My synchronized emails disappeared after adding a new account

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0

Hi,

I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local =
machine, meaning all messages not only the headers.
After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer =
and they were all there.
I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just =
logged in it.

To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail =
one, I could not see any content in those folders.
I saved the login info when I created first time the account, so I would =
expect that once I click in any folder of these accounts to see their =
content.
I went to that upper, right box which allow me to sign with another MSN =
id and I logged with the initial Hotmail account; still I could not see =
any of the messages.

Can someone help me finding what really happened?
I hope Microsoft is not using the same mail file storage for different =
accounts, because that it will delete the content of the first created =
account.
I am using Win 7 Home Premium.

Thank you,
Alex

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16625"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I created first an account and I =
synchronized=20
everything on my local machine, meaning all messages not only the=20
headers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>After doing this I checked if those=20
messages&nbsp;were in my local computer and they were all =
there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I added a new live account and I did =
not even=20
synchronized it. Just logged in it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>To my surprise when I clicked on the =
first account=20
which was a Hotmail one, I could not see any content in those=20
folders.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I saved the login info when I created =
first time=20
the account, so I would expect that once I click in any folder of these =
accounts=20
to see their content.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I went to that upper, right box which =
allow me to=20
sign with another MSN id and I logged with the initial Hotmail account; =
still I=20
could not see any of the messages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Can someone help me finding what really =

happened?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I hope Microsoft is not using the same =
mail file=20
storage for different accounts, because that it will delete the content =
of the=20
first created account.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I am using Win 7 Home =
Premium.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thank you,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Alex</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01CB5135.56C7EAD0--

0
Alex

The login next to the Close X has nothing to do with downloading or sending
emails.
The login is for Live services, contacts, calendar, and photo upload.

I can't tell if you have added two email accounts or two Live IDs.

Is the folder view set to show all messages?
What version are you using?

-- Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Alex" <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
[...]

Ron
9/11/2010 2:10:48 AM
Esta � uma mensagem em v�rias partes no formato MIME.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB514E.5B28A380

  "Alex" <someone@mydomain.com> escreveu na not=EDcia da =
mensagem:69B28BBA-D68E-4997-8B1F-A4EB2348CA1A@microsoft.com...
[...]

<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16385"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"=20
dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV>"Alex" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:someone@mydomain.com&#10;CTRL + Clique para seguir o =
link"=20
  href=3D"mailto:someone@mydomain.com">someone@mydomain.com</A>&gt; =
escreveu na=20
  not=EDcia da=20
mensagem:69B28BBA-D68E-4997-8B1F-A4EB2348CA1A@microsoft.com...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I created first an account and I =
synchronized=20
  everything on my local machine, meaning all messages not only the=20
  headers.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>After doing this I checked if those=20
  messages&nbsp;were in my local computer and they were all =
there.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I added a new live account and I did =
not even=20
  synchronized it. Just logged in it.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>To my surprise when I clicked on the =
first=20
  account which was a Hotmail one, I could not see any content in those=20
  folders.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I saved the login info when I created =
first time=20
  the account, so I would expect that once I click in any folder of =
these=20
  accounts to see their content.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I went to that upper, right box which =
allow me to=20
  sign with another MSN id and I logged with the initial Hotmail =
account; still=20
  I could not see any of the messages.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Can someone help me finding what =
really=20
  happened?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I hope Microsoft is not using the =
same mail file=20
  storage for different accounts, because that it will delete the =
content of the=20
  first created account.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I am using Win 7 Home =
Premium.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thank you,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Alex</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB514E.5B28A380--

0
Rodrigo
9/11/2010 4:12:07 AM
Hi Ron,

I use Win 7 Home Premium with the latest Mail Live client.
The first added account was a Hotmail one, the second one was a Live
account.
I synced all emails from Hotmail to the local computer (not only the headers
I meant.)
I disconnected the email client from server and checked if the emails were
on local computer. They all were on the local computer.
Once this checked I deleted all emails from the Hotmail account and closed
the Hotmail account.
After this we added the Live account to the email client. All went well so
far.
But once I clicked in the Hotmail email address to check the email again if
they were there "all folders were empty".

I will appreciate if you could help me with this issue.
We have so many emails there we wouldn't want loose.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> The login next to the Close X has nothing to do with downloading or
> sending emails.
> The login is for Live services, contacts, calendar, and photo upload.
>
> I can't tell if you have added two email accounts or two Live IDs.
>
> Is the folder view set to show all messages?
> What version are you using?
>
> -- Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Alex" <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local
> machine, meaning all messages not only the headers.
> After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer and
> they were all there.
> I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just logged
> in it.
>
> To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail
> one, I could not see any content in those folders.
> I saved the login info when I created first time the account, so I would
> expect that once I click in any folder of these accounts to see their
> content.
> I went to that upper, right box which allow me to sign with another MSN id
> and I logged with the initial Hotmail account; still I could not see any
> of the messages.
>
> Can someone help me finding what really happened?
> I hope Microsoft is not using the same mail file storage for different
> accounts, because that it will delete the content of the first created
> account.
> I am using Win 7 Home Premium.
>

> Thank you,
> Alex

0
Alex
9/12/2010 5:14:52 PM
?
"I deleted all emails from the Hotmail account and closed
the Hotmail account."
and then...
"I clicked in the Hotmail email address to check the email again if
they were there "all folders were empty"

If setup as Http, deletion of emails locally will delete the mails on the Hotmail server. The next sync will ensure that local deletion deletes those on the server too.

If setup as Pop3, a copy of emails will be downloaded into WLM and will also instruct the server to move the original messages on the server Inbox to the server deleted folder and purged within 5 days.  If using pop3, logon at mail.live.com and check the Deleted folder. If more than 5 days, they are gone.

For additional support on recovering messages for a Hotmail account, seek assistance in the Windows Live Solution Center since only Microsoft support personnel have access to your account and the ability to restore deleted messages.
1.Windows Live Hotmail Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Hotmail
   http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Forums
   http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1
Windows Live Hotmail Solutions
   http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1

2. Windows Live ID Support
Windows Live Solution Center for Windows Live ID
Windows Live ID Portal Home Page
   http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Forums
   http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=10
Windows Live ID Solutions
   http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=10

For 1 and/or 2...
If a solution is not available in the Forums/Solutions area then click 'Ask A Question'
- requires sign on with your Windows Live ID, registration, and creation of a username
- Live ID username is **Not** visible to the public

--
....winston
ms-mvp mail

"Alex"  wrote in message news:uIwKT4pULHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Hi Ron,

I use Win 7 Home Premium with the latest Mail Live client.
The first added account was a Hotmail one, the second one was a Live
account.
I synced all emails from Hotmail to the local computer (not only the headers
I meant.)
I disconnected the email client from server and checked if the emails were
on local computer. They all were on the local computer.
Once this checked I deleted all emails from the Hotmail account and closed
the Hotmail account.
After this we added the Live account to the email client. All went well so
far.
But once I clicked in the Hotmail email address to check the email again if
they were there "all folders were empty".

I will appreciate if you could help me with this issue.
We have so many emails there we wouldn't want loose.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> The login next to the Close X has nothing to do with downloading or
> sending emails.
> The login is for Live services, contacts, calendar, and photo upload.
>
> I can't tell if you have added two email accounts or two Live IDs.
>
> Is the folder view set to show all messages?
> What version are you using?
>
> -- Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Alex" <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local
> machine, meaning all messages not only the headers.
> After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer and
> they were all there.
> I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just logged
> in it.
>
> To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail
> one, I could not see any content in those folders.
> I saved the login info when I created first time the account, so I would
> expect that once I click in any folder of these accounts to see their
> content.
> I went to that upper, right box which allow me to sign with another MSN id
> and I logged with the initial Hotmail account; still I could not see any
> of the messages.
>
> Can someone help me finding what really happened?
> I hope Microsoft is not using the same mail file storage for different
> accounts, because that it will delete the content of the first created
> account.
> I am using Win 7 Home Premium.
>

> Thank you,
> Alex

0
winston
9/12/2010 6:03:04 PM
You missed a step.
Add Hotmail account to WLM
Sync
*Right click the account, Properties, uncheck Include this account.....*

Without unchecking Include this account...., WLM tried to sync with the
empty folders in Hotmail.  Unless you did a backup, the emails are gone.
You can try using a program like Recuva, but I have only seen it mentioned
and don't know how successful it was.

-- Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"Alex"  wrote in message news:uIwKT4pULHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

Hi Ron,

I use Win 7 Home Premium with the latest Mail Live client.
The first added account was a Hotmail one, the second one was a Live
account.
I synced all emails from Hotmail to the local computer (not only the headers
I meant.)
I disconnected the email client from server and checked if the emails were
on local computer. They all were on the local computer.
Once this checked I deleted all emails from the Hotmail account and closed
the Hotmail account.
After this we added the Live account to the email client. All went well so
far.
But once I clicked in the Hotmail email address to check the email again if
they were there "all folders were empty".

I will appreciate if you could help me with this issue.
We have so many emails there we wouldn't want loose.

Thanks a lot,
Alex

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> The login next to the Close X has nothing to do with downloading or
> sending emails.
> The login is for Live services, contacts, calendar, and photo upload.
>
> I can't tell if you have added two email accounts or two Live IDs.
>
> Is the folder view set to show all messages?
> What version are you using?
>
> -- Ron Sommer
> MS MVP- Windows Live Mail
>
> "Alex" <someone@mydomain.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I created first an account and I synchronized everything on my local
> machine, meaning all messages not only the headers.
> After doing this I checked if those messages were in my local computer and
> they were all there.
> I added a new live account and I did not even synchronized it. Just logged
> in it.
>
> To my surprise when I clicked on the first account which was a Hotmail
> one, I could not see any content in those folders.
> I saved the login info when I created first time the account, so I would
> expect that once I click in any folder of these accounts to see their
> content.
> I went to that upper, right box which allow me to sign with another MSN id
> and I logged with the initial Hotmail account; still I could not see any
> of the messages.
>
> Can someone help me finding what really happened?
> I hope Microsoft is not using the same mail file storage for different
> accounts, because that it will delete the content of the first created
> account.
> I am using Win 7 Home Premium.
>

> Thank you,
> Alex

0
Ron

Emailing a Report
Hi all, I have a report that opens showing all incomplete records. Now I need to have the ability to email that form using Outlook. Is there a simple template, etc. somewhere that shows how to? TIA The code is relatively simple, you can look up: SendObject in the helpfiles, or use the example of my code using: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/EmailSenate2K.zip Another example showing how to use Outlook automatic is also at my website: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com ...

Adding Context Menu (right click) Options
Hello, I try to add a context menu to an excel sheet. The problem is that I can not identify the current commandbar as it seems that this commandbar is different wether you are in "normal view" or - and that is the problem here - you are in "page Break Preview". If the sheet is in the normal view the following code works fine, but not if I am in the "page Break Preview" Mode. I assume the commandbar will even change if I have a comment in the cell or not and so on ... Is there a way to identify the commandbar that will pop up after the "BeforeRightClick&quo...

new datefunction
hi can anyone help me with this. i need a function that gives me the following: year, weeknr, day of week in the format yyyywwdd best regards /jock -- jock ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jocke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=76 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31426 Hi you may try =TEXT(A1,"YYYY") & TEXT(WEEKNUM(A1),"00") & TEXT(A1,"dd") "jocke" wrote: > > hi can anyone help me with this. > i need a function ...

Saving emails as an HTML file
Outlook allows you to save outgoing emails that you're composing as an HTML file using the Save As function. That file (characterized by an .htm extension) can later be imported into other email programs in order to send the message out with the desired Rich Text or other HTML content. I use a dedicated emailing program (MailThem Pro) to send out my emails one at a time to all the people on my mailing list. That program requires an HTML file for it to properly format the email in Rich Text before sending it out. So I compose the emails in Outlook in HTML format (as opposed to Plai...

Remote office users are experiencing delay in retrieving email
I had placed a question last week on a similar topic. Here's my scenario. I have an office in New Orleans and an office in Houston. My New Orleans office has an NT 4.0/Exchange 5.5 server that has about 30 mailboxes on it right now. They also use OWA for access to their email through the internet. My Houston office has a Windows Server 2003 DC without Exchange on it. The two networks are connected via VPN. One of my users has big files that he receives in his email which causes delays while he is viewing the different folders in his Outlook 2003 client. We want to prevent the...

Not recieving email; Possible loop with virtual SMTP?
We seem to have an issue with getting outside email. We had a vendor stating they sent some mail earlier this week- but we never got it. I went to a webmail account and tried to email my internal company address and have not recieved it yet. I noticed on the exchange server Event ID 3017. A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.3.5 was generated for recipient rfc822;username@notourdomain.org (Message-ID <87DC2EAA1613A34C9FB3A3940CF3A8C91BA2CA@ourdomainname>). Causes: A looping condition was detected. (The server is configured to route mail back to itself). If you have m...

Printing a selection of an email
I suspect this is an old Outlook 2007 , Windows 7 question. Suppose I wish to print a selected portion of an email message in Outlook 2007. In either Outlook Express or Outlook 2003 al I do is open the message, highlight the desired selection, then click File | Print | Selection. But in Outlook 2007, when I select a message, and click File | Print, the Print Selection is not present, or possibly hidden elsewhere. I can either print the entire email, or selected entire pages. So in the new improved Outlook 2007, what=92s the correct procedure to print a desired selection? P...

Kenneth Cole New York Women's Classic Metropolitan Collection Leather Watch #KC2504
Price:$95.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001BFR286 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001BFR286 This watch is nice, except that the leather band is a little stiff. I'm hoping it will become more flexible over time. Besides that, I like it a great deal. It has a large face that is easy to read. Featuring a round dial rimmed with sparkling Swarovski crystals, this lovely and feminine watch #KC2504 from Kenneth Cole New York's Metropolitan collection offers the precision of quartz movement and water resistance to 99 feet. A striking white dia...

Problem when receiving emails sent to multiple email domains
Hello everyone, My client has Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 Standard server. They host two email domains on this server. the problem I am having is this. There are a couple senders who send emails to a recipient in one of the email domains with a CC to a recipient of the other email domain. The one that is CC'd receives the email fine but the original recipient does not. I have run some tests by sending emails the same way but cannot replicate the problem. Also, it doesn't happen every time they send a message to the two recipients. Any help woul...

Force choice of account when creating a new message? OL2002
I deal with a number of email accounts. I would somehow like the system to prompt for the sending account at the time of message creation. I do not want a default account for sending. Is this possible? Thanks! -- Hi, You can select which account you want to Send from, look at the following help topic from Outlook 2003 Help: Specify which e-mail account to use to send a message If you have set up multiple e-mail accounts (e-mail account: The server name, user name, password, and e-mail address used by Outlook to connect to an e-mail service. You create the e-mail account in ...

Cannot delete email from inbox
Just had my new Windows 7 installed on my new computer. Email works fine in sending and receiving but it will not delete the email unless I hit move to folder/deleted folder. This is cumbersome with a lot of email to delete. I have highlighted the mail, rt clicked and hit delete and just tried with the delete key on the menu bar and nothing works but moving it to a folder. What kind of mail account is this? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? If IMAP, see the settings at Tools, Options, Advanced, including the Maintenance button there. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us &quo...

adding next years value
i would like to add all the values in month of january of 2010 in colume D. i am using formula as follows but does not add. =sumproduct(d10:d100,--(month(b10:b100)=month(now())+2,--(year(b10:b100)= year(now())+1)) colume B contains a dates and colume D cotains value. Thank you. Are you really asking to sum the values for dates two months from now? So on Jan 13, I'd want March -- of the same year? if yes: =sumproduct(d10:d100, --(text(b1:b10,"yyyymm") =text(date(year(today()),month(today())+2,1),"yyyymm"))) tl...

Convert an Email into a Task
Hi All, When I receive an email, can I also convert it into a task? If yes - how? Thanks, Naama No, but there are 3rd-party add-ons that will let you convert emails into activities. Take a look at www.c360.com... -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Naama" wrote: > Hi All, > > When I receive an email, can I also convert it into a task? > If yes - how? > > Thanks, > Naama > > Thanks! ...

Setting up new email account
I have made several attempts to add and email address through Windows Mail. I have followed all of the instructions to the letter and keep getting the same error message. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E That server doesn't use port 110. Also it requires SSL. Please use the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP ser...

Unexplained email attachment
A person (using outlook 2000) in my company is having a problem sending a email to a friend on a AOL account it always returns undeliverable. She recalled a email to this AOL account before it sent a undeliverable notice and when she received the recall message with attachment a portion of MY email that I sent to my sisterwas in plain text on on her recall attachment. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? We are using Exchange 2003. This is what it looked like. I used X's to conceal email addresses and names. Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx would like to recall the message, "Hello!". cVw...

Access 2000
I created a form from two different tables, but neglected to include two fields that are necessary. Thus, those two fields are not in the fields list. How do I add those two fields? I have seen advice that says use the Properties for the form, in the Data tab, but unfortunately the data tab for this form is absolutely blank. I cannot see any way to modify the query that created the fields list for this form. Access 2000 is the only version of Access that I have, if this is a problem with Access 2000 vice a later version. Hi You want to go to the query tab. Click on the...

Balancing account-making it easier
When balancing accounts, Microsoft removed the "number of item cleared" and "Amount of items cleared" a couple of versions ago. This makes reconciling with a bank statement immensely easier. There is plenty of room on the screen for this. PLEASE PUT IT BACK!!! This is so is so irritating, the loss of this feature has almost pushed me to Quicken (even though I have been a MSMoney users since Windows 3.1). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &qu...

Exchange 2003
In 5.5, when a user besides the primary opened a mailbox, it created an event log entry. In 200, the only way I could get this event was to audit all successful mailbox logons. Now I'm on 2003, and I have the same question. Certain executives want us to be able to tell them who and when has accessed their mailbox. I realize that it is someone who was explicitly given permission, but they still like to know. Is there any way in Exchange 2003 to create an event log entry when a non primary account opens a box? I don't want to create one every time any user opens the box, just some...

Outlook quits responding on opening new item
I cannot open a new or existing email, contact or calendar item. I can access email by using the "View>Preview Pane" or by utilizing the reply of forward options and then completely editing the existing message and address. This then allows me to do any of the mail functions. If I try to open a new email, contact or to edit an event ort appointment Outlook simply stops running and I eventually get a tag on the top menu bar "Microsoft Outlook - Not responding I have upgrqded to Office and Windows XP from Office 2000 and Windoiws Me after this started. My assumption i...

emails disappearing #2
3 outlook 2003 machines, all using pop3 accounts. On all the machines, emails come in during the day; sometimes a random email message disappears leaving no trace of ever being in the inbox. They do not get sent to the junk mail, or deleted items, they just disappear. Anyone have any idea why? Are you using an anti-virus email scanner? "lrbtav" <lrbtav@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181247463.301570.28840@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... |3 outlook 2003 machines, all using pop3 accounts. On all the machines, | emails come in during the day; sometimes a random email message...

VS.NET2003
Hi, in VC++6 CTRL+N was a very fast way to add a new source file into the project. It seems to me that in VS.NET2003 CTRL+N has a different behaviour (it creates the blank source file, but it doesn't add it to the project). Do you know a way to come back to good old VC6 CTRL+N behaviour? ....Maybe there is a way to use some scripting code with VS.NET2003 to implement the old VC6 behaviour? Thanks MrAsm > in VC++6 CTRL+N was a very fast way to add a new source file into the > project. > > It seems to me that in VS.NET2003 CTRL+N has a different behaviour (it > creates th...

Exchange 2003 stops receiving email, but can send just fine. big e
My E2k3 SP1 has been working great for 18 months handling 15 000 pieces of mail a day with no worries. Over the last 2 weeks something has changed and I can’t track down what. The server will send out all email but will not deliver any mail to the internal users. The messages sit in a queue called “messages awaiting directory lookup”. The Server is using 2 internal DNS servers which are the 2 local DC’s. I have 2 DC’s on the exchange site, one is a GC the other is not. I have run Dcdiag and it found no errors. The server is a 2.4 zeon with 3 GB RAM. The store is on 5 GB. The only thin...

When I right Click on a message, I need a NEW message
When I right click on a message, a menu pops out. I need to send a new email to that contact. Reply will insert the old message. I don't need the old message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.m...

how to recover email if missing message when using rule to move from exchange server to 2003 pst
i created a rule to moving all incoming email from exchange server to a specific folder of 2003 pst. And it works fine but only on yesterday it ate up all incoming email & can't find in the specific folder. Right now it works again but how to find out my missing messages as they have already removed from server. TIA BTW, i tried to use Scanpst of Outlook2003 & some other Outlook recovery program but can't find the missing unread messages. Practically, I saw the unread emails were receiving from my server mailbox under my Outlook2003 & seems moving to 2003 .PST. Af...

I don't want Outlook to automatically check for new mail when it starts
(Outlook 2000) I've searched on everything I can think of in the knowledge base, Outlook help, and the advanced search on microsoft.com. All I want to do is change the most basic preference in any e-mail program: set it to NOT check for mail when it starts up. Dumbfounded and dazed... You've posted no information that would permit an answer. Post your mail account type, Connection type, and automatic polling settings. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve" <jillcoan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:368201c3e21c$719fde10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > (Outlook 200...