Multiple copies of emails being downloaded --Why??

I've just downloaded WLM and set it up.  I have two main email accounts.
Even though I've imported my old emails I am still getting all the emails
downloaded from the servers.  AND, I'm now getting 3 and 4 copies of all the
emails.  As I am restricted on my download capacity this is very aggravating.
 I want to keep copies of emails on the servers as I have several
devices/computers where I check email.

Is there a way to fix this?  How do I get WLM to only download 'New' emails
and not ones it's already downloaded or emails from 2007?  Thanks for your
help.

Eric

Have you interrupted the WLM process of downloading mails ?
 e.g. closed WLM and interrupted its ability to build its index
- doing so is indicated of duplicates

On a new install WLM performs two primary operations.
1. Migrate messages from your prior email client if WLM is installed on the same machine as the prior email client(e.g. XP/OE or
Vista/Windows Mail)
2. One time download of all messages available on the server(in all folders)

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"EricS" <EricS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C101A67C-DE02-439E-A705-315F5EEECC8D@microsoft.com...
> I've just downloaded WLM and set it up.  I have two main email accounts.
> Even though I've imported my old emails I am still getting all the emails
> downloaded from the servers.  AND, I'm now getting 3 and 4 copies of all the
> emails.  As I am restricted on my download capacity this is very aggravating.
> I want to keep copies of emails on the servers as I have several
> devices/computers where I check email.
>
> Is there a way to fix this?  How do I get WLM to only download 'New' emails
> and not ones it's already downloaded or emails from 2007?  Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Eric

0
winston
2/4/2010 6:06:11 AM
Yes, I have interrupted it.  That must be what's going on.  Is there any way
to bypass that process?  I don't need all the old stuff downloaded again.

Eric

> Yes, I have interrupted it.  That must be what's going on.  Is there any
> way
> to bypass that process?  I don't need all the old stuff downloaded again.
>
> Eric
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> Have you interrupted the WLM process of downloading mails ?
>>  e.g. closed WLM and interrupted its ability to build its index
>> - doing so is indicated of duplicates
>>

>> On a new install WLM performs two primary operations.
>> 1. Migrate messages from your prior email client if WLM is installed on
>> the same machine as the prior email client(e.g. XP/OE or
>> Vista/Windows Mail)
>> 2. One time download of all messages available on the server(in all
>> folders)

NO, just go ahead and let it download everything.  Then just delete what you
don't want.

--

Roy Smith
Windows 7 Home Premium

0
Roy
2/5/2010 1:28:07 AM
From WLM, no...
The only option would be if the messages didn't reside on the server and that, in your case, is not an option...

Interrupting the process can have other negative effects...especially since WLM will continue to try to complete the task..the
index constantly being rebuilt with repetitive and duplicate values, possibly corruption(from interruption, isp timeout, AV
interference[each download message is written as a separate file on your machine] etc..

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"EricS" <EricS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146873CF-DAD5-449A-9F9F-D7440FB35336@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I have interrupted it.  That must be what's going on.  Is there any way
> to bypass that process?  I don't need all the old stuff downloaded again.
>
> Eric
>
> "...winston" wrote:
>
>> Have you interrupted the WLM process of downloading mails ?
>>  e.g. closed WLM and interrupted its ability to build its index
>> - doing so is indicated of duplicates
>>

>> On a new install WLM performs two primary operations.
>> 1. Migrate messages from your prior email client if WLM is installed on the same machine as the prior email client(e.g. XP/OE or
>> Vista/Windows Mail)
>> 2. One time download of all messages available on the server(in all folders)
>>
>> --
>>   ...winston
>>   ms-mvp mail

0
winston

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

multiple email identities

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

no access to send internet email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...