Prohibited File Type?

If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
gives the
same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
The files In question are jpg files.
Anyone advise please?

1
John

Tools/Safety/Options/Security

Uncheck
 - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
 - block images and other external content

Check (optional)
 - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders list

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:uus6sbYuKHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the
> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it?
> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
> gives the
> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
> The files In question are jpg files.
> Anyone advise please?

0
winston
3/1/2010 10:18:08 PM
Excellent TVM.

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>
> Uncheck
> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
> - block images and other external content
>
> Check (optional)
> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
> list
>
> --
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>
> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>> the
>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>> it?
>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>> gives the
>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>> The files In question are jpg files.
>> Anyone advise please?

0
John
3/2/2010 7:16:10 AM

> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe
>> Senders list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that
>>> also gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?
!!

0
davidp
3/2/2010 2:44:56 PM
Yw John,
 Is that confirmation that it resolved your issue ?

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message news:eMLMEhduKHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Excellent TVM.
>
> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tools/Safety/Options/Security
>>
>> Uncheck
>> - do not allow attachments to be save or opened
>> - block images and other external content
>>
>> Check (optional)
>> - show images and external content from email addresses in my Safe Senders
>> list
>>
>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "John Smith" <half@gofast.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I
>>> get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in
>>> the
>>> body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking
>>> it?
>>> Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also
>>> gives the
>>> same warning both before sending and to the recipient?
>>> The files In question are jpg files.
>>> Anyone advise please?

0
winston

How do this happen? 2 Personal FIles!
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" Post your mail support mode of Outlook 2000. Line 2 of Help | About if you don't know. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "stuff" <Howie@*S*P*A*M*AetosCentric.COM...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

Column widths get changed when another user opens my files
hello, i save an excel file on a network drive and when another user opens it the width of the columns are all changed. what's going on? How can we get stop this? thanks!!! ...

URGENT: Excel files renamed to HEX
For the last few days, some users are getting Excel files saved as a "random" extensionless HEX named file - e.g. 40120100 - and the original file name is lost. We have not been notified of any warnings or errors given to the end user. Users are running WindowsXPsp2, OfficeXPsp3. Server is Windows2003 server running DFS/FRS. Antivirus for both server and client is McAfee VirusScan 8 - engine 4400, dat 4460. Can't find anything in event logs. This error *may* have started when users DFS referral was directed from Server A to Server B. However, servers are both W2K3 with sa...

Huge *.mny file
Greetings again It happens that after several girations of money (99 onwards) I was left with a huge *.mny file. That is OK since it carries my history around. However, it is taking too long to load, so I wanted to archive old items. That ended up with a corrupted .mny file and a useless archive. What is that I am doing wrong? --ARosenthal MCS Dallas How huge is huge? As to what you are doing wrong, I'd nominate worrying about the size of the file and assuming a strong correlation between file size and performance. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=7. "ARosenthal" <...

I can't open an Excel file sent via a PC

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

Search Companion missing file
I'm helping a friend whose laptop was infected with a virus/trojan. We disinfected using MalwareBytes anti-malware app. She now has a functioning pc again...but... When I try to use the search feature in Windows XP, I get an error message that reads "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run Setup." I tried to reinstall via the srchasst.inf file in the Windows\inf folder (right-click - install) but it said 'The file "msgr3en.dll" on the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD is needed. The problem is...

Password Protect Project Files
Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I know this functionality is possible in other MS Office applications, but I cannot find that option in Project Pro '07. Does anyone know if it is included in Project 2010? Check File > Save As > Tools > General Options This won't work if you save to the server, but only for local .mpp files. I presume it's the same in 2010. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Is it possible to password protect local .mpp files in Project '07? I > know this ...

Moving my files to a new computer
So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003. So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses, nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an article that tells me what to do? Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of movi...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Purpose of Matrix Item Type
Hello, I have been using RMS for over a year, and have never used the matrix item type, mainly because I do not want an unmanageable number of items. The last POS system I used had sub item matrices for size, color, etc. It seems like RMS just adds more items, right? If so, what is the purpose (usefullness?) of matrices? Other than through a member of the matrix, how do you access information about the matrix? Here's and example of what I want to do. Shoe abc, with widths (M, W), and sizes. Sometimes I care about item abc (sales reporting), and sometimes I care about the mor...

Sharing 2006 Money File
I am trying to share Money with my wife. We both have a hotmail account. I have tried to log into her account (www.hotmail.com) ... no problem. However, whenever I try to add her via "Manage sharing" and I enter her password ... Money returns with a "...could not complete sharing setup for this file please try again". I have gone through the "Access your Money data on the Web". It does not specify what the problem is. Am I missing something? Any input is welcome Thanks Do both of you have different Passport accounts? Are all hotmail.com accounts also Pass...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

how can I type up a consent form
I need to make one because my son is going out of state with his grandmother and I need to get one made up fast so that if anything goes wrong she can sign for him at the E.R. Hardly an excel problem. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Danie" <Danie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99852E7D-DDBF-4CFA-953E-80A4B37BCA4E@microsoft.com... >I need to make one because my son is going out of state with his >grandmother > and I need to get one made up fast so that if anything goes wrong she can > sign for him at the E.R. W...

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Don't want to type domain reference in OWA @ log on
Is there a way to not type in the domain reference in OWA when the user is logging in? My users are confused when logging on from 2000 to XP. Thanks. Yes, You can!! ESM\Frist Administrative Group\Server\Exchnge Server\Protocol\HTTP\Exchange Virtual Server\Exchange right click proterties\Access\Authenticate in the Default Domain,pls type your domain name after restart your default web site(using IIS Admin MMC Tool) -- Jammyù�ٴ� "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410260000.51e66dfd@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to not type in the domain re...

Open Level 2 files
In Outlook 2002, is there anyway to to open level 2 files from outlook? It is a real PITA to save it, find it, then open it. Thanks. ************************************************ Flip the words on the domain name to send email. ************************************************ http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm should help you out. AFAIK, no, but reading this page might help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Curt Bates <crbates@footbig.com> aske...

All of the sudden my file wont open cause the font is missing!
Ok, so this moring i got into my office and tryed to open my 71 page publisher document. When i left yesterday everything was perfect. Now today it says my font i was using Helvetica is no longer available and it asks if i'd like to change the font. I can to another font, but this is a communication going out to stores for the retail compnay i'm with and i'd like to use helvetica. Now when i open a new publisher document or word file, helvetica is indeed there. Why is it missing from this one file? I've NEVER seen this error. Helvetica was never installed with a Micros...

Header file help
Sir, I am presently doing an application work in VC++.I am doing the coding for "Virtual CD ROM Drive".In this I am not getting one headerfile i.e "#include<ntddcdrm.h>".In msdn you mentioned the path windows nt DDk which I am not having.I am kindly requesting you to provide this header file through mail. thanking you your faithfully Kiran. Hello, You downloads ntddcdrm.h from the following link, http://cvs.winehq.com/cvsweb/~checkout~/wine/include/ntddc drm.h?rev=1.3&content-type=text/plain Regards, R.Selvam >-----Original Message----- >Sir,...

Outlook dbx file
My boss saved his outlook express messages to a file with a dbx extension on a memory stick off his old computer. How do I get outlook express to recognize the file on his new computer or restore it on his old one? He wants his messages back and I don't know how to open the dbx file and I can't seem to copy it back to it's original folder. Thanks. 1. Email Messages: From the Outlook Express menu select Tools | Options | Maintenance and click the StoreFolder button. You see a dialog with the name of the directory that has your mail files. If you look in that directory ...

Importing Quicken 2008 Files
I just downloaded Money Plus Premium and tried to import my Quicken 2008 file. I tried the conversion tool but still no luck. I do understand the like year Money and Quicken files won't allow you to convert. So I guess my question is will Microsoft be updating Money anytime soon so I'll be able to convert my Quicken 08 file into Money Plus? Please help anyone. Arron I don't think anybody here knows. IF they did, they probably wouldn't be at liberty to say. Personally, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "Arron" <Arron@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

.wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but ..
..wmv files will not play directly from my email attachments but they will play when I save it to my desktop. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion on the Windows Media website. i.e. go to tools, options, file types and de-select midi file, click on Apply. then re-select midi file and click on ok. But that did not fix the problem. It won't work, then. There's something in how the program is handing the link off to WMP that WMP doesn't like. You don't mention the email program - I believe some use a protocol/method/somesuch that WMP doesn't understand. =...