Weird scrolling problem with folders

I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to
the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I
have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it
Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I
expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on
it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of
items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of
folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have to have
enough accounts and folders so that the scroll bar is activated and you can
scroll up and down.
0
Zootal

Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
scrolling?

How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
make any difference how you scroll?

What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Zootal" <nospam@spam.zootal.nospam.com> wrote in message
> I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and
> scrolling to
> the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list
> ( I
> have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it
> Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When
> expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and
> click on
> it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple
> of
> items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a
> bunch of
> folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have to
> have
> enough accounts and folders so that the scroll bar is activated and
> you can
> scroll up and down.

0
Michael
1/15/2010 11:03:20 PM
If I drag scroll bar with the mouse, it moves the list up and down as
expected. This doesn't change the currently selected folder, which is
probably why it acts normal. If I use the arrow buttons on the scroll bar,
and the last item is selected, the list jumps so that the last item is no
longer visible. It is as if it wants the second or third item from the
bottom to be the last visible item, as that is where it keeps jumping to.

The third item from the bottom is a folder with a ton of archived stuff in
it. If I expand it, then I don't observe this behavior and the list works
perfectly normal. If I contract it, then I get this weird list jumping. So
it definitely isn't all the time, and seems to only occur when I arrow down
using the keyboard arrow keys, or click the last folder with the mouse.

"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in

> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
> scrolling?
>
> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
> make any difference how you scroll?
>
> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

0
Zootal
1/15/2010 11:17:34 PM
What version of WLMail are you using?
Help, About
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

> If I drag scroll bar with the mouse, it moves the list up and down as
> expected. This doesn't change the currently selected folder, which is
> probably why it acts normal. If I use the arrow buttons on the scroll bar,
> and the last item is selected, the list jumps so that the last item is no
> longer visible. It is as if it wants the second or third item from the
> bottom to be the last visible item, as that is where it keeps jumping to.
>
> The third item from the bottom is a folder with a ton of archived stuff in
> it. If I expand it, then I don't observe this behavior and the list works
> perfectly normal. If I contract it, then I get this weird list jumping. So
> it definitely isn't all the time, and seems to only occur when I arrow
> down
> using the keyboard arrow keys, or click the last folder with the mouse.
>
> "Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in
>
>> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
>> scrolling?
>>
>> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
>> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
>> make any difference how you scroll?
>>
>> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
>> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
>> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
>> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

0
Ron
1/16/2010 12:03:08 AM
"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in news:#Zm5L9jlKHA.5568
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> What version of WLMail are you using?
> Help, About

Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)
0
Zootal
1/16/2010 12:28:49 AM
"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in

> Is the problem happening when you click on the folder or while you are
> scrolling?
>
> How are you scrolling?  Using the mouse wheel, dragging the scroll bar
> or clicking the down arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar?   Does it
> make any difference how you scroll?
>
> What I notice is that when I scroll to the bottom of the folder list, I
> get one blank entry below the bottom folder.  Then when I click on any
> folder, the list jumps down one entry so that that last storage folder
> is now at the bottom of the window without any blank entry.

FWIW, I fixed the problem. I added three dummy folders to the bottom of the
list. It still scrolls up, hiding the bottom folders, but since they are
empty it doesn't bother me ;)
0
Zootal

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Outlook 2003

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

insufficient privilege to control the folder
Hello, Has anyone seen anything like this before? A short time ago my Outlook INBOX suddenly became empty. I had clicked on an email to delete it. When I attempted to delete it said that I had insufficient privilege to control the folder. Then all emails disappeared. Email still comes in but I can't find all the other email I had in my INBOX in the deleted items or any other folder. Thanks, Dan ...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

Public folder and subfolders
Is there a way to have public folder client permissions propogate to subfolders either automatically or manually? I have several public folders I am making for different departments. I would like to give the individual departments access to the public folder and it's subfolders by using exchange 2003's mail enabled security groups. Example: Accounting Calendar Tasks Contacts The way it is working now I need to setup the subfolders permissions separately from the main folder if I created them before applying permissions to the main folder. the pfdavadmin tool is great for p...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

Connect to my Skydrive Folders from Word 2007
I have installed the MS Office Live Add-in so that I can open and save documents directly to my Office Live folders from within Word 2007. I would like to do the same with my Skydrive but can't seem to connect to it from within Word 2007. ...

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

Reports and sub-reports problems
Dear Sirs,I have a report with 4 sub-reports.How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.Can someone help?ThanksKlaus I just realized. It's not due to being a subreport - it's already showing on the normal report triple data. It was not before and I did not change anything. I hope that someone can help me.Thanks Klaus"Amateur" wrote:> Dear Sirs,> I have a report with 4 sub-reports.> How can it be that 2 sub-reports are showing the data triple.> Can someone help?> Thanks> Klaus...