Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10

I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self.  Just 
loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago.  Migrated all of my old stuff 
from Windows Mail (Vista).  I've tried everything, including turning off 
email filtering.  Only one email account and it is POP3.  Can something be 
corrupted?
0
Utf
3/28/2010 11:33:01 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

22 Replies
1497 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows =
Live=20
Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the =
provider's
webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:21B5CD92-3835-4529-8C8E-2E944C000383@microsoft.com...
> I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my =
self.  Just=20
> loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago.  Migrated all of my =
old stuff=20
> from Windows Mail (Vista).  I've tried everything, including turning =
off=20
> email filtering.  Only one email account and it is POP3.  Can =
something be=20
> corrupted?
0
Gary
3/28/2010 11:54:02 PM
Thanks for the reply.  My provider is Charter.net.  No, I don't see any 
messages there, even though I checked a box for the server to retain messages 
for 5 days.  Security on my computer is provided by the Charter Security 
Suite, free from Charter Communications.  I belong to enough Groups on the 
Web and I get a reasonable amount of chatter EVERY day.  Right now, the 
silence is deafening!  I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing the 
Security Suite.  Maybe it doesn't like Windows 7?  I'll report back later.  
BTW, I checked "notify me of replies" and I didn't get an email.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows Live 
> Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the provider's
> webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download?
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> 
> 
> "Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21B5CD92-3835-4529-8C8E-2E944C000383@microsoft.com...
> > I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self.  Just 
> > loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago.  Migrated all of my old stuff 
> > from Windows Mail (Vista).  I've tried everything, including turning off 
> > email filtering.  Only one email account and it is POP3.  Can something be 
> > corrupted?
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/29/2010 8:21:02 PM
Windows Live Mail can't download what isn't on the server.
Since your Charter webmail inbox was empty, there was nothing to
download by Windows Live Mail. Since webmail was empty, that means
your security software is not at fault.

Have you checked the Spam folder in your Charter webmail?
Are any of the senders who are sending you messages receiving a
non-delivery report or bounce notice?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:A93A9B75-231A-4C09-9EB6-ECC2D6625AB5@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the reply.  My provider is Charter.net.  No, I don't see =
any=20
> messages there, even though I checked a box for the server to retain =
messages=20
> for 5 days.  Security on my computer is provided by the Charter =
Security=20
> Suite, free from Charter Communications.  I belong to enough Groups on =
the=20
> Web and I get a reasonable amount of chatter EVERY day.  Right now, =
the=20
> silence is deafening!  I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing =
the=20
> Security Suite.  Maybe it doesn't like Windows 7?  I'll report back =
later. =20
> BTW, I checked "notify me of replies" and I didn't get an email.
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows =
Live=20
>> Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the =
provider's
>> webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download?
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:21B5CD92-3835-4529-8C8E-2E944C000383@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my =
self.  Just=20
>> > loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago.  Migrated all of my =
old stuff=20
>> > from Windows Mail (Vista).  I've tried everything, including =
turning off=20
>> > email filtering.  Only one email account and it is POP3.  Can =
something be=20
>> > corrupted?
>> .
>>
0
Gary
3/30/2010 12:50:29 AM
That's what is funny.  Usually, a little SPAM gets through to me, but I'm 
getting nothing.  If I email someone, their answer never gets to me.  By 
Charter webmail, do you mean online access?  If so, there is no SPAM folder 
online.

I have access, as a Moderator, to two of the Yahoo Groups I belong to.  
There are no non-delivery reports and no bouncing notices.

I uninstalled the Charter Security Suite yesterday afternoon and left myself 
"naked" for approximately 12 hours.  No email at all!  Reinstalled the Suite 
and ran a full computer scan this AM.  No problems encountered, but still no 
email.

What to do?????????

Bob Lane

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Windows Live Mail can't download what isn't on the server.
> Since your Charter webmail inbox was empty, there was nothing to
> download by Windows Live Mail. Since webmail was empty, that means
> your security software is not at fault.
> 
> Have you checked the Spam folder in your Charter webmail?
> Are any of the senders who are sending you messages receiving a
> non-delivery report or bounce notice?
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
Utf
3/30/2010 7:31:02 PM
Just had an interesting experience!  Being frustrated as all h*ll by my 
problem, I was searching through IE8 and happened to notice a "Read Email" 
icon that is in between the "Feeds" and "Print" icons.  I clicked on it, up 
popped Windows Live Mail, and a couple of seconds later 5 new emails showed 
up.  All from sites I subscribe to and haven't seen since installing Windows 
7 Home Premium 64-bit and Windows Live Mail.  While sitting here, somewhat 
stunned, a couple more emails popped up.

Does this mean that I have to click on the email icon in IE8 to get my 
email?  I also noticed the "Sign In" box in Windows Live Mail.  Do I have to 
be signed in to Windows Live for everything to work?

Thanks for the help!

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL
0
Utf
3/30/2010 8:54:01 PM
No, you don't have to be signed in to Windows Live Mail in order to =
receive mail.
The sign-in is only for optional calendar and contacts syncing. You can =
permanently
banish that prompt for sign-in: Tools, Options, Connection, "Stop =
signing in".

The Read E-mail icon in IE8 should bring up the same default email =
program=20
as your other email shortcuts: Windows Live Mail.=20

By any chance, did your Windows Live Mail come pre-installed on your =
Win7
computer, or did you download and install it yourself? We've seen =
reports
that the pre-installed version may be corrupted.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:AB5BBF5A-046D-4E68-839A-382CCD9F8841@microsoft.com...
> Just had an interesting experience!  Being frustrated as all h*ll by =
my=20
> problem, I was searching through IE8 and happened to notice a "Read =
Email"=20
> icon that is in between the "Feeds" and "Print" icons.  I clicked on =
it, up=20
> popped Windows Live Mail, and a couple of seconds later 5 new emails =
showed=20
> up.  All from sites I subscribe to and haven't seen since installing =
Windows=20
> 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Windows Live Mail.  While sitting here, =
somewhat=20
> stunned, a couple more emails popped up.
>=20
> Does this mean that I have to click on the email icon in IE8 to get my =

> email?  I also noticed the "Sign In" box in Windows Live Mail.  Do I =
have to=20
> be signed in to Windows Live for everything to work?
>=20
> Thanks for the help!
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
0
Gary
3/30/2010 11:19:54 PM
The emails I received this afternoon must have been a freak.  Haven't had 
another since then.  I belong to 8 Yahoo Groups (car clubs) and they are all 
pretty lively.  Have gone to them all this evening and it's pretty obvious 
that I've missed a bunch of messages.

What to do??????????

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> No, you don't have to be signed in to Windows Live Mail in order to receive mail.
> The sign-in is only for optional calendar and contacts syncing. You can permanently
> banish that prompt for sign-in: Tools, Options, Connection, "Stop signing in".
> 
> The Read E-mail icon in IE8 should bring up the same default email program 
> as your other email shortcuts: Windows Live Mail. 
> 
> By any chance, did your Windows Live Mail come pre-installed on your Win7
> computer, or did you download and install it yourself? We've seen reports
> that the pre-installed version may be corrupted.
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> 
> 
> "Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB5BBF5A-046D-4E68-839A-382CCD9F8841@microsoft.com...
> > Just had an interesting experience!  Being frustrated as all h*ll by my 
> > problem, I was searching through IE8 and happened to notice a "Read Email" 
> > icon that is in between the "Feeds" and "Print" icons.  I clicked on it, up 
> > popped Windows Live Mail, and a couple of seconds later 5 new emails showed 
> > up.  All from sites I subscribe to and haven't seen since installing Windows 
> > 7 Home Premium 64-bit and Windows Live Mail.  While sitting here, somewhat 
> > stunned, a couple more emails popped up.
> > 
> > Does this mean that I have to click on the email icon in IE8 to get my 
> > email?  I also noticed the "Sign In" box in Windows Live Mail.  Do I have to 
> > be signed in to Windows Live for everything to work?
> > 
> > Thanks for the help!
> > 
> > Bob Lane
> > Pinson, AL
> .
> 
0
Utf
3/31/2010 1:40:01 AM
I bought and installed a clean full copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
myself.  I have Vista Ultimate on my other machine.  Just had a thought.  
Maybe I should install the email account I use on that machine, leave Windows 
Mail on all night, and see what happens?

I have seen a few comments about Windows Live Mail being corrupted, too.  
How can I uninstall and re-install it?

Thanks!

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL
0
Utf
3/31/2010 2:14:01 AM
Before worrying about whether your Windows Live Mail may be corrupted,=20
install that mail account on your Vista computer first. My hunch is that =
your mail=20
provider is having a problem. If that is the case, Windows Mail on your =
Vista
computer won't receive any mail either. Be sure to configure Windows =
Mail
to leave a copy on the server: Tools, Accounts, select that account, =
Properties,
Advanced, check the box for "Leave a copy of messages on server".

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:BB88BDA7-03D9-4874-9EE6-4FDF9EE119F4@microsoft.com...
>I bought and installed a clean full copy of Windows 7 Home Premium =
64-bit=20
> myself.  I have Vista Ultimate on my other machine.  Just had a =
thought. =20
> Maybe I should install the email account I use on that machine, leave =
Windows=20
> Mail on all night, and see what happens?
>=20
> I have seen a few comments about Windows Live Mail being corrupted, =
too. =20
> How can I uninstall and re-install it?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
0
Gary
3/31/2010 5:47:36 AM
I installed my mail account on my Vista computer last night, but only changed 
"Properties/Advanced" to "Leave a copy of messages on server" this afternoon. 
 I've got some email that I wasn't getting before.  Do I need to check 
Charter WebMail to see if messages I've received are still on the server?

Thanks!

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Before worrying about whether your Windows Live Mail may be corrupted, 
> install that mail account on your Vista computer first. My hunch is that your mail 
> provider is having a problem. If that is the case, Windows Mail on your Vista
> computer won't receive any mail either. Be sure to configure Windows Mail
> to leave a copy on the server: Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
> Advanced, check the box for "Leave a copy of messages on server".
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
Utf
3/31/2010 7:41:01 PM
Any messages you downloaded with Windows Mail before changing that =
setting
will no longer be on Charter webmail.
In order for two computers checking the same mail account to get all =
messages,
both computers must use the "Leave a copy..." setting. That is the =
default for
Windows Live Mail but not for Windows Mail.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:D49A5D1F-9FC8-4089-A3AC-7155E842FCC7@microsoft.com...
>I installed my mail account on my Vista computer last night, but only =
changed=20
> "Properties/Advanced" to "Leave a copy of messages on server" this =
afternoon.=20
> I've got some email that I wasn't getting before.  Do I need to check=20
> Charter WebMail to see if messages I've received are still on the =
server?
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Before worrying about whether your Windows Live Mail may be =
corrupted,=20
>> install that mail account on your Vista computer first. My hunch is =
that your mail=20
>> provider is having a problem. If that is the case, Windows Mail on =
your Vista
>> computer won't receive any mail either. Be sure to configure Windows =
Mail
>> to leave a copy on the server: Tools, Accounts, select that account, =
Properties,
>> Advanced, check the box for "Leave a copy of messages on server".
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
0
Gary
3/31/2010 8:46:32 PM
Both computers have the same "Leave a copy..." setting.  What do I do now?

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> Any messages you downloaded with Windows Mail before changing that setting
> will no longer be on Charter webmail.
> In order for two computers checking the same mail account to get all messages,
> both computers must use the "Leave a copy..." setting. That is the default for
> Windows Live Mail but not for Windows Mail.
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
Utf
4/1/2010 2:22:01 AM
In your previous post you said:
 "I've got some email that I wasn't getting before."
Does that mean, it is fixed, or partly fixed? Please explain the =
remaining
problem more fully.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:7AC9C071-FB54-42E9-B6ED-58CA8EF8EE84@microsoft.com...
> Both computers have the same "Leave a copy..." setting.  What do I do =
now?
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> Any messages you downloaded with Windows Mail before changing that =
setting
>> will no longer be on Charter webmail.
>> In order for two computers checking the same mail account to get all =
messages,
>> both computers must use the "Leave a copy..." setting. That is the =
default for
>> Windows Live Mail but not for Windows Mail.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
0
Gary
4/1/2010 3:15:46 AM
As of 3:00 this afternoon, my Vista computer (Windows Mail) had been on for 
36 hours straight and I received a total of 68 messages.  Appears to be 
receiving messages normally.  I then turned off the Vista computer and opened 
up Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 computer.  I'll leave it on for the next 
36 hours and see what happens.  So far, over 7 hours, only 3 messages.  I'll 
check back tomorrow.

BTW, I've answered all of these Discussion Group messages on my Windows 7 
computer and have checked the "Notify me of replies" box every time.  I have 
not received any notifications.

Thanks!

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> In your previous post you said:
>  "I've got some email that I wasn't getting before."
> Does that mean, it is fixed, or partly fixed? Please explain the remaining
> problem more fully.
> 
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

0
Utf
4/2/2010 3:19:01 AM
Don't use the buggy web interface to this newsgroup. Get it directly via
your news reader. Click on this:

 news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:36CFA7CC-9B2D-4075-88FE-6494408FF818@microsoft.com...
> As of 3:00 this afternoon, my Vista computer (Windows Mail) had been =
on for=20
> 36 hours straight and I received a total of 68 messages.  Appears to =
be=20
> receiving messages normally.  I then turned off the Vista computer and =
opened=20
> up Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 computer.  I'll leave it on for =
the next=20
> 36 hours and see what happens.  So far, over 7 hours, only 3 messages. =
 I'll=20
> check back tomorrow.
>=20
> BTW, I've answered all of these Discussion Group messages on my =
Windows 7=20
> computer and have checked the "Notify me of replies" box every time.  =
I have=20
> not received any notifications.
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> In your previous post you said:
>>  "I've got some email that I wasn't getting before."
>> Does that mean, it is fixed, or partly fixed? Please explain the =
remaining
>> problem more fully.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
0
Gary
4/2/2010 4:00:02 AM
Thanks!  So far (23 hours), only 19 messages.  I did get an email forwarded 
from eBay, which hasn't happened since I changed to Windows 7.

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL


"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
news:#ydQ3jh0KHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Don't use the buggy web interface to this newsgroup. Get it directly via
> your news reader. Click on this:
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
 

0
Bob
4/2/2010 7:43:04 PM
This is the first Newsgroup I've ever joined.  So far (23 hours), only 19 
messages on the Windows 7 computer.  I did receive a forwarded eBay message, 
which hasn't happened since I changed to Windows 7.

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL


"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
news:#ydQ3jh0KHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Don't use the buggy web interface to this newsgroup. Get it directly via
> your news reader. Click on this:
>
> news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
>
> "Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:36CFA7CC-9B2D-4075-88FE-6494408FF818@microsoft.com...
>> As of 3:00 this afternoon, my Vista computer (Windows Mail) had been on 
>> for
>> 36 hours straight and I received a total of 68 messages.  Appears to be
>> receiving messages normally.  I then turned off the Vista computer and 
>> opened
>> up Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 computer.  I'll leave it on for the 
>> next
>> 36 hours and see what happens.  So far, over 7 hours, only 3 messages. 
>> I'll
>> check back tomorrow.
>>
>> BTW, I've answered all of these Discussion Group messages on my Windows 7
>> computer and have checked the "Notify me of replies" box every time.  I 
>> have
>> not received any notifications.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Bob Lane
>> Pinson, AL
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> In your previous post you said:
>>>  "I've got some email that I wasn't getting before."
>>> Does that mean, it is fixed, or partly fixed? Please explain the 
>>> remaining
>>> problem more fully.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>> 
0
Bob
4/2/2010 7:58:10 PM
Good to see you are posting to the newsgroup from your WLM rather
than the web interface.

I take it you are still concerned that you are not receiving all your =
email
messages in Windows 7 computer. I really don't know why some of
your incoming mail is not arriving. Usually email is an all or nothing =
deal.
Make sure your Vista computer is not configured to delete messages
from the server after downloading them. The only other variable is
whether your mail provider is using spam filtering on the server.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <rslane@charter.net> wrote in message =
news:%23SeIU7p0KHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> This is the first Newsgroup I've ever joined.  So far (23 hours), only =
19=20
> messages on the Windows 7 computer.  I did receive a forwarded eBay =
message,=20
> which hasn't happened since I changed to Windows 7.
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
> news:#ydQ3jh0KHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Don't use the buggy web interface to this newsgroup. Get it directly =
via
>> your news reader. Click on this:
>>
>> =
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>>
>> "Bob Lane" <BobLane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> news:36CFA7CC-9B2D-4075-88FE-6494408FF818@microsoft.com...
>>> As of 3:00 this afternoon, my Vista computer (Windows Mail) had been =
on=20
>>> for
>>> 36 hours straight and I received a total of 68 messages.  Appears to =
be
>>> receiving messages normally.  I then turned off the Vista computer =
and=20
>>> opened
>>> up Windows Live Mail on my Windows 7 computer.  I'll leave it on for =
the=20
>>> next
>>> 36 hours and see what happens.  So far, over 7 hours, only 3 =
messages.=20
>>> I'll
>>> check back tomorrow.
>>>
>>> BTW, I've answered all of these Discussion Group messages on my =
Windows 7
>>> computer and have checked the "Notify me of replies" box every time. =
 I=20
>>> have
>>> not received any notifications.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Bob Lane
>>> Pinson, AL
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> In your previous post you said:
>>>>  "I've got some email that I wasn't getting before."
>>>> Does that mean, it is fixed, or partly fixed? Please explain the=20
>>>> remaining
>>>> problem more fully.
>>>>
>>>> --=20
>>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>
0
Gary
4/4/2010 5:26:44 PM
I just figured out how to sync up this Newsgroup.  My computer has been 
completely off since very early AM Sunday.  When I turned it on and booted 
up Windows Live Mail it said no new messages.  I went away and when I 
returned 15 minutes later, there were 12 messages waiting for me.  It always 
does this.  With Windows Mail, when I booted up the program, it instantly 
downloads my waiting mail.

I haven't turned on my Vista computer since late Friday night, so I don't 
know what's happening with that.  In Live Mail, if I open up 
"Tools/Accounts/Charter/ Advanced/Delivery", The box for "leaving messages 
on server" is checked, but NOT the two boxes below it.  Is this correct? 
BTW, should I be able to see these messages at Charter Webmail?

I'll keep an eye on things and report back.

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL


"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
news:uXogAwB1KHA.5996@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> Good to see you are posting to the newsgroup from your WLM rather
> than the web interface.
>
> I take it you are still concerned that you are not receiving all your 
> email
> messages in Windows 7 computer. I really don't know why some of
> your incoming mail is not arriving. Usually email is an all or nothing 
> deal.
> Make sure your Vista computer is not configured to delete messages
> from the server after downloading them. The only other variable is
> whether your mail provider is using spam filtering on the server.
>
> -- 
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
 

0
Bob
4/5/2010 7:19:38 PM
Sounds like at Tools, Options, General you've set WLM to check for new 
messages every xx minutes but Not to do so at start up.

As for your Leave a copy on the server settings, that depends on what 
you want to do.

With your current settings, the message should stay on the server 
forever and be available in webmail.  If they aren't, then either some 
other program/device (perhaps Windows Mail) is accessing the same 
account and not leaving a copy there OR the mail server has some policy 
of deleting messages after download or a certain time interval.

-- 

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us



"Bob Lane" <rslane@charter.net> wrote in message 
news:#YSDyTP1KHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I just figured out how to sync up this Newsgroup.  My computer has 
> been completely off since very early AM Sunday.  When I turned it on 
> and booted up Windows Live Mail it said no new messages.  I went away 
> and when I returned 15 minutes later, there were 12 messages waiting 
> for me.  It always does this.  With Windows Mail, when I booted up the 
> program, it instantly downloads my waiting mail.
>
> I haven't turned on my Vista computer since late Friday night, so I 
> don't know what's happening with that.  In Live Mail, if I open up 
> "Tools/Accounts/Charter/ Advanced/Delivery", The box for "leaving 
> messages on server" is checked, but NOT the two boxes below it.  Is 
> this correct? BTW, should I be able to see these messages at Charter 
> Webmail?
>
> I'll keep an eye on things and report back.
>
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
>
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
> news:uXogAwB1KHA.5996@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
>> Good to see you are posting to the newsgroup from your WLM rather
>> than the web interface.
>>
>> I take it you are still concerned that you are not receiving all your 
>> email
>> messages in Windows 7 computer. I really don't know why some of
>> your incoming mail is not arriving. Usually email is an all or 
>> nothing deal.
>> Make sure your Vista computer is not configured to delete messages
>> from the server after downloading them. The only other variable is
>> whether your mail provider is using spam filtering on the server.
>>
>> -- 
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> 

0
Michael
4/5/2010 8:40:47 PM
Mike,

If I leave my Vista computer on for 3-4 days, the mail I receive seems to be 
coming from the normal sources.  If I leave the Windows 7 computer on for 
3-4 days, I'm definitely restricted from receiving mail from normal sources.

Both computers are set exactly the same way to retain messages on the 
server, but I never see them there.  In Charter Webmail I see no controls 
for spam filtering, although the Charter Security Suite does that and also 
filters email messages.

What do I do here.  This is getting to be a pain in the butt!

Thanks!

Bob Lane
Pinson, AL


"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message 
news:ucubHBQ1KHA.5004@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Sounds like at Tools, Options, General you've set WLM to check for new 
> messages every xx minutes but Not to do so at start up.
>
> As for your Leave a copy on the server settings, that depends on what you 
> want to do.
>
> With your current settings, the message should stay on the server forever 
> and be available in webmail.  If they aren't, then either some other 
> program/device (perhaps Windows Mail) is accessing the same account and 
> not leaving a copy there OR the mail server has some policy of deleting 
> messages after download or a certain time interval.
>
> -- 
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>
>
>
> "Bob Lane" <rslane@charter.net> wrote in message 
> news:#YSDyTP1KHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I just figured out how to sync up this Newsgroup.  My computer has been 
>> completely off since very early AM Sunday.  When I turned it on and 
>> booted up Windows Live Mail it said no new messages.  I went away and 
>> when I returned 15 minutes later, there were 12 messages waiting for me. 
>> It always does this.  With Windows Mail, when I booted up the program, it 
>> instantly downloads my waiting mail.
>>
>> I haven't turned on my Vista computer since late Friday night, so I don't 
>> know what's happening with that.  In Live Mail, if I open up 
>> "Tools/Accounts/Charter/ Advanced/Delivery", The box for "leaving 
>> messages on server" is checked, but NOT the two boxes below it.  Is this 
>> correct? BTW, should I be able to see these messages at Charter Webmail?
>>
>> I'll keep an eye on things and report back.
>>
>> Bob Lane
>> Pinson, AL
>>
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:uXogAwB1KHA.5996@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>
>>> Good to see you are posting to the newsgroup from your WLM rather
>>> than the web interface.
>>>
>>> I take it you are still concerned that you are not receiving all your 
>>> email
>>> messages in Windows 7 computer. I really don't know why some of
>>> your incoming mail is not arriving. Usually email is an all or nothing 
>>> deal.
>>> Make sure your Vista computer is not configured to delete messages
>>> from the server after downloading them. The only other variable is
>>> whether your mail provider is using spam filtering on the server.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>
>>
> 
0
Bob
4/12/2010 10:01:25 PM
I suggest you uninstall the Charter Security Suite, reboot, than install
Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
Unlike the Charter crapware, MSE is 100% compatible with Microsoft's
email programs.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"Bob Lane" <rslane@charter.net> wrote in message =
news:%23d75zuo2KHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Mike,
>=20
> If I leave my Vista computer on for 3-4 days, the mail I receive seems =
to be=20
> coming from the normal sources.  If I leave the Windows 7 computer on =
for=20
> 3-4 days, I'm definitely restricted from receiving mail from normal =
sources.
>=20
> Both computers are set exactly the same way to retain messages on the=20
> server, but I never see them there.  In Charter Webmail I see no =
controls=20
> for spam filtering, although the Charter Security Suite does that and =
also=20
> filters email messages.
>=20
> What do I do here.  This is getting to be a pain in the butt!
>=20
> Thanks!
>=20
> Bob Lane
> Pinson, AL
>=20
>=20
> "Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message=20
> news:ucubHBQ1KHA.5004@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Sounds like at Tools, Options, General you've set WLM to check for =
new=20
>> messages every xx minutes but Not to do so at start up.
>>
>> As for your Leave a copy on the server settings, that depends on what =
you=20
>> want to do.
>>
>> With your current settings, the message should stay on the server =
forever=20
>> and be available in webmail.  If they aren't, then either some other=20
>> program/device (perhaps Windows Mail) is accessing the same account =
and=20
>> not leaving a copy there OR the mail server has some policy of =
deleting=20
>> messages after download or a certain time interval.
>>
>> --=20
>>
>> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>>
>>
>>
>> "Bob Lane" <rslane@charter.net> wrote in message=20
>> news:#YSDyTP1KHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> I just figured out how to sync up this Newsgroup.  My computer has =
been=20
>>> completely off since very early AM Sunday.  When I turned it on and=20
>>> booted up Windows Live Mail it said no new messages.  I went away =
and=20
>>> when I returned 15 minutes later, there were 12 messages waiting for =
me.=20
>>> It always does this.  With Windows Mail, when I booted up the =
program, it=20
>>> instantly downloads my waiting mail.
>>>
>>> I haven't turned on my Vista computer since late Friday night, so I =
don't=20
>>> know what's happening with that.  In Live Mail, if I open up=20
>>> "Tools/Accounts/Charter/ Advanced/Delivery", The box for "leaving=20
>>> messages on server" is checked, but NOT the two boxes below it.  Is =
this=20
>>> correct? BTW, should I be able to see these messages at Charter =
Webmail?
>>>
>>> I'll keep an eye on things and report back.
>>>
>>> Bob Lane
>>> Pinson, AL
>>>
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>>> news:uXogAwB1KHA.5996@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>> Good to see you are posting to the newsgroup from your WLM rather
>>>> than the web interface.
>>>>
>>>> I take it you are still concerned that you are not receiving all =
your=20
>>>> email
>>>> messages in Windows 7 computer. I really don't know why some of
>>>> your incoming mail is not arriving. Usually email is an all or =
nothing=20
>>>> deal.
>>>> Make sure your Vista computer is not configured to delete messages
>>>> from the server after downloading them. The only other variable is
>>>> whether your mail provider is using spam filtering on the server.
>>>>
>>>> --=20
>>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>
>>>
>>
0
Gary
4/13/2010 12:34:40 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Blank body on E-mails received with signature and attachment
When I get an e-mail that has an attachment and a signature, either the message body will be blank or the body will have text but the signature will not appear in the body. There will be a .txt file along with the attachment which is probably the signature but when I click on it I get "access is denied". Are there settings that will allow the signature to be displayed in the body of the text? The sender is using Eudora 7. Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you&#...

error messages 03-03-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the screen. I had to close the program and then turn off my Macbook Pro, then turn it on. I cannot use Entourage without this happening...opened it and one popped right up. On 2010-03-02 22:09:33 -0500, padreruf@officeformac.com said: > Was syncing entourage with mailme when i got an error message. I > clicked it off and they kept coming...at one time I had 20 on the &...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Outlook Reminders #10
Hi Everyone, Hope this question has not been answered before. I have transfered all my business data from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003. I created all the user accounts from scratch on the new server using the same usernames as the old server. I then restored all their email to Exchange 2003 using Veritas Backup Exec 10.1 Ever since then no reminders have came up in Outlook on any PC when the user logs in and runs Outlook. We run various version of Outlook (2000 / 2002 / 2003) all with the same problem. When I log in via Outlook web access the reminders appear so I suspect it is a Outlook t...

Windows Mail recovering messages
I need to reinstall Vista so what is the best way to save/recover existing mail messages/settings? See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx You need to backup the message store and the relevant registry keys. Then, once reinstalled, just replace the location of the message store and merge the registry keys. Then before starting Winmail make sure the "Store Root" value in the registry correctly lists the location of the message store and if so then start Winmail and it should work fine, except you will have to put in your passwords again. steve "Therealdaddydo" ...

Crystal Report error: information is needed 02-03-04
After reinstalling CRM I get this error when I try to get a report. I know there is information since I'm just asking for the user list. ---------------------------------------- CrystalReportViewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. Information is needed before this report can be processed. ---------------------------------------- Any Ideas? Thanks Also recieved this error, and have logged an issue with MS, no resolution yet. One tip they did provide, remove any underscores ("_") from the server name. This has resolved the issue for a lot ...

Merging mass e-mails between word and Outlook (XP)
When sending a mass e-mail from Word to Outlook, a message appears stating that 'another program is trying to automatically send e-mails' You choose 'Allow access for 10 minutes' and click OK Then, a similiar message appears for each of the e-mails being sent. You need to click Yes for each of the e- mails. I have tried adjusting security levels with no luck. Any ideas?? ...

Error During Send/Receive in Outlook 2003
Hi all, When i try and send/receive in outlook 2003 it sends out my mail fine however when it gets to receiving or updating the inbox i come up with the following error: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.' I do not have any windows open. Below are the few things that i have tried already. -restart Outlook -make sure no windows are open -finaly restarted the computer and still no luck. Well Hope to get a solution. Best Regards What are you system specs ? CPU...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

external mail
We have one exchange organization with two exchange servers. The e2k is the master and the 1st exchange in the organization and we installed the e2k3 as a member of this exchange organization. Both exchange server has a public IP with an A Record and a MX Record with the e2k having the lower MX. In the Routing Group, there is a connector that route out-going email with the e2k being the bridge head server for the entire organization. The configuration of the connector has the e2k with the address space of * and a cost of 1. As I understand it, the E2K3 should be able to handle mail...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

running 9 and 10 on same mahine
We are currently running version 9 using SQL 2005 and Windows server 2003. It is possible to install and run version 10 on the same machine? If so, do I need a separate instance of SQL 2005? Both versions are being used in a teaching environment so the normal caveats about mission critical systems does not apply. Thanks. Dr. Jerry Flatto University of Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN, USA 2007 Excellence in Education Pinnacle winner On Jul 31, 12:48 pm, Jerry Flatto <JerryFla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are currently running version 9 using SQL 2005 and Windows ser...

default mail format based on domain
Greetings - After 20_ years of Eudora and Thunderbird (in that order), I'm looking at Outlook for the first time (we're moving to an Exchange backend, so...worth a look, for obvious reasons). In Thunderbird, if I want to set a default HTML format for emails sent to a certain domain, I can specify that. For any other domain(s), plain text. Is there an easy way to do that in Outlook (I'm using 2007)? Basically, I want emails sent to my enterprise domain (i.e., my place of employment) to be in HTML or perhaps RTF, but mail sent to other domains to be plain text only. Again, I want ...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

Test #10
This is a test ...

Back End on NAS Device 02-26-10
Repost - I originally posted via Outlook Express newsreader, but my post apparently did not show up here and did not get a response from a Microsoft Engineer as promised by my MSDN supscription. Access 2007 split FE/BE, each user has their own FE. Combination of TS and local LAN users. System worked fine when the BE was on the server. A few hours after client moved it to a NAS device, the BE corrupted. In searching, I can find very little relating to Access back end and NAS. Does anyone know of any issues with locating an Access BE on a NAS device? -- AG Email: npATadhdat...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Using tild-n in e-mail
Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference? Thank you, -Monica da-moe <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote: > Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone > know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an > email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although > some prefer plain text. Would that mak...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

Drop down list 03-27-10
Hello, Im trying to create a linked multiple drop down list in excel and im not sure if it can be done, such as in the first list of pipe diameter, second list wall thickness, pipe outer diameter, third list circumference and so on. when the an item from the first list is selected, the following lists are to show the specific value based upon the first selection. help would very much appreciated, thank you I think that www.contextures.com has some assistance to offer. Look at this first: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html and if that's not exactly what you need...