Outbox message about unsent emails.

Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
rid of this message.

Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program.

If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and
make sure that Show all Messages is selected.

You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to
delete the message.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:34076A92-1381-4628-BD36-06C5DADEC463@microsoft.com...
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have
> unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not
> matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and
> there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I
> get
> rid of this message.

0
Michael
5/11/2010 8:01:15 PM
Ensure WLM is in Mail mode(not news, contacts, feeds, calendar)
File/Work Offline
Verify no messages are in your Outbox
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintenance/<set compact counter to 1>, click Close, OK
File/Exit
Agree to the prompt in the dialog box regarding compact/recover disk space
Open WLM
File/Online
Reset the counter to the prior number(the default is 100, you may choose a different frequency..I use 20)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Tipsterharley" <Tipsterharley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent
> messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if
> I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there
> are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get
> rid of this message.

0
winston

Unauthorized Messages
For some reason or another, my Outlook is sending out messages that I personnaly am not sending. I keep getting messages back saying that the recepient is not recognized. Some messages assert that the messages coming from my Outlook (that I'm not sending) are SPAM. Is there something that I can check relative to my Outlook to see if there is a hidden rule or something that keeps sending out these messages that I am not personaly sending. I've run antivirus, ad-aware, and deleted all my rules. Help please. /r Jerry Jerry <Jerry@nospam.com> wrote: > For some reason ...

Outlook2000, email/receiving and sending
The problem is that Outlook 2000 cannot receive incoming mails, even though it can send out e-mails. Currently XP Home edition is running. Also I have Outlook Express running ( for Hotmail as well as Comcast.net), even though Outlook is set for dafault (I believe default is for Comcast only, because Hotmail account is not setup in Outlook 2000). The problem is that any mail addressed to Comcast is going to Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000, which I wanted to. Outlook 2000 attempts to retrive mails (icon showing "looking for the server"), but eventually fails and a message box ...

Can't Send Email 06-28-10
I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. I cannot see a Tools or Email Account menu option in the mail window. Any help is much appreciated. -- JAK WLM version ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JimmyAK" <JimmyAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E210642-A115-4F77-B60E-16181B3B45DB@microsoft.com... > I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. > I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. > I cannot see a Tools or Email Account ...

Email Message Security
I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email message has been compromised? Ask the originator of the email? "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6129114D-319B-470D-8FD7-1A304F1D9A63@microsoft.com... :I got email forwarded from someone. How do I find out if the original email : message has been compromised? email is about as secure as these users groups "Wayne" wrote: > I got email forwarded from someone. How does a doofus like me find out if the > original email message has been ...

Problem with custom message class
Hi, I encountered the following problem: from the add-in I added a custom property and I changed the message class for all of the contacts. When I open a contact (any contact) it is opened with the old message class, but if I looked with Outlook Spy the contact has my custom message class. The contact is displayed with my custom form only after I close and reopen again Outlook. What could be the problem here ? Thanks, K.I For one thing, your code needs to make sure it dereferences the item after making changes. Also, Outlook does some caching of individual items, so if the item had been ...

Outlook97 error message when in Calendar
I posted this under Calendaring but thought it might fit here also. I have WinME. When trying to create appointment in Calendar, I get this message after clicking the Save & Close button. "message interface returned unknown error" It won't let me create an appointment. I had installed me_oe_client.reg because OE wasn't listed in the options of Internet Options. Now it is. That part worked. Now I have this other problem. What can I do? ...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

ERROR message 05-17-10
i can't send emails! And like always, its the WORST time for this to be happening. i could send them fine before then all of a sudden, it just stopped working. please help soon... i get this message. "The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail servic...

How do I send an Automatic Message at a pre-defined time?
Hi, I 'd like to send an automatic message after a certain action is completed. How do I configure outlook to do this? ...

Update in Progress message doesn't go away
All my accounts were working OK until I had to change the online setup for just 2 of my accounts. After that, only these 2 accounts continue working OK. For the rest of them all I get is the 'Update in Progress' message. What can I do?, where can I see the logs? Thanks, MV -- MV ...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

Email DomainA/Email DomainB
I have a recipent policy now (Default) that allows everyone to get a email addres user@abc.com and user@efg.com. I want to add another domain; xyz.com but only allow specific users to get those email addresses. The number of users is small enough that I could manually add the email to each user. According to a previous post, I could create a new policy for the new domain (so exchange allows the reciept of the email) and leave it blank, but I wonder if I leave the policy filter "blank", will it create email addresses for all the users automatically, or can I pick and choose b...

email recovery #2
i just recently reformated my computer to the extentent of no lossage of files on my computer. everything was retained except the files. my isp said they should be still on my computer but dont know the extension to the files. i was wondering how i could recover these files. my os is win xp,office 2000, outlook 2000. outlook 2000 email, contacts, calendar, .etc is stored in a file with *.pst extension. default location is in a hidden directory under one of the following locations. \documents and settings\<userid>\application data\microsoft\outlook \documents and settings\<u...

the server will send emails again after rebooting if lots of recipients
Hi all, We are using a microsoft exchange 2000 server fully patched running on windows 2000 server professional fully patched also. My problem is that everytime i restart the server, it will send again the emails that have been sent to lots of recipients (like 70 or 100 recipients). No matter when the email have first been sent and delivered... It's the second time i restart the server and i had to freeze all the queues in order to stop some messages, but even messages sent in september last year were ready to be delivered again... I've looked for the logs, event log...

set different attachemnt limit for internal and external message
Is it possible that we can set different attachement limit for internal messages sent or received inside organization than external messages that you sent or received by the external party? Pease let me know and I really want to limit the inside users's attachemnt size when they send large attachemnts to the internal users. If I did limit on the global settings or on user account, then that wil limit the user to send or receive large attachemnt from external organization as well. Thanks, Peter On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:06:04 -0800, "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.c...

Error message after protecting worksheet
I have a worksheet with a range of cells needed to be protected and another set unprotected to allow user to enter data. In this set of unprotected spreadsheet, I have a few cells using a Combo box to allow user to select data from and then place the selected data into a cell. I followed the usual steps to unprotect cells (togeter with the combo boxes by selecting them at the same time) by enter the range of cells as "Allow users to edit ranges". The problem I have is that Excel prompts me an error msg comlaining "The cell chart you are trying to change is protecte...

EMail on the web
Hello I am receving allot of spam via email address on our website. How can i prevent people from using the email address on our site to send spam mail to others and also sending spam mail to us. In this day and age - a good Spam Filter is in order. We use ORF at www.vamsoft.com "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0501c4480e$23403910$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am receving allot of spam via email address on our > website. How can i prevent people from using the email > address on our site to send spam mail to others a...

OE unsafe file attachement message
Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a message stating the following: "OE removed access to the following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments. Any idea what this is all about. Thanks in advance! This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will...

Unable to send new mail in OWA- new message button not working
Hi, we are having problem when users are trying to use OWA on Exchange 2003. The problem is that we can not write new message or do reply on old messages. When we press new message nothing is happening. I think that the problem is on the server side because we have tried from different client PC's (different OS - XP, Vista, 7) with different web browsers ( IE 6,7, Firefox, Opera). Only in IE 6 I have managed to write new message but when you press send the message disappears.In the down left corner I get the message Page error The server is Exchange 2003 Standard with SP2 and al...

email a queue from a user
Is there a way to email a queue from a crm user on the road and have it go to the queue? We have blackberries and would like to email support@ourcompany.com and get it posted there so we can assign it. Andy ...

Searching free email account provider with POP3 AND SMTP (!!!!) access
I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent spammers) would be ok. I have seen some lists of such services but most of them do NOT provide SMTP access (!) although claimed! Thomas Thomas Hansen <thans2000@gmx.net> wrote: > I am searching an internet service which offers free email accounts > with POP3 and SMTP access. A limit of emails/day (to prevent > spammers) would be ok. Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bfree+%2Bpop+%2Bsmtp -- Brian Tillman POP3 is how in...

Why does office turn off when I delete a message?
I have Office Outlook 2003 SP1 and all critical updates. When I do anything with a message, other than read it (for instance, delete it), Outlook shuts down and the message appears telling me that the program has run into a problem and needs to close. There is no error number and no recourse but to click to either send an error report or don't to MS. Has anyone had this problem and has anyone found a cure for it. Thanks for whatever help you can give me. Try both detect and repair and scanpst.exe. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...

Odd Email Recipt error
Hi. We have a number of users who have external mailboxes, and some who have internal mailboxes. Everyone uses the same domain username@ourcompany.com. When anyone of us send an email to an account externally with a copy to an account internally, the external receipient gets the message, but the sender gets an error which states there is an error delivering to username@companyname.LOCAL, because on receipt to the internal receipient, Exchange is trying to send that email to the external receipient, but locally... Has anyone experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a solution to th...

email always received as att000##.txt
A friend of mine is using outlook (so am I) Any time he replies to a message, instead of the message coming in as an email, it comes back to me as the original email I sent him with an attachment containing the text of his reply. the attachment file name always looks like this: att000021.txt or some other number, but alway of that format. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? can't find in the knowledgebase thanks Dave info@monshaw.com ...

yahoo's email window
I cannot seem to find what I am having issue with in yahoo's help. Simply, I use classic mail & the window is so small, I have to scroll each & every time I want to review & respond to certain points, yet the window takes up less than half the browser window - anyone know how to enlarge the classic mail window, so I can read & respond without having to scroll down for each sentence or paragraph ? Many thanks for any/all -- Dallas..... Dell P 4, 3GHz, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 160 GB, Win XP HomeSP3, WMP11, 16X DVD-ROM & ,6X DVD+/RW, IE7, OE6, DSL, via A...