Non-existent recovered items

If I look in
      c:\users\lee\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows live mail\storage
folders\recovered items
I find 20 folders containing .nws files.  Trying to open a file gives the
message: The file ... could not be opened because it does not exist, or is
being used by another application. (0x80004005, 1400)

In WLMail there are no messages within Recovered Items and I can't remember
seeing any for months.

Does this mean something is wrong with the storage folders or should I just
delete these in Windows Explorer?

0
Lee

If you close WLM can you then double click an NWS file to open?

I've seen getting the does not exist message when trying to access a a
message via the WLM interface when the WLM index points to a
non-existent EML/NWS file.

But since you are going via the operating system, for the file not to
exist would mean that your operating file system is corrupted.  It's
more likely that the file is lock by some program, such as WLM itself.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Lee Antony" <void@void.voi> wrote in message
> If I look in
>      c:\users\lee\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows live mail\storage
> folders\recovered items
> I find 20 folders containing .nws files.  Trying to open a file gives
> the message: The file ... could not be opened because it does not
> exist, or is being used by another application. (0x80004005, 1400)
>
> In WLMail there are no messages within Recovered Items and I can't
> remember seeing any for months.
>
> Does this mean something is wrong with the storage folders or should I
> just delete these in Windows Explorer?

0
Michael
3/18/2010 6:28:14 PM
I should have said, if WLMail is closed and one of these files is clicked I
see the same error boxes but now behind the splash screen and that's how
things stay unless I kill wlmail.exe or bring the error boxes to the front
and click OK on each.

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> If you close WLM can you then double click an NWS file to open?
>
> I've seen getting the does not exist message when trying to access a a
> message via the WLM interface when the WLM index points to a non-existent
> EML/NWS file.
>
> But since you are going via the operating system, for the file not to
> exist would mean that your operating file system is corrupted.  It's more
> likely that the file is lock by some program, such as WLM itself.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Lee Antony" <void@void.voi> wrote in message
>> If I look in
>>      c:\users\lee\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows live mail\storage
>> folders\recovered items
>> I find 20 folders containing .nws files.  Trying to open a file gives the
>> message: The file ... could not be opened because it does not exist, or
>> is being used by another application. (0x80004005, 1400)
>>
>> In WLMail there are no messages within Recovered Items and I can't
>> remember seeing any for months.
>>
>> Does this mean something is wrong with the storage folders or should I
>> just delete these in Windows Explorer?

0
Lee

Calculate 1st of month date from existing date.
I want Excel to post a starting date which is 45 days (or other time period) from an initial date. The rules are: (1) If the date is under 15 (middle of the month) set the starting date to the 1st of the month as calculated and (2) if the date is 15 or over, set starting date to the 1st of the next month. For instance, if my starting date is January 1st, 2006 and I want the date 45 days from there, the answer is February 15, 2006. Reset the calculated value of February 15, 2006 to February 1, 2006. If the date was February 16, 2006 (46 days after start), set the date to March 1, 2006. Th...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

recover domain user password without the domain.
Hello, I have a client that has a company laptop, and he has forgotten his password. Now the laptop was part of an old business with a domain that no longer exists. What can I do to recover the password. I have access to the local admin account, but not the domain admin account on the laptop. Domain was with a sbs 2003 machine. You cannot recover domain password without a domain controller. If you have access to the local admin account, you can unjoin computer from the domain. Then create a local user account and let the owner use this new local account. "Don"...

Preventing outlook from wiping deleted items.
My Outlook has been wiping my deleted items folder of emails that show having been read. How do I get it to go back to the default setting where I choose when to wipe the delted items folder? 27RedMike wrote: > My Outlook has been wiping my deleted items folder of emails that show having > been read. How do I get it to go back to the default setting where I choose > when to wipe the delted items folder? Do you have the option enabled to empty the Deleted Items folder upon exit from Outlook? Are you using auto-archiving (to [permanently] delete old items)? Are ...

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

How do I unpin an item from the list?
In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the name I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it? I am using Win7 Professional. "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F370AAFF-607C-4816-AA0E-A53A944CB026@microsoft.com... > In addition to Word 2007 refusing to save documents unless I change the > name > I now have an old version pinned to the list and it refuses to unpin. Why > is > this happening, and how can I correct it? &g...

discontinue thousands of items
I was thinking running script in SQL or use IM to update the items. but what's the best way to go about this? thanks! I would use a script to swtich the Type to Discontinued. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com If you have a choice between using a GP module and using a script, use the GP module. I have seen posts from people who update the database using SQL statements and break something. Not pretty... "Rheiner" <Rheiner@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Store Operation 2.0 In Item Property showing On Order 6 or so.Need
I my Store Operation 2.0 database in am showing some #s in on order. I alreddy all PO closed and I don't have any any back order and its still showing On Order Quantity (Different #s for different items) How do I make this On Order Quantity Zero "0" I am looking for SQL query Update Items Set OnOrder = 0 some thing like that but I dont know the Database field name for Onorder Please help me. ...

Printing

Small Business Invoice Items
Money started doing a strange thing yesterday. I add my items and comments/description to a single line. I may add another like item with a differnet description. Before yesterday it always left them seperate and on seperate lines. Now it combines all like items and uses the default desrciption. Anyone know how to get it back to leaving them as individual items? ...

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2007 XP Pro SP2 ISP: Comcast =20 Problem: Deleted Items are not deleted from mail server =20 I have checked Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' =20 When I use Empty Deleted Items Folder, nothing is deleted from the Comast server. =20 Does this feature work with Comcast mail servers? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8C31A.6669E0C0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Splitting sales on Single item ?
Can single items be done as a split sale? Multiple items can ea be assigned to individual reps, but can 1 item be assigned to 2 Sales reps? This is retail, so this happens a lot. Thanks "luke" wrote: > Can single items be done as a split sale? > Multiple items can ea be assigned to individual reps, but can 1 item be > assigned to 2 Sales reps? > > This is retail, so this happens a lot. There are 14 sales reps so creating split sales number combinations would be my last choice. > Thanks Luke, Can you do two 0.5 quantity items, then assign each sale rep ...

Recovering exchange after MAJOR failure
After a major hard disk failure and backups that didnt work, I have to try and recover 500MB of emails from the now defunct exchange server. The only bit of data that I have managed to recover is priv.mdb (550MB). I need to try and export the email data from that file and recover it to the newly-configured Exchange server. Its a long shot I know but my client is depending on some of the data contained within that file. Any ideas on how to even try and attempt to recover things? I don't have any of the log files, or anything else associated with the old server, just the priv.mdb. Than...

SetAttribute method does not exist for my XmlNode object
I am having trouble creating an Attribute on a new node. The NodeObject.SetAttribute(x,y) method does not exist for the "RecordElement" node. What am I missing??? Earl XmlDocument d = new XmlDocument(); d.Load(savepath); XmlNode RootNode = d.DocumentElement; //CREATE THE RECORD NODE XmlNode RecordElement = d.CreateElement("RECORD"); //RecordElement.SetAttribute(name, value) does not exist here Earl Teigrob wrote: > I am having trouble creating an Attribute on a new node. The > NodeObject.SetAttribute(x,y) method does not exist for the "RecordElement...

Display account description in Requisition item entry
Display the account description for the selected account in the Item Entry screen in Business Portal Requistion Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=...

Mailbox move reporting less "items" after move completed
Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest SP's and public hotfixes. When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the target. For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few items, and still others it's in the 100's. How can I find out what was not moved? If you selected Skip corrupted items in Migration Wizard and entered the number of items to skip, than maybe that number is the max d...

New Inventory Item
Well, I've searched about 20 posts and have not found exactly what I am looking for but am relatively convinced that the following is not possible: GP 10 – I want to create a Business Alert that notifies us when a new Item is created in the item master. Ideally, I want to see the following: “IV00101.CREATDDT > TODAY – 1”. In other words, show me all the items created yesterday. My problem is I can’t seem to find a table that contains “Today”. I think my solution is to write a SQL Trigger, but that is well beyond my expertise. I appreciate any suggestions. ...

Shared fax not notifying when items are sent
Microsoft shared fax is a service. I'm not too up on this stuff, but that's what is it called when looking it up on the internet. We enter [fax:nnnn] into the TO field and the fax sends via a shared modem on my server. Until a few days ago we were getting notifications telling us whether the fax was successful or not. I looked up an article on "how to set up Microsoft Shared fax service" and there is a section on "notifications". I reviewed everything in that section but everything was already set up as was suggested. As I said, it was working fine up u...

A single Page print for key items
I have a 2900 line spreadsheet from top to bottom with information about rooms and organized by it's room number: example: col a: b : c : d: 101: Main Lobby: Lobby is 590 Sq ft 102: Janitors Closet: 15 sq ft 103: Elevator room: 15 sq ft 103: Elevatior room 2: 24 sq ft I want to be able to have one source page where I can type the room number in and then allow it to show and then print the room number. No data filters that's ok but not what I'm looking for. Some rooms have like 20-25 lines of information while some only has 3-4. Macro is ok but how? -- Je...

How can we save email sent via mail merge into sent items folder
When we use mail merge utility, is there a possibility to save items in sent folder so that they can be forwarded or copied to specific people later Hi, it is easy with our Mail Merge Toolkit for Microsoft Office: http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/mail_merge/ This screenshot is an answer to your question: http://www.mapilab.com/images/screenshots/mail_merge/mmt_3.gif Alexander Gorlach, MAPILab Ltd. http://www.mapilab.com/ "Sudhakar" <Sudhakar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F313B1EC-5DAD-4C9B-AA6D-701FD7E6CD70@microsoft.com... > When we use mail merge ...

How do I get a macro to be non worksheet specific?
I can't figure out how to make a macro non worksheet specific like they were in previous versions of Excel. I want to have a macro that will sort the same range of cells of whatever sheet that I am in, rather than having the same macro for each sheet with a different name. In EXCEL 2007:- When you record your Macro for the first time you will get the Macro panel up (where you name it). In here there is a section called:- Store macro in: It is here that you can select one of the options to make the macro available outside of that Workbook only. Please hit yes ...