new live mail client acting differently - grayed out msg headers

o just installed new windows live pkg today.. including live mail.  live mail
now acts differently.  don't understand how to do what I need.

1.) the new client now grays out my subject and date field in the top pane
(not just after I have pulled up the msg in the reading pane).  like I would
really like it to.

*saw how to set up a color coded mail rule but this isn't helping me.

2.) the color is too light in the top pane.  I can't see it on my monitor
and need to knock it down a little or recolor it to something I can see. how
can I do this?

3.) is there a way to set the default behavior for msgs in the inbox to stay
bold for the whole line when unread... and then change the color to something
else (including a different shade of dark gray so I can see them better).

* through the browser I can see them fine. the font is a little bigger.  but
with the new live mail client which is what I used for all my email its a
problem and I need some help.

thanks

rechecked the msg grey out thing again:

1.) the msg header subject/date columns are grayed out its moderately hard
to read. the old livemail and outlook clients were fine and very legible.

2.) after the msg is marked "read" - it grays out the msg line <even more>.
I just can't read this and have no way of making it any darker so I can read
it.

***its bad enough that it makes it hard to use the program. to the point I
am willing to unistall this <latest pkg> of live mail/messager/sync and
everything and go back to the original live mail client.***

*** on the surface this seems nit noidal. but if you can't read the top pane
read and unread  msg headers - it becomes a <big problem>.  all the neat
bells and whistles in the new client and negated by something really simple.

please assist.

* one solution would be to add defaults like we had before for default msg
font and color. one for read msgs, one for unread msgs, one for undownloaded
msgs under the read msg tab in options.

* another possibility would be to add a msg rule check box option for <all
downloaded msgs read> to be set with <color>.  <all downloaded msgs unread>
to be set with <color>. under the new mail msg rules.

3.) the most important question - how can I go back to the old setup without
rebuilding my machine from scratch.  this <latest livemail and msgr update>
put a pile of stuff on my machine and it is not clear how to back it all out.

I am afraid that if I can't get a fix I am back to microsoft office outlook
with connector.  it does a good job but is not fast like livemail.  I would
prefer the old live mail client behavior <plus> the new mail rules you guys
have set up as they are very good.

I apologize for wanting to back this new stuff out.  but I can't use the new
client.

You're singing WITH the choir on those colors !!  One thing to try is
adjusting the OS display options - in W7, right click the desktop,
Personalize, Window Color, Advanced Appearance Settings.  When the window
pops up you can select the item to be adjusted, or pick it from the "Item"
dropdown.  The one to select there for the "read messages" color (already
opened mail) is called "Disabled Item" - set that to some color of your
choosing.  Experiment.  Another thing you mentioned is being able to make
the entire line bold (not just the From) - sorry, no can do.  And lastly,
we're all volunteers here - not MS employees.  Voice your concerns via the
Help - Send Feedback mechanism.

"brambo" <brambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> rechecked the msg grey out thing again:
>
> 1.) the msg header subject/date columns are grayed out its moderately hard
> to read. the old livemail and outlook clients were fine and very legible.
>
> 2.) after the msg is marked "read" - it grays out the msg line <even
> more>.
> I just can't read this and have no way of making it any darker so I can
> read
> it.
>
> ***its bad enough that it makes it hard to use the program. to the point I
> am willing to unistall this <latest pkg> of live mail/messager/sync and
> everything and go back to the original live mail client.***
>
> *** on the surface this seems nit noidal. but if you can't read the top
> pane
> read and unread  msg headers - it becomes a <big problem>.  all the neat
> bells and whistles in the new client and negated by something really
> simple.
>
> please assist.
>
> * one solution would be to add defaults like we had before for default msg
> font and color. one for read msgs, one for unread msgs, one for
> undownloaded
> msgs under the read msg tab in options.
>
> * another possibility would be to add a msg rule check box option for <all
> downloaded msgs read> to be set with <color>.  <all downloaded msgs
> unread>
> to be set with <color>. under the new mail msg rules.
>
> 3.) the most important question - how can I go back to the old setup
> without
> rebuilding my machine from scratch.  this <latest livemail and msgr
> update>
> put a pile of stuff on my machine and it is not clear how to back it all
> out.
>
> I am afraid that if I can't get a fix I am back to microsoft office
> outlook
> with connector.  it does a good job but is not fast like livemail.  I
> would
> prefer the old live mail client behavior <plus> the new mail rules you
> guys
> have set up as they are very good.
>
> I apologize for wanting to back this new stuff out.  but I can't use the
> new
> client.

0
slk759

Strange difference between IE & Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc
Using FP2003 when I add a new page to an existing site (which uses shared borders by default), any text that is entered on the new page shows properly on IE8, but does not appear at all on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. If I change the formatting and deactivate the shared border for that page, the text appears just fine on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. The existing pages on the site (using shared borders) display just fine on Firefox / Chrome / Opera etc. What could be responsible for this strange behaviour and how can it be fixed? Cannot answer the question without seein...

Multi incoming e-mail
Hi, I have a problem I have 9 e-mail domains that are incoming mail to an exchange 2003 server, what I want to do is this ! @domain1.com will be the e-mail address I will use But I will accept mail to @domain2.com and @domain3..9.com and when I get e-mail to those domain I want to rename them to @domain1.com and insert them into the exchange store. Is there anyway to do this ? with out having to insert e-mail address for each domain for each user have many user and short live :-) Thanks In Advance Aegir Thordarson ...

Default mail account in Outlook 2000
I use Outlook 2000 to send and receive email from several different POP accounts. Sometimes I want to send emails from one account, while other times I want to send them from a different account. I know that Outlook allows you to change which account a message is sent from via the "File | Send Using" menu option. My problem is that I often forget to use that option and just click the "Send" button on the toolbar. This sends out the message using the Default POP account. After it has been sent I remember that I didn't use the "Send Using" option. My quest...

Migration, mailbox now mapped to a different user account
I recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. All Pub folders, etc. have replicated successfully and all mailboxes were moved successfully. However, I have a single user that is now have the following problem...whenhe sends an email, it is showing up as "a_different_user" on behalf of this user. When you reply to an email from him, he does not receive the reply as it goes to the other user. Disabling "the_different_user" stops him from sending/receiving mail altogether. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Check his Out...

Functionality disabled in junk mail
I believe that disabling functionality in junk mail is extremely worthwhile. Unfortunately, if junk mail is moved to the deleted items folder, functionality is restored. This exposes us to the exact threat you are trying to avoid by disabling the functionality. I suggest that some flag be saved with mail identified as junk, and that flag be checked, and the user be given a warning before enabling functionality. Further, no flag or check is necessary if the user identifies the mail as not junk, or moves that mail to the inbox. Marvin ---------------- This post is a sugg...

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

Opening Draft E-mail Outlook 2000
Outlook 2000, Windows XP Pro Outlook hung when two e-mails were open, they are both sttill in Drafts folder. But they cannot be opened, an unknown error is returned when opening. Where are the temp files relating to these e-mails stored? If I open them in wordpad I can copy the contents out. Any ideas? Cheers, Richard Thorneycroft IT Systems Support Husky Group Ltd (01455) 555 340 They are stored in your PST. You can try to export them to another format (File | Import and Export) but those messages are possibly corrupt. "RichardThorneycroft" <richard-deletethis-@huskypr...

New with Outlook 2003 and IMAP
We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003. When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic and it gets grayed out. Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or junk when I identify it as trash or junk? I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way to have any email coming in with the same address (ex: occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or (staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make sure it goes to the appropriate folder. I am setup using an IMAP configuration. Any help would b...

Logging Sent and Received Internet Mail?
Hi, Could someone out there please tell me how to log all sent and received internet mail on my exchange 2003 server. Thanks! Turn tracking on. Go to the properties on the server in Exchange System Manager (or if you have a server policy go to the policy), check enable message tracking and subject logging (optional) and set a time limit for removing log files. If you need to keep the logging info longer make sure you implement a backup strategy for the server.log folder where the logs will be kept. Glen "DM SysOp" <DMSysOp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

And we'll tell the difference how?
"Although no specific plans have been made, executives within Microsoft are examining whether it makes sense to release ad-supported versions of products such as Works, Money, or even the Windows operating system itself, according to internal documents seen by CNET News.com." http://news.com.com/Microsoft+eyes+making+desktop+apps+free/2100-1014_3-5951569.html?part=rss&tag=5951569&subj=news ...

Graphics and attached file in e-mail activity / quick campaigns e-mails
Hi. We have migrated from Siebel to MS CRM 4.0. We are happy with the decision, but very disappointed by the default options on e-mails, especially e-mails in quick campaigns: - Graphics cannot be inserted, e.g. a company logo - A file, e.g. a PDF, cannot be attached Can anyone help with a workaround, or any tips on a third party add-on / tool that can expand the functionality in CRM? We have tried deferent workarounds: - Export the targets e-mail addresses to Excel. Design the e-mail in Word, and send the e-mails from Word via the Excel list merge. That solves the graphics issue, but...

custom header date formats
How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the date to display in a specific format (ex: MMDDYY or MMDDYYYY) Thanks! Ron --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use something like: & TEXT(Today(),"d-mmm-yy") HTH Otto "Ron777 >" <<Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Ron777.102ysm@excelforum-nospam.com... > How can I set the date format on a custom header? I know I can use > &[date] to insert the date...the problem is I want the...

RUS does not allow mail boxes to be opened
When creating new user/mail box in AD on our Exchange 2000 server, the RUS generates a smtp address, but when user logs on Outlook reports 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders, you do not have permission to logon'. We have checked ADSI and the setting 'msExchUsserAccountControl' has a value of 'not set'. If you change this to '0', then the mailbox can be opened. Why is RUS not setting this value? We have tried creating new RUS and recepient policy and this does not make any difference. The user has permission to open his own mailbox. We have tried ...

Display different outgoing mail domain
We have purchased a domain name that we would like to use for our email. ie we use Stargate as a mail provider, but we want our outgoing mail to show person@companydomain.com instead of person@stargate.net. You could do this in previous versions of Outlook (tell it how to display outgoing email address), but I can't figure out how to do this in 2002 Outlook. Does anyone know if this can be done? ...

Can't Click on Links in E-mail Messages
Starting today, whenever I click on a link in an e-mail message, the following box pops up: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator. Does anyone know why this is happening, and what I can do to fix it so that I can click on links? -- Brett Hi Brett, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and this should resolve your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;307818 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE,...

Only Running New Email Noficication
How do I receive new email notifications in the windows notification area without having the full Outlook 2002 program running all the time? (and thus using up valuable resources? We have an exchange server and are not on the same active directory as the server. Thank you for any help! ...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

How to AUTOMATICALLY reconnect clients on Server after disconnecti
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have developed a server-client app. Only about 10 clients connected to the Server. Recently, in a week the server has been error 2-3 times. I still don't know what caused it. The error was runtime error like other windows app error which is ended by the dialog of "Send" or "Don't Send" to Microsoft. After it error, an application restarting will make it normal. At that time, I need to re-connect all previously connected clients. Is it possible to be done on the server side only? I use the NDK 2.0 class from the codeproject here:...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

*** HOT --- NEW VIRUS ALERT ****
Has anyone seen a new virus going around. We are seeing an email with a zip file that is labeled price.zip or newprice.zip or 08_price.zip or price_new.zip. Within the zip file is a html file called price.html and a folder called price with an executable of price.exe. This thing has it's own SMTP engine and is starting havoc on our network. ANYONE SEEN THIS OR KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT? for the time being, you might want to block zip files from coming in...sounds like a bagle variation...see here: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_127423.htm "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbroug...

Different timezones in Calendars?
Hello, I wonder whether it is possible to define Calendars using different timezones in Exchange public folders? /Regards Anders On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:54:23 +0200, "Anders Biro" <anders.biro@remove.ascade.se> wrote: >Hello, I wonder whether it is possible to define Calendars using different >timezones in Exchange public folders? > > /Regards Anders > If you right cli...

Sendinf personalised mails to a group using Outlook
Hi All, I would like to know how to send personalised mails to a group (keeping the groups in bcc) using outlook 2003/2007. Please share your thoughts. regards, Jaseel You have stated contradictory points. BCC does not "personalise" it just hides the recipient list. If you want to personalise, ie use data fields like first_name and last_name, you need to do a mailmerge to email. There are many posts here on how to do that. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Jassy" <Jassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...