phone that works with live calendar?

I have been using google for my business for a few years and hate it as it 
sometimes dups the event. I started to use windows live mail and love that 
the calendar syncs up from the desktop to online. But one issue I have found 
is I can not log on via the web when on the road to view the calendar. Is 
there a phone that allows this? I don't care about syncing my phone with  the 
calendar if I can view it online that would be fine. I am also due for an 
upgrade on my phone so if there is a certain phone that will work that would 
be great. I am currently using a motorola cliq, that was upgraded from a 
blackberry. Both phones can't view the calendar online. 
0
Utf
4/15/2010 2:51:01 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

6 Replies
862 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

see if this helps at all:'Mobile Phones | Choose the Best Phone for You
| Windows Mobile'
(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/default.mspx)


-- 
kword88
0
kword88
4/16/2010 3:31:55 AM
ohh I'm using golfiish x610.. with windows mobile 6.1.. no complains..
perfect..


-- 
ashvin

:D Just chill
-pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to fine
tune and provide better support..-
0
ashvin
4/16/2010 3:47:57 AM
What browser does your phone provide ?

The calendar is accessible by IE, Safari, and Firefox.



-- 
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF05AF5C-D0A9-4E3D-88E1-D5C0ED2F8CF7@microsoft.com...
> I have been using google for my business for a few years and hate it as it 
> sometimes dups the event. I started to use windows live mail and love that 
> the calendar syncs up from the desktop to online. But one issue I have found 
> is I can not log on via the web when on the road to view the calendar. Is 
> there a phone that allows this? I don't care about syncing my phone with  the 
> calendar if I can view it online that would be fine. I am also due for an 
> upgrade on my phone so if there is a certain phone that will work that would 
> be great. I am currently using a motorola cliq, that was upgraded from a 
> blackberry. Both phones can't view the calendar online. 
0
winston
4/16/2010 6:42:01 AM
Hey thanks guys that link saved me a ton of time. I have the tmobile cliq. 
It's an ok phone but more geared towards kiddy functions. I have time to 
return it besides the battery is pretty crappy. I see the new tmobile htc 
should work so I'm going to go with that one. Thanks again guys. 

"...winston" wrote:

> What browser does your phone provide ?
> 
> The calendar is accessible by IE, Safari, and Firefox.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
>   ...winston
>   ms-mvp mail
> 
> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF05AF5C-D0A9-4E3D-88E1-D5C0ED2F8CF7@microsoft.com...
> > I have been using google for my business for a few years and hate it as it 
> > sometimes dups the event. I started to use windows live mail and love that 
> > the calendar syncs up from the desktop to online. But one issue I have found 
> > is I can not log on via the web when on the road to view the calendar. Is 
> > there a phone that allows this? I don't care about syncing my phone with  the 
> > calendar if I can view it online that would be fine. I am also due for an 
> > upgrade on my phone so if there is a certain phone that will work that would 
> > be great. I am currently using a motorola cliq, that was upgraded from a 
> > blackberry. Both phones can't view the calendar online. 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/17/2010 3:02:01 AM
Ray,

The earlier link(the one I assume you are referencing)
http://www.windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/t-mobile/default.aspx

Or this one
http://windowslive.com/Mobile

- and you see accessing your Live Calendar as an option ??
 (I see a lot of info on Hotmail, Messenger, Contacts etc..but nothing specific on Live Calendar)....The Live Calendar is not the 
same as the Outlook Calendar which many phones support.

I've not looked elsewhere recently, but this is the last article I have linked about Live calendar data on a windows phone and its 
based on SMS text.
 http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!50997.entry

If you were reviewing calendar options at this site under 'Online' it applies to a pc not mobile
 - http://windowslive.com/Online/Calendar

The only method iirc was a multistep convoluted work around that required Outlook, Outlook Connector, a Live ID, Google Calendar 
and Calgoo software and a Calgoo account...
 - ie..if one has to go through all these steps...it makes, at least to me, to use the more full featured Outlook Calendar which 
syncs with many phones not to mention an Apple iPhone, iPod, and iPod touch.

I could be wrong, but if direct access to all Windows Live Calendar feature is a must...possibly a bit more research is necessary.


-- 
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAAC3036-EACA-4BE2-B6B5-C4450DF6EB17@microsoft.com...
> Hey thanks guys that link saved me a ton of time. I have the tmobile cliq.
> It's an ok phone but more geared towards kiddy functions. I have time to
> return it besides the battery is pretty crappy. I see the new tmobile htc
> should work so I'm going to go with that one. Thanks again guys.
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> What browser does your phone provide ?
>>
>> The calendar is accessible by IE, Safari, and Firefox.
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail
>>
>> "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF05AF5C-D0A9-4E3D-88E1-D5C0ED2F8CF7@microsoft.com...
>> > I have been using google for my business for a few years and hate it as it
>> > sometimes dups the event. I started to use windows live mail and love that
>> > the calendar syncs up from the desktop to online. But one issue I have found
>> > is I can not log on via the web when on the road to view the calendar. Is
>> > there a phone that allows this? I don't care about syncing my phone with  the
>> > calendar if I can view it online that would be fine. I am also due for an
>> > upgrade on my phone so if there is a certain phone that will work that would
>> > be great. I am currently using a motorola cliq, that was upgraded from a
>> > blackberry. Both phones can't view the calendar online.
>> .
>> 
0
winston
4/17/2010 6:50:12 AM
Sorry forgot to add the last line...

Direct access by my terms is an app like feature that you click or select and is loaded onteh phone screen. I.e....separate from 
browsing to http://m.calendar.live.com. For the latter the HTC should be quite capable of browsing to that link.



> I could be wrong, but if direct access to all Windows Live Calendar feature is a must...possibly a bit more research is 
> necessary.

 ....winston
 msft mvp mail 

0
winston
4/17/2010 8:51:33 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

taskpad in calendar
just installed outlook 2003. How can I see the taskpad in the calendar page? I used it a lot with XP but I can't find how in office 2003. Try View | TaskPad -- does that make it appear? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:58D0A02E-451A-483F-BF86-8CFE643D5017@microsoft.com, thedoc wrote: > just installed outlook 2003. How can I see the taskpad in the > calendar page? I used it a lot with XP but I can't find how in office > 2003. ...

Problems in Syncronization of Outlook Calendar with P900
All items except my Calendar items are getting synchronized. I have a problem cause that is not getting synchronized. Tried to select the Calendar etc etc... No error message but items do not reflect in phone or in PC. Please help You will need to apply to the maker of your synchronization software. If Microsoft Activesync, then post in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync. Not an Outlook problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious...

Transaction by Category Report has Stopped Working
I am running Microsoft Money 14.0.120.1105 (Copytight 2004) on Windows 7. I am trying to get a Transactions by Category Report but when I click the link on the Reports Home page, Money goes to the report but then immediately switches back to the Reports Home page again. I have a theory about what is wrong but have no idea how to cure it. I know that calling up the report will usually bring the last used report to the screen which is where I think the problem lies. I recall calling up a report on a particular category because I wanted to change the category to something el...

Excel 2007 sorting ribbon is not working with .Net save code
I build a visual studio C# for office 2007 excel workbook project. It is for displaying and updating data which come from a database table. Everything works fine except – after using Ribbon button to sort the data in the excel column; the data save(update) is not working or the data value has been saved to another record in the table, and it is only happening at the first time after the sorting. The same function work fine if the data is sorted through the column header. It seems is a bug in the excel, Please help. ...

monthly calendar
Can anyone tell me how to change the monthly calendar. Everything is duplicated. Month - date and year all show up double. I have tried Detect and Repair but nothing changes. Thanks you have a second calendar header enabled - tools, options, calendar button. uncheck enable alternate calendar near the bottom -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outloo...

Calendar-want it to start ona Sunday
Hi I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start on a Monday. I have searched but all I come up with is people with the opposite problem. I live in Australia and no-one uses a Monday to Sunday calendar here. I have tried changing zones but that doesn't work. Any idea if there is any other way?? Any suggestions appreciated Cheers kerynb@gmail.com wrote: > Hi > I seem to have an opposite problem to a lot of other people. I want my > calendars to start on Sunday but Publisher only lets me start...

outlook 2010.wrote in word works and saved can not open
saved work in beta2010 word work not able to open any suggestions If you want to guarantee other programs can open the files created by the beta, save as the old doc format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http:/...

Issue uploading calendar to server
Hello all, Starting the beginning of this week, my calendar will not upload to the server and update to everyone who views it. Everytime I try, it states the upload failed, will send on next send/recieve, there was a problem uploading the file to the server. I am trying to find out if you think it is an issue with our server, Microsoft's server, or if I could just be doing something wrong. Never had an issue before. Oh, by the way, I am running Outlook 07. Thanks for any help. It's been down for almost a week now. "PNJSmith" wrote: > Hello all, ...

calendar to include tasks, journals and appointments?
Where can I find or create a calendar view so I can see my tasks and jounal entries on a calendar with my appointments? It's hard to manage my time without all on one calendar. I have outlook 2003. Thanks. Show the Calendar. Then click View | TaskPad will add the TaskPad to the Calendar. No way I know of to add the Journal to any Calendar views. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "joyfule" <joyfule@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6500676A-E915-4E9A-8748-ED181BA50728@microsoft.com... > Where can I fin...

Outlook Calendar Resources becomes Attendee after edit
In Outlook 2002, you can book a meeting with a Resource in your calendar. However what is happening is when this person edits the meeting with a resourse in it the resource becomes an Attendee. Any Ideas? ...

Shared calendars OWA
Hello I am running Exchange 2007 HT, MB, CAS all on the same box. If i make a user a delegate of my calendar they can open up the calendar using Outlook 2007, but when using OWA 2007 they cant get access to the shared calendar. Is this possible and if so how ? thanks ...

Spell Check Works Sporadically in Outlook 2007 E-mail
Sometimes, paragraphs seem to be hidden from the Word spell check. Misspelled words are not underlined. If I hit the Spell Check button, it finds no errors. I can type word after word of gibberish and it reports everything is fine. In the most recent such message, it seemed to be tied to a numbered list. Every misspelled word in the list it ignored. Everything outside the list it correctly flagged as misspelled. But if I cope the text out of the numbered list, it remains immune to the spell check, even if the words are copied out and pasted elsewhere in the document. It's as if eve...

Phone Number Fromats in Outlook
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP. When i used to enter telephone numbers for my contacts i used to always enter it preceded with a "+" as the international line opened. So, i used to enter the number as: +1-416-451-5222 as an example. Outlook used to accept it. Now when i enter the same number above, outlook deletes the '+' and leaves the number as 14164515222. TO be able to keep the "+" i have to type the number like this: +1(416)451-5222. Any idea what could have changed! Where is the setting that identifies the number format? Thanks. ...

Integration with Great Plains
Hi, I'm looking for some technical information regarding CRM Integration for Great Plains. The mappings are served by BizTalk, messages come through MSMQ service. Insert/updates are delivered by triggers and post-callouts (?). However, I want more information. 1. The first question is: How the integration knows which corresponding record is going to be updated. Say: I'm changing one of the customer fields in Great Plains. The primary key is CUSTNMBR (char(15)). The integration may find appropiate record in CRM based on accountnumber. However this CRM field is changeable (and 20-char ...

RSS live feed
Hi, I want to make an update check for some software and use RSS for that (because it=92s on sourceforge.net and they have an RSS stream for the directories). Off course Google was my friend while looking for some code to read RSS, but there=92s one thing I cannot find (not even on codeproject.com or within source code of projects on sourceforge.net). How can I make the RSS reader follow the RSS feed live? Is there an event that I can use or something like that? Or do I have to use a timer every second for instance? Or is there some code available to just listen to the RSS stream...

Configuring Calendaring and sharing
Hello, I hope someone can please help me with this... My setup: I have an exchange server setup on SiteA and 6 clients setup at SiteB that use POP3 to connect to my exchange server at SiteA. I would like them to have the ability to share and use the calendar in which this case they are unable to. My clients at SiteA are fine; but they cannot see siteB to share resources. Is this possible with my current configuration, and can someone please shed some thougths or solutions? Looking forward to your expertise Thank you George ...

Exchange 2003 mail is not work to good
I have just setup a 2003 exchange server and everytime someone send mail with an attchment made in ms word, excel or etc. that person never gets the mail and it takes a while for it to bounce back. Any other kind of mail works sometimes. There is no anti-virus on the server yet so what is the problem? What does the non-delivery report (bounce back) show? W dealman1@hotmail.com wrote: > I have just setup a 2003 exchange server and everytime > someone send mail with an attchment made in ms word, excel > or etc. that person never gets the mail and it takes a > while for ...

Calendar Items not added when using OWA
Hi all, I can not add any appointments via OWA. No error messages are appearing, and the appointments are being saved properly. All calendar items added via the Outlook client are working properly and are visible. Any suggestions? Does this happen when running OWA directly from the Exchange Server itself or another computer for that matter? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "michael" <michael.mcnab@badjar.com.au> wrote in message news:1150768517.688915.278870@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I can not add...

Unicode works on XP but not Win2K ...
Hi: I have an ActiveX control (unicode project) in which a dialogbox shows some text fields for user input. The names of the fields (like "User Name" and "Password" etc.) are stored in the string table in different languages (in wideChars). The ActiveX control works fine in XP, all fields shown different languages correctly based on locale info. But under windows 2000, only the dialog title shown correctly, not the field names. Can you think of anything ? Thanks in advance! Polaris ...

SUMIF Statements aren't working for me
I'm trying to figure out why these two statements don't always work. =SUMIF(D3:D5000,TODAY(),C3:C5000) =SUMIF(D3:D5000,(TODAY()-1),C3:C5000) I'm copying date data into a spreadsheet with the date in column D. I then use the following statement in a macro to format the date as a date (just to be sure it's useable as a date) Selection.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy" My goal is to add the teansaction amounts in column C that were done today... and yesterday and post them into cells. (If I physically type over the pasted date it seems to add correctly...so I'm t...

Money 2003 password stopped working after pc upgrade
hi, since upgrading my pc to xp from win2k (clean install) and reinstalling ms money 2003, i cant get into my money file. the file opens, but asks for a password. when i type in my password (which i have been doing for a couple of years without any trouble) - the program informs me that my password is invalid. can anyone shed any light onto this? i really need to get into money for my tax returns. thanks. i forgot to add that i use ultrasoft money for palm OS and was wondering whether this might have anything to do with it? Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q152 -- Regard...

Calendar doesn't update with acceptance
We have a shared master calendar. My secretary makes an meeting on that calendar and invites me. I get the invitation in my inbox and click on it and accept. The meeting doesn't show that I accepted until the acceptance email is clicked on in the master calendar inbox. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Can I fix it so that the meeting in the calendar gets updating without having to click on the email in the master calendar inbox (I realize that I have to click on and accept in my inbox). Exchange 2003 sp2 Outlook 2003 It is working as designed. -- Milly Staples [M...

Calendar is rendered badly with >1 day selected.
I have a Calendar control on a dialog with an associated CMonthCalCtrl member variable in my dialog class. Everything behaves as I would like with one exception - when I shift-select more than 1 date in the calendar control, the selected numbers turn white/blank and you can't directly see what is selected - looks terrible. Anyone know of a setting that I should change/set to avoid this? Thanks in advance Have you tried setting some different colors? Maybe the text and background are the same color for this operation? I've never tried it, but here is a link: http://msdn2....

Weird calendar issue with date
From time to time when I open Outlook first thing in the morning, two weird things happen: when I click on the calendar, it opens to a year that is several years into the future (this morning it was 12/1/2015) and I guess b/c it thinks it is 2015, I get a dialog box with numerous past due reminders (today it was 197). A reboot clears the problem but I can't for the life of me figure out why this happens. The date is configured correctly on my computer, with correct time zone, etc. I am on Exchange using Outlook 2003. Would anyone have any idea of why this would happen? M...

Turn off Button does not work
The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my desk top. This works fine just like my Turn Off button used to. How can I restore this function to my Start button? Thanks Charlie3110 wrote: > The turn off button on my Start button seems to have stopped working. > I can Restart or Stand By but not Turn Off. I have downloaded a > little program that I was recommended to download and saved it on my > desk top. This wor...