Setting Windows Live Mail

:I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
network connection could not be established on your computer because the
remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
Connection Properties.
Everything looks right, any other ideas?

I just got off the phone with the ISP and they say it is a WLM problem.   I
get to the logon screen after trying to send a message and put my user name
and password and it keeps popping up in the box like it doesn't recognize
what I just typed in

"Jamie D" wrote:

> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
Can you access the Internet via Internet Explorer on the PC?  I'm
guessing you can.

If so, in WLM look at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail/News, Properties,
Connection.  It's likely one or more of your accounts are set to use a
specific connection.  Uncheck that.  Then WLM will use whatever Internet
connection is already open.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to
> connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because
> the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact
> your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in
> the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?

0
Michael
4/11/2010 7:35:36 PM
Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
Task and Error tab:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

"Jamie D" wrote:

> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> Connection Properties.
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
Thanks for the quick reply.  I can access the internet and this account does
have a web based email, although it pops up resembling WLM, but not quite.
Those blocks you were referring to are unchecked and the message states "if
this account requires you to connect using a LAN or a specific dial-up
connection, you may override your default IE connection setting."

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> Can you access the Internet via Internet Explorer on the PC?  I'm
> guessing you can.
>
> If so, in WLM look at Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail/News, Properties,
> Connection.  It's likely one or more of your accounts are set to use a
> specific connection.  Uncheck that.  Then WLM will use whatever Internet
> connection is already open.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to
> > connect.  I
> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> > ingoing
> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> > the
> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> > broadband
> > network connection could not be established on your computer because
> > the
> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> > value
> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact
> > your ISP
> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in
> > the
> > Connection Properties.
> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>

> .

I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is=20
interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
problem.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to =
connect.  I=20
> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server =
ingoing=20
> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have =
the=20
> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The =
broadband=20
> network connection could not be established on your computer because =
the=20
> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid =
value=20
> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact =
your ISP=20
> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in =
the=20
> Connection Properties.  =20
> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
0
Gary
4/11/2010 9:30:59 PM
What are you authentication settings?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> Task and Error tab:
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> account.
> An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> account.
>
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
>
> "Jamie D" wrote:
>
>> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
>> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
>> ingoing
>> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
>> the
>> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
>> broadband
>> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
>> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
>> value
>> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
>> ISP
>> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
>> Connection Properties.
>> Everything looks right, any other ideas?

0
Ron
4/11/2010 9:52:20 PM
When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP
called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall
with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a
screen shot?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is
> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
> problem.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.  I
> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server ingoing
> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have the
> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The broadband
> > network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value
> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP
> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> > Connection Properties.
> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
> .

Under Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties Servers tab >Outgoing Mail Server
checked block> Settings > "are the same as my email address and login."
Is that what you are asking?

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What are you authentication settings?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> > Task and Error tab:
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> > account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Jamie D" wrote:
> >
> >> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
> >> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> >> ingoing
> >> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> >> the
> >> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> >> broadband
> >> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> >> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> >> value
> >> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
> >> ISP
> >> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> >> Connection Properties.
> >> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>
> .

There are two ways to share a screenshot.
First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you =
can attach
it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from =
my ISP=20
> called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my =
firewall=20
> with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I =
post a=20
> screen shot?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
>> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
>> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
>> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
>> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is =

>> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
>> problem.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Jamie D" <Jamie D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to =
connect.  I=20
>> > downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my =
server ingoing=20
>> > and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I =
have the=20
>> > correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The =
broadband=20
>> > network connection could not be established on your computer =
because the=20
>> > remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and =
invalid value=20
>> > for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact =
your ISP=20
>> > and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it =
in the=20
>> > Connection Properties.  =20
>> > Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>> .

0
Gary
4/11/2010 11:12:33 PM
Yes, that is what I was asking.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

> Under Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties Servers tab >Outgoing Mail Server
> checked block> Settings > "are the same as my email address and login."
> Is that what you are asking?
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> What are you authentication settings?
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has
>> > Task and Error tab:
>> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
>> > account.
>> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
>> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
>> > account.
>> >
>> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
>> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
>> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
>> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
>> > Protocol: POP3
>> > Port: 110
>> > Secure(SSL): No

>> .

0
Ron
4/12/2010 12:53:18 AM
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg

http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg

See if this is helpful........
I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I
am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the
message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting
that I need to change?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
> the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
> as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach
> it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
> http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP
> > called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall
> > with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a
> > screen shot?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm interested in knowing where you are seeing that error
> >> message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or
> >> Windows Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error
> >> message in another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
> >> It sounds like you are running some type of security software that is
> >> interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of your
> >> problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

Thanks for the screenshots, but nowhere in those do I see the error =
message
I asked for, the one that includes "The broadband network connection =
could=20
not be established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.
This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service Name: =
field..."

If you have stopped getting that particular error message after =
switching
firewalls, then it was generated by the F-Secure Firewall.
The Windows Firewall is 100% compatible with Microsoft's email programs,
so you should not have to change any settings in it.

Regarding the failure to send, do you have "Send Messages Immediately"=20
enabled under Tools, Options, Send? Is there any error message when you=20
click on Send?

> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
>=20
> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
>=20
> See if this is helpful........
> I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, =
and I=20
> am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting =
the=20
> message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a =
setting=20
> that I need to change?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
>> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press
>> the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image
>> as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you =
can attach
>> it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as
>> http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if =
from my ISP=20
>> > called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my =
firewall=20
>> > with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do =
I post a=20
>> > screen shot?
>> >=20
>> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>> >=20
I have the=20
The broadband=20

>> .

0
Gary
4/12/2010 3:15:21 AM
Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
--
Noel

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A1E6B3-4F55-4579-9593-7EE83CD24D1D@microsoft.com...
> http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg
>
> http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg
>
> See if this is helpful........
> I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting that I need to change?
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
>> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

>> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
>> > When you try to send an email, it pops up.  The virus software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?

0
Ildhund
4/12/2010 9:31:50 AM
Yes but the OP was having the problem with sending, and he was using the
separate "Log on using" credentials for sending which included his full =
email address.

"Ildhund" <jnllb@removemsn.com> wrote in message =
> [...]
know you cited the actual mail client error message in another post, but =
the one here may be a clue to something.
that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of =
your problem.
>=20
to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I =
have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone =
it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

0
Gary
4/13/2010 12:39:39 AM
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage2.jpg
Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button on the
email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  Immediately that,
the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email address and
password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  I know
the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the web base
email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server error
message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, but it
doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will allow me
to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails from the
web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there anything
else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows Firewall and this
screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the immediate send
setting.

"Ildhund" wrote:

> Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
> --
> Noel
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A1E6B3-4F55-4579-9593-7EE83CD24D1D@microsoft.com...
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage1.jpg
> >
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/accountproperties1.jpg
> >
> > See if this is helpful........
> > I changed the firewall from the F-Secure one to the Windows Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows firewall have a setting that I need to change?
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There are two ways to share a screenshot.
> >> First the common part: With the error message in the foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.

> .

I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any=20
setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
nothing to do with Windows Firewall.

hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt=20
for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a=20
reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)

> =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage2.jpg
> Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button =
on the=20
> email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  =
Immediately that,=20
> the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email =
address and=20
> password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  =
I know=20
> [...]
Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in another =
post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the source of =
your problem.
>>=20
to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I =
have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone =
it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =

0
Gary
4/13/2010 1:44:09 AM
THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
to be entering for some other application?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
> before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any
> setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
> nothing to do with Windows Firewall.
>
> hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt
> for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
> message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a
> reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D9B40C-A378-4FE3-B359-F417ACB0C136@microsoft.com...
> > http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages/errormessage2.jpg
> > Here is the part I can't get past.  When I go to hit the send button on the
> > email, this WLM block with the error and task tab pops up.  Immediately that,
> > the Logon box pops up asking my logon info.   I put my full email address and
> > password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and over.  I know
> > the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the web base
> > email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server error
> > message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, but it
> > doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will allow me
> > to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails from the
> > web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there anything
> > else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows Firewall and this
> > screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the immediate send
> > setting.
> >
> > "Ildhund" wrote:
> >
> >> Looking at your screenshot, I see that the 'E-mail username' shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to put your full e-mail address in that box, including the '@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish between you and someone with the same first part but, say, @embarqmail.com. Try it.
> >> --
> >> Noel

> >> .
> >>
> .

Logon to your account in its web interface and reduce your account password length to 12 characters or less. Then reenter in the
password in the account's properties in WLM.
 - Note: you may have to remove the account, if corrupt. Ensure you backup all mail for that account to the storage folders prior
to removing the account since account removal deletes the account and all messages for that account in WLM and on your hard drive.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> to be entering for some other application?

0
winston
4/13/2010 9:06:21 AM
You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your =
antivirus?
Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.=20
Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.=20
(But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct =
login=20
> password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password =
I need=20
> [...]
address and=20
>> > password and it just keeps popping up the same request over and =
over.  I know=20
>> > the logon info is correct, because I use the same to log on to the =
web base=20
>> > email.  I have disabled the F-Secure firewall and the remote server =
error=20
>> > message has not reappeared.  I have enabled the Window Firewall, =
but it=20
>> > doesn't seem to allow me to logon to send these messages, but will =
allow me=20
>> > to open WLM to type and email.  I have yet to retrieve any emails =
from the=20
>> > web.  According to my ISP. all my server info is correct.  Is there =
anything=20
>> > else I am missing?  I even temporarily disabled the Windows =
Firewall and this=20
>> > screen still appears.  I have the message send option to the =
immediate send=20
>> > setting.
>> >=20
>> > "Ildhund" wrote:
>> >=20
only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of =
different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to =
put your full e-mail address in that box, including the =
'@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish =
between you and someone with the same first part but, say, =
@embarqmail.com. Try it.
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still =
not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows =
firewall have a setting that I need to change?
press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, save the =
image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say under 50KB, =
you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a sharing site =
such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email =
filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to =
look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?
message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or Windows Live =
Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in another =
post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
software that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the =
source of your problem.
message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
server to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect. =
 I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted and =
redone it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I keep =
getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not be =
established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

>> .

0
Gary
4/13/2010 5:27:57 PM
I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before I
created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your antivirus?
> Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.
> Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>
> Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
> the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.
> (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> > THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> > password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> > to be entering for some other application?
> >
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know why you keep mentioning Windows Firewall. As I said
> >> before, Windows Firewall is 100% compatible, it does not require any
> >> setting changes for Microsoft email programs. Your send failure has
> >> nothing to do with Windows Firewall.
> >>
> >> hat latest screenshot is not very informative. When you get that prompt
> >> for logon, click Cancel, which should generate a more informative error
> >> message. Right-click on that error message, copy, then paste it into a
> >> reply here. No need for blurry screenshots.  :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

> >> .
> >>
> .

I thought I deleted the account and made another one, throught the
Tools>accounts  tab, but I see that you can go online and delete the account
also.  Which are you referring to?  BTW I deleted it through WLM and made it
again, but it still gives me the \/ error message?  Is there a phone number
to call someone live to get help?

"Jamie D" wrote:

> I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before I
> created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your antivirus?
> > Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.
> > Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
> > explained here:
> > http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
> >
> > Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, delete
> > the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.
> > (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >

> > "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0B171E-D5D7-4CD9-808B-7999EF3F27DD@microsoft.com...
> > > THanks for the tip..... how is this?  I know I am entering my correct login
> > > password for email for my email account.  Is there some other password I need
> > > to be entering for some other application?
> > >
> > > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) account.
> > > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > > account.
> > >
> > > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > > Protocol: POP3
> > > Port: 110
> > > Secure(SSL): No

> > .

You mean you can also delete the account at=20
http://webmail.centurylink.net/webmail  ?

I would not do that, except as a last resort.

I meant for you to delete the account in Windows Live Mail, as follows:
1. Turn off email scanning in F-Secure.  Reboot your computer.
2. Delete that mail account in Windows Live Mail.
3. Restart Windows Live Mail.
4. Recreate that mail account.

If no improvement, I suggest doing a trial uninstall of the entire =
F-Secure program.

>I thought I deleted the account and made another one, throught the=20
> Tools>accounts  tab, but I see that you can go online and delete the =
account=20
> also.  Which are you referring to?  BTW I deleted it through WLM and =
made it=20
> again, but it still gives me the \/ error message?  Is there a phone =
number=20
> to call someone live to get help?
>=20
> Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats) =
account.=20
> An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive=20
> messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for =
this=20
> account.
>=20
> Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No
>=20
> "Jamie D" wrote:
>=20
>> I have disabled the email scanning block in F-secure, but not before =
I=20
>> created this account.  BTW, my password is less than 12 characters.
>>=20
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>>=20
>> > You mentioned the F-Secure firewall before, is F-Secure also your =
antivirus?
>> > Be sure to disable any email scanning by your antivirus.=20
>> > Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
>> > explained here:
>> > http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>> >=20
>> > Since your antivirus has probably corrupted that mail account, =
delete
>> > the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.=20
>> > (But first read the caution mentioned by Winston.)
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> > Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage2.jpg
Immediately that,=20
Firewall, but it=20
Firewall and this=20
shows only the first part of your address. Century Link handles a lot of =
different domains as far as I can see, so I can imagine you'll have to =
put your full e-mail address in that box, including the =
'@centurylink.net'. Otherwise the server may not be able to distinguish =
between you and someone with the same first part but, say, =
@embarqmail.com. Try it.
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/errormessage1.jpg
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af60/ducktang_2009/computer%20messages=
/accountproperties1.jpg
Firewall, and I am not getting the log in request again, but I am still =
not getting the message to go out when I hit send.  Does the Windows =
firewall have a setting that I need to change?
foreground press the Alt+PrintScreen keys. Then open Paint, do a paste, =
save the image as a .jpg file. If that file is relatively small, say =
under 50KB, you can attach it to a post here. Or you can upload it to a =
sharing site such as http://tinypic.com , then give us the URL link.
message news:849A1BF0-6DB6-40EB-98B5-2112D4EAA180@microsoft.com...
software if from my ISP called F-Secure.  I turned off any email =
filtering.  It may be my firewall with this, but not quite sure where to =
look or how to fix.  How do I post a screen shot?
error message because it is not one generated by Windows Mail or Windows =
Live Mail. I know you cited the actual mail client error message in =
another post, but the one here may be a clue to something.
software that is interfering with the mail client. That is probably the =
source of your problem.
message news:74F31518-5C64-42A6-AE0E-0E0C63BA6B71@microsoft.com...
my server to connect.  I downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to =
connect.  I have my server ingoing and outgoing correct, I have deleted =
and redone it many times.  I have the correct username and password.  I =
keep getting an error 815:  The broadband network connection could not =
be established on your computer because the remote server is not =
responding.  This could be caused by and invalid value for the :Service =
Name: field for this connections.  please contact your ISP and inquire =
about the correct valued for this field and update it in the Connection =
Properties.  =20

>> > .

0
Gary
4/14/2010 4:21:26 AM
Check under properties of your email account, click on the "Servers" tab .
Make sure your E-mail username is complete ie: username@urisp.com

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> What are you authentication settings?
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Jamie D" <JamieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the error message in the I get the the WLM message box that has a
> > Task and Error tab:
> > Unable to send or receive messages for the Centurylink (sandyflats)
> > account.
> > An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive
> > messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this
> > account.
> >
> > Server Error: 0x800CCC90
> > Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password
> > Server: 'pop.centurylink.net'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
> > Protocol: POP3
> > Port: 110
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> > "Jamie D" wrote:
> >
> >> :I have Vista and it came with WM.  I could not get my server to connect.
> >> downloaded WLM and still cannot get it to connect.  I have my server
> >> ingoing
> >> and outgoing correct, I have deleted and redone it many times.  I have
> >> the
> >> correct username and password.  I keep getting an error 815:  The
> >> broadband
> >> network connection could not be established on your computer because the
> >> remote server is not responding.  This could be caused by and invalid
> >> value
> >> for the :Service Name: field for this connections.  please contact your
> >> ISP
> >> and inquire about the correct valued for this field and update it in the
> >> Connection Properties.
> >> Everything looks right, any other ideas?
>
> .

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Window Redirection?

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Odd e-mail duplication problem

going live and outlook
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy synchronization in outlook ! exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9886941/ > > If microsoft wants to go live, she should consider easy > synchronization in outlook ! Sounds like a scheme to add additional license fees on top of what one already pays. -- Brian Tillman Its up to the company to charge additional costs. I believe that msn has some margin to sacrifice from its profit margin for the sake of future profits. People use computers, at ho...