Receiving duplicate emails 01-20-10

In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again. This
only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box is
unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I delete the
same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm receiving
dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become
repeaters.
I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or tripled, etc.
HELP! Anyone have a solution?

We heard you the first time. We are all volunteers so please be patient.

1: Is Check for mail every X minutes checked?

2: How many minutes is it set for?

3: Uncheck it and do a manual Send/Receive. (Sync).

4: Remove any duplicates.

5: Enable Check for messages again and set it for at least 10 minutes.

6: Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant
layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving,
and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting
changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
<ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
> In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again.
> This
> only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
> properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box
> is
> unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I delete
> the
> same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm
> receiving
> dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become
> repeaters.
> I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or
> tripled, etc.
> HELP! Anyone have a solution?

0
Bruce
1/20/2010 10:56:01 PM
OE doesn't mark emails as downloaded until all emails download.  Check if
one email is stopping the email download from completing.
Or the pop3uidl.dll could be corrupt.  Go to the message store and delete
it.  The messages will download one more time.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
<ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
> In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again.
> This
> only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
> properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box is
> unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I delete
> the
> same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm receiving
> dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become
> repeaters.
> I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or tripled,
> etc.
> HELP! Anyone have a solution?

0
Ron
1/21/2010 1:44:52 AM
<psst> pop3uidl.dbx? (I forget what group I'm in all the time myself).

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> OE doesn't mark emails as downloaded until all emails download.  Check
> if one email is stopping the email download from completing.
> Or the pop3uidl.dll could be corrupt.  Go to the message store and
> delete it.  The messages will download one more time.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
> <ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
>> In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again.
>> This
>> only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
>> properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box
>> is
>> unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I
>> delete the
>> same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm
>> receiving
>> dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then
>> become
>> repeaters.
>> I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or
>> tripled, etc.
>> HELP! Anyone have a solution?

0
Bruce
1/21/2010 1:57:09 AM
Umm  Part of my reply was correct.
Using pop3, emails are marked as downloaded after all emails download.

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> <psst> pop3uidl.dbx? (I forget what group I'm in all the time myself).
>

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
>> OE doesn't mark emails as downloaded until all emails download.  Check if
>> one email is stopping the email download from completing.
>> Or the pop3uidl.dll could be corrupt.  Go to the message store and delete
>> it.  The messages will download one more time.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
>> <ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
>>> In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again.
>>> This
>>> only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
>>> properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box
>>> is
>>> unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I delete
>>> the
>>> same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm
>>> receiving
>>> dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become
>>> repeaters.
>>> I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or
>>> tripled, etc.
>>> HELP! Anyone have a solution?

0
Ron
1/21/2010 3:55:25 AM
Ron, I have the same problem,.

Wher and how e do I find the pop3.udl.dll file you mention?  I tried using
the windows 7 search function, but it did not find the file.

Thanks

Dave

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> OE doesn't mark emails as downloaded until all emails download.  Check if
> one email is stopping the email download from completing.
> Or the pop3uidl.dll could be corrupt.  Go to the message store and delete
> it.  The messages will download one more time.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
> <ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
> > In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over again.
> > This
> > only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
> > properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server" box is
> > unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I delete
> > the
> > same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm receiving
> > dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then become
> > repeaters.
> > I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or tripled,
> > etc.
> > HELP! Anyone have a solution?
>
> .

Outlook Express is the only e-mail client that uses dbx files. If you are
running Win7, You do not have Outlook Express and do not have a
pop3uidl.dbx file to delete.

I would suggest starting your own new thread instead of replying to this
very old one, and detail your issue.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"BocaDave" <BocaDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Ron, I have the same problem,.
>
> Wher and how e do I find the pop3.udl.dll file you mention?  I tried
> using
> the windows 7 search function, but it did not find the file.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave
>
> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> OE doesn't mark emails as downloaded until all emails download.  Check
>> if
>> one email is stopping the email download from completing.
>> Or the pop3uidl.dll could be corrupt.  Go to the message store and
>> delete
>> it.  The messages will download one more time.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>> MS MVP-Mail
>>
>> "Re: Receiving duplicate of email message"
>> <ReReceivingduplicateofemailmessage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:7A010647-5219-4605-95ED-D9BCDC42E135@microsoft.com...
>> > In Windows Live Mail I'm receiving the same emails over and over
>> > again.
>> > This
>> > only happens to my pop3 accounts in Windows Live. I've looked at the
>> > properties on both pop3 accounts and the "Leave message on server"
>> > box is
>> > unchecked. This problem just started within the past  36 hours. I
>> > delete
>> > the
>> > same ones when they come in each time but as the day goes on I'm
>> > receiving
>> > dozens and dozens of repeating emails as well new ones which then
>> > become
>> > repeaters.
>> > I've checked the emails on my server and they are not doubled or
>> > tripled,
>> > etc.
>> > HELP! Anyone have a solution?
>>
>> .

0
Bruce

groupe sur maternit� 01-14-10
je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > je cherche des infos sur la maternit� d auxerre! quelqu'un a des infos ? > "jovanovic violeta" <violeta@san.com> wrote in message news:uJy15z1qKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > "Aline Pinchon" <aline.pinchon@laposte.net> wrote in message > news:uZy5Jd4nKHA.4436@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >> je cherche des infos...

Exchange Email Size Limit
Hi, I'm trying to send an email that is 26MB in size and configure Exchange 2003 SP2 to allow it. Each time I try and send the email I receive the following undeliverable; "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: something The following recipient(s) could not be reached: something@something.com on 29/11/2005 11:54 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. <Server.domain ...

Exchange 2003 & GFI Faxmaker 10 ???
Hello everybody! We have Exchange 2003 with Win 2003 Domain... We're thinking of installing GFI's Faxmaker 10 in another server (split installation) which will extend the Active Directory Schema (I think it adds a tab, doesn't it? )and we're deeply concerned whether it'll create any kind of problem... Has anybody out there done this ? Must inform that we have GFI MailSecurity 8 installed in VS API mode and no problems encountered so far... I'd really appreciate your answers... Nikos I can tell you from experience that the GFI product isn't that great of a solu...

External emails not getting to client
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Server. I have 1 user thats not able to receive external emails. Internal emails are okay, but nothing from outside. I used the message tracking center to track specific external emails, and they were received by the Exch Server but the email is not appearing in Outlook or even OWA. The last entry in the message history is "SMTP Store Driver: Message delivered locally to store to User@domain.com. Any ideas? Thanks 1. Use EXMERGE and extract his mailbox to a PST file 2. Delete the mailbox and purge from System M...

A program is trying to access email addresses...
Since yesterday, when I send an email, I get this message in a dialogue box, "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this. If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." I have Outlook 2002 SP3 version, and I just recently downloaded Office updates. How do I turn this off? Or, do I have some other kind of problem? Thanks, David David, Please see the information on the following web page. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT]...

How to convert WMV to MP4 MPEG4 with WMV to MP4 Converter 05-25-10
Do you have some WMV files and encountered following problems or similar kind, now are seeking an effective way to convert WMV to MP4 files? 1. I just downloaded some WMV files; I need a video converter software to change WMV to MP4 to get them work on my iTunes/iPod/iPhone/iPad. 2. I have a bunch of videos (that are .WMV) that are HD. I want to convert them to .mp4 while keeping the same quality in HD 3. I need help to convert my wmv file into a mp4 file which i can play it on my PSP MP4 Player. 4. And more reason to convert WMV to MP4... So, how to [url=http://www.daniusoft.co...

Deleting Duplicate Records 03-20-08
Hi, I've got my duplicates records query and now I want to delete these 1100 dups in my table of 12,000+ records. Can you please explain how I can easily delete these duplicate records in my table now that I have found them in my query. Thanks very much. Dave dberger16@comcast.net Use a subquery to identify which duplicate records to delete, and which one to keep. This example assumes: - a table named Table1; - a primary key named ID; - "duplicate" is defined as same Company, Address, and City; - you want to keep the lowest ID value. DELETE FROM Table1 WHERE ID <>...

Email view control
Is there a way to control wether an email is printed or screen shot? i need some way to prevent an email form being forwarded printed or screenshot. any ideas? Wow. I don't know of anything that will plug the analog hole like that...(screen to eyes). EVen if sent encrypted, it has to be un-encrypted at some point..... we could hack the retinal nerve, and send the image directly to the brain.... <neondemon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170876046.268523.217910@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to control wether an email is printed or screen shot? i >...

server error 03-01-10
i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Windowa Mail', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "d" <d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906AB3BC-7B68-42EB-8A09-45A341BECD31@microsoft.com... >i keep getting this error and i dont know how to fix it > > The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have en...

PO Receivables
Hello all we had the Receivables batch get interrupted but appears to have done everything except print out the "Reveivings Posting Journal" then Purchasing Manager posted a second time. Is there a place I can go to do a reconcile against the double postings. TIA Brian, If the Receivings Posting Journal didn't print then the posting did not complete. The batch should sitting in Batch Recovery. If you don't find it there, look in the SY00800 table in your DYNAMICS database and the SY00500 table in the Company database to verify that the batch still exists in an unpost...

Arrived email never show up, nor could be found
Hi everyone, Does anyone know there is any reason why a single email has arrived the Exchange server but do not show up. The reasons why I say the email has arrived: 1) When searching it in the Message Tracking Centre, it can be found. 2) When checking its Message History, it shows it was successfully delivered into the Information Store. 3) The server log confirmed the above conclusion. 4)The BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account noticed this message arrived via MAPI client, which picked up the message and delivered it to Blackberry. The reasons why I say it don't show up. 1...

Form design 01-02-08
I have this problem where I can't expand my form in design view. Does anyone know what might be causing this? This only happens with one particular form. "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58B7823E-A540-4A6E-9E44-A867C4CD20EE@microsoft.com... >I have this problem where I can't expand my form in design view. Does >anyone > know what might be causing this? This only happens with one particular > form. Is the form already the maximum size? No dimension can exceed 22 inches, or thereabouts. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP www.d...

Access 2.0 to Access 97 10-07-04
I would like to convert a db from Access 2.0 on one pc to Access 97 on another pc on my network. I'm new to access, so any input you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. To convert an Access 2.0 database to 97, in Access 97 go to Tools, Convert Database on the menu bar. Select the Access 2.0 database to convert. If you have errors converting, try importing the objects instead of converting (File, Get External Data, Import). Please note that you might have code that needs to be updated or...

Sending/Receiving #2
I just installed Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 on my computer and trying to set up Outlook. When I tested the settings, it said everything was fine. Yet, when I hit send/receive, I get the message, "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." I don't understand this and tried looking at the microsoft website and find nothing about this. When I tried to send an individual email, it says that it failed because I didn't have enough memory. When I ran a memory diagnostics test, it said everything was fine. I have been running Windows Mail on the computer...

Email Notifications
How do you deselect the send email notifications when we publish timelines? Currently, we have many people in the resource pool with 2 extra characters prefixing their email addresses so that email is not valid and they don't get the notifications, but our network admin does not like this method. I don't really want to clear the smtp email because some people we want to get these emails. We also don't want to have to rely on each user going into their personal settings to deactivate it themselves. Is there any way other than the things mentioned here? Alice -- ...

Users unable to receive external mail
Hi there, At the beguining, when I started to post on this group I was having problems to install the exchange 2003 server. Now the problem is other. I finally intalled the exchange and configure it to send internal mails and its working fine. But now, my boss ask me to configure it to send and receive external mail and I did so. the is that users can send external mail but cannot receive. I don't know what is the problem. Please can anyone help me? thanks, shayras On 18 Jul 2006 10:30:12 -0700, shayras2004@yahoo.com.br wrote: >Hi there, > >At the beguining, when I sta...

Receiving window's change color event
In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my app receive such notification? "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52E0421D-B893-4DCC-97E6-42F91EDE017C@microsoft.com... > In my MFC app, how do I receive the windows' change color event? > For example, the color scheme has changed from normal to silver, how do my > app receive such notification? Maybe WM_SYSCOLORCHANGE is wha you're looking for http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us...

Outlook 98 duplicates needing removed
After nearly an hour of searching I am stumped. I have just reformatted my PC and have reinstalled Outlook 98. I then changed PST file locations to where I have mine stored and when I reopened OL98, I have many many duplicate emails. Is there an easy way for me to get rid of them without going through them one by one. I tried MapiLab but they only have Duplicate Email Remover for v2000 and up IRC. Many thanks To remove extra PST(s) from the folder list: Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 (Corporate Mode) - On the Tools menu, click Services. - Highlight Personal Folders service you want to rem...

/r/n (13-10) (carriage return
Hi, A few days go I fiund iut that the xmlserializer strips away /r/n out during deserialization (and just leave /n) ... I found out that you can resolve this problem using the deserialize overlaod that takes an xmltextreader instead of a stream .. However when it's time to Web Services you have no such a control over the deserialization phase AND I found out that WS strips out /r/n (an leave /n) ... I understand there are some XMl specs related to this .. however . what one should do to have a /r/n sequence into a string property of his own custom object ? I saw that writing /r/n...

Windows Media Player 11 01-15-10
Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does it return to the middle. As in I cant adjust any color settings for the vid. It's too dark to enjoy. Color & contrast do not adjust a dark screen,brightness would do that,usually that adjustment would be on the monitor.Also,if youre trying to view videos, using video & audio require alot of the system components (memory),adding more ram memory and/or a better video card will eliminate the problem(s). "bearrabbit69" wrote: > Why, when I try to adjust my color and contrast on WMP 11 does i...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

In Microsoft Outlook how can you delete email without opening it?
I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Hello Corey, you wrote on Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:48:02 -0700: > I am an Outlook Express user and you can click on email once and delete > without opening it or double click to open it. Is there a way to delete > without opening in Microsoft Outlook? Sorry, but I don't understand your question really. Which program is used? Outlook Express or Outlook? -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hello C...

Not reciving email
Can anyone please help me i can send emails but not recive them and i seem to get this error message aswell. The host 'pop3.live.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Thanks Aston Wrong server name, wrong port number and wrong SSL option. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 r...

How do i make graphics visible for incoming email in Outlook 2007
When i enter Outlook 2007 email and i view my incoming email, all the graphics (pictures) in the body of the email are not visible. Is there any way to make a change so that these are visible? Right click on a graphic place holder and choose the options to change your download settings. The infobar at the top of the message should offer the same option too. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekl...

How to get incoming emails to the local inbox?
My email-account is an IMAP and therefor i can't use rules to organize my inbox. I would like my emails to also be sent to my local inbox, where I can use rules. Anyone who knows how to get them to thew local inbox? (automatically, I mean) It depends on your ISP/mail provider, do they not support pop mail? eg gmail supports both Imap and pop mail "Fanny" <fanny@gustaverjournalistik.se> wrote in message news:OKwrYalrKHA.1352@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My email-account is an IMAP and therefor i can't use rules to organize my > inbox. I would like...