aspect of the program and another for POP
accounts only.

There are people who still call a refrigerator an icebox. They may have the
same function as far as the user is concerned, but the former is a far more
advanced piece of equipment than the latter.
--
Noel

> "Bert Coules" wrote:
>
>> What an unbelievable decision.  Why change the informative and logical
>> "Send/Receive Mail" in favour of an obscure bit of computer-speak?

0
Ildhund

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Window Redirection?

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

going live and outlook
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy synchronization in outlook ! exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ > > If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy > synchronization in outlook ! Sounds like a scheme to add additional license fees on top of what one already pays. -- Brian Tillman Its up to the company to charge additional costs. I believe that msn has some margin to sacrifice from its profit margin for the sake of future profits. People use computers, at ho...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Active Directory , Windows 2003 SBS to Windows 2008 SBS
Hello! I've got a little issue here. I work for a company and we are getting a new Intelserver. Now the problem is we've got an 32bit windows 2003 small business server with an Active Directory (and sql). And we are getting a Windows 2008 Small business server 64bit. Is there any possible way to ''Transfer'' ''Move'' or ''Copy'' the Active Directory to his new server without changing, removing or adding any data. I really need to be sure that nothing goes wrong cause 25 people are working on it everyday (Ofcourse i have a...

Outlook 98 Crashes in Windows NT
I have a few Windows NT machines that Outlook 98 crashes on with a Dr. Watson error - almost always when the user is typing an e-mail. I have tried re-installing, creating a new outlook profile, and replacing various files related to Outlook 98, but nothing seems to work. It is very important to note that I have many other users who have Windows NT and Outlook 98 on our network that do not have a problem at all. Can anyone decipher the Dr. Watson error message below? Thanks in advance. Microsoft (R) Windows NT (TM) Version 4.00 DrWtsn32 Copyright (C) 1985-1996 Microsoft Corp. All rights r...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...