need to retrieve recently deleted email in live mail

How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be read?

Open the "Deleted Items" folder under the affected account.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"manspirit1" <manspirit1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be
> read?

0
Dave
5/11/2010 7:50:30 PM
If it is(was) a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com) using Pop3  and the message is not in your account Deleted
Items folder...go to mail.live.com and look in the web Deleted folder.

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"manspirit1" <manspirit1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA3249CE-C52E-4F47-AD4A-F633E1A06D1A@microsoft.com...
> How can I retrieve mail that was accidentally deleted before it could be read?

0
winston

Need ShowWindow twice
I create a modeless dialog that starts off invisible (ie, the WS_VISIBLE flag isn't set). At some point, the user makes a selection and I call: myModelessDlg->ShowWindow( SW_SHOWNORMAL ); on it. But I've run into a situation where it seems like the first time I want it to show up, I need to call ShowWindow twice. Both calls return 0 saying it was not currently visible, but the second one always makes it show up. Any ideas on why this might be true? A co-worker said he had noticed in the past that often, the first ShowWindow call would just do whatever the default creation wa...

unblocking email
I am having a problem with our Exchange 2003 SP2 installation. It is part of Small Business Server 2003. Exchange has worked great for 2 years; but, we've upgraded our POS software and the new POS has the ability to email confirmation letters. (We are a hotel btw) What I have done is: Create a user in SBS called Reservations Enabled relay for the Reservations account Entered the outgoing email server You should also know that our servers network address ends in .local. There is no outward facing web presence on this server. Up until now, Exchange has been purely for internal use. I'm ...

where does microsoft mail export mail messages to?
Just purchased a new computer & have been using Outloog Express 6.0 on my old computer. New computer has Outlook 2007. I just exported my outlook express mail in windows mail so I could have it in Outlook 2007. Where does it get exported to? How can I find it? Outlook has to be setup / configured & working, before in Mail you Export msgs to 'Exchange' (Close outlook before doing the Mail export) "tcubbedge" <tcubbedge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C4208DB-021E-4FDD-8FEF-6B1B8F2B5880@microsoft.com... > Just purchased a new computer &...

Outlook 2007 can't send mail
Occasionally, I have problems sending mail from Outlook 2007 but no problem receiving email. How do I fix this problem? It hampers me when I work remotely. Background: Outlook 2007 is configured with 2 email accounts from the same ISP on a laptop running Vista. While at home, I never have a problem sending or receiving email. I use the laptop on a number of wireless networks but occasionally have problems sending mail (but no problem receiving). As I will be working at this location for the next few weeks and I can't send mail, I need to resolve this issue. This issue also o...

Email addresses and scrolling problems
Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 Outlook refuses to send some emails - but I have not been able to repro the problem - it appears to be random. When you reply to an email, Outlook will fill in the too address such as Some Name <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> That normally works OK but sometimes it will refuse to send the email - it just stays in the out basket. So you need to manually edit the To address to <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> ie - you need to remove the name prefix in order to get it to work. The email address is perfectly good - it just won't send the email. Of course,...

how to delete source file?
An excel spreadsheet links to another excel file. However Iwant to remove this link completely since the file does not exist anymore. How do I remove it? I know that by going into the spread sheet and doing a find ! I get all the cells that call to this external file. If I delete them all (and there are lots) will I still get the prompt when opening the spreadsheet that it can't find this source File? How shall I best handle this situation? Can I simply remove the source link somehow? I don't get that option (rather, open source, change source). TIA, Brad Try this, Brad: ht...

Forwarding Multiple Emails to AOL
I have about 2,400 email messages saved on Outlook that I need to transfer to an AOL Email account. How can I do this without emailing each individually? "awerhun" <awerhun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B78760-FADA-47C9-BF21-1597E345CF71@microsoft.com... >I have about 2,400 email messages saved on Outlook that I need to transfer to > an AOL Email account. How can I do this without emailing each individually? Simply create your AOL account in Outlook, then drag the messages to the AOL folders. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] O...

Multiple emails
I have a customer who, who has 5 PC's on their network - they are using Exchange 2003 Small Business and Outlook 2000 clients. Whenever an external mail sender sends and email anc copys 2 or more people each person will recieve more than 1 email. e.g. an email is sent to 3 people, each person will receive 3 copies of that mail Any Ideas Your help is greatly appreciated ...

Windows Live Mail problems 07-16-10
Hi Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one folder (In, Out, Delete etc). I have gone to Select Quick Views, but this doesn't work well, as I have many email account.s ALso Anyone know how I can get Windows Live Mail to keep the position of folders. Every time I move StorageFolders to the top, it gets put back to the bottom again. Many Thanks "t8769" <t8769@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:DD104989-7E15-46F6-9E2C-618D43DFE1A0@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to get all the emails to be put in one fold...

NNTP Bridge to Live Mail
Is there a Microsoft Forum for Live Mail that is accessible via Microsoft's NNTP Bridge? Thank you. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0092_01CAEF4D.76209ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable all I see is 2 in french mikeyhsd@hotmail.com "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message = news:OOpPwY37KHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... Is there a Microsoft Forum for Live Mail that is accessible via = Microsoft's=20 NNTP Bridg...

Outlook will not save the e-mail password
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. See if this helps - For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://su...

marking forwarded emails as forwarded
I have an exchange 5.5 server that forwards emails for some users to their aol or other internet accounts. Occasionally spam emails also get forwarded to these third party accounts. This of course results in the user marking them as spam and then our company's email server getting flagged or blacklisted as a spammer to AOL or other email servers. Is there a way to setup forwarding in Exchange 5.5 to mark the subject as a forwarded message, ie. "FORWARED from xyz corporation" so that people would know not to mark it as spam? ...

Add-on Mail Policy
Hello: Does any add-on exchange tools that can do the automatic mail forward with inbound and outbound between local and internet mail? Thanks a lot! ...

Emptying Deleted Items deletes other messages
After receiving new email and deleting some of them, which moves them to the deleted folder, I right click on the deleted items folder. I select 'empty deleted items folder' and sure enough the items in the folder are removed but so are any new items that I left in the in-box. This cannot be how this is supposed to work. Any ideas? I am using 6.0.6000,16386 under Vista. Igos Are you sure they're being deleted and not hidden? While viewing in the Inbox: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Need Help Creating Uniform Time Distrobution on Y-Axis
I am graphing call center times and I want the y-axis to have unifor time distributions. Right now the points of time on the y-axis are 0 14:24, 28:48, 43:12, 57:36, 72:00 and 86:24. I would like for it be 0 10:00, 20:00, 30:00, 40:00, 50:00, 60:00. I have played around wit the axis scale with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps you are using a Line chart when an XY chart in needed. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "penroma >" <<penroma.11qhdb@excelforum-n...

some emails are not seen when connecting to another inbox
hello community, I see all my emails, but if our secretary makes a connection to my email-box than certain emails are not seen by her, although she has full access to my inbox. this happens to only a few messages, but till she did not see and recon. them its a problem. If anyone have an idea please let me know. regards enrique Are those emails "private"? -- I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." ...

Need some formula advice for two part problem
I hope someone can help me out with this problem ? I want to place a date in a block when another block reads 100%. say block B4 reads 100%, I want to place a date in D4 to represent when (Days360) that block (B4) reached 100%. Hope someone can help, thanks. Mr. Goodbred Benjamin Goodbred, I came up with this solution: Format cell B4 as percent, D4 as Date 3/14/01. In cell D4 type formula: "=IF(B4=100%,NOW(),"")" do not add the first " or the last " The cell D4 will remain empty("") until B4 is equal to 100%. hth "BENJAMIN GOODBRED" w...

WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE
WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE - WE NEED MS OFFICE, WINDOWS, SERVER as well as ADOBE, SYMANTEC & OTHERS WE BUY used, new and refurbed Sun, Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Alcatel, 3com, IBM, HP, Compaq, Dell, Madge, Cabletron, Juniper Networks, Bintec, Siemens, Foundry, Networks, Extreme Networks, Fore/Marconi, Tellabs Lucent/Avaya/Ascend, Xylogics, Brocade, Intel, Motorola, Nokia VPN/Firewall, Netscreen, Microsoft Adobe, Corel, Intuit, Macromedia, Symantec, McAfee etc... Email BUYONET@HOTMAIL.COM with any of the above that you wish to sell. LOOK BELOW FOR ALL WANT TO BUY LISTINGS... WE ARE BUYING WI...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Deleting vacuous headers
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP Pro. I have a weird problem. I set Outlook to only retrieve the headers of messages over 100 k. At one point, one of my e-mail accounts servers crashed and all the messages on the server were deleted, and cannot be retrieved. Now I have two headers in my inbox that will not go away! I have tried setting them to retrieve the (non-existent) messages -- nothing. I have set them to delete the (non-existent) messages -- nothing. I cannot delete them, I cannot archive them, I cannot move them to an unused folder. They just sit there staring me in the face eve...

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

deleting every second row
I have several thousand rows and need to delete every second and third row based on no other criteria- just by second and third row More info.... I need to import an old dataset into a data analysis program. It is a three card format. I only need the first row and the second and third are screwing everything up. Shawn, Here's a solution. Make sure you save your data before running Sub DeleteRows() Dim cLastRow As Long Dim i As Long With ActiveSheet cLastRow = .Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If cLastRow Mod 3 = 1 Then cLastRow = cLastRow +...

email address withour hyperlink
How can I enter an email address into an Excel spreadsheet and stop it becoming automatically hyperlinked? Robin Chapple See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html In article <c5rm639fr11587l6jpng8iq9bkkgdr5qdq@4ax.com>, Robin Chapple <robinski@westnet.com.au> wrote: > How can I enter an email address into an Excel spreadsheet and stop > it becoming automatically hyperlinked? > > Robin Chapple Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. Uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Su...

How do I restore a personal folder that I have deleted
I have managed to delete my personal folder in Outlook, how do I retore it? Deleted it from your harddisk or just lost the connection to it in Outlook. If you only lost the connection use File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... to connect to it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rich A" <Rich A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08EFC592-5E8A-49D6-A246-04D671D979A2@microsoft.com... >I have managed to delete ...

Attach all files in directory to email?
Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular extension to an email? How could this be done? "PAkerly" <pakerly@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60dc06b6-6c7c-488a-8ac5-edb19784cffe@r14g2000vbc.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to use VBScript to attach all files with a particular > extension to an email? > > How could this be done? Use the File System Object to pick up the names of all files with the desired extension, then use the script below to generate the mail message. You need to inlcude one .AddAttachment li...