Old e-mails in inbox/Junk box with wrong date stamps, "unknown" au

Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong date
stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail
server even though I checked option to leave mail on server.

Skarmio;1219213 Wrote:
> Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong
> date
> stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail
> server even though I checked option to leave mail on server.

Sounds like a lot of spam, no way to stop it once they get your
address.

A possible solution. Open a new account. Give the address only to those
you trust; family friends, etc.

When you want to buy something online or give your address online, to
people you do not know, give the spam address.  This way, you can give
your online address, and not have the need to access it often and yet
you can receive email from those that are important.

Be very, very careful who you give the new address too. And tell your
friends, please do not send those cute email cards.  Yes, they are free,
but they sell your address and guess what more spam

Good luck

--
richc46

*Richard*
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*
0
richc46
1/24/2010 6:11:05 PM
Skarmio;1219213 Wrote:
> Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong
> date
> stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail
> server even though I checked option to leave mail on server.

Sounds like a lot of spam, no way to stop it once they get your
address.

A possible solution. Open a new account. Give the address only to those
you trust; family friends, etc.

When you want to buy something online or give your address online, to
people you do not know, give the spam address. This way, you can give
your online address, and not have the need to access it often and yet
you can receive email from those that are important.

Be very, very careful who you give the new address too. And tell your
friends, please do not send those cute email cards. Yes, they are free,
but they sell your address and guess what more spam

Good luck

--
richc46

*Richard*
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*
0
richc46
1/24/2010 7:57:13 PM
I'd also like to know why I am receiving mail in my junk box that isn't even
addressed to me. katiewillis1@hotmail.com seems to always come to my hotmail
acct. Plus i get the junk scam mail daily. Is there a way to set up hotmail
so you only receive emails specifically addressed to you?

"Skarmio" wrote:

> Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong date
> stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail
> server even though I checked option to leave mail on server.
Firstly - the reason.

In the "To:" line, the spammer has addressed the message to
katiewillis1@hotmail.com - and has included your address in the
"Bcc:" (blind copy) line.

Secondly - the remedy

If WLMail accesses your Hotmail account via the HTTP server, then
I am not aware of any specific remedy within Windows Live Mail.
However, you could use your browser to sign into your Hotmail
account via the webmail interface - and configure the Hotmail
Spam filters to a more restrictive setting.  That might or might
not help.

If WLMail accesses your Hotmail account via the POP3 server, then
suitable Message Rules might have the required effect.  However,
it would be rather difficult to create Message Rules, that do not
affect or prevent receipt of legitimate messages.

"dardalion" <dardalion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> I'd also like to know why I am receiving mail in my junk box
> that isn't even
> addressed to me. katiewillis1@hotmail.com seems to always come
> to my hotmail
> acct. Plus i get the junk scam mail daily. Is there a way to
> set up hotmail
> so you only receive emails specifically addressed to you?
>
> "Skarmio" wrote:
>
>> Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails
>> with wrong date
>> stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off
>> yahoo mail
>> server even though I checked option to leave mail on server.

0
Bob

User unknown
I made a new user on the exchange server, but if i want to make the account in outlook, Outlook says: "the name could not be matched to a name in the adresslist" I don't know what to do anymore. All the rights are the same as my collegea. can somebody help me? Go back to AD where you created the account, preferably on the Exchange Server. Is there an email address listed? If there isn't then right click on the Recipient Update Service in ESM and click update now. Advise what happens then... >-----Original Message----- >I made a new user on the exchange server, b...

Unknown Messages being Sent
OS: Windows 2000 Product: Outlook 2002 Connection: Comcast Cable Mail: Comcast POP3 mail server (mail.comcast.net) Question(s): Every so often (4th or 5th time) when I perform a Send/Receive, Outlook will send out a message that I had in no way composed myself. A few seconds later Norton Antivirus 2002 confirms this with a "Sending Message" window. And the "Sent Messages" folder does not reflect a message being sent. Just what is it that outlook is sending? I'm very sure it isn't spamware or spyware, since one time this happened after a fresh install of my ...

Handling unknown monitor resolutions
How does a designer of a commercial Access application deal with the possibilities of varying resolutions on customers' monitors? Is it feasible to make it a requirement that the application must be invoked on a computer with a monitor with a minimum resolution of, say, 1024x768? If so, what's a good choice for that resolution (i.e., as large as possible yet not exceeding what the typical customer is using)? Thanks Rick In the past, I have developed on a default resolution of 800 x 600 and set the requirement for display to minimally be 800 x 600. There is also some code I have ...

The messaging has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Ou
I have Outlook 2003 /Windows XP.The message in the subject field is the message I receive when I attempt to send a mail, record a new contact. I am blocked to send/recieve Email. Restarting Outlook does not help. Removing and re installing Office 2003 does not help. Any clue.... Create a new mail profile and see if that helps. If it doesn remove the old mail profile. To create a new profile (do not copy it); Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles To access your current pst-file in the new profile; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... To set it as the default delivery l...

Unknown Object
When I hover over a point on an Excel chart a "comment-like" box pops u to tell me information about that point such as : 1) Which Series it is from 2) Which point on that Series it is 3) The X and Y co-ordinates of that point. Note that this is NOT the Label as it is NOT always visible. Can anyone tell me what this Object is called and how can control/change the text that appears in it. I have a With Events Chart Class and have managed to add an 'X and tracker' (appearing on the Status bar) when I move my mouse around th chart - just to give you some idea of where I&#...

Unknown Error 0x80040119 #3
Hello! Having some pretty huge issues with this error - Unknown Error 0x80040119 this occurrs when the Send/Receive button is pressed in Outlook 2003 on a Terminal Server session. Scenario: Users accesses email from a Notebooks out of office using VPN. Outlook is configured to connect an exchange server in cached mode. This particular user travels frequently and also accesses their email via Outlook on our Terminal Servers which is when the problem ocurrs with "Unknown Error 0x80040119". KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814441 not resolve this issue Hello, you should v...

Exchange rule deploy wizard unknown error
Hi, we have an installation of CRM 3.0 with language italian, and we have installed the EMail Router component on the exchange server. When we try to use the deploy wizard in order to create rule for CRM on exchange, all the users of our domain seems to be incorrect, but no additional description is given. The wizard show me an "Unknown Error" (!!??@##) 0x80005000. Nothing in the event viewer. Some one know what's the problem ? Thanks in advance. MAX ...

message interface returns unknown error
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003 with an exchange server (SBS2003) on an XP SP2 box. Suddenly today I'm finding I can't delete or move some mail items from my Inbox. Not all, just some. I get the message "message interface returns unknown error". What would cause this to start happening and how do I get it to stop? I checked the MS Knowledge base. I saw a couple of references to the message but the situations were different. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance... Which ones did you try already? Start with the eassiest ones; -empty the Deleted Items folder -rebuil...

short cut way to go to specific but unknown cells
Is there a short cut way to go to the 1) first row first column 2) last row, last column 3) last row, first column 4) first row last column thanks jery ranch 1 - ctrl/home 2 - ctrl/end 3 - ctrl/end, then home (not ctrl/home) 4 - ctrl/end, then right arrow, ctrl/up arrow, left arrow "Jerome Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:n2kgr0ld5b9bt6rguseeubt96ig8pdko3q@4ax.com... > Is there a short cut way to go to the > > 1) first row first column > 2) last row, last column > 3) last row, first column > 4) first row last column > > thanks > je...

Unknown Publisher File Version
How do I find out what version of Publisher my pub.files were saved in? When I call up a file it tell me something tot he effect that I cannot read a newer revision. Thanks Hi SSSS (SSSS@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I find out what version of Publisher my pub.files were saved || in? || || When I call up a file it tell me something tot he effect that I || cannot read a newer revision. || || Thanks The file will not tell you the version. You will need to have whomever sent you the file to resave the file to the same version of Publisher that you ...

"The messaging service interface has returned an unknown error."
Outlook XP Pro v 2002 SP3. A friend often sends collections of .doc, .pdf. Sometimes get this message and can't do anything, but go back and send them one at a time. Files are NOT a particularly large size. There is no relation to one specific file type, or number of files: may fail on a small number, or suceed on a large number. Any help appreciated! Ron ...

Can't open this item. Unknown error
I have been using an auto-forward rule for the past year and have just been experiencing problems with it. I run exchange 5.5 with outlook 2000 and automatically forward certain emails to my colleagues. When they try to open the item by double clicking it I get an error "Can't open this item. Unknown Error". If I move the email to an archive folder it opens fine. It can also be viewed by using the preview when the email is in the inbox, but I can't double click it to open. The auto-forward rule has been re-created but still no joy. Any suggestions would be appr...

Unknown outgoing mail
I am running SBS 2003 and every 2 weeks I get reports showing how many emails each user has sent. I notice that the Administrator account has sent 436 emails in the last 2 weeks. As I am the only person who knows the Administrator password and I have not sent any emails using this account I know something is not right. I have looked in the queues and there is mail which is going to alsorts of funny addresses from the postmaster which I assume is the Administrator. So it would seem that my Exchange server or something is sending out Spam. I have McAfee Group Shield installed and McAfee ...

CRM 1.2 Unknown Errors
Hello, I never heard about CRM until 1 week ago. I used up a few days to setup a testing environment for CRM 1.2 and I got it up and running at last. However, I am still having multiple issues with it. I hope that I can get an answer to these from experienced users as you. Here we go: My testing environment is formed by two computers as it follows: "Optiplex" -domain controller. (domain is called "opti.com" or "OPTI" for pre-2000 systems) -IP: 192.168.1.101 -OS: Win Server 2003 "Dell" -CRM server -Sql Server -Microsoft Exchange Server -IP: ...

Host unknown
All mail coming into the building through outside connections are receiving an NDR host unknown. What could be causing this. "Steve Shamblin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6da401c483b2$35cd97a0$a501280a@phx.gbl: > All mail coming into the building through outside > connections are receiving an NDR host unknown. What could > be causing this. Are your public DNS servers down/unreachable? What do the NDRs say? What's the domain? regards Paul -- paul <at> spamcop.net ...

Backup message: Unknown error
Hi there, I am trying to run a database backup from the Maintenance menu in GP 10.0. The module let me to create a backup schedule, but when I try to run an immediate backup it shows "Unknown error" message, and nothing happen. GP 10 version 1319 running under SQL 2008 SP2 and with all users logged out, it comes out the same error message. Same happens for system database. Thanks a lot for your directions. -- Gilberto Villegas IT Plus Inc. GP Business Solutions partner Gilberto, Are you trying to do the backup on the server physically or taking the same through Terminal S...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #3
Please help me. I am trying to delete email form my outlook inbox. When I click delete, I get following message: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks RJ ...

Outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error - I get this every time I try to delete any message, from any folder. The MS site states it's when a PST is approaching 2GB, I have 1.9GB of mail after emptying my deleted items folder - can't delete anything else so can't reduce the size of the .PST, also can't send or receive any mail at all. Any suggestions? Thanks Sev "VFrustrated" <neil.severn@virgin.net> wrote in message news:010201c36c00$7efe9840$a501280a@phx.gbl > Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an > un...

Macros with unknown table lengths
Hi, I'm relatively new to macro programming with excel, and I'm having trouble dealing with variable length data. Every week I get a spreadsheet that has data in columns A through J, and rows 1 through somewhere around 3000 plus or minus a hundred or so, and 3 sheets. I need to take the data from sheets 2 and 3 and append them to the bottom of sheet 1, as well as put a formula into column K and copy it down to the end of the data. When I tried to record a macro doing this, it always saves a cell address for the last row in this particular spreadsheet, so it won't work on next wee...

Installation problem (Unknown error 80040E07)
I've tried to install MSCRM on a windows 2003 system. At the end of the installation process I received a message box - Failed to install MS CRM Server - Failed to provision your initial business - Failed to create organization - Unknown error (80040E07) Has anybody an advice for me ? Thanks Uwe I do not believe that CRM is supported yet on 2003. "Uwe Kuhne" <ukuhne@pedes.de> wrote in message news:OYfQt$iSDHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I've tried to install MSCRM on a windows 2003 system. > At the end of the installation process I received a message box &...

Unknown Error 0x80040119 #2
Hello! Having some pretty huge issues with this error - Unknown Error 0x80040119 this occurrs when the Send/Receive button is pressed in Outlook 2003 on a Terminal Server session. Scenario: Users accesses email from a Notebooks out of office using VPN. Outlook is configured to connect an exchange server in cached mode. This particular user travels frequently and also accesses their email via Outlook on our Terminal Servers which is when the problem ocurrs with "Unknown Error 0x80040119". KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814441 not resolve this issue ...

AutoFill To Unknown Column
Background. From a varying Range I would like to AutoFill across to a varying column picked by the user. Range differs on different sheets. Might be D16:D29 or C14:C321 or H1:H4, etc. The user picks the column from a UserForm which returns a number to a named range on sheet1. I was hoping to be able to use this number to increament the column number but I get either "Error 1004, autofill method of range class failed" or "Error 91, Object variable or With block variable not set" Suggestions ? I didn't bother to make a userform (I just used application.inputboxes)....

Unknown contacts (Spammers)
Keeps getting invitations from unknown ppl... probably spammers. I have blocked "all other users" on the privacy tab already, how come it still doesn't stop ? Greetings WF, That is just to block "all other users" from sending you actual instant messages - which has been the default setting for almost 10 years. There is no way to block contact invitations at this time, unfortunately. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://mes...

Jabra GN 5035 (Unknown device)
Hi! I just got this Jabra GN 5035 usb headset. I'm about to use it with my online job but this headset seems not working with my computer. I tried to plugged this usb headset to all usb port available and it still doing the same thing. device manager says " unknown device" if I click unknown device and check the status, it says "no drivers are installed for this device". This headset didn't came with any driver. The headset suppose to be a plug and play device. anyone there who encountered this kind of problem already? or anyone knows how to resolve...

2007 pro: pub file "unknown application"
When I save a .pub file then try to open it from its link, error comes up with Windows cannot open this publication. It also has the wrong current icon, showing C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,0 and when I look in the available list there is no .pub choice of icon. In properties, under general, Type of file is PUB file, Opens with Unknown Application. When I click on Change, Recommended Programs has Microsoft Office Publisher there, but it doesn't show it in 'Other Programs' where the only MS listed are MS Picture Manager and MS Office Word. So every time I wa...