Not rcving e mails on WLM but getting them on "old" computer?

I've updated my computer also XP to Win7. E mail also. I setup my same e mail
address on WLM. I'm still connected and using the OE on my XP system.

Problem is: I'm not getting all the messages on my new computer with WLM?
I've read and follwed al setting on my WLM. I can send e mails no problem. I
sent test emails to contacts and they have shown up on my XP system but not
Win7.  Do I need to delete the XP system for the 7 system to work correctly
or what?  Thanks in advance!

Assuming this is a POP3 account:

If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
messages on the server.

On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your
allotted space you get from your server.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"milkman" <milkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've updated my computer also XP to Win7. E mail also. I setup my same e
> mail
> address on WLM. I'm still connected and using the OE on my XP system.
>
> Problem is: I'm not getting all the messages on my new computer with
> WLM?
> I've read and follwed al setting on my WLM. I can send e mails no
> problem. I
> sent test emails to contacts and they have shown up on my XP system but
> not
> Win7.  Do I need to delete the XP system for the 7 system to work
> correctly
> or what?  Thanks in advance!

0
Bruce
3/16/2010 3:17:38 AM
Thanks for the prompt response. POP3 yes. I changed settings on old system.
Delete after one day. Also delete from server when deleted frome "deleted
files".
 When I remove the old e mail account the problem should correct itsself? I
should rcv all emails on WLM?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Assuming this is a POP3 account:
>
> If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:
>
> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
> messages on the server.
>
> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your
> allotted space you get from your server.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "milkman" <milkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've updated my computer also XP to Win7. E mail also. I setup my same e
> > mail
> > address on WLM. I'm still connected and using the OE on my XP system.
> >
> > Problem is: I'm not getting all the messages on my new computer with
> > WLM?
> > I've read and follwed al setting on my WLM. I can send e mails no
> > problem. I
> > sent test emails to contacts and they have shown up on my XP system but
> > not
> > Win7.  Do I need to delete the XP system for the 7 system to work
> > correctly
> > or what?  Thanks in advance!
>
> .

If you remove the old account: Yes.

If you follow what I posted, you should get the messages on both machines
without removing the old account.
--

> Thanks for the prompt response. POP3 yes. I changed settings on old
> system.
> Delete after one day. Also delete from server when deleted frome
> "deleted
> files".
> When I remove the old e mail account the problem should correct itsself?
> should rcv all emails on WLM?
>
> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Assuming this is a POP3 account:
>>
>> If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:
>>
>> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy
>> of
>> messages on the server.
>>
>> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy
>> your
>> allotted space you get from your server.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "milkman" <milkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've updated my computer also XP to Win7. E mail also. I setup my
>> > same e
>> > mail
>> > address on WLM. I'm still connected and using the OE on my XP system.
>> >
>> > Problem is: I'm not getting all the messages on my new computer with
>> > WLM?
>> > I've read and follwed al setting on my WLM. I can send e mails no
>> > problem. I
>> > sent test emails to contacts and they have shown up on my XP system
>> > but
>> > not
>> > Win7.  Do I need to delete the XP system for the 7 system to work
>> > correctly
>> > or what?  Thanks in advance!
>>
>> .

0
Bruce
3/16/2010 4:40:44 AM
Bruce: It works! Your instructions were great.  I find community chat groups
the best source of problem specific solutuions. Kudos to you and others who
respond to those of us in need!

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> If you remove the old account: Yes.
>
> If you follow what I posted, you should get the messages on both machines
> without removing the old account.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "milkman" <milkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the prompt response. POP3 yes. I changed settings on old
> > system.
> > Delete after one day. Also delete from server when deleted frome
> > "deleted
> > files".
> > When I remove the old e mail account the problem should correct itsself?
> > should rcv all emails on WLM?
> >
> > "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
> >
> >> Assuming this is a POP3 account:
> >>
> >> If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:
> >>
> >> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy
> >> of
> >> messages on the server.
> >>
> >> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy
> >> your
> >> allotted space you get from your server.
> >> --
> >>            Bruce Hagen
> >>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
> >>       Imperial Beach, CA
> >>

> >> "milkman" <milkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Write a tool to generate a PST file with the same structure as old
I will migrate 1000+ users to Exchange 2010 and those users are using OL 2003 and OL2007. To help them migrate more smoothly, I will provide a tool for them to generate PST file with the same structure as an old PST file. Is it possible? How to begin this idea? Thanks, Sam Have you looked at ExMerge? If you are copying a PST file, why do you need to create a copy instead of just using the original PST file? -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool - "PST TOOL" <PST TOOL@discussions.microsoft....

How to retrieve old occurrences in MS 2007 Outlook
I logged migrain info and am going to my 6 month check up tomorrow. I just went to get my old migraine journals that I had put into Outlook and noticed that all my headache journals that are from before November are GONE! In fact, almost all occurrences are gone (it seems "all day" occurrences or "recurring" occurrences are intact). How can I retrieve these old recurrences? Thanks. Are you syncing with a blackberry or other smartphone? Do you have a backup of your pst? If the items are not in your deleted items folder, you'll need a backup to get them ba...

Posting to a Historical Year 2 years old
My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already closed. I told him you can only post to the most recently closed year. Any suggestions? There is a setting in GL Setup to allow historical posting plus may have to go to Fiscal Period setup and open the year. While in GL setup make sure the Retained Earnings account is correct b/c GP will create "roll forward" entries for subsequent years and these entries may effect retained earnings. >-----Original Message----- >My client wants to post to the historical year 2003, however 2004 is already ...

Converting old Database to 2007 database
When i try to open my database from my old money it starts to convert but then comes with the message. Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money. Does this mean that i just have to start all over again with a new database or is there a workaround ? In microsoft.public.money, mafo wrote: >When i try to open my database from my old money it starts to convert but >then comes with the message. Money can't open this file because it was >created using a different version of Money. Does this mean that i just have >to start all ove...

Sent Mail does not store in Sent Items folder?
Outlook 2003 Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder. Any help appreciated. Thanks. -Mike Mike Olin <Molin@AmericanProfile.com> wrote: > Sent emails are not being stored in the Sent Items folder? > > It is checked under email options-> Save copies of messages in Sent > Items folder. Are any items in that folder right now? If so, how many? -- Brian Tillman Yes. There are items from 5/17 back, but not forward, approximately 340 emails? I tried recreating the loc...

Exporting from old drive to replacement drive
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have installed a replacement main drive and now need to transfer all data from Entourage 2004 (old drive) to Entourage 2004 my new drive. Please help. Have tried many options and nothing seems to work to give me old mail, signatures, etc. Old drive is still in system. On 2010-05-20 14:23:36 -0400, Stan_Lindsey@officeformac.com said: > I have installed a replacement main drive and now need to transfer all > data from Entourage 2004 (old drive) to Entourage 2004 my new drive. ...

Can't Get Public Folders Working
Hi I'm running Exchange Enterprise 2003 on a Win2k03 server, but despite repeated tries, I can't get public folders to work. In Exchange System Manager, I can create a new folder just fine, but shortly thereafter as I check the various properties tabs, I get an "Unexpected Error" message. Upon closing and reopening System Manager, the new public folder is no longer present. I'm wondering if the fact that we're not using the default web site/settings in IIS has something to do with it. But all other aspects of Exchange work well. Could it be permissions? I'm in as...

help opening old xls file
my computer doesn't have excel - but I want to open an xls file from an old floppy that I created on a different computer (I think it had office 97)- Is there any way I can download something from the net so I can open this one file? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=en Regards, Peo Sjoblom "NOTcomputersavvy" wrote: > my computer doesn't have excel - but I want to open an xls file from an old > floppy that I created on a different computer (I think it had office 97)- Is > there a...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Re: Windows Mail / Gmail Folder synchronisation error
In Gmail, create a label "Google Mail" (no quotes), or rename the existing "Gmail" label (if there is one) to "Google Mail", so that you have two exactly the same corresponding folder names, one in Gmail and the other one in Windows Mail. You might also try to do it the other way round, and rename the relevant folder in Windows Mail so it has the same name as its counterpart in Gmail. -- wojciech05 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wojciech05's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/208892.htm View ...

color code mail folders in outlook
Could anyone know if I can color-code mail folders in outlook since I have created over +100 folders. It is very difficult to read the words of each folder. Is there a better way to organize these folders? Is there any add-on software to Outlook to make things simplier. Thanks very much. No, its not possible at all in older versions of outlook; outlook 2010 supports it programmically. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) | 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com/) 'Outlook Tips by em...

Transferring .pst and .oab files from old to new user profile
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium x64. When I try to log on I get error msg "User Profile service failed logon. User Profile cannot be loaded." In addition, if I try to proceed and asked for a password I am advised that the password failed. I tried a System Restore, but did not correct User Profile. Finally, I used the procedures in the posted in the Vista Forum to create a new User Profile and copy files (music, pictures, favorites, excel & word docs, etc.) to the new User Profile. I successfully used the Outlook Wizard to connect my e-mail address with my inter...

download old software "Publisher 97"
I recently purchased a DELL COMPUTER..LAPTOP. I have two home base businesses. I am a Mortgage Broker and a Consultant. I created a brochure at Xavier University of New Orleans, using Microsoft Publisher 97. It will not open at all on my laptop. I can not seem to find any compatible software to help me. I need to present this material and more to a small group of protential clients, but I do not know how I will now. Reginald T. Rivers wrote: > I recently purchased a DELL COMPUTER..LAPTOP. I have two > home base businesses. I am a Mortgage Broker and a > Consultant. I created a...

Can't move mail from JUNK folder to Inbox with Outlook Web Access
For some reason when we are using the Outlook Web Access we can't move good emails from the junk folder to our Inbox. We use to be able to do this. Any Ideas how to fix this? Thanks PS When we try to move the email from the Junk Folder to the Inbox we get "Access Denied" On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:12:51 -0400, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote: >For some reason when we are using the Outlook Web Access we can't move >good emails from the junk folder to our Inbox. We use to be able to >do this. > >Any Ideas how to fix this? > >Thanks ...

I can't Read Old Posts from Outlook Express
I am trying to get attached file from old post by Jeff, which was posted on 2/28/2006. The post was - Subject: Re: Report for Zero Item Movement - What *hasn't* sold 2/28/2006 11:52 AM PS But my outlook express just shows a little more than 2000 posts that's upto Oct. 2006. Is there any way to read old posts ? -- Many Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01EF_01C85DF9.46B16590 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_01F0_01C85DF9.46B16590" ------=_NextPart_001_01F0_01C85DF9.46B16590 Content-Type: te...

moving old purchase orders to history
I have a multitude of old purchase orders that were either never received or messed up in some form or fashion when we first installed GP. I was told that if I changed the POStatus to 5 in POP10100 and ran the PO utility they would all go away. Unfortunately, just the opposite has happened. Can someone tell the the correct status for the field in POP10100 and POP10110 to update to make them all go away? Basically we want to move all PO with a doc date prior to 1/1/2008 out of the active state. Thanks Jeff, Your issue is not uncommon, but unfortunately the steps you executed were n...

Unread Mail Search Folder continues Disappearing
Hello, I am currently being told by one of my clients that their Unread Mail Search Folder continues to disappear on their favorites folder. When I search in the Search Folders section I do not see the Unread Mail folder. I place rthis folder back and the user continues to use outlookk normally for a couple of days and again they seem to have lost their Unread Mail Search Folder. Can anyone assist me on this issue. ...

archiving old data in Money 2004
I am running Microsoft Money 2004 and everytime I attempt to archive the 2008 data in my A drive on a floppy disk, I get a windo that opens up saying "The disk where A:\2008 Archive.mny' is being stored is full. You need to make room on your disk by removing files you no longer need." The disk is not full, it is a newly formated disk and is empty. I have checked it numeruous times and used several disks. Can't get past that point. Any ideas from anyone? Thank you in advance. ws In microsoft.public.money, wdstephens1@bellsouth.net wrote: >I am running Microsoft Mon...

SBS 2008
Title says it all.. I need to setup some Exchange 2007 Transport Rules to BCc *all* mail to a mail Enabled Public Folder for archiving purposes. I find if I create them in ESM then I cannot target a Public Folder ...only a Mailbox. I need them in a Public Folder and not a Mailbox. I think I'm going to need to do this in the Power Shell but am not that familiar with what syntax to enter. The mail-enabled Public Folder already exists, I just need the syntax for creation of the rules. Are there any good guides or references for this ? Jim wrote: >Titl...

Attachements and Size of Mails in Public Folder
Hello! I want to Import in my Public Folders some Mails (like a Archiv) Now I have some Mails with more than 10 MB. Now Exchange says to me "Maximum Size for Objects in Exchange reached" (A German message). What do I have to do to increase the ammount? I tried to increase the maximum of sendable mails -> no effekt I Tried Q235895 from microsoft - but i found the Administrative Groups not in my Exchange Manager (perhaps the German word known?) Greetings TNT ...

Error 554 keeps repeating on old message
I had an error in my smtp domain name when I initially set up an account -- getting errors on send. I subsequently fixed it -- sending out new mail just fine. But the 3 older messages keep trying to send over and over. How do I stop them from resending? I've brought down Live Mail, rebooted the computer but when I bring Live mail up they start sending again. There are NO MAIL MESSAGES IN MY OUTBOX. You may not see them, but WLM certainly is finding them. After you select the Outbox folder, be sure to select View (ALT+V), Show & Hide, and make sure the Show all mes...

how can i turn off outlook and use my old email service?
if i dont want to use outlook express as my email, how can i return to the old format? bjhomes, you wrote on Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:47:01 -0700: > if i dont want to use outlook express as my email, how can i return to the > old format? Simply use your old e-mail program. To make this e-mail client as your default go to Control Panel | Internetoptions | Programs and do the there the setting. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! and then stop using/opening OL, or at least set it not...

H E L P ! ! ! OWA only folder view (i.e. no proper web layout)
Hi, The following is the web layout I get when I try to access OWA (https://www.mywebsite/exchange). Unfortunately I have changed settings in the default website (do not know exactly which ones), and applied the settings to all the child objects - including the virtual directories. I have checked the settings with an other working site, and even after copying the "right" settings still nothing changed. Can anyone please tell me where to start? Thanx [To Parent Directory] 6/23/2005 7:50 PM <dir> user1 6/23/2005 7:50 PM <dir> user2 6/23/2005 7:50 P...

transfer outlook datas from an old hard disk to a new computer
I changed my computer but From the old one remains only the hard disk . How transfer the datas from outlook (adress book and mails) old hard disk to my new computer ? thanks You can use personal folder. It contains contacts and mails. If you copy that pst file, that means you transferred your datas. ...

can not create an address book, can not transfer old addresses
It is so conforting to know that the hours I have waisted cannot be from a problem I have caused. I need an answers on transfering my address book into Outlook, nor can I seem to create a new address book. The other problem is my contact list does not fill in the email address that it does contain. Thank you for any help. Elizabeth A word of advice: people are less inclined to help if you appear to be complaining from the start, rather than requesting assistance. Oh, and you spelt 'wasted' wrong. "Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...