stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process

using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3.  there is a
stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete.  trying
to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still
trying to delete the message).  what's worse is that when syncing, upon
reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out
as well.

I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem
to find that message to kill it that way either.

I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching skills leave a
lot to be desired.

any help would be appreciated.  many thanks...

I'm not much of a Gmail person, but see if it will delete while working
offline.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"jaypea500" <jaypea500@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3.  there
> is a
> stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete.
> trying
> to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it
> still
> trying to delete the message).  what's worse is that when syncing, upon
> reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls
> out
> as well.
>
> I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't
> seem
> to find that message to kill it that way either.
>
> I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching skills leave
> lot to be desired.
>
> any help would be appreciated.  many thanks...

0
Bruce
1/21/2010 5:31:52 PM
In the left folder pane of Windows Live Mail right-click on the [Gmail]=20
subfolder, then select Synchronization settings, Don't synchronize.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jaypea500" <jaypea500@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3.  =
there is a=20
> stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete.  =
trying=20
> to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it =
still=20
> trying to delete the message).  what's worse is that when syncing, =
upon=20
> reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing =
stalls out=20
> as well.
>=20
> I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't =
seem=20
> to find that message to kill it that way either.
>=20
> I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching skills =
leave a=20
> lot to be desired.
>=20
> any help would be appreciated.  many thanks...
0
Gary
1/21/2010 5:45:18 PM
Go Offline while Gmail is open and delete the offending stuck email

--
Peter

"jaypea500" <jaypea500@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3.  there is a
> stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete.  trying
> to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still
> trying to delete the message).  what's worse is that when syncing, upon
> reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out
> as well.
>
> I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem
> to find that message to kill it that way either.
>
> I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching skills leave a
> lot to be desired.
>
> any help would be appreciated.  many thanks...

0
Peter

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Delete Search in explorer
I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but I can't find the registry key for it.. Anyone one knows where it is at? Thanks. In news:c7bd3046-634c-4836-a4a3-a1d5347d6f25@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, Mint <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> typed: > I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but > I can't find the registry key for it.. > > Anyone one knows where it is at? Why do you think every program feature has a registry key? On Apr 12, 9:37=A0pm, "Greg Russell" <gruss...@invalid.co...

Bank Acct Auto Update without sync to MSN
I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN website. I would also like to not use the passport password. When I remove the pasport password and create a local password, I no longer am able to auto update from my bank. Do I have to have the MSN passport and web access to do this? If not, how do I do this? I have Money 2005 Deluxe on an Windows XP Pro system. I am creating a new money file so I can wipe clean and try anything new. thanks!! In microsoft.public.money, fire_317 wrote: >I would like to have my accts auto update without syncing to the MSN we...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Wordwrapping a long sentence using F2, how to end the process?
Using Excel 2002...I pasted in a long sentence, and it goes off the right side of the screen. I know that I can make it word wrap by hitting F2. I've done that and it works nicely. But I was told that I could end this process by hitting Alt-Enter, and that doesn't work... all that happens after Alt-Enter is a blank new row opens up below the word-wrapped rows. If I hit Alt-Enter again, another blank row opens up below. How can I end this F2 word-wrap and go on with other business. John alt-enter is used to force a new line in a cell. If you want to wrap the text a...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...

EXchange Active sync users limit
We have been using the Treo 650 smart phones with some amount of success with the Exchange ACtive Sync. We have Approx. ten users who use this functionality right now. We tried adding another person to allow him to use this functionality but for some reason he gets this error when he tries to sync. "There was a problem syncing messages (Sys 05E5) Server returned error for last command. Status:5 None of our other users get this error. And if they did, all Treo users got the error, which was remedied by adjusting the properties to the Exchange Mobile virtual directory. Now no on...

pictures and graphics not displaying in emails
I used to always see pictures, logos, graphics, etc. in incoming emails from various companies whose newsletters or ads I subscribe to. Now there is just a box with an x in it. I have tried to change every option I thought might return things to the way they were, but with no luck. I believe this happened after I installed some updates to the Vista OS. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. Toole | Options | Security. Uncheck: "Block images...........". -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA ...

Email Alerts
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to notify, via e-mail, a user outside of my domain when e-mail arrives from any user that is on my contact list. I want the notification to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. Could someone tell me how I can accomplish this? Thanks in advance ...

Launch trackable email from Adobe
I have a report written in SRS and then exported to .pdf. I want to email this pdf to my clients using acrobats File > email functionality but when the outlook email window opens, there is no Track in CRM buttons/toolbar. Has anyone got a work around for this or any ideas on why this might be happening? Mant thanks James ...

How to keep Outlook email conversations expanded all the time?
Gurus, I previously asked how do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? The answer was to go to View > Arrange By > Conversation (answer thanks to Milly Staples). My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the time, automatically? -- Spin Spin wrote: > > My next question is, how to keep all conversations *expanded* all the > time, automatically? I never found a way myself, but what I did do wa...

Email Timestamp
When an email is received there is a received date associated with it. Also, if you open up the email, there is a sent date associated with it. Where does that time stamp come from? Is it from the users computer or the exchange servers computer? Will those 2 timestamps ALWAYS be the same? What type of scenario would they be different? Thanks, Jasper Friends, i am trying to write a little application that will send HTML mails with images embedded in them. By default Outlook (and Thunderbird) will not display the graphics. Is there any way to "sign" the images/email so ...

deleted, unread msgs still appear in XP login
I intentionally deleted some unread email and emptied the Deleted items folder. However, my WinXP login continues to state that I have n unread msgs. How can I get XP to 'realize' these emails are long gone? Thanks, Chris ChrisG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I intentionally deleted some unread email and emptied the > Deleted items folder. However, my WinXP login continues to > state that I have n unread msgs. > > How can I get XP to 'realize' these emails are long gone? Outlook does not update the Windows XP Welcome Screen mail count...

Email not received by recipients
I am using Outlook 2003 with an Exchange Server 2003. I have ZoneAlarm which isn't showing a hack, yet my emails when sent have gone somewhere other than the intended recipients. This isn't happening all the time, but everyday the intended parties get approximately half of what I've sent. I do not receive emails stating that the email could not be received, it is the intended parties that are emailing me and asking me why I haven't responded to their emails. Thanks, Gary ...

Yahoo Is Blocking My Email "Over Limit For Messages"
I am a Yahoo Mail Plus customer which enables me to send emails through an external email client using my yahoo email address. I usually only send 10 email a day, and am using Pegasus as my external email client. But today after I send about a hundred emails I could not send further messages, and I got the message: "521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day." This also happened a few months ago. But even when I am blocked, surprisingly, if I then use Yahoo On The Web there is no such problem. Spoke to Ya...

Hyperlink to file. Input/Output processing error Reported
I have a speadsheet with hyperlink pointers to relative files,. Entries and links set up before today all work fine. New ones added today report an input/output processing error. What is going on? I assume this is very obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Paul Hi Paul, Not obvious to me either what are relative files and please provide examples of what you have, what you want, what you did and what you see instead. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http:...

Unwanted Email
Hi: I am getting gross email that I happily send to the junk or adult mail folders. However, I haven't figured out a way to do this, or to DELETE a message without having to open the message first. I've tried right clicking and have looked through the File, Edit, etc., etc., menus over and over again for a setting that will allow me to get rid of a message without opening it. I know that I can tell Outlook to eliminate messages for me if I know the sender's email, but, as you probably know, all of my unwanted mail comes from different sender addresses. This is imp...