New Message Window

WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter )

Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that each
new message window is maximized.  If I restore down , it resizes correctly ,
but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open that way ?

I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new feature
in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to the top will
maximize it.

I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new
message ,  and once again , got a maximized window.

I should ad that the same version of WLM on my 64 bit desktop remembers the
desired New Message Window size.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

0
Sparky

Drag one of the "new message" windows to the size you want (don't use =
the=20
maximize tool).
Then all future new message windows should remember that size and =
location.

"Sparky" <no@nothere.com> wrote in message=20
> WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter )
>
> Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that =
each=20
> new message window is maximized.  If I restore down , it resizes =
correctly=20
> , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open that =
way ?

> I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new =
feature=20
> in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to the =
top=20
> will maximize it.
>
> I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a =
new=20
> message ,  and once again , got a maximized window.
>
> I should ad that the same version of WLM on my 64 bit desktop =
remembers=20
> the desired New Message Window size.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated=20

0
Richard
3/7/2010 4:00:57 PM
...............And, it /must/ be the last window closed for the memory to
stick.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
Drag one of the "new message" windows to the size you want (don't use the
maximize tool).
Then all future new message windows should remember that size and
location.

"Sparky" <no@nothere.com> wrote in message
> WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter )
>
> Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that
> each new message window is maximized.  If I restore down , it resizes
> correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open
> that way ?
>
> I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new
> feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to
> the top will maximize it.
>
> I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new
> message ,  and once again , got a maximized window.
>
> I should ad that the same version of WLM on my 64 bit desktop remembers
> the desired New Message Window size.
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated

0
Bruce
3/7/2010 4:08:11 PM
That seems to work on my Win 7 64 desktop , but for some reason it doesn't
work on the Win 7 starter netbook.
thanks for the replies...I'll just keep trying ! Perhaps it has something to
do with the screen resolution ? ( just a guess..)

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> ..............And, it /must/ be the last window closed for the memory to
> stick.
> --
>           Bruce Hagen
>         MS-MVP  [Mail]
>      Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Richard in AZ" <me@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Drag one of the "new message" windows to the size you want (don't use the
> maximize tool).
> Then all future new message windows should remember that size and
> location.
>
> "Sparky" <no@nothere.com> wrote in message
>> WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter )
>>
>> Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that
>> each new message window is maximized.  If I restore down , it resizes
>> correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open
>> that way ?
>>
>> I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new
>> feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to
>> the top will maximize it.
>>
>> I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new
>> message ,  and once again , got a maximized window.
>>
>> I should ad that the same version of WLM on my 64 bit desktop remembers
>> the desired New Message Window size.
>>
>> Any suggestions greatly appreciated

0
Sparky
3/8/2010 7:27:14 AM
> That seems to work on my Win 7 64 desktop , but for some reason it doesn't
> work on the Win 7 starter netbook.
> thanks for the replies...I'll just keep trying ! Perhaps it has something
> to do with the screen resolution ? ( just a guess..)

Yes.   And there are two problems associated with it.   First, all windows
always open maximized.  E.g. you always have to use the Restore function to
try to put it back into your preferred size and shape.   The worse problem
is that sometimes that Restore function doesn't work and what you are left
with is a normal mode window which is maximally sized.   Then, if you don't
have one which is still in your preferred size and shape you're stuck and
have to resize it again manually.   If you do have one which is already
opened you can close first the maximally sized one and then the spare one
with the desired size and (usually) when you try reopening the problem
message again and switch from maximized to normal mode it will be Ok.   BTW
in order to avoid any possibility that the worse symptom is occurring due to
Aero Snap I have stopped doubleclicking on the Title bar to switch from the
window's maximized to normal mode and instead use only  Alt-Space,R.

It must be the properties of my monitor because it is still happening after
switching to W7 X64 with a much better video card.   And W7 must not like
the monitor because it insists that it is only capable of 1024x768, which is
absolutely incorrect.   In my old computer I had the reverse problem in W7
RC, it didn't like my old video card but the same monitor was allowed to use
its full native capabilities (though I preferred not to use its full
resolution or changed the DPI setting to keep text readable).   But even
then I had both problems frequently, even in XP, which liked both the
monitor and the video card.   And it is only with the latest version of
WLMail that I see these quirks.

YMMV

Robert Aldwinckle
---

>> "Sparky" <no@nothere.com> wrote in message
>>> WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter )
>>>
>>> Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that
>>> each new message window is maximized.  If I restore down , it resizes
>>> correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open
>>> that way ?
>>>
>>> I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new
>>> feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to
>>> the top will maximize it.
>>>
>>> I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new
>>> message ,  and once again , got a maximized window.
>>>
>>> I should ad that the same version of WLM on my 64 bit desktop remembers
>>> the desired New Message Window size.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions greatly appreciated

0
Robert

Internet incoming message don't get to some recipients
Hi I'm running exchange 5.5 sp4, I'd like to get some help to solve this situation: Some recipients are able to recieve Internet incoming message and others are not able, I mean the same message. so what I do is to send a test message (not attachment included) I set many recipients in the To Field in Outlook and some of these recipients are able to get the test message and others don't. "Not rules are implemented in the Outlook Clients" Thank You for your help. On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:29:14 -0400, "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote: > >Hi &...

Windows Vista Service pack 2
I get automatic updates from Microsoft. Everytime my computer tries to install Windosw Vista Service pack 2, it always fails. All other updates are marked as successful however this Windows Vista Service pack 2 has failed about twenty times. What can I do? I assume this is an important update but my computer just will not allow for this update. -- kdi Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues may requi...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

Missing Message Text

How to increase and decrease indent levels while composing an Entourage message

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

[Windows 7] Move "Show Desktop" to the left side of taskbar, how to? (w/pic)
I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. How to do that? Pic is self-explanitory --> http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg See http://www.msfn.org/board/regards-moving-show-desktop-t128691.html&s=beadc2ca061fa0aff6d25b3f0f85f790 On 29/11/2009 13:32, G. Morgan wrote: > I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. > How to do that? > > Pic is self-explanitory --> > http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg ...

Outlook 2002 needs to close error message
I am a new user and am using in combination with ACT!. Outlook 2002 does two things consistently which slows down my work: 1. 2-3 times an hour I receive the message "Outlook 2002 needs to close" this often happens in the middle of writing an email or saving contacts to ACT! 2. Each time I close out of Outlook it sends an error saying that it needs to restart the session, do I want to send a report? (I've sent dozens.) I end up waiting for the restart and then closing which it does promptly. How do I eliminate these problems, especially #1? Thank you ...

Unread messages don't exist
My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm then presented withe the following info: Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are: You don't have permissions to modify the items etc etc If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the following: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I cannot read the message either. I have run scanpst on...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

can not forward or reply to messages
I was able to send, forward and reply to messages up til today. For some reason I can not forward or reply to messages today. They are greyed out. I am using Microsoft outlook 2007. Any idea how to fix this? And you cannot create new messages either? Probably the same applies to creating new documents in any of the other Office applications too. In that case it means that you haven't activated your copy of Office yet. You can do so in Outlook via Help-> Activate Product... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Bypassing message when running Update Qury
When I run an Update query I receive a message warning me that I am about to modify data. I click Yes and receive a second message warning that I am about to Update rows. Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run the query? thanks for any help. JoeP See: Action queries: suppressing dialogs, while knowing results at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html for a couple of ways to handle this. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mv...

Money 2004 installed on a new machine
I just got a new PC and am tryint to get my copy of Money 2004 up and running. On my old PC I had installed the trial version of Money Deluxe and then upgraded to a full version. So, I have the exe to install the trial version and I have an activation code. I have installed the trial version on my new PC and when I try to open my money file from my previous computer, it says "The system date in your computer must be 2003 or 2004 in order to run this trial version of Microsoft Money 2004". So, I change the date to 12/29/2004 to see if I could at least get in a enter my acti...

Message with MFC in custom class #2
Hi How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another which handels the OpenGL drawing. Can i derive the new class from CCmdTarget? Does that work, and how would an example look like? Thank you John John wrote: > Hi > > How can I catch messages in an other class than the view? I have a > MFC-SDI-Application which draws with OpenGL. > I'd like to have a class, which handels the keyboard input, and another > which handels the OpenGL...

Excel 97 on Windows XP data sort error
I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel updates and the microsoft website says I already have all updates. Please tell what sort of errors. "Steve P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00af01c39601$ad0c3d20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on > Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel > updates and the microsoft website says I already have all > updates. Sort errors are almost always data problems. You might have numeri...

Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stoppe
when clicking setup your internet address in windows SBS console, i select already have a domain name and i will manage it myself. a few seconds later i get the error "Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stopped working" the only choice is to close the program. What do i need to do to fix this error without reinstalling everything? Is your server up to date with all patches? In particular, SP2? -- Cliff Galiher Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it out! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

Can I run proprietary Windows Software on Remote Desktop?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac Mini. I am taking a course that requires a minimum of Windows XP or Vista. Can I install the course software on Remote Desktop so that I can use it to take this class, or is this just for using MS Office programs? Also, what is the cost of this service? On 3/24/08 12:03 PM, in article ee95dbc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "boyerml@officeformac.com" <boyerml@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac ...

looking for control to display dialog similar to VC NET option window
I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ NET options window. The left side of the options windows contains a tree control used to select general category of options that will be viewed/edited. The right side of the options window displays an dialog that allows the user to view/edit specific options. Are there any shareware/commercials controls available that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance. Ian I think I've seen something like that in www.codeproject.com (and for free) ...

Publisher mailmerge error message, invalid office data source
I am trying to edit a mailmerge database I started in publisher, but I keep getting an error message, "This is not a valid office data source". But it was just fine earlier. Are you creating the list in Publisher? What version Publisher? Look in "My Documents", "My Data Sources", is your data base there? Is there a number associated with your error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Obrother" <Obrother@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31B77242-6579-4B64-9...

How to add controls to window in code (.cpp)
I'm a newbie trying to add some controls to a window in a .cpp file. More specifically, I created a .NET 2003 C++ MFC Application, called it TestGUI In the function BOOL CTestGUIDlg::OnInitDialog(), I adde CSliderCtrl *pSlider = new CSliderCtrl() pSlider->Create(TBS_VERT, CRect(10,20,40,60), this, 2000) This compiles and runs, but the slider does not show up . What is wrong Thanks alot! Hi Vufgar - Do this CSliderCtrl *pSlider = new CSliderCtrl() pSlider->Create(WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|TBS_VERT, CRect(10,20,40,60), this, 2000) - Yaso Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Con...

open older msn files with new Money 2003
I just received my new computer with MS Money 2003 loaded. I've been using Money for Windows 95. When I tried to open my files with the new version it got corrupted after the conversion. AND it also corrupted the original version! What to do? Is my past year's work down the tubes??? H E L P moneyless in Chicago! What do you mean that it also corrupted the original version? You will not be able to open the 'converted' file in the original version. But Money always saves a copy of the file prior the conversion and changes the extention to .mn* where '*' is the...

Message box warns for duplicate use of named ranges when copying s
I created an Exel/VBA2003 application in which a copy of a worksheet is added when the user pushes some button on the main form. In the worksheet which is copied, I use a few named ranges. This works fine in 2003. In 2007, however, a message box pops up that warns for duplicate use of the named range in the new sheet. Since there are 5 ranges, it is quite annoying to cancel these message boxes every time. Can I programmatically prevent these msg boxes from popping up ? Thanks ! Found one answer on pcreview (gracias a Hector Miguel): add Application.DisplayAlerts = False a...

This message has extra line breaks
I have written a SQL program that sends plain text email. CHR(0D), CHR(0A) is used to generate line breaks. Outlook frequently removes the line breaks so that lines don't break where they should. The message "This message has extra line breaks..." is displayed at the top of the email. I realize Outlook can be configured so it does not default to display without line breaks, but I'd rather modify my programming so consistent results are displayed for all Outlook users. My question is: Why does Outlook think this message has extra line breaks, and how should line breaks b...

[MDI] add a control to a client window
Hello, I have a standard MDI MFC project with all the default settings. How can I add a control to the Client Window (CXXView) ? Is there maybe a simple example around ? Well It all depends on what type the View inherits from. If it is a CFormView than you simply create/modify the dialog template associated with it. If it's a simple CView, then you can create the control dynamically, using it's Create method. The type of View you use depends on what type of information you want to display in the view. For example (and these are just examples of what you would use these classes for...