Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder

My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting about
a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in
our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder.
Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow.  I have
not had this experience with my email messages.  What might we be missing in
our setup?

Gordon Biggar

0
Gordon

Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ?
 - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com
 *Note: All Hotmail type accounts are Live ID's)

If Hotmail type accounts are the accounts setup as Pop3 or Http ?

If you are sharing the same contacts, is one Live ID used to sign on to Windows Live in WLM or are you operating in the default
mode(no signon with a Live ID) ?

In either case (Live ID signon or not) with both email accounts setup in WLM, you would also be sharing the same Safe Senders and
Blocked Senders list. (Tools/Safety Options)
 - check each to ensure that no contacts are in the Safe Sender list and that no contacts or their domain is in the Blocked Sender
list.  Do ensure on the Safe Senders tab that 'Also trust email from my Contacts' is checked

Other things to consider..
1. Message content can cause the junk filter to see a message as junk
2. Spam may have been received earlier that falsified the sender header with actual contacts and the user classified it as junk
mail inevitably causing future email from the sender to be classified as junk(this occurs when your or a contacts address book has
been harvested due to malware)
3. If the accounts are Hotmail type accounts using http protocol, the Hotmail web filter acts prior to WLM's filter.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message news:#cnKOhJvKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.
> Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going
> repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow.  I have not had this
> experience with my email messages.  What might we be missing in our setup?
>
> Gordon Biggar

0
winston
3/5/2010 8:35:38 PM
In Windows Live Mail, do the following:

Click on "tools"
Click on "safety options"
Then set your security appropriately

Also... you can optionally click on "safe senders" and make sure those
folks you don't want to go to your junk mail filter are listed there.

--
rhlhamlet
0

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting
> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends,
> who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her
> Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to
> stem this flow.  I have not had this experience with my email
> messages.  What might we be missing in our setup?
>
> Gordon Biggar

0
Michael
3/5/2010 9:29:35 PM
Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from my
Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to Safe List
Only.

In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, but
all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my wife's
case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts that are
also on the Safe Senders list!

Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the Safe
List Only option are in conflict?

Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.

Gordon

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting
> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who
> are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail
> folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow.
> I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What might we be
> missing in our setup?
>
> Gordon Biggar

0
Gordon
3/5/2010 9:58:40 PM
If the option (Trust mail from my contacts is checked), remove any Safe Sender addresses that are also actual Contacts.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message news:e7eRJ8KvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from my
> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to Safe List
> Only.
>
> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, but
> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my wife's
> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts that are
> also on the Safe Senders list!
>
> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the Safe
> List Only option are in conflict?
>
> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>
> Gordon
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
>> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting
>> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who
>> are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail
>> folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow.
>> I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What might we be
>> missing in our setup?
>>
>> Gordon Biggar

0
winston
3/6/2010 5:40:01 AM
Note that the Blocked Senders list trumps all the other security =
settings,
so make sure that none of the desired contacts is on that list.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message =
> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from =
my=20
> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to =
Safe List=20
> Only.
>=20
> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, =
but=20
> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my =
wife's=20
> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts =
that are=20
> also on the Safe Senders list!
>=20
> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the =
Safe=20
> List Only option are in conflict?
>=20
> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>=20
> Gordon
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message=20
>> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email=20
>> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  =
Starting=20
>> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's =
friends, who=20
>> are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk =
Mail=20
>> folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this =
flow.=20
>> I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What might we =
be=20
>> missing in our setup?
>>
>> Gordon Biggar=20

0
Gary
3/6/2010 11:26:30 PM
The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts are
shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts are
still coming in under Junk Mail.

I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order in
which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set up WLM,
had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, then
added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail going
into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)

The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and we've
been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM software
update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build 14.0.8064.0206.)

Very frustrating, but not a disaster.

Gordon

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from my
> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to Safe
> List Only.
>
> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, but
> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my wife's
> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts that
> are also on the Safe Senders list!
>
> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the
> Safe List Only option are in conflict?
>
> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>
> Gordon
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
>> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting
>> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends,
>> who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk
>> Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this
>> flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What might
>> we be missing in our setup?
>>
>> Gordon Biggar

0
Gordon
3/8/2010 2:05:08 AM
There is a newer version = 14.0.8089.0726.  You could download / install it
and see if it fixes the issue - won't hurt.  You can install right over what
you have.

> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts are
> shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts are
> still coming in under Junk Mail.
>
> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order in
> which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set up WLM,
> had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, then
> added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail going
> into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>
> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and
> we've been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM
> software update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build
> 14.0.8064.0206.)
>
> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>
> Gordon
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from my
>> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to Safe
>> List Only.
>>
>> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, but
>> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my wife's
>> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts that
>> are also on the Safe Senders list!
>>
>> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the
>> Safe List Only option are in conflict?
>>
>> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>>> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email
>>> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  Starting
>>> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends,
>>> who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk
>>> Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem
>>> this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What
>>> might we be missing in our setup?
>>>
>>> Gordon Biggar

0
slk759
3/8/2010 2:12:38 AM
Good shot.  Thanks.

I also checked Windows Update, and it has an optional update (KB905866),
pertaining to the Junk email filter for x64-based systems of Vista (which I
am using).  But, come to think of it, my laptop uses the 32-bit version of
Vista, and the problem occurs there as well.

I'll go for the newer release of WLM.

Gordon

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> There is a newer version = 14.0.8089.0726.  You could download / install
> it and see if it fixes the issue - won't hurt.  You can install right over
> what you have.
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts are
>> shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts are
>> still coming in under Junk Mail.
>>
>> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order in
>> which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set up
>> WLM, had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup,
>> then added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail
>> going into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>>
>> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and
>> we've been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM
>> software update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build
>> 14.0.8064.0206.)
>>
>> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>>> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from
>>> my Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to
>>> Safe List Only.
>>>
>>> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list,
>>> but all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my
>>> wife's case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those
>>> contacts that are also on the Safe Senders list!
>>>
>>> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the
>>> Safe List Only option are in conflict?
>>>
>>> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
3/8/2010 2:51:02 AM
KB905866 applies only to Windows Mail(the Vista included email client).
It does not apply to other email applications in use on Vista(e.g. WLM).

The newer release is a good choice.  The junk mail filter may have been updated in the latest version
 (Note- keywords 'may have' -- not having seen any public documentation that it was..thus ymmv)

Since no updates have been deployed since the latest version was available(Aug 2009)..it would be unlikely that it was updated
after(Aug '09). And August is well before you noticed the problem(last 2-3 months)...again ymmv, but it is worth the effort,
especially if something else in WLM is not functioning, installing the current version may fix it.

Good luck.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message news:ez1m4omvKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Good shot.  Thanks.
>
> I also checked Windows Update, and it has an optional update (KB905866), pertaining to the Junk email filter for x64-based
> systems of Vista (which I am using).  But, come to think of it, my laptop uses the 32-bit version of Vista, and the problem
> occurs there as well.
>
> I'll go for the newer release of WLM.
>
> Gordon
>

> "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:#DVRVTmvKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> There is a newer version = 14.0.8089.0726.  You could download / install it and see if it fixes the issue - won't hurt.  You can
>> install right over what you have.
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message news:e$1PPPmvKHA.5340@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts are shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my
>>> wife's  Contacts are still coming in under Junk Mail.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order in which our email accounts were set up.  In other words,
>>> when we set up WLM, had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, then added mine later, would I be the
>>> one having all of my Contacts' mail going into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>>>
>>> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and we've been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have
>>> been a WLM software update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build 14.0.8064.0206.)
>>>
>>> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>>>
>>> Gordon

0
winston
3/8/2010 11:02:19 AM
Did you check the entries in your Blocked Senders list?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message =
> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts =
are=20
> shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts =
are=20
> still coming in under Junk Mail.
>=20
> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order =
in=20
> which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set up =
WLM,=20
> had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, =
then=20
> added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail =
going=20
> into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>=20
> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and =
we've=20
> been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM =
software=20
> update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build =
14.0.8064.0206.)
>=20
> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>=20
> Gordon
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message=20
>> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail =
from my=20
>> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to =
Safe=20
>> List Only.
>>
>> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list, =
but=20
>> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my =
wife's=20
>> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts =
that=20
>> are also on the Safe Senders list!
>>
>> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and =
the=20
>> Safe List Only option are in conflict?
>>
>> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message=20
>>> My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email=20
>>> addresses set up in WLM.  We also share the Contacts folder.  =
Starting=20
>>> about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's =
friends,=20
>>> who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her =
Junk=20
>>> Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem =
this=20
>>> flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages.  What =
might=20
>>> we be missing in our setup?
>>>
>>> Gordon Biggar

0
Gary
3/8/2010 5:40:52 PM
I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist were not
from the Contacts folder.

All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my wife's
Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to repeat;
it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced any
different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact
info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed something.

Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email address
from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this route,
if at all possible.

Gordon

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Did you check the entries in your Blocked Senders list?

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts are
>> shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts are
>> still coming in under Junk Mail.
>>
>> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order in
>> which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set up
>> WLM,
>> had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, then
>> added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail
>> going
>> into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>>
>> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, and
>> we've
>> been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM software
>> update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build
>> 14.0.8064.0206.)
>>
>> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>>> Under Safe Senders,  I have had checked the option to "trust mail from
>>> my
>>> Contacts."  Under the General option, the security has been set to Safe
>>> List Only.
>>>
>>> In my situation, I have none of my Contacts on the Safe Senders list,
>>> but
>>> all such messages come through okay, as one might expect.  In my wife's
>>> case, the messages going to the Junk Mail folder are those contacts that
>>> are also on the Safe Senders list!
>>>
>>> Possibly, the security setting ("trust mail from my Contacts") and the
>>> Safe List Only option are in conflict?
>>>
>>> Regardless, thanks for your thoughts.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
3/8/2010 7:23:35 PM
One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
uncheck the two boxes.

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message =
>I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist were =
not=20
> from the Contacts folder.
>=20
> All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my =
wife's=20
> Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to =
repeat;=20
> it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced =
any=20
> different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact=20
> info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed =
something.
>=20
> Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email =
address=20
> from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this =
route,=20
> if at all possible.
>=20
> Gordon
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> Did you check the entries in your Blocked Senders list?
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message=20
>>> The Safe Senders list now contains only three entries.  No Contacts =
are
>>> shown on this list, however.  But, messages from my wife's  Contacts =
are
>>> still coming in under Junk Mail.
>>>
>>> I'm wondering whether this could have something to do with the order =
in
>>> which our email accounts were set up.  In other words, when we set =
up=20
>>> WLM,
>>> had we used my wife's account as the initial account during setup, =
then
>>> added mine later, would I be the one having all of my Contacts' mail =

>>> going
>>> into Junk Mail?  (Don't want to uninstall WLM to find out!)
>>>
>>> The current problem did not manifest itself until 2-3 months ago, =
and=20
>>> we've
>>> been WLM users for almost a year.  Could there have been a WLM =
software
>>> update they we are not aware of?  (I am using v. 2009 Build=20
>>> 14.0.8064.0206.)
>>>
>>> Very frustrating, but not a disaster.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
Safe

Starting

0
Gary
3/9/2010 7:39:34 AM
This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:

My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only (was this
the default option at installation?).  Most of my messages from Contacts
have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), except for
those that I have reassigned to Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight list for
messages coming in to the Inbox).

As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This appears to
have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now coming in to her
Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am reassigning same
to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my Contacts list that I do not consider
of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see how that
plays out.

What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as designed,
using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not for my
wife's over the last couple of months.

Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly all of
the thoughts expressed in this forum.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
> uncheck the two boxes.

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist were
>>not
>> from the Contacts folder.
>>
>> All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my
>> wife's
>> Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to
>> repeat;
>> it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced any
>> different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact
>> info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed something.
>>
>> Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email
>> address
>> from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this
>> route,
>> if at all possible.
>>
>> Gordon
>>

>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Did you check the entries in your Blocked Senders list?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
3/10/2010 5:26:56 PM
Safe List Only is not the default setting in Windows Live Mail.

I don't really understand your statement about "Those on my=20
Contacts list that I do not consider of high priority I am also=20
reassigning to Junk Mail."
Why would you have senders in your Contacts whom you consider
to be Junk E-mail senders? And what exactly constitutes "reassigning"
them?

> This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:
>=20
> My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only (was =
this=20
> the default option at installation?).  Most of my messages from =
Contacts=20
> have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), except =
for=20
> those that I have reassigned to Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight =
list for=20
> messages coming in to the Inbox).
>=20
> As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This appears =
to=20
> have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now coming in to =
her=20
> Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am reassigning =
same=20
> to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my Contacts list that I do not =
consider=20
> of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see how =
that=20
> plays out.
>=20
> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as =
designed,=20
> using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not for =
my=20
> wife's over the last couple of months.
>=20
> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly all =
of=20
> the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>=20
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
>> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
>> uncheck the two boxes.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message=20
>>>I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist =
were=20
>>>not
>>> from the Contacts folder.
>>>
>>> All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my =

>>> wife's
>>> Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to=20
>>> repeat;
>>> it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced =
any
>>> different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact
>>> info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed =
something.

>>> Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email=20
>>> address
>>> from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this=20
>>> route,
>>> if at all possible.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

Contacts are
Contacts=20

What

0
Gary
3/11/2010 3:37:23 AM
Didn't think that this thread would get read!

When I downloaded and installed WLM about a year or so ago, I did not
perform any setup to the software, once installed.  But, we won't ask how
the security option got selected.

Didn't mean to confuse you about how I treat incoming emails.  I run an
equity hedge fund and I have about fifteen people with whom I am in constant
touch.  I like to have those emails, which I can address promptly,  come
directly into my Inbox.  Other Contacts with whom I might correspond
infrequently I like to have come into the Junk Mail folder (I don't really
have any other folder choice).  I don't receive that much truly junk mail,
so it's a relatively simple process of deleting it.  This procedure worked
very well for quite a period of time, prior to my recently changing the
Security option to High.  Now, of course, all of my Contacts messages have
started coming in to my Inbox, so I have to sort the urgent from the
routine.  For some of these I have clicked on "Junk" with the hopes that I
can have those messages come in under Junk Mail.  Sounds ridiculous, I'm
sure!

What I need is an Urgent Inbox for select Contacts, an Other Contacts Inbox,
and a Junk Mail folder.  But, life isn't perfect....

Gordon Biggar

> Safe List Only is not the default setting in Windows Live Mail.
>
> I don't really understand your statement about "Those on my
> Contacts list that I do not consider of high priority I am also
> reassigning to Junk Mail."
> Why would you have senders in your Contacts whom you consider
> to be Junk E-mail senders? And what exactly constitutes "reassigning"
> them?

> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
>> This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:
>>
>> My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only (was
>> this
>> the default option at installation?).  Most of my messages from Contacts
>> have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), except for
>> those that I have reassigned to Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight list
>> for
>> messages coming in to the Inbox).
>>
>> As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This appears to
>> have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now coming in to her
>> Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am reassigning
>> same
>> to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my Contacts list that I do not
>> consider
>> of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see how
>> that
>> plays out.
>>
>> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as designed,
>> using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not for my
>> wife's over the last couple of months.
>>
>> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly all of
>> the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>>
>> Gordon Biggar
>> Houston, Texas
>>

>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
>>> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
>>> uncheck the two boxes.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message

0
Gordon
3/11/2010 4:53:30 AM
Well, you can create as many custom folders as you want, and use
message rules to direct incoming mail to those folders.
You could even set up a "Priority Inbox" and have only incoming emails
from your select group of 15 investors go there, thereby reserving the=20
standard Inbox for mail from other contacts.
Using the Junk E-mail folder for other than its intended purpose could
be problematical.

> Didn't think that this thread would get read!
>=20
> When I downloaded and installed WLM about a year or so ago, I did not=20
> perform any setup to the software, once installed.  But, we won't ask =
how=20
> the security option got selected.
>=20
> Didn't mean to confuse you about how I treat incoming emails.  I run =
an=20
> equity hedge fund and I have about fifteen people with whom I am in =
constant=20
> touch.  I like to have those emails, which I can address promptly,  =
come=20
> directly into my Inbox.  Other Contacts with whom I might correspond=20
> infrequently I like to have come into the Junk Mail folder (I don't =
really=20
> have any other folder choice).  I don't receive that much truly junk =
mail,=20
> so it's a relatively simple process of deleting it.  This procedure =
worked=20
> very well for quite a period of time, prior to my recently changing =
the=20
> Security option to High.  Now, of course, all of my Contacts messages =
have=20
> started coming in to my Inbox, so I have to sort the urgent from the=20
> routine.  For some of these I have clicked on "Junk" with the hopes =
that I=20
> can have those messages come in under Junk Mail.  Sounds ridiculous, =
I'm=20
> sure!
>=20
> What I need is an Urgent Inbox for select Contacts, an Other Contacts =
Inbox,=20
> and a Junk Mail folder.  But, life isn't perfect....
>=20
> Gordon Biggar
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>> Safe List Only is not the default setting in Windows Live Mail.
>>
>> I don't really understand your statement about "Those on my
>> Contacts list that I do not consider of high priority I am also
>> reassigning to Junk Mail."
>> Why would you have senders in your Contacts whom you consider
>> to be Junk E-mail senders? And what exactly constitutes "reassigning"
>> them?
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message=20
>>> This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:
>>>
>>> My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only =
(was=20
>>> this
>>> the default option at installation?).  Most of my messages from =
Contacts
>>> have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), =
except for
>>> those that I have reassigned to Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight =
list=20
>>> for
>>> messages coming in to the Inbox).
>>>
>>> As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This =
appears to
>>> have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now coming in to =
her
>>> Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am =
reassigning=20
>>> same
>>> to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my Contacts list that I do not=20
>>> consider
>>> of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see =
how=20
>>> that
>>> plays out.
>>>
>>> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as =
designed,
>>> using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not =
for my
>>> wife's over the last couple of months.
>>>
>>> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly =
all of
>>> the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>>>
>>> Gordon Biggar
>>> Houston, Texas
>>>

>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

Contacts=20
Contacts

What

0
Gary
3/11/2010 5:25:18 AM
Gordon...
 Yes, some of us read all posts...you never know what tidbits or follow up content might be worthy.

 Glad to see you have some form of resolution in place..

 We all have our own mode of operation and interest in using WLM. For business purposes, imo, WLM might suffice for many, but my
best interests(business) are served by Outlook which fortunately is more capable and much better at managing data and of
course...Junk Mail.

Good luck..and yes...life is not perfect nor is any email client.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message news:eR4ejbHwKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:
>
> My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only (was this the default option at installation?).  Most of my
> messages from Contacts have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), except for those that I have reassigned to
> Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight list for messages coming in to the Inbox).
>
> As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This appears to have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now
> coming in to her Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am reassigning same to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my
> Contacts list that I do not consider of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see how that plays out.
>
> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as designed, using the Safe Senders option worked for my email
> address, but not for my wife's over the last couple of months.
>
> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly all of the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:uIGoqu1vKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
>> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
>> uncheck the two boxes.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message news:854D2C67-5E83-4B97-8BAF-0B7E5777D41C@microsoft.com...
>>>I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist were not
>>> from the Contacts folder.
>>>
>>> All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my wife's
>>> Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to repeat;
>>> it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced any
>>> different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact
>>> info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed something.
>>>
>>> Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email address
>>> from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this route,
>>> if at all possible.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
winston
3/11/2010 6:04:49 AM
I suppose that I could set up message rules to have the priority emails go
into a specific folder, and leave the rest to normality.  Hadn't thought of
that.  Thanks.

This forum has been truly outstanding in the services that it provides users
such as myself.  I stayed with Windows 2000 up until a year ago, essentially
because the User Forum there was "top drawer," and always there to answer my
questions.  My computer needs are pretty much bread and butter.
Fortunately, there are folks such as yourselves who graciously give of their
time to make life easier for the rest of us.

GB

"Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msntoday.com> wrote in message
> This thread may be getting too old to be relevant, but here goes:
>
> My Security Option checked has traditionally been Safe List Only (was this
> the default option at installation?).  Most of my messages from Contacts
> have come into my Inbox (I have no Contacts on the Safe List), except for
> those that I have reassigned to Junk Mail.  (I like to keep a tight list
> for messages coming in to the Inbox).
>
> As an experiment, I changed the Security Option to High.  This appears to
> have cured my wife's problem, so that Contacts are now coming in to her
> Inbox.  I am getting some Junk Mail in my Inbox, but I am reassigning same
> to the Junk Mail folder.  Those on my Contacts list that I do not consider
> of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see how
> that plays out.
>
> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as designed,
> using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not for my
> wife's over the last couple of months.
>
> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly all of
> the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>
> Gordon Biggar
> Houston, Texas
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
>> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and
>> uncheck the two boxes.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Gordon Biggar" <colonel_biggs@msn.com> wrote in message
>>>I deleted all entries in this list last week; those that did exist were
>>>not
>>> from the Contacts folder.
>>>
>>> All incoming messages (from the Contacts list) are not going into my
>>> wife's
>>> Junk Mail folder.  But, the ones that do go into Junk Mail seem to
>>> repeat;
>>> it is not a random affair.  The WLM upgrade so far has not produced any
>>> different results.  I am going to examine more closely the contact
>>> info/addresses of those going into Junk Mail, in case I missed
>>> something.
>>>
>>> Another possibility, I suppose, would be to delete my wife's email
>>> address
>>> from WLM, reboot, and then re-install it.  Would like to avoid this
>>> route,
>>> if at all possible.
>>>
>>> Gordon
>>>

>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
Gordon
3/11/2010 2:52:56 PM
Glad to have been of some help.

> [...]
consider=20
>> of high priority I am also reassigning to Junk Mail, so I will see =
how=20
>> that plays out.
>>
>> What I still do not understand is why mail heretofore sorted as =
designed,=20
>> using the Safe Senders option worked for my email address, but not =
for my=20
>> wife's over the last couple of months.
>>
>> Regardless, I have leaned more about WLM, and I appreciate greatly =
all of=20
>> the thoughts expressed in this forum.
>>
>> Gordon Biggar
>> Houston, Texas
>>

>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>>> One other possibility is that Windows Live Mail is classifying those
>>> messages as 'phishing'. Go to Tools, Safety options, Phishing, and

0
Gary

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

sharing of folders

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

No Warning When Transaction Edits Are Going To Be Lost
I don't know how many times I have finished editing a transaction, and then inadvertently clicked somewhere else, like up into the register to see a prior example, and lost all my edits. The real problem is that there is no notification from Money that I am about to lose all my edits, it just trashes them. Sure would be nice if Money asked me if I want to save the edits before discarding them, yes?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Mail lMerge

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

auto complete replacement list
Is there a file that contains the auto complete data for Excel 03 I have allot of data to add and there must be a way to do it faster than going in through the auto complete options and adding them one by one. Thanks Tangy Auto Complete or Auto Correct? Auto complete or "pick from list" is based on what you have entered in contiguous cells above where you are now entering data. There is no list saved anywhere that you can edit. Auto Correct list is added to one by one AFAIK. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:54:16 -0500, "Tangy" <t a n g y@rogers...

Exchange Message Archive/Availability
I have Exchange 5.5 currently. I've posted a few messages this morning on store limits. Thanks for the replies! This quetion is a geared a bit differently. Our users receive a lot of email that they want to retain, but business-wise it does not belong in their mailbox. Meaning, its an email that other people in the organization should have access to. A quick example of this would be a customer service rep receiving an email PO. This may be an attachment or it may be just in the body of the email. Currently, this rep creates a folder in their mailbox called customer A and retains the email...

Recording Macro Error Message
While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired result/calculation. When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the code, but the furmula is not listed. I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all as...

Installation Error Message
I am attemting to install CRM4 or W2003 server running SQL 2008. I get the following message: Setup requires SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 Hotfix for role creation on SQL Reporting Service SP2 Workgroup edition at the specified Reporting Services Report Server http://XXXXX/reportserver. It is asking for SQL2005 hotfix yet I am running SQl2008. Any suggestions? ...