Unable to send emails via Windows Live Mail

Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never been
able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto this
particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it is
very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'testing'
Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port numbers
as suggested, but have not had any luck. i also use a hotmail account through
windows live mail and am able to send and receive mail through that assount
without any problems.

Please Help
Thanks
Angel

Have you checked this out:
http://support.iprimus.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=8&Itemid=207 :

"If you wish to send with your iPrimus e-mail address when you are on a
non-iPrimus Internet connection, then you have to set authentication up in
your e-mail client."

The "Servers" tab (tools/accounts/properties/servers) is the most important.
If you're receiving mail using WLM from that account OK, then just check
the box at the bottom "my server requires..." to authenticate the smpt
connection. If that doesn't work, it looks like you need to contact iprimus
and get instructions for setting up the smtp server.

"Angelstreak" <Angelstreak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never
> been
> able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto
> this
> particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it
> is
> very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is:
>
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'testing'
> Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port
> numbers
> as suggested, but have not had any luck. i also use a hotmail account
> through
> windows live mail and am able to send and receive mail through that
> assount
> without any problems.
>
> Please Help
> Thanks
> Angel

0
Ronc
7/31/2010 10:17:44 AM
Your ISP is blocking of SMTP port 25 to other services, which is very
common and becoming more common every day.

And it appears that Primus doesn't support alternate SMTP ports.

So you will only be able to send via the Primus SMTP mail server if you
connect to the Internet via them.

As another poster noted, Primus does support SMTP Authentication.  So
Primus will allow connection via other ISPs, but without also supporting
an alternate SMTP port, that's pretty worthless.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Angelstreak" <Angelstreak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never
> been
> able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged
> onto this
> particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but
> it is
> very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is:
>
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'testing'
> Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10060
>
> i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port
> numbers
> as suggested, but have not had any luck. i also use a hotmail account
> through
> windows live mail and am able to send and receive mail through that
> assount
> without any problems.
>
> Please Help
> Thanks
> Angel

0
Michael
7/31/2010 8:54:31 PM
Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. When you got that error
message, was your Internet connection being obtained from
iprimus.com.au?

If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner of
the SMTP server you are using must be the same as the entity providing
your Internet connection at that moment. For more on this anti-spamming issue see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The available workarounds when sending away from home are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask your home ISP if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. If you use the same away-from-home connection frequently,
substitute the SMTP server belonging to that connection. This is a bit
tricky, but if you want to go that route, I can provide more details.
4. If you frequently send from multiple locations, get a free Gmail account,
configure it for POP access, set it up in Windows Mail, and use that for
your sending chores. Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, which is not blocked
like port 25 is.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Angelstreak"  wrote in message news:4D11EBD0-75BE-4A20-8C27-ECF38B4A05A1@microsoft.com...

Hi, i have been using windows live mail for a while now and have never been
able to send anything from one of my email accounts, I have logged onto this
particulay email account as webmail and am able to send that way, but it is
very inconvenient. thi error message i keep getting is:

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'testing'
Server: 'smtp.iprimus.com.au'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

i have read through several other posts and tried changing the port numbers
as suggested, but have not had any luck. i also use a hotmail account through
windows live mail and am able to send and receive mail through that assount
without any problems.

Please Help
Thanks
Angel

0
Gary

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Unable to delete empty database