Newest message arrives first

When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
this?

Thank you.

0
Main

"Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
> this?

Why are you seeking this behavior?

All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and regardless of the
order they are received by Windows Live Mail (WLM) Desktop,  the app will
sort them by "Sent" date either old-to-new, or new-to-old.

FWIW, all the POP mail accounts on my phone behave this way... I'm not sure
you can alter the manner in which your mail server communicates with WLM
Desktop. Maybe someone wiser that I can offer a better answer.

0
Magnus
5/24/2010 11:35:17 PM
You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message =
> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is =
delivered=20
> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I =
change=20
> this?
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20

0
Gary
5/25/2010 5:47:48 AM
That's quite arrogant.

Nancy

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message

>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
>> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
>> this?
>>
>> Thank you.

0
Nancy
5/25/2010 6:02:56 AM
Tell it to the Twelve Step programs, which is where that quote came =
from.

"Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message =
> That's quite arrogant.
>=20
> Nancy
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>=20
>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message=20
>=20
>>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is =
delivered
>>> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I =
change
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Thank you.=20

0
Gary
5/25/2010 6:10:14 AM
You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns by the
date received.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

> That's quite arrogant.
>
> Nancy
>
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
>
>>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is
>>> delivered
>>> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

0
Dave
5/25/2010 1:43:50 PM
Hi, Gary.

And it might be much older than that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> Tell it to the Twelve Step programs, which is where that quote came from.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message
>> That's quite arrogant.
>>
>> Nancy
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message

I had the impression that the OP was talking about the chronological =
order
in which messages were downloaded, not the order in which they were
displayed once they were all downloaded.

"Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message =
> You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns =
by the=20
> date received.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message=20
>> That's quite arrogant.
>>
>> Nancy
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
>>
>>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>>
>>> --=20
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message=20

0
Gary
5/25/2010 6:48:56 PM
Yes, I'm aware of that.  However, I want the oldest message downloaded
first, not the newest.

Thank you.

> You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns by
> the date received.
>

> --
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message
>> That's quite arrogant.
>>
>> Nancy
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message

0
Main
5/25/2010 9:31:38 PM

"Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
> this?

Strangely nobody has asked which server you are talking about or how you
have it configured.  So, assuming it is a news account which you have
configured to be Synchronize: All Messages I would expect initially you
should be able to download all messages for a newsgroup provided you don't
enter that newsgroup while online or don't have (Read option) Get 300
headers... checked.

Otherwise it could be your news server that's returning XOVER replies in a
reverse order or sorting messages in a reverse chronological order.   Trace
the connection to find out for sure.   Note that you can not use WLMail's
troubleshooting log to check this because it doesn't show you any of the
XOVER reply.   However, you could simulate what WLMail does by using a
telnet client to your server's port 119.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
5/25/2010 11:23:21 PM
Not possible...all available messages are downloaded. The only control available is to change the sort order after receipt.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message news:0D998793-B96A-43D8-88B1-006D1E6FACDB@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I'm aware of that.  However, I want the oldest message downloaded
> first, not the newest.
>
> Thank you.
>

> "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns by
>> the date received.
>>

>> --
>> Dave N.
>> MS-MVP (Mail)
>> Windows 7  Ultimate
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>>

>> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message
>>> That's quite arrogant.
>>>
>>> Nancy
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
winston
6/1/2010 10:31:29 AM
For many, many years I've used Outlook Express and that's how it works.  I
always read the oldest message first.  I get about 100 messages/day which
means I have to wait until all 100 are received before I can read any
messages.  That's a time waster.  Many messages have PPS/PPT/WMF or other
attachments...they're s-l-o-w to download.  Early versions of WLM didn't
work this way.

UGH!

"Magnus" <magnus@invalid.com> wrote in message
> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
>> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
>> this?
>>

> Why are you seeking this behavior?
>
> All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and regardless of
> the order they are received by Windows Live Mail (WLM) Desktop,  the app
> will sort them by "Sent" date either old-to-new, or new-to-old.
>
> FWIW, all the POP mail accounts on my phone behave this way... I'm not
> sure you can alter the manner in which your mail server communicates with
> WLM Desktop. Maybe someone wiser that I can offer a better answer.

0
Main
6/13/2010 9:36:57 PM
If you're trying to be rude it worked.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered
>> first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.  How do I change
>> this?
>>
>> Thank you.

0
Main
6/13/2010 9:38:15 PM
I did that...incoming mail bounces around like a ping pong ball.

"Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message
> You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns by
> the date received.
>

> --
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message
>> That's quite arrogant.
>>
>> Nancy
>>
>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> You can't change it. Accept the things you can't change.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>>

>>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message

0
Main
6/13/2010 9:39:30 PM
You are correct.

> I had the impression that the OP was talking about the chronological order
> in which messages were downloaded, not the order in which they were
> displayed once they were all downloaded.

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Dave" <Dave@beepbeepbeepbeep.com> wrote in message
>> You CAN change the order in which you see them, just sort the columns by
>> the
>> date received.
>>

>> --
>> Dave N.
>> MS-MVP (Mail)
>> Windows 7  Ultimate
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>>

>> "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message
>>> That's quite arrogant.
>>>
>>> Nancy
>>>
>>> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message

0
Main
6/13/2010 9:40:04 PM
The mail server determines the order that messages download.  Perhaps
Verizon has made some change.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Main Nerd" <somewhere@home.com> wrote in message
> For many, many years I've used Outlook Express and that's how it
> works.  I always read the oldest message first.  I get about 100
> messages/day which means I have to wait until all 100 are received
> before I can read any messages.  That's a time waster.  Many messages
> have PPS/PPT/WMF or other attachments...they're s-l-o-w to download.
> Early versions of WLM didn't work this way.
>
> UGH!
>
> "Magnus" <magnus@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message
>>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is
>>> delivered first.  I want the oldest message on the server first.
>>> How do I change this?
>>>

>> Why are you seeking this behavior?
>>
>> All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and regardless
>> of the order they are received by Windows Live Mail (WLM) Desktop,
>> the app will sort them by "Sent" date either old-to-new, or
>> new-to-old.
>>
>> FWIW, all the POP mail accounts on my phone behave this way... I'm
>> not sure you can alter the manner in which your mail server
>> communicates with WLM Desktop. Maybe someone wiser that I can offer a
>> better answer.

0
Michael
6/14/2010 9:43:12 PM
I'm not aware of any changes made in the last 5 versions of WLM that would cause your symptom.
The settings, features and operation are the same.

The only other means of support(and probably the sole after this newsgroup closes between now and October) is the Windows Live
Solution Center..not sure if they can fix or suggest anything...but it remains your only other option unless you find something
elsewhere...

Wish I or others could suggest more..sorry.

Here's the link or the WLSC
WLM Support
 Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live Mail
   http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15
 Windows Live Mail Forums
   http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15
 Windows Live Mail Solutions
   http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Main Nerd" <somewhere@home.com> wrote in message news:uTlEJE0CLHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> For many, many years I've used Outlook Express and that's how it works.  I always read the oldest message first.  I get about 100
> messages/day which means I have to wait until all 100 are received before I can read any messages.  That's a time waster.  Many
> messages have PPS/PPT/WMF or other attachments...they're s-l-o-w to download.  Early versions of WLM didn't work this way.
>
> UGH!
>
> "Magnus" <magnus@invalid.com> wrote in message news:#ubgOn5#KHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message news:0D273E59-B4AF-48B0-B0A8-C32372EFC943@microsoft.com...
>>> When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered first.  I want the oldest message on the server
>>> first.  How do I change this?
>>>

>> Why are you seeking this behavior?
>>
>> All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and regardless of the order they are received by Windows Live Mail (WLM)
>> Desktop,  the app will sort them by "Sent" date either old-to-new, or new-to-old.
>>
>> FWIW, all the POP mail accounts on my phone behave this way... I'm not sure you can alter the manner in which your mail server
>> communicates with WLM Desktop. Maybe someone wiser that I can offer a better answer.

0
winston

New Message #3
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 when creating a new message to only have it show the contacts name in the To: box rather than the name and e-mail address? Sure...in Contacts fill in the "Display as:" field with however you want their name to be displayed. Tim "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23$mytJesHHA.484@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in Outlook 2007 when creating a new message to only have it > show the contacts name in the To: box rather than the name and e-mail > address? > If you configure the Email Display...

Older deleted messages don't disapear (hotmail account)
I use Windows Live Mail on several different computers (though not at the same time). Sometimes I'll launch WLM on a computer that it hasn't run on in months. WLM will retrieve new messages fine, but some messages that had been stored months ago when WLM last ran, but have since been deleted from Hotmail, are not removed from WLM. Is there a way to do a true sync so WLM will match my hotmail.com inbox? I connect to hotmail in WLM via http. Thank you! You need to be patient. It will take some time for WLM/Hotmail to=20 complete the sync process. --=20 Gary Vand...

Autoforwarding messages frmo a mailbox
Is it possible to autoforward email messages from a mailbox on my Exchange Server 5.5 to another valid internet email address that is not part of my domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. You can create a custom recipient representing the external account and then in exchange administrator you configure the custom recipient as an alternate recipient for your mailbox. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" wi...

toolbar messages from the framework
Hey all (I hope that this is the right place!) In VC6 we can invoke the class wizard to map toolbar buttons messages. the VC7 equivalent suppose to be class view->properties, but its working only for menu Items. I know that I can map this message myself like a custom user message, but it's just doesn't seems right... anybody knows how to map a toolbar message (that is not implemented by any other control like menu item!) with the framework? ...

IMAP : replied AND deleted messages
Hi all ! I am a new (happy) user of IMAP. I understand the way deletion works (messages are first marked for deletion but stay on the server, and are only deleted if I purge the folder) but I have a little problem : Messages that have been answered (I don't know whether there is a "replied" flag or not) that I delete are not displayed with a strike-through line. This is confusing, because I can't rely on the display to know which messages have been deleted / moved. I forgot the most important : Outlook 2000 + SR1a + SP3 Thanks a lot for you help on this problem ! Arn...

Email messages sent as attachments in WLM open in Outlook Express
I have been using Windows Live Mail to access my hotmail email accounts from my desktop successfully, without any probs, for about a year now. Email messages sent as attachments are opened through Outlook Express whenever I open the attachments instead of Windows Live Mail. Can any one help? -- Debonair Make sure WLMail is set as default. Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults | Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Windows Live Mail. If still no joy, create a file association. 1. Download and save the attachment on t...

Create and open message issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange For some reason, whenever I open a message or click to generate a new message in my Entourage, it only opens in the top left area of my screen and I have to drag it to centre to work on it etc. Any idea if this is a setting issue or something else pls ? Unfortunately there is no way to change this in Entourage 2008. Hopefully it will be fixed in Office 2011 due out later this year. On 2/20/10 1:01 AM, in article 59bb3261.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "DeanR@officeformac.com&qu...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

selecting the first value in a list/combo box as the default
How do I input the first item from a list/combo box in a form if the user doesn't select any other item? I want the first item to be the default entry to the form field if the user did not select any other value. I'm a newbie so if you could suggest creating expressions instead of codes, it would really be much helpful. Please help. I'm kinda stuck in a fixed assets inventory project. Hi max, Open the form in design view. Select the combo box. Open the properties window (f4), click on the 'data' tab, and try adding this depending on what the rowsource is: If yo...

Error Message 02-05-08
When ever I open this database, I get an error messages that says this. "This file may not be safe if it contains code that was intended to harm your computer. Do you want to open this file or cancel the operation." How do I find out or clean up the code that is causing this issue? This began happening when we converted the database from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I always choose "Open" so that we can get the work done. Check what Jeff Conrad has at http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/macrosecurity.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/...

Why CMainFrame can't accept the message WM_COPYDATA?
Hi! I use WM_COPYDATA in CMainFrame, I use the ClassWizard to make following: ON_WM_COPYDATA() afx_msg BOOL OnCopyData(CWnd* pWnd, COPYDATASTRUCT* pCopyDataStruct); BOOL CMainFrame::OnCopyData(CWnd* pWnd, COPYDATASTRUCT* pCopyDataStruct) The code run naturally but after "SendMessage(dlg->m_hWnd, WM_COPYDATA, 0, (UINT)(&cds));" it can't go into the function "BOOL CMainFrame::OnCopyData(CWnd* pWnd,COPYDATASTRUCT* pCopyDataStruct)" why? Thanks in advance! "SendMessage(dlg->m_hWnd, WM_COPYDATA, 0, (UINT)(&cds));" From the looks of things, i...

Intelligent Message Filter and SMTP
I am running MS Exchange 2003 SBS. I currently use a 3rd party for SMTP and Exchange just runs on my SBS machine to pick up the mail from the 3rd party SMTP server. I set up IMF (Intelligent Message Filter) on the Exchange 2003 server. My question is this: Why is there not a UCE folder anywhere in c: \program files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot ? Do I have to have my Exchange server running the SMTP service for IMF to even work? Regards, Jeff Yes, IMF works at the SMTP transport layer - so if you're picking up your mail from an ISP using some kind of POP connector or similar mechanism - IMF ...

Saving all messages in Exchange server 2003
I have a client who is very paranoid. He wants me to save all messages that come through exchange, so that even if a user deletes his/her message, there is a copy for the owner to pull up. Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2003? Thanks in Advance. Check this out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-Exchange-2003-Message-Journaling.html "DP" <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58D6020E-5D12-4BC9-8360-984EC35876EF@microsoft.com... >I have a client who is very paranoid. He wants me to save all messages that > come through exchange, ...

View Message when Mouse Hovers over Cell. (Not the Comments Feild)
Hi, I am interested if there is a way to have a message become visible when the mouse is hovered over a cell. I am currently using 2007. In this problem I have one sheet that has a list of names (employees) across row 2. I have on another sheet with all the employee details, employee number, address, phone numbers etc. What I want to be able to do is when I hover above name 1 it show the phone numbers of that person from the employee details sheet. Currently I am having to use "comments" to show this data and I need to ensure the data is always up-yo-date in both s...

IE8 error message appears at computer startup
I've been getting an annoying message for some time now when I first start my computer (it appears early on, when the desktop and toolbar are first loading). It looks like this: Windows Internet Explorer X Cannot find 'file:///'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. It doesn't seem to be causing any trouble, but I have to delete it every time I start my computer. Any ideas? Thanks Analyze what else is starting when you start your computer. Unfortunately, ...

Disabling a message #2
How can I disable the message Shape protection and/or layer properties prevent complete execution of this comman Instead of placing a protection on the property that is triggering this message, you could guard the cell. This requires a bit of understanding about the Shapesheet since you must go into the Shapesheet and enter a GUARD formula. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bernd" <b@bkulicke.de> wrote in message news:0115CEDA-2A8A-47C0-B348-F6F8C9F67527@microsoft.com... > How ...

Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on Sender/Receiver side or both?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0131_01C4F8A9.20513190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on = the=20 sender side, receiver side, or both? Thanks for the answer. Eriq ------=_NextPart_000_0131_01C4F8A9.20513190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <...

>> Page header not first page
Hi, using Access 2003 I do not want the page header section to appear on the first page as the report header says it all. Is there a simple property setting for this? Many thanks, Jonathan "Jonathan" wrote: > Hi, using Access 2003 I do not want the page header section to appear on the > first page as the report header says it all. > > Is there a simple property setting for this? > > Many thanks, > Jonathan Found my answer thanks to an earlier response by Duane Hookom. Private Sub PageHeader_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer) Cancel = ...

Error Message During Running Frx 6.7
While generating a report with FRx 6.7 I receive the following error message: "Error 9060 during the CreateZIPFile Procedure" and the report genration stops; hence, I am unable to generate any reports with FRx. I have looked everywhere to get some insight regarding the error but to no avail. Help!! -- Mark R Zaksheske Mark, according the Microsoft, "The problem may occur because Microsoft XML components are missing. Other factors may also cause this problem." See below link for resolution. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQ...

Finding the row number of first row in a selected range
I'm attepting to find the row number of the first row in a user selected range. I'm looping throgh the rows to perform a comparison and can establish the total number of row using Dim Lrows as integer Lrows = Selection.Rows.Count How do I extract the row number of the first row, please. Thanks in advance msgbox selection.row Eamon Wall wrote: > > I'm attepting to find the row number of the first row in a user selected > range. > I'm looping throgh the rows to perform a comparison and can establish the > total number of row using > &...

Change the Reply To in a Forwarded Message
Here's what I'd like to do: I receive emails from Friend "A". I want to forward some of these emails to Friend "B". Now here's the catch---I want the forwarded emails to have the REPLY TO with Friend "A" email address. How do I edit/change the Reply To? Thanks Ask Friend A to send the emails to Friend B. - friend B can click Reply -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "jerryferreira" <jerryferreira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4E2548A-F452-450D-89FE-BAD3E79FEF10@microsoft.com... > Here's ...

when sending html messages from outlook 2002 to outlook 2000 part of the message
When a message is sent from outlook 2002 user to outlook2000 user in html format, part of the message does not appear on the reciepients screen. ...

Message cannot be found
The content of the email were disappeared and it gives me an below message- Pls help to solve my problem *(I am using Window Vista Business Version) Thanks! >>>Message cannot be found >>>The contents of this message cannot be found. >>>Windows Mail Did you try closing the message and reselecting it? Are other messages' content displayed okay? Can you read the message on your email's web access? "Josie" <Josie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:990D191C-8634-4C5E-AA36-2334E92F8AF9@microsoft.co...

Installing Intelligent Message Filter on additional servers
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on four servers, two of which are frontend servers. One frontend server already has Intelligent Message Filter installed on it. I am now planning to install IMF on the second Frontend Server, are there any issues I should be aware of, will the install on the second server cause the Message Delivery tab at the top of the organisation to be updated to it's default settings? Non of the docs on IMF are very clear about the issue. thanx Susie There should be no issue and settings should not be overwritten. Altough maybe you should consider up...

How to make parent wnd aware of messages to children
Hi, When you click on a child window , shouldn't the parent of the child window know about it first? In other words, how can I make every action on a child window (say clicking inside a textbox) visible to the parent dialog where it sits? -- Thanks in advance, Juan Dent, M.Sc. On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:14:01 -0700, Juan Dent <Juan_Dent@nospam.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > >When you click on a child window , shouldn't the parent of the child window >know about it first? Not if you view windows as responsible for their own behavior. >In other words, how can I make ev...