Text Very Small When Replying

I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does
one set the default size?
No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back
to the smallest size when
I do another reply.
Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!

James

0
JamesJ

Are you using stationery?

Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,.......
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
> I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how
> does one set the default size?
> No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back
> to the smallest size when
> I do another reply.
> Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!
>
> James

0
Ron
12/25/2009 1:27:10 AM
No.

James

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> Are you using stationery?
>
> Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,.......
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how
>> does one set the default size?
>> No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts
>> back to the smallest size when
>> I do another reply.
>> Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!
>>
>> James

0
JamesJ
12/25/2009 2:22:49 AM
Are you composing in HTML or plain text?
Does the problem only occur when replying, or also when starting a
new email message?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message =
> I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how =
does=20
> one set the default size?
> No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts =
back=20
> to the smallest size when
> I do another reply.
> Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!
>=20
> James=20

0
Gary
12/25/2009 5:45:21 AM
Mail is HTML
Hmm. The small text is only present when I reply to a sender.
New Mail has the larger text.

James

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Are you composing in HTML or plain text?
> Does the problem only occur when replying, or also when starting a
> new email message?

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how
>> does
>> one set the default size?
>> No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts
>> back
>> to the smallest size when
>> I do another reply.
>> Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!
>>
>> James

0
JamesJ
12/25/2009 11:07:54 AM
Click on the text.  Ctrl + A,  change the font size.
--

> Mail is HTML
> Hmm. The small text is only present when I reply to a sender.
> New Mail has the larger text.
>
> James
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Are you composing in HTML or plain text?
>> Does the problem only occur when replying, or also when starting a
>> new email message?
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how
>>> does
>>> one set the default size?
>>> No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts
>>> back
>>> to the smallest size when
>>> I do another reply.
>>> Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text!
>>>
>>> James

0
Ron
12/25/2009 11:27:39 AM
There's no way to set the default text size?

> Click on the text.  Ctrl + A,  change the font size.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> Mail is HTML
>> Hmm. The small text is only present when I reply to a sender.
>> New Mail has the larger text.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Are you composing in HTML or plain text?
>>> Does the problem only occur when replying, or also when starting a
>>> new email message?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>>

>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message

0
JamesJ
12/25/2009 1:02:49 PM
I thought that the 'default' when replying was that of the message that was
being replied to. That is, the reply uses the template of the replied
message unless it is overridden by the writer of the reply.

Michael

> There's no way to set the default text size?
>
> James
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> Click on the text.  Ctrl + A,  change the font size.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>>> Mail is HTML
>>> Hmm. The small text is only present when I reply to a sender.
>>> New Mail has the larger text.
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
Michael
12/25/2009 1:15:05 PM
No. When I click reply and start to type (Emails only) the text is the
smallest size that is available which is different than the text in the
original message. That text appears to be 10 pt.

James

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
> I thought that the 'default' when replying was that of the message that
> was being replied to. That is, the reply uses the template of the replied
> message unless it is overridden by the writer of the reply.
>
> Michael
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> There's no way to set the default text size?
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>>> Click on the text.  Ctrl + A,  change the font size.
>>> --
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP-Mail
>>>
>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message

0
JamesJ
12/25/2009 4:08:20 PM
Just tried a reply to html on my machine (win 7, windows live mail)

The text that I start to type in is controlled by the settings in
Tools
Option
Compose

when I change the settings for 'compose font' the initial settings for what
I initially type change.

Perhaps yours has gotten stuck I have at times seen where I have needed to
change something and then close/restart the program then change it back to
what it was in order to get the setting to stick. Easy thing to try and low
cost.
Best Christmas wishes

Michael

> No. When I click reply and start to type (Emails only) the text is the
> smallest size that is available which is different than the text in the
> original message. That text appears to be 10 pt.
>
> James
>
> "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
>> I thought that the 'default' when replying was that of the message that
>> was being replied to. That is, the reply uses the template of the replied
>> message unless it is overridden by the writer of the reply.
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>>> There's no way to set the default text size?
>>>
>>> James
>>>
>>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message

0
Michael
12/25/2009 5:23:00 PM
James, try this. Go to Tools, Options & the Send tab. Check the box that says
reply to message in original format text. Click apply & ok, Then see if you
can reply i with better print size.

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> Just tried a reply to html on my machine (win 7, windows live mail)
>
> The text that I start to type in is controlled by the settings in
> Tools
> Option
> Compose
>
> when I change the settings for 'compose font' the initial settings for what
> I initially type change.
>
> Perhaps yours has gotten stuck I have at times seen where I have needed to
> change something and then close/restart the program then change it back to
> what it was in order to get the setting to stick. Easy thing to try and low
> cost.
> Best Christmas wishes
>
> Michael
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
> > No. When I click reply and start to type (Emails only) the text is the
> > smallest size that is available which is different than the text in the
> > original message. That text appears to be 10 pt.
> >
> > James
> >
> > "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
> >> I thought that the 'default' when replying was that of the message that
> >> was being replied to. That is, the reply uses the template of the replied
> >> message unless it is overridden by the writer of the reply.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> >> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message

My WLMail says 'Reply to messages in the format in which they were sent'.
That means reply to text messages with a text message and reply to a html
message with a html message.
It does not mean to use the same text.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> James, try this. Go to Tools, Options & the Send tab. Check the box that
> says
> reply to message in original format text. Click apply & ok, Then see if
> you
> can reply i with better print size.
>
> "Michael Walraven" wrote:
>
>> Just tried a reply to html on my machine (win 7, windows live mail)
>>
>> The text that I start to type in is controlled by the settings in
>> Tools
>> Option
>> Compose
>>
>> when I change the settings for 'compose font' the initial settings for
>> what
>> I initially type change.
>>
>> Perhaps yours has gotten stuck I have at times seen where I have needed
>> change something and then close/restart the program then change it back
>> what it was in order to get the setting to stick. Easy thing to try and
>> low
>> cost.
>> Best Christmas wishes
>>
>> Michael
>>

>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> > No. When I click reply and start to type (Emails only) the text is the
>> > smallest size that is available which is different than the text in the
>> > original message. That text appears to be 10 pt.
>> >
>> > James
>> >
>> > "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message

0
Ron
12/26/2009 12:41:02 AM
That was it.
But even though the News font and the Mail font were the same (10) in
Compose,
The text was smaller in a Mail reply.
I increased the font and it is larger now.

Thanks much and have a happy holiday,

> Just tried a reply to html on my machine (win 7, windows live mail)
>
> The text that I start to type in is controlled by the settings in
> Tools
> Option
> Compose
>
> when I change the settings for 'compose font' the initial settings for
> what I initially type change.
>
> Perhaps yours has gotten stuck I have at times seen where I have needed to
> change something and then close/restart the program then change it back to
> what it was in order to get the setting to stick. Easy thing to try and
> low cost.
> Best Christmas wishes
>
> Michael
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message
>> No. When I click reply and start to type (Emails only) the text is the
>> smallest size that is available which is different than the text in the
>> original message. That text appears to be 10 pt.
>>
>> James
>>
>> "Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@verizon.not> wrote in message
>>> I thought that the 'default' when replying was that of the message that
>>> was being replied to. That is, the reply uses the template of the
>>> replied message unless it is overridden by the writer of the reply.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>

>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message

0
JamesJ

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Small Office & Homeworker entrepreneur resources
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CYBER D - SHOPZONE Online resources dedicated to the SMALL OFFICE & HOMEWORKER entrepreneur Featuring the most complete selection of E-BOOKS, AFFILIATE PROGRAMS and HOME WORKER RESOURCES on the web today! Click Here To Visit Us Now <http://www.1stpromotion.com/pro2/prosite1/index.php?id=cyberd> --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Tran...

Why can't I format digits as text?
I have a CSV file with a column of product codes of the form: 9311662126351. When I open the file in Excel, it formats the cells as numbers and displays them like: 9.31166E+12. I have selected the column and formatted the cells as text, however despite the help text telling me that "...cells are treated as text even when there's a number in the cell", Excel refuses to display them as text and keeps the scientific notation. This is really annoying, is there a work around for this bug? -- Rob Format as number with zero decimals as long as you don't use more than 15 digi...

Using text boxes and command buttons to search
hi i am using excel 2000, i have a few columns but the main ones are: Christian Name Surname Employee Number i want to have a text box or combo box at the sheet for each serach, they will only be, Surname and employee number, when i typ in for example bloggs into the surname text box and click the command button "next" i want it to find every entry in the surname column matching the word bloggs, and the same with employee number? but i have no idea how? i have created the text box and button but dont know what to do with them? is this the best way? this is...

Import text file query error in 2007
I have an excel sheet with an import text file query. If I change the file path from the workbook connection properties it results to an error, "not responding" then excel closes. This happens both in XP & Vista. Also this only seems to happen if the data source is a text file. Changed file location for an access file query & had no problems. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Diba ...

Make a text box fit the value inside
In my report design view, I have a text box which is filled with blue color. When I view the report in print preview, the box always remains the same size depsite the length of characters of the value. I want the entire value to fit on one line. Values range from two characters to 30 characters in size. Selecting "yes" for "can grow" or "can shrink" for the text box properties does not make a difference. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! *Glen* Glen, Check the Detail Section have you set that to Can Grow = Yes? (I am, of course, assuming ...

Keep quoted numeric characters as text.
Is there any way I can keep Excell from converting double quoted strings of numeric characters to a number when opening a .csv file? I have a column where sometimes the text being imported is something like "001". I need to load it as text '001' instead of as a number 1. If I change the column to text after opening the file, the leading zeros are still missing. In MacXL you can open it directly with Text Import wizard. With WinXL you need to change the extension (say, to .txt) first. Then set the column to Text in the third pane of the wizard. In article <043b...

Unable to reply or forward in Outlook XP
I am currently running Outlook 2002 with XP SP2. All of the latest patches for both. Internet connection and account tested and verified. When I use reply or forward to send email, Outlook will sometimes hang (hour glass forever). In order to get out I have to use task manager to stop Outlook. Of course by doing this the email is lost and has to be retyped. I never have this problem when creating a new email from scratch. There have been a number of post on this but I have yet to find one that actually had a fix. Any help would be appreciated. Peter Are you using Word or Outlook a...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

text in charts
hi all.. Is it possilbe to have a textbox in a chart, that actaully corresponds to a cell entry in the spreadsheet, to change its contents for whatever I type in the cell? is it possible for the title too? thanks!! To add worksheet text to a chart: 1. Click on the chart to select it. 2. Type an equal sign (you'll see it appear in the formula bar) 3. Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart 4. Press the Enter key. 5. Position the textbox where you'd like it in the chart, and format as desired. tony wrote: > hi all.. > > Is it possilbe to have a te...

Remove text from a cell
Hi there I have some data in a spreadsheet which is an output from another program. One column has a series of numbers in it, each with the suffix of "kb" and I want to remove the kb from each cell so that I can sort by number. Is there an easy way to do this without having to edit each cell individually (I have about 600 rows!) thanks Trace Hi one way: Use 'Edit - Replace' the other way: use the formula =--TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"kb","")) in a helper column >-----Original Message----- >Hi there > >I have some data in a spreadsheet which is ...

Adding text boxes from more than one table to a form
Hi, I want to add a text box showing a date which is stored in a different table in the personel form. This text box is purely to show the date, how can I do this please? Iain Hi Iain, There's basically two ways to do this, and which one you choose will depend upon your data and hows it's related. 1. Put the form's current recordsource (table or query) into a new query, and include the other table. Link appropriately, add the fields you require to the query's output, and use te new query as the recordsource for your form. 2. Use a dLookup expression to retrieve th...

Text Manipulation from PDF
Hi Really weird problem I have with a report generated by a application at work. I run off a monthly report of products completed by employees. It shows the following info in a pdf report User ID No of Products Date Sub Date Last Sub Last Date Sub Smith_0001 5 01/01/2006 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 Brown_0002 8 02/01/2006 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 Etc but it lists about 300 staff when I copy it and paste it int...

Adding text and date problem
I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column 3 I wish to show the text followed by the date. I have tried both Concatenate and & but the the result is text followed by the underlying number representing the date. I cannot seem to format this column to show the date as dd/mm/yy. Any suggestions? Regards ="Today is: "&TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "newman" <aa111@despammed.com> wrote in message news:464C1646.AC6A42E0@despammed.com... |I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column...

How to full justify text ?
Help! I have tried many things but can't figure out how to full justify text. Betababy, Format, Cells, Alignment, Under Horizontal, choose Justify. -cheers -- Angel Bivins WordAngel Document Design www.wordangel.com "Betababy" wrote: > Help! I have tried many things but can't figure out how to full justify text. > ...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...

Text and backgound do not print
I have created a folding leaflet which appears fine on the screen. However, when I click on print preview, half of the leaflet appears only as a white space. When I print it, I get the same result, i.e. only half of it appears on the page. Can anyone help, please? Try running Design Checker on your leaflet. Sometimes issues will show up that that prevent items from being printed. I just helped a woman with a very similar issue. I deleted some extra text boxes and it's fine. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/...

Text emails do not format
All of my incoming emails in Outlook 2003 are coming in as one long line of text. I've gone into my email options and turned off "Remove extra line breaks from text emails" but the problem still occurs. Does anyone know how to prevent my incoming text emails from turning the entire message into one long paragraph? Thanks! Fury Maybe the issue is with the person (or people) sending it. As a test, log into your webmail account, send yourself and email and then go into Outlook 2003 and see what it does... >-----Original Message----- >All of my incoming emails in ...

Receiving messages with no text.

Importing text using get external data
I have created a query spreadsheet that gets certain data from another spreadsheet (call it data spreadsheet). The data spreadsheet has a column where text is stored, which in some cases exceeds more than 255 characters. The query that imports such data truncates the text to the first 255 characters. Is there a way around it ? Any input will be appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

XML error "Some Data Was Imported As Text"
Daily, I recieve a 3rd party XML file that I parse in Excel (using an excel macro) and then import into an Access database. Infrequently, the data will import into Excel, then parse and then the routine stops with the error message above. I look through the raw XML file and everything appears to be within the brackets, etc. Can someone give me some clarification to the meaning of the error message? Thanks in advance and Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays! The error message might be generated within your macro - as it is parsing the data it might detect that some field which should be ...

Plain Text in outlook 2000
In Outlook 2000 with SP2 installed we are unable to send e-mail in plain text. For example: I changed all the setting within outlook to send and receive e-mails in plain text. Every time I open a new one or reply it reads a rich text not plain text. I am able change it manually to plain text but we want it to automatically do it in plain text. We have tried all the settings inside Outlook and the recommend change to the registry: The mailto protocol for IE is set to OUTLOOK.EXE -c IPM.Note /m "%1" Still does not work Anyone have any Ideas Outlook Profiler can set thi...

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

Change "Y" axis from integer to text
Excel 2k Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis from numbers (0-50-100) to text (low-medium-high) without just placing text boxes on the chart? Please let me know how!! You can simulate the effect. See http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#VertCatAxis -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <077501c48c13$dde7a6b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Excel 2k > > Is it possible to change the range on the Y axis ...