Reading pane does not match message list

I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all.  I
just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009,
which meant doing an export / import.  All seemed to go fine.  But, as of
this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct
messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same
message.  I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I
see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the
same way.  I've even rebooted the PC, but I still see the same thing.
Any ideas?

"plwilliams" <plwilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8A34E1-E7C0-40AC-BC87-555AF4BEA56F@microsoft.com...
> I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all.  I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import.  All seemed to go fine.  But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message.  I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way.  I've even rebooted the PC, but I still see the same thing.
> Any ideas?

Try re-indexing:
At Tools > Options > Advanced > Maintenance, set the 'Compact the database on shutdown...' counter to 1
In Mail view, select File > Work offline and then File > Exit
In the 'Recover...' dialogue box, click Yes
Give the process plenty of time to finish, then restart WLMail and try viewing again.

I leave that counter on 1. It means I get the Recover prompt on each shutdown, but it's only a single click to dismiss it. If I've been doing a lot of file manipulation (copying, moving or deleting a lot of messages), I'll allow it to go ahead. I very rarely get display errors, which are usually caused by the database (of message headers with flags and pointers to file locations) not having managed to keep track of where every message is.
--
Noel
0

I just looked at the properties for one of the messages and it shows all the
info for the message that shows up in the reading pane, not the message in
the list that I right clicked.

I tried re-importing my messages from my external HDD, putting them into a
different storage folder, and they seem fine.  Next I tried exporting the bad
folder and checked the messages and they seemed fine????
I'm at a loss as to what to try next.  I guess I could re-import them and I
would at least have them all.

One other thing I noticed was that the message that keeps showing up in the
reading pane is the first message in the exported list [4146008C-00000001] on
my external HDD.   Not sure if that has any significance, but it seems like
it might.

"Ildhund" wrote:

> "plwilliams" <plwilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF8A34E1-E7C0-40AC-BC87-555AF4BEA56F@microsoft.com...
> > I've been using WLM desktop for a over a year with no problems at all.  I just had to do a complete recovery on my PC, including an update to WLM 2009, which meant doing an export / import.  All seemed to go fine.  But, as of this morning many of my storage folders, but not all, show all the correct messages in the message list, but the reading pane always shows the same message.  I first thought that it was the result of the import process, but I see that even messages I moved to the folders this morning are behaving the same way.  I've even rebooted the PC, but I still see the same thing.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Try re-indexing:
> At Tools > Options > Advanced > Maintenance, set the 'Compact the database on shutdown...' counter to 1
> In Mail view, select File > Work offline and then File > Exit
> In the 'Recover...' dialogue box, click Yes
> Give the process plenty of time to finish, then restart WLMail and try viewing again.
>
> I leave that counter on 1. It means I get the Recover prompt on each shutdown, but it's only a single click to dismiss it. If I've been doing a lot of file manipulation (copying, moving or deleting a lot of messages), I'll allow it to go ahead. I very rarely get display errors, which are usually caused by the database (of message headers with flags and pointers to file locations) not having managed to keep track of where every message is.
> --
> Noel
> .

Excel file e mail addresses into address group list
I want to take the .csv file from excel into my outlook express address book then copy addresses (select members) into a group list. Then I want to keep that address in the group list, but erase from the address book. Hi Jack, First back up your Windows Address Book ( .WAB) Export your address book to a .csv format so that you are sure you have the formatting correct (all the fields). When you import your .csv file to the address book, you must add one more column to your Excel file and fill it with a single blank. This will generate the need comma at the end of each row -- fail...

filter rule hidden "messages"
Hello, I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any option to see those hidden objects? O. On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:02:47 +0200, "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have read something about the rules and came into the fact the rule are >saved into the exchange folder in the form of a hidden object. Is there any >option to see those hidden objects? > >O. > mdbvue32, mfcmapi are some products that let you view rul...

Messages rejected by receive connector
I administer a set of Exchange 2007 servers in a somewhat complex organization. We are one of 7 domains all in the same forest. One of the other domains has set up a distribution group. When people from outside our network email the distribution group, they receive an error that the message was rejected with an <#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender> error. I currently have the default settings on my receive connectors. It is my understanding that since this is coming from another Exchange 2007 server in the same organization it shoul...

Code to read email from Outlook
Anyone have code to read incoming email messages from ONE email address, or experience with the functionality in Access2007 to do this process. I have an upcoming project that will require this and I haven't looked into this area. Example: emails that are sent to support@blah.com are added to a table in the database (everytime the user presses a button or a timer starts a process). The "body" of the email goes into one field and the "from" email address goes into another field. Thanks, Mark ...

Operation Failed message when opening Outlook 2000
I get an Operation failed message when opening Outlook 2000 with win xp pro OS. Ive tried removing and reloading the program but it goes back to the old settings and will not open. Any ideas? Had troubles with a trojan horse on the same computer affecting IE but got that fixed. ...

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

Meeting responses for a calendar item are going to a recipient that is not on the "TO:" list.
I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting organizer. However, responses to meetings are going to the meeting organizer and to another recipient who is not listed in the TO: field for the meeting. Any ideas on troubleshooting this one? In news:ex$Pa6WEGHA.2724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Jaycee <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> typed: > I'm trying to figure out why meeting responses are going to an > alternate recipient. I thought resonses would go to the meeting > organizer. However, re...

Windows Mail can't see incoming message
I thought I posted about this about a week ago, but I can't see my message anymore. I am on Vista Home Premium with Windows Mail. There was a particular incoming message, which I could see in my ISP's webmail and I could see on my local machine in MailWasher, but which was completely ignored by Windows Mail - it just didn't see it. That's still happening, but now there are three incoming messages behaving in this way. All are from the same site (user@site) but not all from the same user, and I have no problem with still other users at that site. What shou...

Forwarding Messages #3
When I forward a message out of my sent items box I lose the text of the message. The message is still there and tells me of the action on the top. How do I retain the text of the message also. Nathan ...

Querying Messages Addressed to a Domain
Dumb Question: We have a single Exchange 2003 server receiving e-mail messages addressed to domain1.com, domain2.com, and domain3.com. We'd like to turn off domain1.com, but want to make sure messages aren't being addressed to that domain even though it's not the primary in the recipient policy. How do I search the information store for any inbound messages addressed to this domain? Can I do it on the fly over the past say 6 months or does some type of logging need to have been enabled? Thanks, Message Tracking would need to be enabled, or SMTP Protocol logging (the la...

Message attachment size
I have a vbs script that will search through an Exchange 2003 server and find all messages with a given type of file attachment. Is there a way to get the attachment size as well? ...

Freeze panes 03-02-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I would like to freeze all of Row 1 AND all of Column A. When I freeze one, then go to freeze the second, it will not let me. The only freeze option is to unfreeze panes? Can both be done at the same time? Select cell B2, then turn on Freeze Panes. You can't freeze columns & rows separately. The freeze applies to all rows above & all columns to the left of the selected cell when you turn it on. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/2/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb3c03.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2a...

List of stocks/investments in 2005
In my previous version of money I was able to get to a list of investments. I could scroll around through the dropdown at the top of the window and then make changes, delete them, etc. Has this feature been taken away? How can I delete an investment that I can't get to? In microsoft.public.money, Jack Addington wrote: >In my previous version of money I was able to get to a list of investments. >I could scroll around through the dropdown at the top of the window and then >make changes, delete them, etc. Has this feature been taken away? The drop-down list accesses tha...

distribution list #19
hi there i want to create a distubution list where the user can add or detete him self, does anyone have a solution for this problem? Hi .. Something like this?? It's for E2K though.. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/autodl.mspx Cheers, KFL "AB" <abalice@arcom.com.au> wrote in message news:1119513062.305810.73830@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > hi there i want to create a distubution list where the user can add or > detete him self, > does anyone have a solution for this problem? > Thanks Karel, I think this is what I'm looking ...

E-mailing a distribution list to a third party
I am having trouble following the instructions in Outlook help for sending a distribution list. Help says: Open a new message. Click the message body. On the Insert menu, click Item. In the Look in list, click the folder that contains the distribution list that you want to send. Distribution lists are saved in the Contacts folder by default. In the Items list, click the distribution list that you want to send, and then click OK. Send the message I am not finding ITEM in my drop down Insert menu! This is only available when you have Outlook as the e-mail editor. You can also dr...

Message Rules Get Lost?
When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize all the rules? Thanks, -Bob Outlook 2003 XP Pro You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I know. "B...

Message Pane too wide
I cannot see the entire message in order to read it. The only way that I can move it so that I can see more of it is to move the folders column to the left. This has nothing to do with font. This has to do with shrinking the message pane down to normal size. "nktexas" <nktexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3BA89B5-AF78-4D1B-802D-8CD82C27B98A@microsoft.com... > I cannot see the entire message in order to read it. The only way that I > can > move it so that I can see more of it is to move the folders column to the > left. This ha...

handling message of buttons in dynamic dialog
Environment: VC++ (MFC) To create a modal dialog box and some push buttons on it indirectly, I have used DLGTEMPLATE and DLGITEMTEMPLATE. Then,l call empty CDialog constructor to construct the dialog box object. Next, I call InitModalIndirect and DoModal to create and display my dialog box. But, I can't handle notification message of these pushbuttons. As you know I can't use the classwizard because this modal dialog is dynamically created with its control, and since it is a CDialog object (not a CDialog derived class,according MSDN) I can't override its function to add mess...

Script Error Message
Receive the followimg error message box upon opening Outlook 2003: "An error has occurred in the script on this page" ...

Outlook 2003 locks up while adding address to new mail message
I have Outlook 2003 installed with Business Contact Manager and Word as my email editor. Frequently, Outlook will lock up while I'm in the process of creating a new message and adding my first address in the To: field. I suspect that it has something to do with the AutoComplete feature as it appears to occur when the name is not automatically recognized or displayed even though it has been previously. Has anyone else encountered this bug and/or found a solution? I have the latest Outlook SPs installed. Haven't seen it, but it is more likely a corrupted profile than a corrup...

Read/Write access only within department,
If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit their read/write access only to projects within the departments that they belong to, how I can do this ? Thanks. Hi ctd, You would need to create custom categories for this and add/remove projects as they arise. This is onerous from an admin perspective, but is probably the way I would recommend. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "ctd" wrote: > If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit > t...

How to set a Image as background of List Control
Hi Friends Can we set a bitmap as the background of the List Control. I want that the List Should be used in Report Lines with extended styles such as grid lines etc and i should be able to set an image as the background of the Text,Lines etc. Take a look at CListCtrl::SetBkImage function "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307220459.36687f5f@posting.google.com... > Hi Friends > Can we set a bitmap as the background of the List Control. > I want that the List Should be used in Report Lines with extended > styles such as ...

Make messages email or word auto go to a contact when created from a contact
When I type a message to a contact using contacts how do I make the message apprear in notes or part of the contact with out copy paste Select the "Activities" tab of the Contact. Specify your issue if this is not what you mean. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my ...

creating a report through smart list/explorer and getting an error
Hi, I was creating a report through smart list/explorer and received the following error message: A save operation on table ASI_Explorer_favorites_columns has caused an unknown error (31) Then I went to run an existing report with a few modifications and got the following error: An open operation on table ASI_IVC_HDR_WORK_Explorer could not find a record I hit ok and get this: an open operation on table WDC_Field_security_tag_TEMP could not find a record I hit ok and get this: An open operation on table ASI_GL_Account_MSTR_Explorer could not find a record I hit ok and and get th...

Manage Multiple Address Lists
I am trying to set up different GAL's based on Group Membership on a Windows 2003 server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP2. I have followed KB Article 822940 with mixed results. Some groups can only see there members while others can still see everybody??? Has anyone had success in applying these filters and be willing to provide me with some troubleshooting direction...I have double and tripple checked all the permissions and everything seems to be the set the same for each group?? Also does anyone know.... If new members are added to an existing group do you need to go back to th...