Missing Message Text

Yesterday, Windows Live Mail started doing something strange. I type the
message, then press "send." The first lines of the message somehow are
removed. The recipient sees only part of the message and only part of the
message shows up in my sent messages folder. The first part is just gone.

Seems to be only on messages that are replies. Any ideas on what the problem
is, or how to correct it, would be appreciated.

Never heard of this . . . . . are you on version 14.0.8089.0726?
Regardless, try a reinstallation.

"DeVere" <DeVere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday, Windows Live Mail started doing something strange. I type the
> message, then press "send." The first lines of the message somehow are
> removed. The recipient sees only part of the message and only part of the
> message shows up in my sent messages folder. The first part is just gone.
>
> Seems to be only on messages that are replies. Any ideas on what the
> problem
> is, or how to correct it, would be appreciated.

0
slk759

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Mail go's to Badmail "This message does not have any recipients"
The problem I have is that email is being placed in the bad mail folder without an NDR. This email is send by our backup software ever night. When I check in the Bad mail dir the error listed is "This message does not have any recipients" Anyone have any ideas? ...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Formula argument based on text
Hi All, I have cells (A1:A10) populated with text ("Pass" or "Fail"). In cell (A11) I want to have a formula that returns the text: "pass" if all the cells (A1:A10) contain the text "pass" "fail" if any one of the cells (A1:A10) contains the text "fail". How would I write the formula to achieve this? Regards gregork In A11 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Fail")>0,"Fail","Pass") HTH "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:0RXSb.19911$ws.2664893@news02.tsnz.net... > ...

Send and receive message freeze...
When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? salernk@gmail.com <salernk@gmail.com> wrote: > When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on > freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program > for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? Corruption maybe?? Try launching Entourage pressing the option key down to rebuild your identity, Cor...

Error Messages That Seem Incorrect
I have the following two messages appearing: "Error. An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" and "An error occurred while trying to send the e-mail. Try again." The first happens when closing activities or qualifying leads to accounts and contacts. The second when sending CRM e-mail from Outlook. In both cases the activity had actually been completed successfuly. eg customer received the e-mail, new account/contact created or activity showing in history. My users are repeating the process because of the error message and w...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

how to script with user variables in outgoing messages
I want to know if its possible to do this. My company has changed its domain name, and the email addresses will now reflect this domain name. I want to know if its possible to script a notice that goes out with each message, saying that the new email address is now username@newdomain.com. We have an email disclaimer configured, and I was thinking we could script a note in this disclaimer text saying something like: My new email address is now: %username%@newdomain.com, this way, each user that sends a message, the script will append the username variable to domain name. Is something l...

shortcut ket to change formatting of text
hey, whats the shortcut key to change numbers to dates, and vice versa. cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! This may be the sort of thing you want: CTRL+SHIFT+# Apply the Date format with the day, month, and year. This is a quote from Excel Help ( use "Keyboard shortcuts" for th search) Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ctrl-1 will pop up the Format|cells dialog ctrl-~ (ctrl-tilde, aka ctrl-shift-backquote on my USA Keyboard) will format a cell as General ctrl-# (ctrl-shift-4) will format as d-mmm-yy Try searching excel's...

calendar missing
my live mail calendar has gone ! i can see it in hotmail but its gone from live mail , how do i get it back make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using to sign into Hotmail web -- naia i did that "naia" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:0c5f7a8e60fad776c277443857bacfe4@nntp-gateway.com... > > make sure that you sign into WLM using the -same- account you are using > to sign into Hotmail web > > > -- > naia Close Windows Live Mail Navigate(using Windows Explorer) to the Windows Liv...

sum numbers and ignore text
Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row of numbers and text and I need to sum the numbers only. How to do? a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 1 dnr 3 4 dnr total 8 thanks in anticipation ditchy Ditchy, a simple SUM formula will do it, since the SUM worksheet function ignores text values. So in your example, it's =SUM(A1:A5). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> wrote in message news:dda1ad29.0405221934.5787f60f@posting.google.com... > Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row...

Print preview background missing
I have View:Picture:Detailed Display selected. I have File:Print:Advanced Print Settings:Graphics and Fonts:Print full-resolution linked graphics selected. However, I only see my text, and no backgrounds or images in the Print Preview. What am I missing? Thanks! No doubt you are missing an updated video/graphics driver. See the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "7imothy" <7imothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8ADC93-F...

Message restrictions
Dear Sir or Madam, I have a huge number of employees; how can restrict them to send emails between them while i need some of them to send emails only to upper managers yours sincerely Upgrade your message system to Ex2k7. PL > Dear Sir or Madam, > > I have a huge number of employees; how can restrict them to send emails > between them while i need some of them to send emails only to upper managers > > yours sincerely > What version of Exchange are you running? You don't need Exchange 2007 to create a solution here. Exchange 2000/2003 can also be configured...

Error after attempting to send message OTL6
each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 the send and receive bar will proceed right to the end and immediately post following: unknown error protocal:SMTP, port:0, Secure(SSL):No Error Number OX800C0131 The new window: DIRECTDB.DLL HAS COMMITTED ERROR MSIMN WILL CLOSE NOW PROPERTIES OF DIRECTDB.DLL IS VERSION 6.0.2800.1106 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! waynedog_7@passport.com <waynedog@prodigy.net> wrote: > each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Remove Sync Issues / Server Failures message
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? ...

Typing text is impossibly slow in text boxes when in publishing layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever, is absolutely impossibly slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I have something set up wrong. If it remains this way I will not be able to work in this program. Apart from using Publishing Layout View, I suspect you are not doing anything wrong. Publishing Layout View requires very powerful hardware, and even then it tends to crash a lot. If I were you...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

selecting text in a document
Hi All, I have a macro that seeks out a particular string of text in a document and then moves down one line and selects the remaining text nin the document and writes it to a variable and then uses it subsequently in the message section of an email. Recently this method has been failing because the text is not being selected. I don't know if the PC was in EST mode a the time but I need the macro to work no matter what. The code I use is as follows Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.Execute "Issued at" Selection.MoveDown wdLine...

message display
a few of my outlook user are complaining that they are not getting there messages untill they click on an item in the outlook like a message that they have alreay or cal then all of there messages come at once.. thatnk for the help! ...

text import wizard #4
I'm migrating a huge database out of our current business software int new software. I'm exporting into an Excel file so I can adjust inf before mapping to the new software. I've got the import wizard figured out but I'd like to *use it within column* of info and not just to import a whole file. are the functionalities of the wizard available within a column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Many of the capabilities are available if you choose the Data/Text to Columns... command what exactly are you looking for? In article <philtyler.1a7i9n@excelforum...

Cells with same text but excel think it's different?
I have two cells with exacely the same text. but excel think it's different and not returning any value for my vlookup.. I used if statement and the result is showing the 2 cells are different. I checked format, space and even '. can someone please help? thanks. Do you have an 0 instead of a O? (Number zero, letter O) -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84F83A62-88D7-4292-9B2E-B8F34B737B48@mic...

My Dialog does not receive WM_TIMER messages.
Hello newsgroup, Apologies, if I ask a question that is already in the FAQ, but I couldn't get my hands on such a FAQ list (I couldn't find a free downloadable FAQ for MFC :-( I have a test dialog that should receive timer messages (I created a new dialog based project that displays a simple dialog). In OnInitDialog I added SetTimer (1, 1000, NULL); Then I added a response method for WM_TIMER via the class wizard: void CTestDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { ASSERT (nIDEvent == 1); static int Counter = 0; CString Message; Message.Format (_T("Counter = %i"), Counter...

Suggestion: Send message to all logged in users
I would like to see the ability to send a pop up message to all logged in users. This would be helpful when you need users to logout so you can troubleshoot, running a sql script, or whatever other administrative tasks where all users should be out. I don't have the option of implementing Messenger or any other communication tools - I'm the GP admin, not the network admin - and the postings are only relevant to logged in GP users anyway. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this sugg...

send message #2
i have a dialog created with this code CreateEx(0, NULL, NULL, WS_POPUP|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(pt,CSize(0,0)), pParentWnd, nID); CRect Rect2(10,85,80,110); m_Close.Create("Close",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect2,this,IDC_CLOSE); // button CRect Rect(120,85,190,110); m_Open.Create("Open",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_CENTER |BS_NOTIFY ,Rect,this,IDC_OPEN); // button when i click one of the two button i send message with this code TBNOTIFY mm; mm.hdr.code = NM_CLICK; mm.hdr.hwndFrom = m_hWnd; mm.hdr.idFrom = GetDlgCtrlID(); mm.iItem = 2; mm.cchText = 5...