not receiving alias mail

I recently converted to WLM with new computer.  Main account working fine.
Not receiving any alias mail.  Still receiving alias mail on old computer.
Any help appreciated.

If you are using POP3 with the account, then in the mail program on the
old PC you need to set it to leave a copy of messages on the server.

Depending on the mail program used there, the way to do that May be
Right click the mail account's name in the folder pane, then select
Properties, Advanced and adjust the Leave a copy of messages on the
server settings.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"guvner" <guvner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently converted to WLM with new computer.  Main account working
> fine.
> Not receiving any alias mail.  Still receiving alias mail on old
> computer.
> Any help appreciated.

0
Michael

OL2003 & Inbox w/ MSN Mail
Currently my OL2003 Inbox doesn't retrieve any email at all. When I attempted to associate an email service with the Inbox (my MSN mail), it created an entirely new set of personal folders (this group was called MSN), with a separate MSN Inbox, which DOES collect email. The problem is that several pieces of software, including ActiveSync, look ONLY to the original Inbox under Personal Folders. How can I get the "original" Inbox to collect mail again? Thanks, Brian ...

Freeware mail server needed
Hello, Can anybody recommend a free/open source or low cost SMTP server that will work for internal or intranet email using MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express ? I would like one that will run on Windows 98 and is easy to configure. Our other clients on the network are WinXP or XP Pro. I am trying one called free SMTP server. However it asks for a DNS Server. I do not know what to put in for this. It is autodecting our DSL router's internal/LAN IP address. Is this normal? Mike Not an Outlook issue - suggest you use your favorite search engine to = locate free SMTP servers and start your...

folder access by mail-enabled user
We have a mail-enabled user, one with a credential but an off-site mailbox at their home site. How can this user gain access to the Exchange mailbox Inbox folder of a local user? They can be given permissions, but OWA (2007) does not allow drill down to the user... HankC The user will have to log into that mailbox separately. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "HankC" <clarkc@missouri.edu> wrote in message news:d739ad46-fa2e-43dc-a4b1-04006badddd9@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >...

Problem with mail flow
Hi, I am running 4 exchange 2003 mail servers, one of them being a front end and the other 3 back-ends. Recently i had a problem with one of the back end servers, where no mail was moveing out of anyones outbox into the queue for delievery so i did a /disasterrecovery on it. After i did this it worked fine for abt 2 days, now i have a huge mail delievery problem. I have no mail flow out of that server but i have mail flow into that server. All the mail going out just sits in the queue between the front end and itself. Even mail for local delievery is not being delivered. Please can...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

dropped recipients in e.mails
Hi, Exch 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a Recently, e.mails that are sent to multiple recipients will not reach 2 or more of the internal users on the distribution list for e.mails from external parties. Per someone's suggestion, message tracking was enabled. Before the logs are posted here in an ugly haphazard fashion, here's some background. The "cn=johnyoo1124" is there because it's a custom recipient created for a one-time mass e.mail sent to clients. That cn= is the user who sent the e.mail. I forgot to delete the custom recipients after the mass e.mail was sent on Monday...

The body of my e-mails disappears
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 pro. Fairly often after I compose e-mails and send them I find from the receipients that the body of the e-mail was blank. When I try the online update features it tries to have me download a service pack for Office 2000. Help Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Steve Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3d63c$91429eb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Get rid of mail from bogus users on 2003
How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad Mail" folder on 2003. I just want it deleted when their is no user account. Pre SP1 I think you have to make a registry change, check out http://support.microsoft.com for that, or just install Service Pack 1 for Exchange 03' be default badmail is deleted once sp1 is on. "Jordan" <nojunk_allowed@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23SDPfM%234EHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you prevent mail for bogus addresses from being saved to the "Bad > Mail" folder on 2...

Removing mail recived confirmation message
how to remove a recived mail confirmation message to outside incoming e-mail ...

quoting selected text in e-mail reply
I have Outlook for Office XP, and I would like to be able to reply to e-mails by quoting selected areas of text from the original message. I can "quote" the entire message and delete certain parts, but I have not been able to select a certain part of the text and reply with just that part quoted. Thanks ...

Exchange Server 2000 forward mail to POP3.
Yes, this old chestnut. I've been reading the suggested solutions on the various newsgroups, but I can't get this to work. Under AD Users / Properties / Exchange General / Delivery Options / Forwarding Address you can't add 'fred@msn.com' because it will try to validate that address and fail. If I create a custom contact recipient or distribution group, I see no 'internet email' option to add 'fred@msn.com', only SMTP and so on. It's not an SMTP server. So can this be done? TIA. On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:10:59 -0800, "Alan B" <fantantiddl...

Unable to receive email
I get this message when trying to access mail: Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 "SamG" <SamG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074163D2-0452-4B03-BDFC-4B9EDD7D4F83@microsoft.com... >I get this message when trying to access mail: > > Account: 'Dorothy Groce', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, > Server Response: '-ERR in...

Error sending messages on Windows Mail
Have NOT been able to send emails from my Windows Mail account. Error message is as follows -- Unknown error has occurred - Server: smtpauth.earthlink.net Protocol: SMTP" Server response - '503STARTTLS command used when not advertised Port: 587 Secure (SSL): Yes Server Error #0x800CCC65 (this was for an outgoing message directed to a third party) I tried to send a message to my own email account and the Error Message was exactly the same, EXCEPT that the final line of the Error Message said - Server Error #0x800CCC90 I get error message numberox800ccc19 I wond...

user unable to deliver mail to us....
I was recently notified that one of our customers has been trying for the last two days to get an email to us (someone@truenorthloghomes.com) and they keep receiving an NDR. Why might an external user (domain is symaptico.ca) be unable to get mail to us? Could this be a potential problem with our Exchange server - or more likley a problem with our DNS provider or his provider? We have been receiving tons of external mail so I know that is working. What causes some email to bouce and other mail to be ok? Thanks, Brad Brad Pears wrote: > I was recently notified that one of our custome...

The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that .
The host 'mail.cifode.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.cifode.ca', Server: 'mail.cifode.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, fifi asked: | The host 'mail.ci...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Multiple E-mail Address for 1 User with Forwarding
Is it possible to create 2 E-mail addresses for one user and have the 2nd forward to the first? TIA. -- Regards, Allan C They are currently running Exchange Server 5.5 sp4. The scenario is that one user is receiving a lot of Spam. He would like to change his E-mail address * now * before he can contact everyone. Even if he did, some people will send to his old address by mistake. So, we would like to have 2 addresses running concurrently so nothing drops in the bit bucket. We would like to have the first address (with the Spam) forward to the 2nd so that he doesn't have to login ...

Outlook program closed but still receives emails
I have Outlook 2k and when I shut the program down it will keep receiving emails. To get this to stop I have to reboot the computer. This has happened ever since I reformatted the HDD and reloaded the OS and Office. I have scanned the system many times with McAfee and the newest DAT files but have found no viri, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling office. What is the problem and solution? when you close outlook, is it def. closed ? is it still running as a task in the background ? N "CM" <viperden@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:01ad01c3ce3b$88b08d10$a301280a...

Imported Emails Show Wrong Received Date
I just installed Outlook 2003. After importing my emails from OE, I noticed that about half the emails now show the date of import as the date they were received. Any idea how to fix this or avoid it? It's strange that it only affected some of the emails. Don't import from Outlook, export from Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Mitch asked: | I just...

E-mail location 08-06-03
Can someone tell me where e-mails are stored in the CRM database? I'm specifically referring to e-mails stored in the "Personal Work" section of your "WorkPlace". It seems like these would be in the ActivityBase table, but I am not having luck finding them there. Thanks for any help. ...

Scripting Error When Printing E-mails
Does anyone have a solution to the scripting error message that is recieved when trying to print e-mails from Outlook. Outlook generates a line 1343 error message. Any assistance would be great. Thanks & Regards, Jay ...

How do I create a bulk mailing text box in Publisher?
-- Thomas -- Mike Thomas wrote: ...

Lost archived mail, how do I retrieve it from backup.pst ???
I am denied access to my archived sent as well as received mail. The archive.pst is empty. I might have erased by mistake. I see backup.pst has 141 MB so I think there are back ups there. How can I retrieve that mail. If I try to open with WORD all I see is gibberish. Thank for your help. Um. why are you trying to open an Outlook file with Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.group...

having problems sending mail from server to aol
how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to check AOL please help James wrote: > how do i find out if im on the AOL black list. ive search all the open > relay and black list site and im not on them. but can not find out how to > check AOL please help > > You can telnet to port 25, on one of the following servers: mailin-02.mx.aol.com mailin-03.mx.aol.com mailin-04.mx.aol.com mailin-01.mx.aol.com If you can connect, try and manually submit an SMTP Message. If a...

How to deal with junk mail
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3F24D.053A0D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi everybody, My company are getting many junk emails each day. Could anybody tell me = how can I stop the junk emails from the server side? My company is using MS Exchange 5.5, somebody tell me that there is a = feature to block IP addresses, domain names or email addresses, right? = Are there any other ways to block the junk emails beside blocking IP, = domain name or email addresses? If those are the only ...