transfering mail from Outlook to my new windows live

I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have windows live for my emails and
calendar. How do i tranfer the information on my old computer to my new one.
I have outlook on the old computer and want to transfer the emails and
calndar info to the new computer. how do I do this?  can i do this?

With windows 7, because there is so many bells and whistles, I bought
Windows 7 Bible by Jim Boyce. Although it costs $40.00 it is well worth it.
Your question is answered in detail in the book.

--
kdfletcher@snet.net

"rodsandmegs" <rodsandmegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have windows live for my emails and
> calendar. How do i tranfer the information on my old computer to my new
> one.
> I have outlook on the old computer and want to transfer the emails and
> calndar info to the new computer. how do I do this?  can i do this?

0
Kenneth
6/30/2010 12:57:56 PM
The Windows Live Mail (WLM) program cannot import a PST file from the
Office Outlook program.

You have several choices.  All of them require that you have a working
version of Outlook and that the desired PST file is active in Outlook.

1) If you have Windows XP, you can import from Outlook into Outlook
Express  (OE) and then import from Outlook Express into WLM.

2) If you have Windows Vista you can import from Outlook into Windows
Mail (WM) and then import from WM into WLM.

3) Install the Outlook Connector and upload the messages to a Hotmail
account then in WLM setup the same Hotmail account
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003/2007/2010 Hotmail Connector overview
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

4) How to Use IMAP to Move Messages
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311129
If you have access to an IMAP mail account, the procedure outlined above
will work between any 2 mail clients that support IMAP, regardless of
operating system.  Both AOL/AIM and Gmail offer free IMAP accounts.

Of the above options, I believe #3 is the only one that would let you
transfer your calendar.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"rodsandmegs" <rodsandmegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have windows live for my emails
> and
> calendar. How do i tranfer the information on my old computer to my
> new one.
> I have outlook on the old computer and want to transfer the emails and
> calndar info to the new computer. how do I do this?  can i do this?

0
Michael
6/30/2010 8:30:17 PM
#3. Doesn't transfer the Outlook Calendar.  The presence of the Outlook =
Hotmail Connector(installed on OL03/07/10) allows Outlook=20
to view either calendar..they remain separate. Data can be copied =
between calendars in Outlook***

To transfer an Outlook calendar, publish to the web as an ics file which =
permits a Live ID at Calendar.live.com to subscribe or=20
import the file...once done, that calendar data*** will be accessible =
via that(and only that) same Live ID in WLM.

*** less some data- not all Outlook calendar fields are available in a =
Live Calendar

--
....winston
MS-MVP[Mail]

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D311129
If you have access to an IMAP mail account, the procedure outlined above
will work between any 2 mail clients that support IMAP, regardless of
operating system.  Both AOL/AIM and Gmail offer free IMAP accounts.

Of the above options, I believe #3 is the only one that would let you
transfer your calendar.

--=20

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"rodsandmegs" <rodsandmegs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just upgraded to windows 7 and have windows live for my emails =
and
> calendar. How do i tranfer the information on my old computer to my =
new one.
> I have outlook on the old computer and want to transfer the emails and
> calndar info to the new computer. how do I do this?  can i do this?

0
winston

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

New Implementation

Attaching Contacts to new email

New to excel

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

New Record