Take long time to check new mails

When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.

And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1
minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder.

I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing
on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at
an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.

Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to confirm
that there are no new messages.

Were those other mail clients using POP3 or IMAP?

POP3 just downloads the Inbox.  IMAP checks all server folders by
default.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"yapanuwan" <yapanuwan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
> minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.
>
> And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for
> about 1
> minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP
> folder.
>
> I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto
> syncing
> on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick
> look at
> an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.
>

> Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to
> confirm
> that there are no new messages.

0
Michael
9/12/2010 8:07:38 PM
You may want to select "Stop synchronizing" for some of those IMAP
folders. In particular, Gmail's 'All Mail' is a big time waster.
If you want really snappy mail checking, switch to POP rather than IMAP.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"yapanuwan"  wrote in message =

When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1
minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages.

And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for =
about 1
minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP =
folder.

I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto =
syncing
on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick =
look at
an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly.

Every other client I have used doesn't take more than 5 seconds to =
confirm
that there are no new messages.=20

0
Gary

Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool
I'm not having any luck in finding more information about the Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and even a harder time locating the download. I've read article http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx, it contains a link to the Microsoft Download Center but the tool doesn't list when you select the downloads for Outlook. I tried to do a search on MS for the "Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool", with no luck locating the download. Does anyone know where to obtain a copy of the tool or if Microsoft has released it out to download. The MS articles state it...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Windows mail comes alright but then disappears
Hello, Background I run my Gmail thorugh Windows mail. The settings in Gmail is activated for pop. The settings in Windows mail are “recent: my.name@gmail.com”. The server port settings are 25/995. Furthermore I use Windows Vista, F-secure, Internet Explorer 7. Windows Mail arrives alright. To the inbox. I can open it and so on. Problem comes when I have a look in another folder in Windows mail, such as sent or junk. Then the newly arrived mail just disappears from the Windows mail. It can still be found in the Gmail, but that´s not what I want. What am I doing wrong...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Calculation time
I have a large file, approx 10MB, in excel 2003. Most of the data relates to calculations for around 5,000 records, and the workbook takes too long to recalculate. All the vlookup's have been replaced with Index / Match, but it's still slow, and I have a number of macros that rely upon it recalculating. Based on a post here, I went to this site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx and ran the timer macros to try and isolate the problem. The FullCalcTimer takes around 19 secs The ReCalcTimer takes 0.00013 secs, and The SheetTimer takes no more than 0.01...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

Zip codes in mail merge
Office 2007 - used spreadsheet to create an address list; zip codes appear correctly in spreadsheet but when using spreadsheet as a mail merge document, the first digit disappears in the zip code field, i.e., 05401 becomes 5401. =text(a1,"00000") or use Word field formatting codes: Mail merge Excel to Word: a.. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm b.. http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge c.. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx d.. http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm e.. news:microsoft.publi...

How do I get my new messages to populate when they arrive?
My new email messages do not show up in my inbox until I go to another folder and then back to the inbox folder. Then they show up. issue #2 I get a copy of my reply email in my inbox. How do I stop this? Do you have a firewall between you and your server? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Lonnie" <Lonnie...

Outlook 2003 Time problems
Hello, There are various emails that I receive that aren't getting the time marked correctly in Outlook even though my system time clock is set correctly. I check the time of the emails and there 1 hour behind. Any solutions? Is daylight savings time configured correctly? Also verify that this is set correctly for both the sender and the mail server. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jessem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Add Movie to Outlook E-Mail Message via "Web Tools" toolbar--question
Using Outlook 2003 (in fact all of Microsoft Office 2003), and have Word selected as e-mail editor. Windows XP Pro with all updates. Recently I discovered on the Office web site a way to insert a movie (inline) to an e-mail message. I have one question about its implementation. If (in an HTML-formatted e-mail, and Word selected as e-mail editor) with the cursor in the body of the message, you click on "View", "Toolbars", you can select a toolbar called "Web Tools". On that is an icon that says "Movie". If you click on it you can add a movie to the e-ma...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Forward mail through other smtp server.
I have exchange 2003 with sp1. My ISP started blocking port 25 and forcing me to send mail through thier server. Is there any way I can send my exchange mail through their server or curcomvent thier port 25 rule? Thanks Eric On your Internet Mail Connector forward your mail to their server instead of using DNS (aka smarthost) Greetings Hans http://fots.nl "Eric" <ericsweb@madison.tds.net> wrote in message news:fffd36e5.0411240934.9b56ee2@posting.google.com... >I have exchange 2003 with sp1. My ISP started blocking port 25 and > forcing me to send mail through th...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Reconcile Voided Checks
I just noticed that my Bank Rec balance after reconciling my checks is not matching my GL balance for that account. It appears that the balance is off from 3 voided checks. It seems that the Bank Rec module doesn't take into account these voided checks when reconciling the account. Does anyone know how to get these reflected so it matches? Is bank rec listing the checks as not being voided or is gl still showing the checks? I would also look at the date the checks were voided and make sure it is before your cutoff date on the bank rec. "ryan" wrote: > I just notic...

How to reorder email accounts in Mail view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? Hi, sorry, you can't change that. The accounts are ordered alphabetically, with the default account on top. On 22/02/10 18:51, spamtarget@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that > email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? -- Mi...

lost e-mails 08-24-10
I am losing my e-mails after I open them. They are disappearing from the inbox . I believe they are still being saved somewhere, but don't know where, or how to locate and fix the problem. Please help.. anyone. Thanks -- len While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Show All Messages should be the only option checked. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "len" <len@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55E726CD-8CF1-4CCE-B559-B514974DF4DB@microsoft.com... >I am losing my e-mails after I open them...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Can't access send/receive under mail setup
I am using Outlook 2003 with exchange. I want to add a pop3 account. The Pop3 account sends but won't receive (although the Outlook test message is fine). When I go to tools/options/mail setup and push the send/receive button, nothing happens. I have just installed a new hard drive. This worked on the old one, and on other computers. I have recreated the profile from scratch but I have the same problem. What's going on? Can someone help me? -- Thanks. Sammie SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE7 ...

How do I print mailing labels?
By using word's mail merge. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "ckjt" <ckjt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF2392CF-BA1E-48BF-8F1D-F87A16CFE6AC@microsoft.com... > Use Word... Mail Merge -- Cheers, Alpho...

receiving double e.mails
In my inbox in Outlook everytime I get an e.mail there is always 2 of the same e.mail coming through-Can anyone help me with this Please? What version of Outlook are you using? Sounds like you may have duplicate accounts pulling e-mail from your mailbox. Or perhaps a misconfigured rule that is duping your received messages? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Louise" <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82D90374-7B29-4648-96EB-D3F2C288C757@microsoft.com... >...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...

can 2 copies of mail be saved in outlook
I would like to be able to have 2 copies of mail saved in Outlook, so mail can be simultaniously be opened on 2 computers with the same email address. Is this possible? Outlook saves data on the local PC If you want to access the same recieved mails on another PC, you set up your mail account in Outlook on the other PC, and on both Outlooks you select the option to keep a copy on the server. (The sent mail will only be seen on the PC it was sent from) If you use an imap account the mail will be in sync on both PC's "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Denied Permission to Send an E-mail to Specific Domain
I'm running Exchange Server 2003 SP1. We have two domains I'll call DomainOne.com and DomainTwo.com which are on two different subnets and at two separate sites. The Exchange Server is in DomainOne. Also, on an Active Directory server (ADServer01) in DomainOne is a secondary zone for DNS replication from DomainTwo.com. We do this to be able to resolve PC names through a VPN from DomainOne.com to DomainTwo.com. For e-mail, DomainTwo.com uses an external pop3 e-mail provider I'll call POPEmail.com. Their e-mail addresses use the following format: jsmith@DomainTwo.com. So, all ...

I can't get Outlook to open Word as my e-mail editor.
This morning I tried to reply to an e-mail and got the message "Outlook is opening Word 2003 as your e-mail editor" (or something to that effect). The window just stayed onscreen and eventually ended up hanging. Help! :) Are you running the same version of Outlook and Word? Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CheshireQat asked: ...