View Emails without password

Hello
I would like to know if there is a way to not be able to view emails without
password.
Let me explain. Even if I cancel during the presentation of the login
password, the messages are visible. This is not the safest.

In what way do you think it is not safe?
The initial sign-in is only for enabling the optional Windows Live =
features.

If your computer has multiple users, log out of your profile (Winkey+L)=20
when you finish using the computer.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"krist52" <krist52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hello=20
> I would like to know if there is a way to not be able to view emails =
without=20
> password.=20
> Let me explain. Even if I cancel during the presentation of the login=20
> password, the messages are visible. This is not the safest.
0
Gary

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CAE0C6.4CC78110

The safest route is always having a separate Windows logon name to =
Windows for each user and with a good password.=20
Logoff after use.

--=20
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail
  "krist52" <krist52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Hello=20
  I would like to know if there is a way to not be able to view emails =
without=20
  password.=20
  Let me explain. Even if I cancel during the presentation of the login=20
  password, the messages are visible. This is not the safest.
------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CAE0C6.4CC78110

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6002.18226" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The safest route is always having a separate Windows =
logon=20
name to Windows for each user and with a good password. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Logoff after use.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>&nbsp; ...winston<BR>&nbsp; ms-mvp mail</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"krist52" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:krist52@discussions.microsoft.com">krist52@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:C4843A48-D58F-45E8-94AD-6DE80E6BC79B@microsoft.com">news:C48=
43A48-D58F-45E8-94AD-6DE80E6BC79B@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Hello=20
  <BR>I would like to know if there is a way to not be able to view =
emails=20
  without <BR>password. <BR>Let me explain. Even if I cancel during the=20
  presentation of the login <BR>password, the messages are visible. This =
is not=20
  the safest.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01CAE0C6.4CC78110--

0
winston

Outlook not saving passwords? Try this
I am using XP Pro. Go to Control Panel Open Administrative Tools Open Services Find "Protected Storage" and double click it Change Startup Type' to "Automatic". Then click Start button. Close all windows and try the outlook again. ...

how do i view my receipt in outlook
Having sent an email in outlook requesting a receipt when i have opened the aforementioned message after i know it has been opened no notification is recieved please help> David David wrote: > Having sent an email in outlook requesting a receipt when i have > opened the aforementioned message after i know it has been opened no > notification is recieved please help> > David So you sent yourself a message requesting a read receipt? Or you sent someone else a message and requested a read receipt? You can't control whether they grant the request or not....a lot of peopl...

Do I have to have a password in entourage?

SFO without msde?
Is there a way to use the Sales for Outlook user interface without the msde database that is downloaded locally? I'd like to get some of the SFO functionality with Terminal Services/Citrix, but I understand the geniuses at Microsoft wrote CRM to use only one msde instance per computer. Hi Michael: You are correct and we are struggling with the same thing. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to use the core of the SFO objects in a Citrix environment. Not having the MSDE component would rule-out going off-line, but our (potential) client is ok with that as long as they can ...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

Password on access
Hi!! I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of the data. I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only one computer... Does someone know how to do this? Thank u very much!!! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:34:02 -0700, Yael <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi!! >I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I >want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of >the data. &...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...

No ActiveX for viewing Web Portal
How do people without ActiveX access the web portal? The web portal seems to use ActiveX which is NOT an industry standard and as such locks out our users using alternative browsers. Also, due to the recent JPG Steganography exploit, the javascript exploit, CERT/Dept of Homeland Security telling people to not use IE and Microsoft itself saying to set security levels to the highest setting thus disabling ActiveX, we cannot use ActiveX or view it without becoming vulnerable. This is vitally important especially considering the latest JPG steganography exploit (as well as the continuous ...

Old home page in website view FrontPage 2002
I have FrontPage 2002. I reworked my whole website although the home page had a few changes. Everything seemed to remained linked correctly, the browser preview was perfect, published fine, but now my online website view shows the old home page. If I navigate to the other pages, they are the new versions. If I navigate back to home page from any of the other pages, I get the new home page. Where is this old home page coming from? It's not to be found in the navigation view. I've attempted some things like publishing the whole thing (rather than separate pages), emptying t...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

Clear cell value without macro?
Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or the workbook opened without using a macro? Ed Click on the cell and press the <delete> key. Is this what you mean? Pete On Dec 9, 1:44=A0pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > the workbook opened without using a macro? > > Ed > On Dec 9, 1:44 pm, Ed from AZ wrote: > > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > > the workbook opened without using a macro? On Dec 9, 7:02=A0a...

Set default "Sent Item Folder" when sending an email from Word
Hi i have 2 email account set up in Outlook 2007, on POP3 account and an IMAP account. Outlook is configured to store sent items in the Sent Items Folder of my IMAP account. When i send an email from Word 2007 (as an attachment) it is saved in Sent Items Folder of my POP3 account; it can be changed while in the email document, Options, and there changing the defualt Sent Item Folder to "default" (checked); once i do that the message is saved in the correct folder (IMAP account) otherwise it is saved in the POP3 account. Is there a way to set this option as defult? to h...

Potential Identity loss issue with hidden email addresses in Excel!
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. The sheet I received was a reworking in Excel (not sure which version) of one of mine that was from a fresh, new OpenOffice spreadsheet I had emailed earlier. No sign of the embedding in my OO 'sheet, whether viewed in OO or in Excel 2000. It seems to have crept in on her mach...

Stored Network passwords
Hello all, It appears when I try to store net passwords for a particular path and provide the correct credentials,(ie \\server\share) those credentials are used for every other network location (ie. \\server\share1) that I specify. I thought that the point of stored passwords is that you can specify different ones based on location. These are UNC paths for which I am specifying. Any thoughts... TIA, Altria "Altria" <urbantec92@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23MEYKXsZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > It appears when I try t...

Can't send email to our domain...
Hi -- We have a client who says they can't send email to us. Can someone decode this message for me? I asked him for the bounced message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: PBen@mydomain.com on 8/10/2005 8:02 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> sounds like h...

duplicate emails #21
I went on a 5 day vacation last week when I returned and checked my emails I have gotten apprx 40,000 so far it keeps repeating them, does anyone know how I can make this stop, for 3 days I have been dealing with this. Thanks ...