Preview Pane

In outlook express my preview pane takes up the whole page . I have to
scroll down to see my in-box mail. What went wrong. It was ok until now.

0
Andy

This group is for Windows Live Mail, not OE.
In WLM, the Preview Pane can be positioned to the right of, or below the
message list.
In either location, it does not block folder pane, where the Inboxes are
located.

--
Windows 7  Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> In outlook express my preview pane takes up the whole page . I have to
> scroll down to see my in-box mail. What went wrong. It was ok until now.

0
Dave
11/17/2009 10:24:31 PM
This is the wrong newsgroup for Outlook Express (OE) issues.
The preview pane can be resized in both OE and Windows Live Mail.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
> In outlook express my preview pane takes up the whole page . I have to =

> scroll down to see my in-box mail. What went wrong. It was ok until =
now.=20
>=20

0
Gary

Auto-preview in Outlook 2002 (SP3)
Hi, For some reason new email message arrive auto-previewed even though auto- preview is set to off. It's as though auto-preview turns itself on every time new mail arrives, does anyone know how to correct this behaviour? Jason. Reset the view on the folder View-> Current View-> Customize Current View-> Reset Current View -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Jason" <no@spam.co.uk> wrote in message news:Xns954384D04D77Enos...

When I print but not in print preview
Print preview for a worksheet I have looks good, but when I print, one row has what looks like a light border under it (although this is not showing up on the cell formatting). I tried printing to another printer and it still shows up. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it? Any chance you have a small drawing object (line/shrunken textbox/rectangle) that's causing the trouble? Edit|Goto Special|check Objects. Maybe it was a shape that got squished (technical term!). nesser522 wrote: > > Print preview for a worksheet I have looks good, but when I print, one row > has what ...

Turning off Reading Pane generally in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to turn off the Reading Pane generally for all folders? The easiest way is to start it with the /NoPreview switch. -Peter "Rick" <rick0726@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0e4d5294-5510-4b82-a1e6-929841a67e7c@x31g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > In Outlook 2003 is there a way to turn off the Reading Pane generally > for all folders? ...

unable to send email through windows mail preview pane
I used to be able to click on an email address and send an email directly through windows mail preview pane. I changed something some time ago and I cannot correct the problem. When I click on the email address in the preview pane I receive a message that the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. It then notes to create an association in the set associations control panel. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a .contact file that should be associated with windows mail? If so, I cannot get it to work! Thanks to all who reply! -- ...

Help
Hi, I have an excel sheet with some standard controls such as buttons and combo boxes on it using Excel 2002 SP3. The problem is that after I do a print preview and closed the print preview window. There are page break dotted lines displayed on the sheets and all the controls on on the second page get shifted to the first page. I've check the lock property on the controls(buttons, combo boxes etc) to True and that doesn't seem to work. The strange thing is that on the problem does not exists on my windows XP system but only happening on my Windows 2000 machine. Any help would be m...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

Why does Publisher 2007 show print preview in grayscale?
Can you change the print preview properties to show the preview in color? There is a known glitch in Pub 2007 that causes some printers to show print preview in grayscale. What you can do until the bug is corrected is to change your default printer to something else, preview your document, then change it back to print it. I reported this earlier this year so I'm dealing with the same problem. It's a wee bit of a hassle but nothing major. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Kona" <Kona@discu...

Can I remove the 'Page X' label when in Page Break Preview
I know it doesn't print but I still find it really annoying. Thanks in advance Dave F. AFAIK, no. MacXL04 has Page Layout mode, which shows exactly how the sheet will print, and allows you to adjust margins, edit headers and footers, etc., directly in the sheet. Perhaps that will appear in a future WinXL version. In article <uRIdh0SkFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Dave F." <df@bh.cv.fg> wrote: > I know it doesn't print but I still find it really annoying. > > Thanks in advance > > Dave F. Dave, I don't think the page numbers ca...

Word 2008: Can't select & delete text in reviewing pane
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I finally upgraded to Office 2008 (Home & Student edition) after years of being content with the old Office X. (The new docx files made me do it.) I use Word's track changes and comments features all day, every day. Never had a problem until now. When I select text within a comment in the reviewing pane and hit delete, nothing happens. The only way I can delete text in the reviewing pane is letter by letter with the delete key. This is really slowing me down and driving me nuts. Any idea how I can debug this? I...

Print Preview (again?) #2
Hi I'm getting very confused with trying to draw a small print preview box. I'm trying to draw fonts the exact proportionate size. Because I can't show fractional font sizes on screen, I'm trying to draw it into a memory DC (quite big?) then StretchBlt it down onto my box (I don't mind if it's a bit pixelly as long as it's in proportion). This code works after a fashion but what do my values need to be? Do I need to set the map mode to a higher value? It comes about 1/3 size. Thanks for any advice, Greg Chapman void CA4Page::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); C...

Print preview anomoly
I have an application that was created in excel which has command buttons, drop down input fields, and Labels. Whenever I go to print preview all of the Visaul Basic command buttons, drop down input fields and labels move to the left of the paage being previewed. Closing the print preview window and the buttons stay to the left. Can anyone help. I have reloaded Office and I am using WIndows XP. This is an Excel 2002 SP3 bug: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838910&Product=xl2002 -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jerry Sanner" <anonymous@discussions.m...

How to automate zoom+ in Print Preview
Hi, Is anybody know how to automate zoom+ (big) when we make print preview in Access?. Everytime I make a report, I always print preview first before I print the report to printer. But the problem is, access always zoom- on print preview. So we have to do 1 click tomake it bigger. For computer illeterate, sometimes the don't know how to make it bigger. I tried to look on the print properties, bit I can't find out. Thanks in advance. KF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200708/1 On Aug 31, 6:24 am, "KimTong vi...

How do I get Print Preview in color?
My Print Preview shows black and white and I want to see designs in color. How do I go about changing this? This is a Publisher bug with some HP printers. Do you have any other printer installed? If not there are generic printer drivers you can install. In the Printer Folder in the Control Panel, File, Add Printer, Scroll down to Generic, install Generic Color PS for Commercial Printing and/or MS Publisher Image setter. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F6B9992-B075-4463-971D-B4D62900D679@microsoft.com....

Using freezed panes in excel, how do I save the page as HTML?
I want to save an excel sheet I have made as HTML, but I use freezed panes to keep various headings up the top. How do I save the page as HTML so that I can scroll down the page whilst keeping the headings up the top? Anyone have any ideas? You need to save with "frames". The top frame contains the headers whereas the bottom frame contains the data. Then remove the scrollbars from top frame to simulate the freezed panes. Now, the person can only scroll (up and down) the bottom frame. Regards, Robert ...

What you see in Print Preview is not alway being printed.
Trying to print a large chart 4'x 8'. on an HP c1700 printer. When printed on two sheets everthing prints. When I go 85% of full scale (the finish size) some of the text within the chart drops. It appears as random drops because 98% of the chart prints correctly. the Bullet that heads the text prints but the text itself is missing. The cell side wall is missing as expected when text is printed, The cells reform as expected when the space necessary for the text has ended. If the missing text cross's a page boundry it get picked up on the other side. ...

Words wrapped differently on screen and on print preview
Some words in a cell are too long to fit in so they're wrapped. I put in - so it gets wrapped at a certain point. On screen it wraps according to - like: wordbeginning- wordend but on print preview it displays: wordbeginning-end on one line instead of wrapping. That is only if it's not too long word because it doesn't stretch cells. It seems as if cells on screen are smaller than on print preview?! How can I make them wrap the same way so I can be sure what I see on screen is the same others will see on paper? -- You can't know everything about everything. Try using man...

Excel worksheet and print preview screen are different
I have many cells that are set up to wrap text to multiple lines. Everything looks like it fits, but when I look at print preview and print the page, Excel moves the text and I end up with missing words. I'm having a particularly hard time because some of the cells contain data from another worksheet, so I can't play with alt+enter to make new lines without messing up the original worksheet. Any tips about keep this from happening? Thanks! WYSIWYG ain't necessarily so. Maybe you could drop the font size by .5???? Emily wrote: > > I have many cells that are set ...

Newsletter Email Preview is Perfect, Test Email is AWFUL!
'm attempting to send out the 3rd company newsletter in as many months. I've not had any problems with prior newsletters but I can NOT get this one to email correctly. I created a custom email template that measures 11" x 25" and I've filled it with the usual text and pictures and logo. It comes out very wide with nothing lining up like it should. I did edit some of the photos within Publisher - could that mess things up? Maybe I need a narrower layout? I have Publisher 2007 and Outlook 2007. Forget it...Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 to parse html and Word does NOT...

Magnify glass on report preview
Hi, I have a multi page report that I veiw using acPreview. When the report comes up my cursor is a magnify glass instead of the arrow. If I click on the next page arrow the cursor then changes to the arrow. Why? Thanks, ...

Make a small print preview visible in Word toolbar
When typing a letter and needing to be sure it is situated properly for letterhead, it would be immensely helpful to see a miniature preview while working in the document. This would avoid having to repeatedly open and close the print preview screen when trying to adjust a document so it will print correctly. By having a small preview at the top of the page, changes made by adding lines and spaces would be immediately visible and editing can be made less annoying. BTW, I really love Word, but this would be helpful! Maybe it's already on Word 10? ---------------- Thi...

Outlook 2007 Reading Pane
Hi. I was wondering if there is a way to stop Outlook 2007 from automatically opening e-mails? I like the Reading Pane, but I don't want it to automatically open a new e-mail message (or automatically show my old e-mail message). For example, it would be nice to highlight which new e-mail I want shown to me, or click spacebar, etc. instead of it automatically opening them, because when Outlook 2007 is downloading my e-mail AND trying to show me an e-mail at the same time, Outlook sort-of freezes until it finishes downloading my new e-mail. Thanks in advance! The reading pane i...

Error previewing reports in CRM 4.0
We recently installed and removed Systems Esstentials 2007 from the same server with our CRM 4.0 installation. After removing the Systems Essentials, it left behind all the reports on our /reports server. This is the same /reports server with our CRM 4.0 reports. Now, those reports are missing from the /report server. We are having some issues with previewing or running CRM 4.0 reports. Does anyone know of a way to reinstall or reupload those reports. I tried a repair of CRM, but it did not reinstall the reports, back to the report server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,...

How to make the report previewed in the right paper size ?
Dear all, I have a report which should be previewed in Letter format. I have installed this application in several computers. When I opened the report in a computer with A4 as default paper size, the report will be previewed using A4 size. I want the report always be previewed in Letter format ignoring the default paper size of the computers. How to make like that ? Thanks. Chlaris With your report open in design view, select file - page setup. Make the changes to select letter type and any other printer settings you wish. When you then save your report, these setti...

Crystal report preview over VPN
Hi All, we have set up a VPN connection to HQ to access CRM. when we try to preview the report over VPN, it will prompt to enter username and password. but this doesn't happen when preview at local LAN. anybody encounter? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict I beleive that this occurs because you are authenticating to the Crystal Report Server. Althought it looks seemless to your users, the reports are generated from the ASP crystal service. Pierre Hulsebus. Hi, is there anyway to let it auto authenticate without prompting the user again, since when log in the CRM it is authenticat...

Problems with print preview and printing single page of multi-page report w/sub-reports
Hi All, I've come across a problem with previewing and printing reports in Access 2000 that I can't figure out, and hope someone can help. The problem report is set up with a page header, detail, and page footer. The information in the page header/footer sections is static. Within the detail are a group of controls, two of which are sub-reports. Of the two sub-reports, one in particular appears to be the problem (I'll call it SubA). SubA can shrink and grow and the controls in its detail can shrink/grow also. What I'm noticing is that sometimes the last line of text...