missing file and save as options in live mail

Hi everyone        Running windows 7 on a new computer and trying to save an 
email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" or "save as" 
option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" options on my 
toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a seperate drive 
independent of a system backup.
0
Utf
12/31/2009 1:13:01 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

3 Replies
1229 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" 
function.

That problem is compounded by another quirk.  The Menu bar (File 
/ Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by 
default.

If the Menu bar is hidden, you can reveal it on a one-off 
function by pressing the Alt key. Then, click on File - which 
offers a "Save as" option.

If you prefer to display the Menu bar permanently, press the Alt 
and M keys together, followed by M.


"TomP" <TomP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:743F68FA-C33D-428F-A715-1C471917C6DA@microsoft.com...
> Hi everyone        Running windows 7 on a new computer and 
> trying to save an
> email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" 
> or "save as"
> option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" 
> options on my
> toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a 
> seperate drive
> independent of a system backup. 

0
Bob
12/31/2009 1:28:57 PM
Thank you spent hours looking and it was that easy.

"Bob Lucas" wrote:

> The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" 
> function.
> 
> That problem is compounded by another quirk.  The Menu bar (File 
> / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by 
> default.
> 
> If the Menu bar is hidden, you can reveal it on a one-off 
> function by pressing the Alt key. Then, click on File - which 
> offers a "Save as" option.
> 
> If you prefer to display the Menu bar permanently, press the Alt 
> and M keys together, followed by M.
> 
> 
> "TomP" <TomP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:743F68FA-C33D-428F-A715-1C471917C6DA@microsoft.com...
> > Hi everyone        Running windows 7 on a new computer and 
> > trying to save an
> > email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" 
> > or "save as"
> > option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" 
> > options on my
> > toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a 
> > seperate drive
> > independent of a system backup. 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
12/31/2009 2:25:01 PM
You're welcome

"TomP" <TomP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D393BA23-AD3E-438A-A8FC-059381B2BC1E@microsoft.com...
> Thank you spent hours looking and it was that easy.
>
> "Bob Lucas" wrote:
>
>> The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as"
>> function.
>>
>> That problem is compounded by another quirk.  The Menu bar 
>> (File
>> / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by
>> default.
>>
>> If the Menu bar is hidden, you can reveal it on a one-off
>> function by pressing the Alt key. Then, click on File - which
>> offers a "Save as" option.
>>
>> If you prefer to display the Menu bar permanently, press the 
>> Alt
>> and M keys together, followed by M.
>>
>>
>> "TomP" <TomP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:743F68FA-C33D-428F-A715-1C471917C6DA@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi everyone        Running windows 7 on a new computer and
>> > trying to save an
>> > email in live mail when i highlight message there is no 
>> > "file"
>> > or "save as"
>> > option given in my right click options menu. or "file" 
>> > "edit"
>> > options on my
>> > toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a
>> > seperate drive
>> > independent of a system backup.
>>
>> .
>> 
0
Bob
12/31/2009 4:49:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

Receiving Corrupt Mail (but only from one domain)
all, We have Exchange 2000 sp3 running on 2 boxes (Compaq Proliant win2k sp4). One server acts as the database server and the other as a connector server for lotus notes and sap interfaces. Our bridgehead is an Win2k sp4 Mailsweeper for SMTP 4.3_13 quarantine server. Mail comes in from mx record to bridgehead through quarantine rules and passed through to connector box and then on to local store on db box (bog standard stuff!). We receive mail o.k. from all domains except one. Our parent company is the only problem domain. They have basically the same setup as us and claim that no other domai...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

OT: managing file fragmentation on external USB backup drive (SBS2003)
Just wondering how others are managing file fragmentation on their external USB backup drives (SBS 2003)? I have two WD 500GB drives that i rotate weekly (each backup is around 55GB currently) but periodically the server will "freeze" during a backup (fans on, but no response at all) and requires a hard reboot to get going again. The first time it did it, i had no idea what caused it, but on subsequent occurrences I narrowed it down to the external hard drive itself - after the reboot, simply trying to access the drive via Windows Explorer on the server caused the se...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Appending XML to an existing XML file
Hey all, I've read a few articles about speed and XML processing - so I just want to make sure that I'm using the right strategy for what I want to achieve. I have an XML file that I'm appending to every time a user submits their information. Right now I'm using XMLDocument (Load and Save) in conjuncture with XmlElement objects. Is this the right approach or is there a faster approach? Thanks, Novice PS Here is a simplified version of what I'm doing: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); xdoc.Load("results.xml"); XmlNode node = xdoc.SelectSingleNode("...

How do I export .dba calendar files from a Palm Treo to Outlook?
Chapura won't do it. Something about a problem with calendar files. ...

rate of return for options "N/A"
I am using Money 2004 Deluxe. I sold some June call options months ago, the value of the call options have steadily dropped since then, which means profit in my favor, so Money has been correctly calculating the returns (annual, YTD, etc), up until Friday, when June options epxired. So on Friday, I entered a transaction for the call option to expire them, but now, under the returns, there is "N/A" displayed, so all the sudden Money can't calculate this anymore? ...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

Can't open files
Hello -- I'm sure this isn't the proper place to post my problem, but thought I'd start here anyways. Let me start off by saying that I'm extremely computer-stupid, so please forgive my ignorance. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate, and yahoo email. For some reason, I'm unable to open attachments that have been sent to me, and saved to my computer. PLEASE HLP!! These are important documents that I really need to access. Thanks for your help -- It's not very informative to say you are not able to open attachments. What happens when you try? Is ther...