Sending from a different Email account

Hi,
I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four email
addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending mail. I
don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want to
pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me to
just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM tab!
Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere, or is
something set up wrong?

Is this a POP3 account? Do you see the To field where you enter addresses?
To the right of that, there should be a From field, not tab. It should
show your default e-mail address and the down-arrow should let you choose
another address.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"dreamer" <dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four
> email
> addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending
> mail. I
> don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want
> pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me
> just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM
> tab!
> Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere,
> or is
> something set up wrong?

0
Bruce
3/4/2010 12:20:00 AM
In WLMail, the default account is in the From field if you want to send an
email to the author of a news post or if you try to send an email from
another program.  Otherwise, the From field contains the account that has
the folder that you are currently viewing.
Replies will put the account that received the email in From.

Outlook Express (and Windows Mail?) put the default account in From.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> Is this a POP3 account? Do you see the To field where you enter addresses?
> To the right of that, there should be a From field, not tab. It should
> show your default e-mail address and the down-arrow should let you choose
> another address.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "dreamer" <dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four
>> email
>> addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending
>> mail. I
>> don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want to
>> pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me to
>> just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM
>> tab!
>> Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere, or
>> is
>> something set up wrong?

0
Ron
3/4/2010 2:20:18 AM
Why are you telling me this? The OP said he didn't have a From Tab. I know
where the From field is supposed to be.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> In WLMail, the default account is in the From field if you want to send
> an email to the author of a news post or if you try to send an email
> from another program.  Otherwise, the From field contains the account
> that has the folder that you are currently viewing.
> Replies will put the account that received the email in From.
>
> Outlook Express (and Windows Mail?) put the default account in From.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is this a POP3 account? Do you see the To field where you enter
>> addresses? To the right of that, there should be a From field, not tab.
>> It should show your default e-mail address and the down-arrow should
>> let you choose another address.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "dreamer" <dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four
>>> email
>>> addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending
>>> mail. I
>>> don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want
>>> pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me
>>> just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM
>>> tab!
>>> Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere,
>>> or is
>>> something set up wrong?

0
Bruce
3/4/2010 2:40:10 AM
Bruce,
I did not say anything about where the From field is.  My post was saying
what account is going to be in the From field.  dreamer did not mention
default account, yet your reply said 'It should show your default e-mail
address'.
--

> Why are you telling me this? The OP said he didn't have a From Tab. I know
> where the From field is supposed to be.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> In WLMail, the default account is in the From field if you want to send
>> an email to the author of a news post or if you try to send an email from
>> another program.  Otherwise, the From field contains the account that has
>> the folder that you are currently viewing.
>> Replies will put the account that received the email in From.
>>
>> Outlook Express (and Windows Mail?) put the default account in From.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Is this a POP3 account? Do you see the To field where you enter
>>> addresses? To the right of that, there should be a From field, not tab.
>>> It should show your default e-mail address and the down-arrow should let
>>> you choose another address.
>>> --
>>>           Bruce Hagen
>>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>>> "dreamer" <dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Ron
3/4/2010 3:13:49 AM
Well mine does show my default e-mail account's "address", and if you have
more than one account/address, there should be a From field. Better? Why
not help the OP and worry about semantics later. He can't even find his
From field.
--

> Bruce,
> I did not say anything about where the From field is.  My post was
> saying what account is going to be in the From field.  dreamer did not
> mention default account, yet your reply said 'It should show your
> default e-mail address'.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Why are you telling me this? The OP said he didn't have a From Tab. I
>> know where the From field is supposed to be.
>> --
>>           Bruce Hagen
>>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>      Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>>> In WLMail, the default account is in the From field if you want to
>>> send an email to the author of a news post or if you try to send an
>>> email from another program.  Otherwise, the From field contains the
>>> account that has the folder that you are currently viewing.
>>> Replies will put the account that received the email in From.
>>>
>>> Outlook Express (and Windows Mail?) put the default account in From.
>>> --
>>> Ron Sommer
>>> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>>>
>>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

0
Bruce
3/4/2010 3:24:09 AM
Dreamer,
 Provide us with some additional information
 - Open Windows Live Mail using the shortcut on your start or programs men

1. Version of Windows Live Mail (WLM) ?
    - WLM menu/Help/About Microsoft Windows Live Mail
 - if the WLM menu is not present press the ALT key

2. Have you configured one of your 4 accounts as Default in WLM
 WLM Menu/Tools/Accounts/<select an email account>/Click Set as Default

3. How are you composing a new message ?
 a. WLM Menu/New/Email message
 b. Replying to previous message
 c. Control N (shortcut in WLM for creating a new message)
 d. Reply to Sender when rt clicking on a newsgroup post

4. When composing a message in WLM the From field is located to the far right and adjacent to the To: field's entry line.

5. Are you also missing the From field when Forwarding a message ?

6. Does this occur if each account is configured as the default account ?

7. Are any of these accounts Hotmail accounts or IMAP accounts
 - if Hotmail is the account setup as pop3 or Http ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"dreamer" <dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83B5881-239C-4011-8A3D-A9E3A2EA5870@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four email
> addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending mail. I
> don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want to
> pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me to
> just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM tab!
> Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere, or is
> something set up wrong?
0
winston

its me trying to get this email moving.
So,good morning .I'm hoping you receive this and, if you wouldn't mind, will you send one back ...

Outllok email problem
Hi, I'm not sure if i am in the right place, but i am looking for some help. I am using Office XP, Outlook 2002 with WinXP home edition. Until recently everything was fine but now when i try and click on the "send/recieve" tool bar button, to downlaod my IMAP email, i just get a message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". Any help or suggestions welcome. Thanks Yep, that happens when I change from Outlook Express to Outlook as my default client. Just delete the profile (not copy) and then recreate it, all will work fine after that... ...

Print Tasks not emails flagged for follow up
OL 2007 lists flagged messages in my tasks list. How do I see only tasks, not flagged messages? A lot of them have strikethrough. They are not deleted. Maybe it's because the flag has been marked complete - but then why they are being included in the list of active tasks? I found in the modify view: Other settings dialogue "Always show unread and flagged messages in Arrange by Conversation". I don't know what that does, but it doesn't fix the problem. There is presumably a simple switch but I couldn't find any useful help on this. ...

creating contacts and email activities problem
Hey all! Can anyone please tell me why in crm 1.2 when I create a "new" contact it greats 2 of them in Accounts ? And can you tell me why it create 2 emails in history when I run an email activity? Does it do this in 3.0 or is there a why to fix it now ? We have some serious emailing questions for this at the moment and would really like to see them fixed by at least 3.0 I've been trying to pull all the information I can on the function of the outlook email system and CRM, but it's getting a little confusing. Do I need to have people use a special email address for me ...

sales invoices posted with missing GL account
We have issue that 2-4 invoices after some time posted with missing GL account. Why system allow such posting and how can we eliminate this problem. any idea will be greatly appreciated Depending on where you get the account numbers for sales orders (Inventory or Receivables) you probably have some inventory items or customers with blank account numbers. You can cover this error by entering default posting accounts in the Posting Accounts table in setup->posting->posting accounts. Check the customer or inventory items from the documents with missing accounts first. Our book Info...

emails stuck in outbox #3
Hello, we have an Exchange 2000 server, the problem is on a Windows 2000 workstation running Outlook 2000. Emails appear to be getting stuck in the outbox but not all emails, this user has to send on behalf of other people, i.e.. putting a different users name into the 'From' field, its only these emails that appear to be getting stuck, but even though they are still in the outbox the recipient still receives the email! very odd. Any Ideas? have tried removing and reconfiguring the outlook profile. Thanks Gary ...

adding multiple contacts at one time from a received email
Is there a way to add multiple contacts from the header of an email sent to me as part of a distribution group? I know I can right-click on them one-at-a-time and do "Add to contacts..." but that's a nuisance for 50+ addresses. Is there a way to do this in bulk? for a reply. thanks. Liz I don't think so. -- Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <lizzoob@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162228944.601011.176680@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to add multiple contacts from t...

Microsoft Publisher. cannot load files from a different version. .
Trying to download from Publisher files from disk . Get message saying cannot load files from a different version. Have Publisher 97. Were these files created with Publisher 97? If they were, copy them to your hard drive and try again. If they are files made with a different version, send them to me and I will convert them for you. Remove "my" to reply... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Aussie Del" <Aussie Del@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9485DBE-961D-4F0A-93D0-14B26B9...

Outlook 2003 opens emails in background.
Hi. I'm experiencing a problem where Outlook 2003 will start opening e-mails in the background after a while. I am not sure if this is related to other applications being started or stopped (maybe word, which is set as the e-mail editor?), but haven't noticed any direct correlations. The system is running Windows XP SP2 and is connected to Exchange. Exiting Outlook and re-opening it will reset it so that e-mails once again opens as expected--in windows that are in focus. I found a similar problem reported here, but with no replies: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.o...

New email icon
Is it possible to change outlooks new email icon that it places in the system tray? No. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Morgan" <morgan@NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message news:hjh6d.536168$M95.104907@pd7tw1no... > Is it possible to change outlooks new email icon that it places in the > system tray? > > ...

Difference between Enterprise and Statndard
What's the difference between Exchange Enterprise and Standard? Is it just the amount of licenses or does it have to do with functionality? Any help is appreciated - thanks in advance the primary difference, as far as most are concerned, is in the number of storage groups/mailbox stores you can configure, plus there is no 16 gigabyte limit on the databases...but see this, too: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822440 "ntwrk admn" <ntwrkadmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C3EAD0C-376C-4776-8E78-DE43A73A01A7@microsoft.com... >...

How do I copy my adresslist to a different computer
I had a computer with Outlook 2003 and thousands of e-mail adresses. I just bought a new one with Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. I really need to transfere my e-mail adresses from the old computer to the new one. Email addresses are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data. Instructions on how to migrate your Outlook data file are posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backu...

Cannot send emai to hotmail accounts from Exchange
Hi, Setup: Exchange 2003 running on Sever 2003 on private (192.168) IP Semi-dynamic IP on cable modem (only changes once or twice a year). Network connected to cable modem via Linksys router Public IP not listed in RBL lists Closed relay Not running Watchguard (I've read this can sometimes cause problems). If any of our users attempts to send a message to a hotmail.com email address, the message just disappears. The recipient does not receive the message, and the sender does not get back a failure message. I assume this is something to do with Hotmail checking our domain record to mak...

Line Graph: Differences between series
I have two sets of numbers that I've graphed in a basic line graph Series A & Series B. I want to edit the line graph and put a data tabl at the bottom that automatically caluclates and displays the value of minus B. The attached file shows what I want the graph to look like, but I'v manually inserted text boxes below the X Axis to display th differences; I'd like to have them automatically calculated as I ente new values for Series A & B. Does anyone have advice on this? Thanks, Mik +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Lin...

How do I resolve too many different formats in a spreadsheet?
Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message keep on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with any more entries. Can you help me resolve this please?. Hi D, See MSKB Article # 213904: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 --- Regards, Norman "Samp D" <Samp D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B1582E3-6055-4200-8A1D-12BBF4B2666A@microsoft.com... > Iam trying to enter more data into a spreadsheet and the above message > keep > on poping up and it is not allowing me to get on with ...

One exchange user, cant send email to another particlular user
I have a problem its is only a 1 way problem, user a cannot send mail to user b, user b can send mail to user a. both users are on the same exchange 5.5 server. This means that user b is not recognized as a valid recipient. Check the properties of user b in the Admin Program and make sure you have an e-mail address stamped there. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights." "Nema J" <ne...

Cannot send mail to Public Folder
I have an existing 2003 Exchange Organization that consists of two servers. One server is a front-end for OWA access and the other is for public and private info stores. I added another server in a remote site for private info stores. I intially decided to replicate public folders over a T1 WAN link to the new server but found the replication bandwidth needed to was to high for our VoIP network. Public folder replication was impacting call quality and call setup. So I attempted to kill replication between the two servers and that's when I ran into problems. I had to call Microsoft to assis...

How to email a spreadsheet
I just installed 2007 Student and want to email a spreadsheet. I open the desired page, click the email btton in the toolbar and nothing happens. What am I missing?? Hi Herb, > I just installed 2007 Student and want to email a spreadsheet. I open the > desired page, click the email btton in the toolbar and nothing happens. What > am I missing?? Sending Email from Excel directly requires Outlook, which is not part of Office 2007 Students and teachers edition. Look at www.rondebruin.nl for alternative solutions Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com Membe...

Send/Receive Failed
A friend of mine has Outlook XP. It worked fine for many months but recently he has stopped being able to send and receive emails. When he sends a test message, the network connection and detecting incoming and outgoing mail servers check OK. However, the incoming fetch and outgoing send fail. This happens for two different ISPs and occurs when he connects through either ISP. This leads me to think it must be a client problem. He can access his emails through each of the ISPs webmail services so we are confident his user name and passwords are correct. Thoughts, please? Gareth ...

"Allow Microsoft Dynamics CRM to send e-mail using CRM for Outlook
CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing it in the database. Thanks. Hi emon, I think that's a registry setting on the user's worksation, as it relates to CRM for Outlook. you can read this article... http://blogs.salentica.com/direland/2009/09/21/pushing-crm-for-outlook-settings-to-the-masses/ Maybe you could push the registry change out somehow. Dave > CRM 4: Is there a way to set this to "Checked" for all users by > default? I can't seem to find where CRM is storing...

Credit Card Account Payments do not show in Budget
Hi, Having an issue with money where the regaular bill payment to credit card accounts are not showing up in the Advanced Budget. All accounts have been included in the budget. There are payments from my transaction account going to the two credit cards and these payments will not show up in the budget. The payments have a Special category of Credit Card Payments : Account Name. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Steve See thread for a very similar subject from sometime in the past two days. Credit Card Payment is Transfer in drag. "sjn" <sjn@discussions.microsoft....

cannot send emails to a few domains
My Exchange 2000 SP3 cannot send emails to a few domains. And when I check the SMTP Queues, the message is "the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt." and the NDR is The following recipient(s) could not be reached: peter@domain.com on 17/01/2005 21:58 Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <my-server.my-domain #4.4.7> We can receive and send emails from/to other domains. Would be very grateful for any insight. Thank you in advance. Check on the standard S...

Email Router
If the routing service was running on a seperate server than exchange, are there any scenarios that would cause the service to take down or cause issues to the exchange environment? ...

sending e-mails from outlook
the message I am getting now is the imap server has issued and unrecognized greeting??? Nothing being sent -- Joanne ...

Can I download my Outlook Web Access email into Outlook Express?
Hello I use Outlook Web Access hosted at work on an Exchange server. But it is a real pain because it takes about ten minutes just to log on. i would prefer to download my messages to Outlook Express. I know how to download Hotmail into Outlook Express. Is it possible to do the same with emails on an Exchange server - I connect using https://xyz/exchange I cannot connect on port 110 - so can not directly get pop3 mail. But wondered if I could download my web mail somehow. Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Afraid not, if you want it in Outlook Express see if your Exchange Adminis...