Problem sending message on Live mail

I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went well with
Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without success.
Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is
The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10013

These server settings worked with outlook express.
thx.

Is your Yahoo account a premium plus account or a free account that supports pop3 ? (not all free accounts do)

For a Yahoo premium account, these are the pop3/smtp settings I use

Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Outgong: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing Server requires authentication = Yes

Ports
Incoming: 465 with SSL
Outgoing: 995 with SSL

You might wish to check with ATT to determine if alternative ports like Yahoo Premium is an option.
e.g.
smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2253140D-60E1-458D-8008-D25DE92F5950@microsoft.com...
> I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went well with
> Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without success.
> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10013
>
> These server settings worked with outlook express.
> thx.
0
winston
12/23/2009 9:43:36 AM
I think you should be using port 465 and SSL with the ATT SMTP servers.
* Change the top two settings on the Advanced tab of the account's
Properties sheet.
* On the "Servers tab, check the box labelled "My server requires
authentication".
* Your "E-mail username" must be your full, complete email address.

(Instructions courtesy of Norman Miller in this group four weeks ago, so
you can't have read 'all the postings' ;)

--
Noel

"mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went well
> with Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without
> success.
> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is The
> connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10013
>
> These server settings worked with outlook express.
> thx.

0
Ildhund
12/23/2009 9:48:40 AM
Based on the server name, the OP has a partnered account (AT&T/Yahoo)
rather than a premium Mail Plus account.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Is your Yahoo account a premium plus account or a free account that =
supports pop3 ? (not all free accounts do)
>=20
> For a Yahoo premium account, these are the pop3/smtp settings I use
>=20
> Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
> Outgong: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
>=20
> Outgoing Server requires authentication =3D Yes
>=20
> Ports
> Incoming: 465 with SSL
> Outgoing: 995 with SSL
>=20
>=20
> You might wish to check with ATT to determine if alternative ports =
like Yahoo Premium is an option.
> e.g.
> smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
> pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>=20
> "mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went =
well with=20
>> Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without =
success. =20
>> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is=20
>> The connection to the server has failed.
>>=20
>> Subject 'test'
>> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>> Protocol: SMTP
>> Port: 25
>> Secure(SSL): No
>> Socket Error: 10013
>>=20
>> These server settings worked with outlook express.
>> thx.
0
Gary
12/23/2009 4:57:58 PM
The settings you should be using are documented here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=3DKB401738

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went =
well with=20
> Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without =
success. =20
> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is=20
> The connection to the server has failed.
>=20
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10013
>=20
> These server settings worked with outlook express.
> thx.
0
Gary
12/23/2009 4:59:14 PM
Included in the earlier post.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:#6diUE$gKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Based on the server name, the OP has a partnered account (AT&T/Yahoo)
> rather than a premium Mail Plus account.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23OwFtR7gKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Is your Yahoo account a premium plus account or a free account that supports pop3 ? (not all free accounts do)
>>
>> For a Yahoo premium account, these are the pop3/smtp settings I use
>>
>> Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
>> Outgong: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
>>
>> Outgoing Server requires authentication = Yes
>>
>> Ports
>> Incoming: 465 with SSL
>> Outgoing: 995 with SSL
>>

>> You might wish to check with ATT to determine if alternative ports like Yahoo Premium is an option.
>> e.g.
>> smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
>> pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL
>>

>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2253140D-60E1-458D-8008-D25DE92F5950@microsoft.com...
>>> I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went well with
>>> Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without success.
>>> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is
>>> The connection to the server has failed.
>>>
>>> Subject 'test'
>>> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
>>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
>>> Protocol: SMTP
>>> Port: 25
>>> Secure(SSL): No
>>> Socket Error: 10013
>>>
>>> These server settings worked with outlook express.
>>> thx.
0
winston
12/23/2009 6:13:46 PM
I saw that, but there is no point in possibly confusing an =
unsophisticated
user with two choices.

> Included in the earlier post.
>=20
>> smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
>> pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL
>=20
>=20
> --=20
>  ...winston
>  ms-mvp mail
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message =
>> Based on the server name, the OP has a partnered account (AT&T/Yahoo)
>> rather than a premium Mail Plus account.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>=20
>>=20
>> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message =
>>> Is your Yahoo account a premium plus account or a free account that =
supports pop3 ? (not all free accounts do)
>>>=20
>>> For a Yahoo premium account, these are the pop3/smtp settings I use
>>>=20
>>> Incoming: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
>>> Outgong: plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
>>>=20
>>> Outgoing Server requires authentication =3D Yes
>>>=20
>>> Ports
>>> Incoming: 465 with SSL
>>> Outgoing: 995 with SSL
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> You might wish to check with ATT to determine if alternative ports =
like Yahoo Premium is an option.
>>> e.g.
>>> smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
>>> pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> --=20
>>>  ...winston
>>>  ms-mvp mail
>>>=20
>>> "mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
0
Gary
12/24/2009 1:36:58 AM
I, apparently, have more faith that the op will read the entire post especially one sophisticated enough to have previously setup
the account in OE and post the full error message. <g>

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:OxcKVmDhKHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I saw that, but there is no point in possibly confusing an unsophisticated
> user with two choices.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "...winston" <winstonmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O3bDz2$gKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Included in the earlier post.
>>
>>> smtp.att.yahoo.com  and port 465 with SSL
>>> pop.att.yahoo.com and port 995 with SSL
>>

>> --
>>  ...winston
>>  ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:#6diUE$gKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Based on the server name, the OP has a partnered account (AT&T/Yahoo)
>>> rather than a premium Mail Plus account.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen

0
winston
12/24/2009 4:33:04 AM
mkchill

The only way to shut off email scanning with Norton is to uninstall Norton using
their uninstall tool (see the link below) and then re-install it without the email
integration (scanning) option.
Try it and let us know.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

--
Peter

"mkchill" <mkchill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new desktop with window 7 and Norton 360.  Everything went well with
> Live Mail except for "Send".  I've read all the postings without success.
> Shut of Scan outgoing mail in Norton.  The message I recieve is
> The connection to the server has failed.
>
> Subject 'test'
> Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
> Protocol: SMTP
> Port: 25
> Secure(SSL): No
> Socket Error: 10013
>
> These server settings worked with outlook express.
> thx.

0
Peter

Recieve Mail Before Sending

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Mail lMerge

Crash on 'Send"

Message comes as an attachment

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

Border problems

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

Send #4
Why is it that some of the send functions just keep the mail in the outbox until I close Outlook and reopen it? This happens on many replies and on all my context menu: send to email recipient and my send link to: ...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...