send/receive button

In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to check
mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check mail
every few seconds sometimes.

"Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>  I need to check mail  every few seconds sometimes.

Well don't.  It mucks up the mail server. You shouldn't normally check with
a period shorter than 5 minutes.
In WLM it's the "Synch" button.

0
Gordon
12/11/2009 5:41:18 PM
It is now the "Sync" button on Windows Live Mail - the newsgroup to which
you've posted.

"Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to check
> mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check
> mail
> every few seconds sometimes.

0
slk759
12/11/2009 5:50:08 PM
You should use instant messaging when you want a check every few seconds.
Checking email servers too soon can result in a longer time before notice of
new emails.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to check
> mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check
> mail
> every few seconds sometimes.

0
Ron
12/11/2009 6:30:46 PM
Thanks for your help!! I wish I didn't have to check every few seconds but
when I am expecting contracts and have deadlines sometimes it just can't be
helped unfortunately.

"Vicki" wrote:

> In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to check
> mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check mail
> every few seconds sometimes.
Then also you need not check every second as deadlines and contracts are not
going to expire in seconds.
Even though, anyways, if want to know instantly when a message arrives and
if your mail account is a live.com or hotmail account then you can WL
Messenger in conjunction with WL Mail, as suggested by others.
Checking messages too much may even slow down your machine, in addition to
what others are saying regarding the mail servers.
This way you will be notified when a new message arrives, by WL Messenger
and then you can receive your mail and process the same according to your
work.

> Thanks for your help!! I wish I didn't have to check every few seconds but
> when I am expecting contracts and have deadlines sometimes it just can't
> be
> helped unfortunately.
>
> "Vicki" wrote:
>
>> In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to
>> check
>> mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check
>> mail
>> every few seconds sometimes.

0
UTF
12/12/2009 5:07:50 AM
Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Vicki" <Vicki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99A5B3B5-D51E-445A-84BA-180A597917AA@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your help!! I wish I didn't have to check every few seconds but
> when I am expecting contracts and have deadlines sometimes it just can't be
> helped unfortunately.
>
> "Vicki" wrote:
>
>> In Windows mail there was a "send/receive" button you could click to check
>> mail instantly. Is it gone? If not, how do I find it???  I need to check mail
>> every few seconds sometimes.
0
winston

How to disable auto email send recieve #2
Is there a way to prevent outlook 2002 from automatically attempting to retreive my email each time I open up Outlook? Yes. You would need to provide your mail account type, connection type, and automatic Send/Receive settings for us to tell you how. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065001c424c5$d7ed0ad0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to prevent outlook 2002 from automatically > attempting to retreive my email each time I open up > Outlook? ...

Receiving e-mail 05-21-10
I have been getting e-mails from this person for a long time and then I quit getting them. The e-mails are going out to other people just not to me. That is likely unrelated to WinMail. You can check your junk folder to = see if its going there. Otherwise you might email the individual and = see if he can reply. You can also check your mail via webmail to see if = such messages are being marked as junk. steve "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:466613A6-28AF-463D-9883-F00C68826B08@microsoft.com... >I have been ...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Cant send email #2
I Can receive, but can’t send. The logs on the receiving server show a connection, but only EHLO and Quit. No data, no RCPT, just EHLO and the next line is QUIT. I can connect via cmd telnet and it doesn’t seem to knock me off, so I think it is a setting in the exchange server. I have access to many receiving servers all logs are the same EHLO and the QUIT. Rebooted router and server. No help, created a 2nd SMTP server, no help. Connects than QUITS. HELP!!!! Mathew 951 905 2160 westcoastpc@gmail.com 2006-10-23 03:41:37 64.172.233.254 office.J-MARKMFG.COM SMTPSVC1 FUZZYBEAR 192...

Send PDF document via Send Command
Hi I have an Access macro that uses a Send Object Action to send an Access report to different people via email Outlook...I pick "Report" from the Object Type argument, then select the Report object name to send via email Outlook. However, I also want to send in the same macro and same email a PDF document (created OUTSIDE OF ACCESS) along with the Access Report...how can I send another pdf document so the email being sent has 2 attachments...one pdf document that is an Access Report and another pdf document that is a letter created outside of Access. thank y...

create email button
Several years ago I received a tip on how to create a button that would email a certain person. It went into the Standard email bar. Unfortunately that .pst went with a hard drive that stopped working one night about two years ago. I think I read it in a daily tip from C-Net/Dummies or something like that. I cannot locate it, nor replicate it. Basically it was like the "New" button, but it was to a specific person. It could be a single button, or have a drop-down for different addresses. If anyone knows what I am referring to, please reply with location of the steps or paste the six...

Help Require (Macro Save button )?????
Dear All, I have a form named form1 With following description. Po #. W.O # ses#. Contract #. Total Amount and Retention Amount. I want to generate a table where i can store all the above fields. I want a macro (Save button) in form so that if i click the Save button all the corresponding fields saved to Table. Please assist ? Help is deeply welcome. Attachment is for your ref. Rgds, Aligahk06 If your form is based on (bound to) the table, then the data saves automatically. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-...

drop down list button
In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it disappears then I click on another cell. Jim - You'll have to change from a list to a combo or list box (Toolbar - Forms) Carole O "DiamondJim" wrote: > In Excel - created drop down list...no problem. However, how do I set the > work sheet so that the drop down button always shows rather than now where it > disappears then I click on another cell. > > Ok, that is exactly what I am looking for...HOWEV...

Error: "None of your e-mail accounts could send ot this recipient."
This Outlook error has been noted in several forums over the last year or so, but I am unable to determine (i) if there is any resolution and (ii) if Microsoft are even aware of it. It only appears for me when I use a LAN connection (as opposed to dial-up), and one "solution" (to manually enter the email address rather than use a "reply" or address book email) only worked once! I had hoped this newsgroup would contain much about it, but I seem to be unable to easily search the archives for the error string. ...

Help w/sending '07 Publisher email
I have Publisher 2007 and have created an email pub that I want to send as a message in the body of an email. I'm using Windows Mail and have configured it to the right pop email server, but when I try to send myself a test email to check how it looks, I get nothing. Can you help? Mr. JLW wrote: > I have Publisher 2007 and have created an email pub that I want to > send as a message in the body of an email. I'm using Windows Mail > and have configured it to the right pop email server, but when I try > to send myself a test email to check how it looks, I get nothing....

How can I send a copy of monthly events on calender to others
I have just spent a lot of time putting all events on calender and now I would like to send out each month a list to others ,how can I do this please. "brianray" <brianray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DD77417-25CD-4F47-9250-0ACD8C9C1E77@microsoft.com... >I have just spent a lot of time putting all events on calender and now I > would like to send out each month a list to others ,how can I do this > please. Do you need this in a format they can add to their calendars or just so they can read it? What version of Outlook? Versio...

Message "interface not registered" when sending message
Using word in outlook 2002 xp pro. When click "send" get message window Microsoft Word "interface not registered" Not a new install, just started happening. Tried detect and repair and system restore. Hello I spent a multitude of hours today trying to solve the following problems with Office 1) Could not print from Outlook - always got a script error on line 134 2) Could not use Send To from Word or Excel and send the documents in Emai 3) Could not use Word as the default Email edito The usual error was "Interface not Registered" I performed the Repair i...

Navigation Button Help
Hi.. I need some help how can i get the number which is shown at the Navigation Buttom at the bottom of the form in a report with other fields??? Is it possible?? thanks The number shown in the Nav Buttons at the bottom of a form is not consistent. It changes, depending on how the records are sorted, filtered, or when new records are added or old ones deleted. It is therefore not something consistent, so you cannot match it in a report. If you just want to number the records in your report (similar to the way the Nav Buttons number the records in a form), it's very easy. See: ...

Mouse Receiver
I bought a laser 6000 mouse with a receiver that plugs into the USB port and it's difficult to pull out. Should I just pull harder or am I missing something? -- patscga "patscga" <patscga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC096B7-2AAB-4409-ABC0-F5606145B74B@microsoft.com... > I bought a laser 6000 mouse with a receiver that plugs into the USB port > and > it's difficult to pull out. Should I just pull harder or am I missing > something? > -- > patscga Aside from the fact that you posted in a .NET programming di...

Person not sent Email Sends a Reply
Have our HR director who went sent an Email the person or persons sending the mail get back the following from another person who use to be in her department: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Accepted: ICSAT Meeting - Review Results Sent: 5/18/2006 6:52 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Joe Smith on 5/18/2006 6:52 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. ...

Problem sending e-mail to users not in AD domain
Hi, Having a big problem at the moment which I hope someone can help with. We are running SBS 2003 with AD and Exchange configured. We have an internal AD domain 'CCM.local' and an Internet domain 'finance.uk.com' which is used for E-mail accounts. We are using the POP3 connector for e-mail accounts which get delivered to local domain accounts. The problem is that in exchange we have configured the FQDN in the SMTP connector which is required as 'finance.uk.com' and this allows e-mails from users within the AD domain to be sent to each other. But we also have e...

Count Timer Pause and Stop button
Hello Everyone, I am trying to build a count timer on userform. I found a code and tried to modify as my need which will be as below. I cannot find the way to put pause the counter timer and stop counter timer. So I need two more button on my userform. Can anyone give me a hand on that. Whatever I did did not work to pause the counter or stop the counter. Thanks in advance, have a good day Baha Here is the code Option Explicit Private dTimerEnd As Date Dim iSecondsLeft, iSecondsLeft1 As Integer Sub StartTimer() Dim iSeconds, iSeconds1 As Integer iSeconds = 10 ...

Help with this Search button
Hi I have a database of students. I have created a search box (through an unbound box). I have the following in the rowsource: Row Source: SELECT DISTINCT [First Name] FROM T_Participants ORDER BY [First Name]; Row Source Type: Table/Query Bound Column: 1 Lmit to List: Yes Allow Value List Edit: No Inherit Value List: Yes Show Only Row Source: No While a list of names does appear in the search box, the form below the search button does not change. What do I do to fix this button so that it gives me the desired form? Thank you in advance for your help. On Thu...

Is WebServices ok to send files
Hi Gurus, I need some advice. We needed to send a file from a client to server once a day. Sometimes file size could be around 100MB. So we added a new routine to our existing Web Service. Then created a windows service to send a file whenever we want. Everything is working good so far. Is this a good approach doing it or there is any other better way doing this. Also wanted to know what is the fastest way to send files using WEB. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Dan. "Dan" <Dan@nospaml.com> wrote in message news:uo7$f2vjKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04....

User unable to receive mail
I have a user who is able to send email just fine, but she is unable to receive any incoming mail. I checked the inbox under the user in exchange and the mail is coming into the exchange server but the user does not get the email on her's. Any suggestions? Does she get a NDR (Non Delivery Report)? You need to provide more info..yo -- Jonathan No Warrenties Implied, Did you do a FULL backup today?????? "Todd" wrote: > I have a user who is able to send email just fine, but she is unable to > receive any incoming mail. I checked the inbox under the user in exchan...

Can send but can't receive No.2
Further to Merc's post. Ditto me. Some emails to my account not received from server. On synching, just get the result "No new messages". (checked and they are not in the server's Spam folder, but still in the server's in box) (all accounts are set to leave mail on the server until deleted from Deleted Items folder) But apparently all mail addressed to mywife@xxx.com arrive in my wife's account and also in my account. However, WinMail receives all mail not spammed by the server. (all accounts are set to leave mail on the server until deleted from De...

Send custom messages to hid keyboard minidriver
Hi I have developed an hid minidriver managing a custom keyboard I have. The driver work well but I need also to have the possibiliy to communicate directly with the driver for send come custom configuration message. In the beggining I tried to use the function HidD_SetFeature() and HidD_GetFeature() but they fail and no event arrive to the driver. Also tried the standard call DeviceIoControl() but also this call doesn't work. I suspect I must to add some entried into the hid report descriptor for "enable" this direct communication but I'm not very expert in hid de...

Send As permissions changing
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. I have a user who needs his assistant to send email as him. We are not interested in 'send on behalf of', only 'send as'. In AD i opened the user's object, clicked the security tab, clicked advanced, added his assistant and gave her 'send as' permissions. After a few minutes, I can re-open user object, and the assistant whom I just added is gone. I have tried giving her full mailbox rights, and a few minutes later those changes are gone. I mean the assistant's account is completely removed from th...

Sending a macro as an executable?
Hi, I have a few excellent macros which I use for family history purposes I have tried sending macros to people who request them, but usually get an enormous amount of email as the people who need them are no usually computer-savvy and they are always doing things wrong an getting into a mess. What I would like to do is to send then an exe file, which the double-click on, and it automatically adds an extra icon to thei toolbar with the macro attached to the icon. Can this be easily done? Regards and Best Wishes to the Forum for 2006 -- Wib ----------------------------------------------...

Run Application from a button
I have a button which when clicked takes an email address from a form fires up Outlook Express and drops the email address into the 'To' field in OE. I would like to be able to have a similiar thing for website URL's ie when I click a button it takes the URL from the form filed in Access fires up Internet Explorer and drops the URL into the IE address line many thanks On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:53:17 +0100, "Pete and Jeannette Smith" <pete.netty@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: >I have a button which when clicked takes an email address from a form fires >up Outl...