SSL connection

Hi

I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which I
don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office set
she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort it out?

"The server does not support a SSL connection.

Subject 'test again'

Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): Yes"
--

Thanks a LOT in advance,
                   Dave

0
Dave

When creating the account in Windows Mail (not sure which actual program you
mean as Windows Mail was only shipped with Vista and you mention Office set
so is it perhaps Outlook?) you/she must have accidentally checked the box
stating SSL/Secure Connection.  simply un-checking this should cure the
problem.
As stated I'm not sure which program you are actually using but the common
place to get to account information is Tools/Accounts.

Colin Brown
WL MVP

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which
> I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office
> set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort
> it out?
>
> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>
> Subject 'test again'
>
> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes"
> --
>
> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>                   Dave
>                   dave@willison.org
>                   07745 291 019
>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>                   http://www.willison.org
>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019

0
Colin
2/8/2010 3:54:25 PM
Outlook is a part of some Office sets.
Windows Live Mail is a free Microsoft email program that is similar to
Outlook Express and Windows Mail.
download.live.com/wlmail

btinternet requires authentication, but not SSL.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which
> I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office
> set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort
> it out?
>
> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>
> Subject 'test again'
>
> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes"
> --
>
> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>                   Dave
>                   dave@willison.org
>                   07745 291 019
>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>                   http://www.willison.org
>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019

0
Ron
2/8/2010 4:06:23 PM
Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
The pc provider(OEM) may have included Windows Live Mail or based on your post, Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft
Office(except the Home and Student version).

Which are you using ?

Fyi...never, ever post your real email address in a public newsgroup where bots and others may harvest it for falsifying email
headers when sending spam. The same for any other personal information.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:O5P62NNqKHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as
> part of the Office set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort it out?
>
> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>
> Subject 'test again'
>
> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes"
> --
>
> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>                   Dave
>                   dave@xxxxx.org
>                   07745 291 019
>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>                   http://www.willison.org
>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019

0
winston
2/8/2010 9:05:44 PM
> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.

So I discovered! Disappointing, what was wrong with Outlook Express Mr
Gates?

> Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft Office(except the Home
> and Student version).

The lady bought a copy of Office Home and Student version and I thought that
would have Outlook, but it didn't show up anywhere. I ended up using BT's
site but that's not what the lady should have to do, surely there is an
email program in the Office suite?

--

all the best,
                   Dave

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
> The pc provider(OEM) may have included Windows Live Mail or based on your
> post, Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft Office(except the
> Home and Student version).
>
> Which are you using ?
>
> Fyi...never, ever post your real email address in a public newsgroup where
> bots and others may harvest it for falsifying email headers when sending
> spam. The same for any other personal information.
>

> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which
>> I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office
>> set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort
>> it out?
>>
>> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>>
>> Subject 'test again'
>>
>> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
>> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): Yes"
>> --
>>
>> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>>                   Dave
>>                   dave@xxxxx.org
>>                   07745 291 019
>>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>>                   http://www.willison.org
>>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019

0
Dave
2/8/2010 10:17:48 PM
No, there is no Outlook in the Office Home & Student versions.  You will
have to download Windows Live Mail, which is the newsgroup to which you've
posted.  It is similar to OE if that is what your client is most familiar
with.

>> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
>
> So I discovered! Disappointing, what was wrong with Outlook Express Mr
> Gates?
>
>> Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft Office(except the Home
>> and Student version).
>
> The lady bought a copy of Office Home and Student version and I thought
> that would have Outlook, but it didn't show up anywhere. I ended up using
> BT's site but that's not what the lady should have to do, surely there is
> an email program in the Office suite?
>
> --
>
> all the best,
>                   Dave
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
>> The pc provider(OEM) may have included Windows Live Mail or based on your
>> post, Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft Office(except
>> the Home and Student version).
>>
>> Which are you using ?
>>
>> Fyi...never, ever post your real email address in a public newsgroup
>> where bots and others may harvest it for falsifying email headers when
>> sending spam. The same for any other personal information.
>>

>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7
>>> which I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the
>>> Office set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help
>>> me sort it out?
>>>
>>> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>>>
>>> Subject 'test again'
>>>
>>> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
>>> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): Yes"
>>> --
>>>
>>> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>>>                   Dave
>>>                   dave@xxxxx.org
>>>                   07745 291 019
>>>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>>>                   http://www.willison.org
>>>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019

0
slk759
2/9/2010 12:17:08 AM
Microsoft recommends that new Windows 7 users download the
Windows Live Mail program:
http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

Outlook is currently only included in the Professional versions of =
Office.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message =
>> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
>=20
> So I discovered! Disappointing, what was wrong with Outlook Express Mr =

> Gates?
>=20
>> Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft Office(except the =
Home=20
>> and Student version).
>=20
> The lady bought a copy of Office Home and Student version and I =
thought that=20
> would have Outlook, but it didn't show up anywhere. I ended up using =
BT's=20
> site but that's not what the lady should have to do, surely there is =
an=20
> email program in the Office suite?
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> all the best,
>                   Dave
>=20
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message=20
>> Windows 7 does not come with an email client.
>> The pc provider(OEM) may have included Windows Live Mail or based on =
your=20
>> post, Outlook which is part of all versions of Microsoft =
Office(except the=20
>> Home and Student version).
>>
>> Which are you using ?
>>
>> Fyi...never, ever post your real email address in a public newsgroup =
where=20
>> bots and others may harvest it for falsifying email headers when =
sending=20
>> spam. The same for any other personal information.
>>

>> --=20
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message=20
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 =
which=20
>>> I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the =
Office=20
>>> set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me =
sort=20
>>> it out?
>>>
>>> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>>>
>>> Subject 'test again'
>>>
>>> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
>>> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): Yes"
>>> --=20
>>>
>>> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>>>                   Dave
>>>                   dave@xxxxx.org
>>>                   07745 291 019
>>>                   http://www.startexweb.com
>>>                   http://www.willison.org
>>>                   +44 (0)7734 291 019
>>>=20
>=20

0
Gary
2/9/2010 4:16:31 AM
Here you go Gary...
Included applications by Msft Office version.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101635841033.aspx

Outlook is present in Standard and above versions(Small Business, Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise)

The Business Contact Manager(BCM) is only present in Small Business, Professional, Ultimate, but not Enterprise...the user does
have the option to install BCM on these versions or just Outlook.  Choosing the BCM will prompt for the second provided disk.

Enterprise included apps can be found here(it's not on the above link suite comparison)
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/fx101674041033.aspx

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:#JHYp6TqKHA.3824@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft recommends that new Windows 7 users download the
> Windows Live Mail program:
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>
> Outlook is currently only included in the Professional versions of Office.

0
winston
2/9/2010 7:45:22 AM
Hi, Dave.

Let's sort out some of the confusion created mostly by Microsoft's
program-naming teams.  Before you can help your friend set up her new
laptop, you'll have to figure out exactly what she has:

Outlook - available standalone or as part of the Office suite - many
versions, with Office 2007 the most current (and 2010 in beta) - runs in any
recent Windows version - includes email, but not a newsreader.

Outlook Express - despite the similar name, it is not related to Outlook.
It's integral to WinXP and prior; will not run on Vista or Win7.  Includes
both email and newsreader.  (You posted using OE6, so you know about OE.)

Windows Mail - an integral part of Vista and ONLY Vista - will not run in
WinXP or Win7 or anything else (unless you use the trick that some users
advocate) - includes both email and newsreader.  Interface is much like OE,
but infrastructure is significantly different, especially in storage of
messages.

Windows Live Mail - despite the similar name and similar UI, it is not
closely related to WM - or to OE - does not come with ANY Windows version
(but may be bundled by a vendor) - includes both email and newsreader - can
be installed in any recent version of Windows (Win2K/XP/Vista/Win7) after
downloading (free) from http://download.live.com - a part of the Windows
Live Essentials, which optionally include Messenger, Photo Gallery and
several other "essentials".

But perhaps the answer to "which application" was in your first post:
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D

That line would not have appeared if she were using anything other than
Windows Live Mail.

When you know exactly which tools she has to work with, Dave, you might want
to start a new thread focused on any remaining questions you have.  But it
may be as simple as unchecking the SSL box.  ;^}

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm helping an elderly lady set-up her new laptop. It has Windows 7 which
> I don't know as I am on XP. Her email (Windows Mail as part of the Office
> set she bought) gives me the following message. Can anybody help me sort
> it out?
>
> "The server does not support a SSL connection.
>
> Subject 'test again'
>
> Server Response: 250 8BITMIME
> Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC7D
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): Yes"
> --
>
> Thanks a LOT in advance,
>                   Dave

> may be as simple as unchecking the SSL box

So where do I find this box in Windows Live Mail?

--

all the best,
                   Dave

0
Dave
2/10/2010 12:00:34 AM
For Pop3 accounts..
In the left hand pane
Rt. Click the account, scroll to properties
Select the Advance tab
 SSL options are available for both incoming and outgoing server

In your case..where her system was using port 25(outgoing), uncheck SSL for the outgoing.
If it still doesn't work..check the settings her isp provides for an alternate outgoing server(e.g. 587 with SSL)

--
  ...winston
 ms-mvp mail
"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:e8UbQQeqKHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> may be as simple as unchecking the SSL box
>
> So where do I find this box in Windows Live Mail?
>
> --
>
> all the best,
>                   Dave

0
winston
2/10/2010 1:52:45 AM
Great stuff, thanks.
I'm about to head over to look at her machine again so hopefully I can get
it to work.

Thanks,

> For Pop3 accounts..
> In the left hand pane
> Rt. Click the account, scroll to properties
> Select the Advance tab
> SSL options are available for both incoming and outgoing server
>
> In your case..where her system was using port 25(outgoing), uncheck SSL
> for the outgoing.
> If it still doesn't work..check the settings her isp provides for an
> alternate outgoing server(e.g. 587 with SSL)
>
> --
>  ...winston
> ms-mvp mail
> "Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>>> may be as simple as unchecking the SSL box
>>
>> So where do I find this box in Windows Live Mail?
>>
>> --
>>
>> all the best,
>>                   Dave

0
Dave
2/10/2010 1:11:32 PM
A big thank you to everybody who posted, or emailed me suggestions on this.
I have now suceeded in setting the ladies laptop up and even got an email
from her a few minutes ago. Thank you all.

all the best,
                   Dave

0
Dave
2/10/2010 6:52:36 PM
Wtg Dave..
You'rew welcome.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Dave" <davestartex@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:#tQB7IoqKHA.4604@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> A big thank you to everybody who posted, or emailed me suggestions on this.
> I have now suceeded in setting the ladies laptop up and even got an email
> from her a few minutes ago. Thank you all.
>
> all the best,
>                   Dave

0
winston

running eseutil from a remote desktop connection
it takes me an hour to get into work. i have to run eseutil this weekend to defrag my information store due to a lot of deletions. because it will take a number of hours, i'd like to do it remotely using remote desktop connection. that way i can start it and then periodically check on it throughout the day without having to go into the office. i've got a 2k3 server running exchange 2k3 sp2. are there reasons why this may/may not be wise? thank you. ross As long as your server is not setup to disconnect/terminate idle RDP sessions... (on a second thought... you could do it...

Outlook 2003 won't connect with Exchange Sever 2000
I just installed Office 2003 and tried to use Outlook 2003 to access my Exchange Server 2000 mail box. It won't connect. I keep getting the error message Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists.' I still have Outlook 2002 installed on another machine in the office and it can still access the same server and mailbox without problems. Please, anyone with any experience here? Thanks. On the machine with OL2003, can you ping the Exchange server by name? Is your...

Configuring Connection Filtering
I have changed the actual names that follow, but this is a real scenario that I'd like assistance with. I have a callcenter called FOO who accepts 1-800 calls for me. They forward messages to me and I have an Exchange 2003 Server w/ SP2. The domain of FOO is @foo.com. The email address that the mail comes from is always cc@foo.com. The ip address of the mail server at foo.com is 141.10.10.10. Because I use Exchange Intelligent Message Filter and have tweaked it just right so it catches almost 100% of inbound junk mail I do not want to lower the SCL ratings. However, email from c...

connection problem
i have a home network , when i unplug the network cable and turn on my computer , and log on to win xp , it tells me the network cable is unplugged , when i plug the cable into the network card it doesn't tell me lan is now connected , network is active but the icon in the task bar doesn't refresh it's status , and when i log into winxp with unplugged cable , the mapped network drivers in my computer shows that every map drive is connected , it's supposed to tell me couldn't connect to all network drivers, and show the disconnected network drive on the mapped...

Number of logins/connections on IMAP server is high
Hi, I have been told that the number of connections that WLM uses when connecting to my IMAP server is quite high - normally about 15 to 16 connections when WLM is opened and has checked for any new mail. My account is using SSL when connecting to the server. My iPhone uses 1 connection and I have been told that Thunderbird uses only 1 connection when checking mail. Could you tell me if this is normal and/or whether I can limit the number of logins that WLM uses. Thanks, Steve ...

Connect SqlParameterCollection to SqlCommand
I have to pass a parameter collection to a method and then add it to the SqlCommand. Can I do that without having to go throught a foreach loop? I tried to do : command.Parameters = sqlParams; where sqlParams is an SqlParameterCollection. But got a message saying that it was readonly. I can loop through and just do: if (sqlParams != null) foreach(SqlParameter param in sqlParams) dbCommand.Parameters.Add(param); But was curious if I can just attach the collection? Thanks, Tom On Jan 14, 4:47 pm, "tshad...

Connection string to SQL Server to 2005
Hi, We have a software that we need to install on our users machines. During the installation process looks like it is trying to create a datbase in our sql server 2005. Here is the connectiong string that is generated by during the insallation process Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=DriverAccess;Server={ip address};Network Library=dbnmpntw;Application Name=Radiolinks Driver Access Manager When I include the IP address and move on and complete the installation it says that the installation was successfull. I see it available under Start/Pr...

MS Exange connection

Working on connection problem for hours!
windows mail vista ultimate cox webmail only, so not use the internet service quest is internet service at the house i live can not send or receive mail here are the errors... The connection to the server has failed. Subject '5', Account: 'kah', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Account: 'kah', Server: 'pop.west.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Erro...

odbc connection fails in Office 2010
i recently got a new computer with win7, and also purchased Office 2010. A database that i have had for years is producing odbc connection failed errors. i had no problems with 2007 (with win7). i have gone throught the "sandbox" security change in the registry that i found in the online help. i have also added it to trusted sites, enabled macros, but still no luck. the test connection in odbc administrator works fine. On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:33:01 -0700, magick <magick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is the exact error? What is the app trying to do...

Exchange Connectivity #4
A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the MS Outlook clients. Baseline security shows all is ok, pings fine, re-started all services and stores. Any ideas please?? what do you mean, exactly? what are the symptoms? any thing in the application log? can your users logon to the network? Global Catalog server OK? "Don Bews" <dbews@northlanarkchc.on.ca> wrote in message news:oX9Ce.15751$qg1.1377535@news20.bellglobal.com... > A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the > MS Outlook clients. Baseline secu...

Can you connect to E*Trade brokerage account
I'm a new Money 2005 user and I have successfully been able set up my online accounts except one, E*Trade. I keep getting the message "Your accounts couldn't be updated with infromation from your bank or brokerage". Called Microsoft and they blame E*Trade, called E*Trade and they didn't even know Money 2005 was out already. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm I correct in assuming that I use the same username and password to access the information through Money as I do from the E*Trade website. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am using both M2003 deluxe and M...

outlook connect two exchange servers simultaneously
Is there any know trick to get Outlook to connect to two exchange servers simultaneously. I know that this is not supported. I know I can use OWA and Outlook. I know I can set up multiple profiles with different exchange servers. I know I can even specify which profile to load via the desktop icon/shortcut target (c:\...outlook.exe /profile <name>). BUT I am guessing someone has figured out some way to accomplish this. Or...is there a way to have multiple instances of outlook running simultaneously (each one pointing to a different profile) thanks K no... "AdminKen&q...

Outlook users must authenticate every time they connect to exchang
Anyone know why it is doing this, and how I can fix it? It's driving me nuts, and causing me to be unable to install Blackberry Exchange Server. I've searched and searched and can find nothing- can anyone help? TJ: What version of Exchange and NT? I saw this happen with Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 AD. It was due to some overly restrictive domain controller policies. The obvious question, is, are the clients configured to always authenticate in the MAPI/Outlook profile? Also, is the BES server running on the same machine as Exchange. This is probably not relevan...

Office Document Connection wont connect and locks my AD account
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello <br><br>I have been using Document Connection (DC) happily with my company's SharePoint for some weeks now. Today I had some hiccup with my AD account password, which is now sorted and I can now log onto the SharePoint site through Safari and authenticate to access the WebDAV through Finder. <br><br>However when I accessed the same WebDAV using Document Connection I was told that I didn't have permission and my AD account got locked. It looks like DC hammered my AD account...

XL
Hi All, I have written a VB macro in XL to pull some data from the Oracl datadase and display it on the XL. My macro is working fine in some PCs and its throwing an error in th rest. The error is Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Oracle error occured, but error message could not be reterived fro Oracle Am using the following code to connect to Oracle. Cn.Open "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Data Source =" & Input1.Database.Value ";User Id= " & Input1.UserID.Value & ";Password=" Input1.Password.Value & ";Persist Security Info=False&q...

virtual NIC and embedded Linux as USB Device connected to WinXP
Hi, I have installed a virtual NIC (configured by means of linux.inf file), which connects to an embedded Linux Device. Layer 3+4 Protocol is TCP/IP. The Connection works fine, until the linux device goes into sleep mode. Then the TCP/IP connection breaks down and die virtual NIC disappears from Device Manager. I was wondering if this is a layer 1 (USB Bus) or layer 2 (RNDIS) problem, or even triggered by plug&play function of windows. The TCP/IP Timeout is configured as 2h per default. Can someone give me a hint, or point me in the right direction? Can I suppress th...

microsoft 2007 exchange unavailable not online or connected
hi. i have just installed microsoft outlook 2007 on my new laptop. it seemed to install with no problems but when i go to open it it comes up with an error reading:- "connection to microsoft exchange unavailable, outlook must be online or connected to complete. can anyone help me please. clare. Do you use Exchange server? If not, close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and edit the profile- delete the exchange account and create the proper type of account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:...

Visual Studio Tools (Retreive GP Connection String)
Hi All, Can any body give me the suggestion on, how can i retreive GP Connection in visual studio tools, to perform direct SQL Operations. Thanks Ravi Polepalli Ravishankar I think you can have a look at the following KB Article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;941457 Also, You can go through the following Article http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/02/why-does-microsoft-dynamics-gp-encrypt-passwords.aspx Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Ravishankar" wrote: > Hi All, > > Can any body give me the suggest...

Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root of the problem!
Hello guys, I'm facing a serious problem here: I've been trying to fix a computer here but I am just so stuck. First the PC was filled with viruses to the point that it wouldn't allow you to get on the internet without some scan popping up and without the page rerouting you to an antisoftware page to buy the product. I got rid of all of that.:) The pc had XP SP2, so all I wanted to do was upgrade to XP SP3 and get the critical updates and security so it could be more secure. Boy was that not easy. The 2 times I've tried installing SP3, I have not been able to g...

last connection didnt go through
I use Money 2000 and tried to connect to Wells Fargo like I always do. I keep getting a message that says the last call was interrupted so they will try to resend it (It was an inquiry into a payment that wasnt received). After I try to connect, the pop up message says that money is unable to receive an email response ... WF says that I need to delete completly the 2 closed accounts I have at the bank that were closed due to check theft. Anyway, I dont want to delete because I reference old data all the time. Any ideas??? In microsoft.public.money, Victoria wrote: >I use Mon...

Unable to connect to SMTP server for outgoing emails
I have WLM installed on my laptop with Win 7 and have 3 email accounts that I use 1 n earthlink and 2 on my local ISP. I receive email from all 3 (using POP3) but am unable to connect to the SMTP servers to send on any of the accounts. I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.skyvalleynetwork.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Only the server will be different for my earthlink account. Any idea what is wrong. I have verified the...

RMS Connection
Is it possible to tie CRM to the RMS database so that all changes are shared? Also, how do you import customer and product data from RMS to CRM? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dear Tony, Do you want to import this data once or on a regular basis, including updates? If you do a single import you can use the data migration toolkit for MSCRM which can be found on one of the CD's. If you need to do an import on a regular basis you will have to create a process which will import this data through the Platform layer of CRM. We have used Microsoft BizTalk for this in a pro...

HELP: Connecting Visio and Database
hi there In order to generate some reports I have to color a map containing 1000 shapes. The manual way is just a no-go, so I decided to connect the drawing with some kind of a database (Access or Excel). I made some experiments; however with no real success. Can anybody give me some advises: - Is it even possible to connect a Visio drawing with 1000 shapes with an Excel-Sheet on a PC with 128MB RAM? - Is there any tutorial documentation for that specific purpose available (preferably on the Web)? - Is there a book recommendation that is covering exactly this topic? - Is there anybody, tha...

Strange timeouts when exchange server is connecting to our sendmail server
We have an exchange server at another location. I'm not the one who maintains it, but I can get the details if need be. One particular user is having some strange timeout problems when he sends messages with file attachments to the sendmail server at our location. It seems to be only him, and only when he sends attachments. Other messages come through fine. The sequence seems to be: - the exchange server connects to our server - it starts sending and then a short time later all communications cease. In a recent example, things stopped after about 80k of a 468k message was transferred. - t...