Server Error 550; Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78; Mail won't Send

My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I thought I
would post it.  My mail also receives and does not send.  My computer is
brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible McAfee.  When it
expires I will load my subscription of Webroot Spysweeper Antivirus I used on
my now dead XP machine.  I have separate firewall which is also Webroot and I
know how to use Webroot stuff at least but it is not listed as compatible on
the Microsoft Site.  I don't have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly Win 7
has been a nightmare.  I suppose I will just have to experiment.  Lots of
slighty older software is ragingly NOT Win 7 compatible, so I am stuck with
Live Mail which doesn't work either.

It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar
problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution-- Just do
away with your virus ware and firewall?!  I've tried all the different SSL
settings, but I will try again as there are apparently "two places" you have
to worry about.  Meanwhile I am fortunate my ISP offers Webmail and that is
where I am sending from for now, and I will keep trying with different
strategies with the virus ware as I have changes coming up in that.

complete error msg (I have hidden my email with x's which displayed as the
correct one):

Subject 'Testing my email'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

You've never been able to send since you bought your computer? The error
message states the address (your email address) is invalid. Check
Tools|Accounts (select your email account and click Properties). On the
Servers tab, at the bottom, make sure the box for "My server requires
authentication is checked. Then click the Settings button and select "Use
same settings as my incoming mail server." Click OK, Apply, OK.

HTH

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com

"REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Subject 'Testing my email'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

0
Patrick
11/15/2009 8:53:18 PM
See http://www.aceweb.net/support/email/outlook_6.html
It's written for Outlook Express, but the WLM settings are similar.

Do you have the My Server Requires Authentication checked as indicated?

The error you are getting means that your ISP doesn't recognize you as
an authorized sender.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I
> thought I
> would post it.  My mail also receives and does not send.  My computer
> is
> brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible McAfee.
> When it
> expires I will load my subscription of Webroot Spysweeper Antivirus I
> used on
> my now dead XP machine.  I have separate firewall which is also
> Webroot and I
> know how to use Webroot stuff at least but it is not listed as
> compatible on
> the Microsoft Site.  I don't have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly
> Win 7
> has been a nightmare.  I suppose I will just have to experiment.  Lots
> of
> slighty older software is ragingly NOT Win 7 compatible, so I am stuck
> with
> Live Mail which doesn't work either.
>
> It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar
> problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution-- Just
> do
> away with your virus ware and firewall?!  I've tried all the different
> SSL
> settings, but I will try again as there are apparently "two places"
> you have
> to worry about.  Meanwhile I am fortunate my ISP offers Webmail and
> that is
> where I am sending from for now, and I will keep trying with different
> strategies with the virus ware as I have changes coming up in that.
>
> complete error msg (I have hidden my email with x's which displayed as
> the
> correct one):
>
> Subject 'Testing my email'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

0
Michael
11/15/2009 9:18:08 PM
"REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I
> thought I would post it.  My mail also receives and does not send.  My
> computer is brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible
> McAfee.  When it expires I will load my subscription of Webroot
> Spysweeper Antivirus I used on my now dead XP machine.  I have separate
> firewall which is also Webroot and I know how to use Webroot stuff at
> least but it is not listed as compatible on the Microsoft Site.  I don't
> have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly Win 7 has been a nightmare.  I
> suppose I will just have to experiment.  Lots of slighty older software
> is ragingly NOT Win 7 compatible, so I am stuck with Live Mail which
> doesn't work either.
>
> It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar
> problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution-- Just do
> away with your virus ware and firewall?!  I've tried all the different
> SSL settings, but I will try again as there are apparently "two places"
> you have to worry about.  Meanwhile I am fortunate my ISP offers Webmail
> and that is where I am sending from for now, and I will keep trying with
> different strategies with the virus ware as I have changes coming up in
> that.
>
> complete error msg (I have hidden my email with x's which displayed as
> the correct one):
>
> Subject 'Testing my email'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

At the risk of stating the obvious, the error message says that an address
@acewb.com* is invalid, and RIPE reports no such domain. Your SMTP server
is at aceweb.com*. Perhaps you should check that email address and try
again.

* Only one 'e'
** Two 'e's
--
Noel

0
Ildhund
11/15/2009 9:20:31 PM
As another responder already advised you, there is a rather obvious
typo in your email address.

Incidentally, the free Microsoft antivirus and firewall are 100% =
compatible
with Windows 7, which is all I use. The other vendors may need some time
to make their products fully compatible.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I =
thought I=20
> would post it.  My mail also receives and does not send.  My computer =
is=20
> brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible McAfee.  =
When it=20
> expires I will load my subscription of Webroot Spysweeper Antivirus I =
used on=20
> my now dead XP machine.  I have separate firewall which is also =
Webroot and I=20
> know how to use Webroot stuff at least but it is not listed as =
compatible on=20
> the Microsoft Site.  I don't have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly =
Win 7=20
> has been a nightmare.  I suppose I will just have to experiment.  Lots =
of=20
> slighty older software is ragingly NOT Win 7 compatible, so I am stuck =
with=20
> Live Mail which doesn't work either.
>=20
> It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar=20
> problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution-- Just =
do=20
> away with your virus ware and firewall?!  I've tried all the different =
SSL=20
> settings, but I will try again as there are apparently "two places" =
you have=20
> to worry about.  Meanwhile I am fortunate my ISP offers Webmail and =
that is=20
> where I am sending from for now, and I will keep trying with different =

> strategies with the virus ware as I have changes coming up in that.
>=20
> complete error msg (I have hidden my email with x's which displayed as =
the=20
> correct one):
>=20
> Subject 'Testing my email'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

0
Gary
11/15/2009 11:27:57 PM

"REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0C121EF-3BA7-41AB-BC9A-21C6531081B7@microsoft.com...

> It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar
> problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution-- Just do
> away with your virus ware and firewall?!

You misrepresent a common suggestion by stating it that way.
And I'm not really sure what you're referring to by mentioning
firewall anyway.   Essentially the idea is to disable E-mail
scanning if that is enabled, not do anything else with your
AV, unless it is to replace it by something better.

---

0
Robert
11/16/2009 6:46:24 AM
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:38:01 -0800, REMY wrote:

> My server error is a little different from everyone elses here so I thought I
> would post it.  My mail also receives and does not send.  My computer is
> brand new and came loaded by Dell with supposedly compatible McAfee.  When it
> expires I will load my subscription of Webroot Spysweeper Antivirus I used on
> my now dead XP machine.  I have separate firewall which is also Webroot and I
> know how to use Webroot stuff at least but it is not listed as compatible on
> the Microsoft Site.  I don't have a backup disk of McAfee and frankly Win 7
> has been a nightmare.  I suppose I will just have to experiment.  Lots of
> slighty older software is ragingly NOT Win 7 compatible, so I am stuck with
> Live Mail which doesn't work either.
>
> It is comforting to know other people are having the same or similar
> problem, but shocking that there is no real acceptable solution--

I just upgraded a computer from 32-bit Windows XP MCE 2005 to 64-bit Windows
7 Home Premium. Compatibility issues of some software have been dealt with:
Belkin Power Management load under compatibility mode; told Windows to load
it as "Windows XP; SP2". Family Treemaker is running as, "Windows 98/ME". A
couple of Netgear drivers (for print server and SAN disk) won't go in, but I
am still working on that. Otherwise, everything I have thrown at Windows 7
has worked.

> Just do away with your virus ware and firewall?!

Running the 64-bit version of Windows Security Essentials. Using the native
Windows 7 firewall behind a router.

> I've tried all the different SSL settings ...

Now we get to the heart of things ...

> ... but I will try again as there are apparently "two places" you have
> to worry about.  Meanwhile I am fortunate my ISP offers Webmail and that is
> where I am sending from for now, and I will keep trying with different
> strategies with the virus ware as I have changes coming up in that.
>
> complete error msg (I have hidden my email with x's which displayed as the
> correct one):
>
> Subject 'Testing my email'
> Server Error: 550
> Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No

Per the instructions here:

http://www.aceweb.net/support/email/outlook_6.html

No SSL required. Just check the, "My server requires authentication" box,
and make sure your User Name is your full aceweb.com email address.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

"Patrick Palczewski" wrote:

> You've never been able to send since you bought your computer? The error
> message states the address (your email address) is invalid. Check
> Tools|Accounts (select your email account and click Properties). On the
> Servers tab, at the bottom, make sure the box for "My server requires
> authentication is checked. Then click the Settings button and select "Use
> same settings as my incoming mail server." Click OK, Apply, OK.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Patrick P.
> www.boydcomputersvcs.com
>

> "REMY" <REMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Subject 'Testing my email'
> > Server Error: 550
> > Server Response: 550 5.1.8 <xxxx@acewb.com> Invalid address
> > Server: 'smtp.aceweb.com'
> > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78
> > Protocol: SMTP
> > Port: 25
> > Secure(SSL): No
> >
> .
> Hi guys...I have the same error but instead of 550 I have 531, and I tried to do what u instructed Patrick but now a windows security logon box is appearing asking me for user name and password and after I write everything in the box but few seconds later is there again asking for username and password...and its going on and on...what did I do wrong?
In the future, please start a new thread instead of hijacking one =
started by
someone else with a different error message.

When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click =
Cancel,
which should then produce an error message. Right-click on your error =
message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting =
without
the complete error message.

First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.

What type of mail account is it, POP, IMAP, or Live/Hotmail?

Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

For more on why email scanning in your antivirus is bad, see:

"orangecami"  wrote in message =
> .
> Hi guys...I have the same error but instead of 550 I have 531, and I =
tried to do what u instructed Patrick but now a windows=20
> security logon box is appearing asking me for user name and password =
and after I write everything in the box but few seconds=20
> later is there again asking for username and password...and its going =
on and on...what did I do wrong?=20

0
Gary

Crash on 'Send"

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Recieve Mail Before Sending

How to restore entire server?

Event id 9693 MsExchangeIS
Has anyone else in the world seen this? I used to get 9667 before upgrading to SP2. Hi Stillabdul, I need more information to be able to assist you with this. Can you please post the entire event here to the newsgroups ... please change and internal information to generic names like "Computer". Hope this Helps, -- Matthew Byrd Microsoft PSS Run Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Today http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/exbpa When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ...

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Mail lMerge

error on upgrade: ID 4386

error 0x800cc0f

DNS Error on Exchange

Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg.
Help. This error message displays when my user opens Outlook 2002. The only fix I can find is to update my exchange server.. which is already up to date. Any suggestions? ...

Recording Macro Error Message
While recording the macro, I access the cell I need the formula in and write the formula. After writing the formula and hitting ENTER, I receive a microsoft GUI with "Unable To Record", and ackknowledge the GUI by hitting OK. The forluma is written to the cell - all even has the desired result/calculation. When I access the code, the navigation within the worksheet is listed in the code, but the furmula is not listed. I tried exiting the file and trying a second time, yet the same results. How do I "reset" the macro recorder to again begin to record all as...