Message Headers question

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/17/2010 9:06:55 PM
Thanks for that...yes done that - installed beta..still can't fathom out how
to change color etc of little arrow in the little box esp eg in Newsgroups?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)"  wrote in message

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John
7/18/2010 12:06:07 PM
Unread/Read status of a message is indicated by the bold/unbold font
used in the message list. The bolding effect is much more prominent in the
Wave 4 beta. As to the color of the little icon in the Subject column, the
only one I find significant is the magenta arrow used to indicate that the
message was replied to. There are no options to change the status icon
colors.

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#j#KbGnJLHA.4120@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

Thanks for that...yes done that - installed beta..still can't fathom out how
to change color etc of little arrow in the little box esp eg in Newsgroups?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)"  wrote in message

Upgrade to the newer beta:
http://www.windowslivepreview.com/essentials/

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#7pM9JeJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

How can I make the message headers display more prominent so that I can see
at a glance which headers have been viewed and which have not.
At the moment my display shows a small weak blue arrow in the box under the
Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/18/2010 3:23:31 PM
ok, thanks, j

[...]

Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
John
7/18/2010 4:58:02 PM
You're very welcome.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"John Smith"  wrote in message news:#v73jppJLHA.680@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

ok, thanks, j

[...]

Subject heading, this arrow turns grey when I've opened and closed the
message.
Thanks, John

0
Gary
7/18/2010 9:09:26 PM
>  As to the color of the little icon in the Subject column, the only one I
> find significant is the magenta arrow used to indicate that the message
> was replied to.

In both versions I rely on seeing the pushpin is blue instead of black/grey.
IMO it is not something that is immediately obvious; I had to train myself
to watch for it.    I agree though that in Wave 4 it isn't as necessary as
it was in the previous version because now the whole line is back to being
bold, not just the Author field, which was just silly and inadequate,
especially when the columns were reordered to give the Subject more
prominence than the From field.

---

0
Robert

Message Deklivery Failure NDR
Hey all, I am having an issue with one of my users mailbox, that is returning a NDR message when someone sends him a email. The user DOES recieve the emails but the NDR that comes back is saying that the message delivery failed due to the recipients email box is full. However the NDR message displays the recipient as a group not the actual users account??? The group that is displayed he is a member of so I removed him from the group and I am still getting the same message when I send him an email. No other users are having this problem, even the ones in the same group. I also had him shut dow...

MSN Messages
I recently paid a bill in Money with MSN bill pay. It had the wrong account number and got returned to MSN. There was a message left on MSN Money that it got returned. I do all of my stuff in Money and do not regularly logon to MSN Money. Is there a way to get those messages in Money? ...

Message Tracking Center #7
I am unable to search for email messages on one of my exchange 2003 servers. I open Exchange System Manager, scroll down to tools and open Message Tracking Center I type in sender, then server, then recipients and select search now. My server defaults to a secondary exchange server, even if I select the server I want by selecting it using the server button it still defaults back to the secondary server. Both servers have Enable message tracking checked in their properties. Any direction on this would be great. ...

Outlook 2003 DLL Error Message
Since earlier today, each time I start Outlook 2003 (running on a 3-week-old XP computer) I get an error message: "CiceroUIWndFrame: OUTLOOK.EXE - Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL" I have to click "OK" several (5-6?) times to get through the error message, but once it does go away it appears that Outlook is operating. Things appear normal, and I can send and receive email. Any thoughts? Have you tried creating a new profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Intelligent Message Filter #17
Hi all... I have Exchange 2003 SP2 and have enabled Intelligent Message Filtering on the default smtp virtual server. I have also added the registry key ContentFilterState with a value of 1. I then restarted the SMTP service. Unfortunately, when I go to Windows Update the update for IMF is not there (as Microsoft contends it would be). Any suggestions? Thanks, Matt Did you enable Microsoft Update from the Windows Update web site? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "m22baker&qu...

Change calendar time zone message
When I opened Outlook this morning, I got a pop-up message entitled "Change calendar time zone" saying that "a change to '(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)' has occurred." and that appointments, etc., have been updated. What the heck is going on? -- Using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 ...

Error message. I can receive but not send on outlook 2007
I have just installed office 2007 Professional onto Windows Vista. I am having problems with Outlook. At first i could not send or receive without getting the error 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. I deleted one (of two) personal folder links in the data files section of account settings and i'm now able to receive messages. However i still can't send emails. The send/receive reports that the connection is fine however when i draft a new email and press send, the error message 'This operation failed. An object cannot be found'. Please adv...

How do i add the date to subject header of incoming mail?
Hi, How do i automatically add the date yy/mm/dd to the front of the subject header of incoming mail? Would gather its something to do with create rules then run script, but cant workout how to create a script. Thanks Primed The script that can be run by a rule must look like this: Public Sub Whatever(Mail as Outlook) Mail.Subject=Date & " " & Mail.Subject Mail.Save End Sub -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/pr...

Occasional 'Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure'
I have a particular user that occasionally gets the following NDRs when sending to people within our organization (local exchange accounts; however on another physical server) with no apparent regularity, and it seems (since no one else is complaining) that it's only affecting him. * * * The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Twamley, Erin on 1/6/2005 6:38 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=VUSD;l=VUSD-4-050107023758Z-85679 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:VUSD:VUSD-10 Rodriguez, Sandra on 1/6/2005 6:38 PM Una...

Send Messages With Outlook 2000 Using Established Connection
I use Outlook 2000, Windows XP SP2, and have a dial-up connection to my ISP. Whenever I am ready to send a message, I click the Send/Receive button and then I get a pop-up window that states: A dial-up networking connection is already established to (name of my ISP). It then gives me two radio buttons to chose from: () Hang Up and dial (name of my ISP). () Try to locate the server on the current connection. How do I get Outlook to always automatically chose the option "Try to locate the server on the current connection"? Thanks. -- tb Look in the propert...

Transfering messages

Need good tutorial on reading Outlook 2k email headers
I'm looking for a good tutorial of how to read the email for an Outlook 2000 email. It looks like the most recent computers to handel the email are on top while the originating computer is on bottom... is that correct? Where is a good online tutorial for reading email addresses? Thanks for any help. ...

cached plans and qualifying objects question
Hello. Thank you for your time and expertise. I have been looking at cached plans in an effort to identify unqualified object references in our application. I have been using sys.dm_exec_plan_attributes in query like this to chase unqualified objects SELECT pvt.objtype ,pvt.set_options --,pvt.user_id ,u.name as [User] ,size_in_bytes/1024 as SizeKB ,SUM(size_in_bytes/1024) OVER (PARTITION BY pvt.dbid) as KB_By_DB ,usecounts ,pvt.dbID ,DB_NAME(cast(pvt.dbid as INT)) as DB ,st.text FROM ( SELECT cp.plan_handle, epa.attribute, epa.v...

How do I change from Word2003 to Word2002 in Message Format?
Our site has upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. On a new PC install we are using Offrice 2002 and Outlook 2003 does not recognise it for use in Message Format. Is there a way to fix this? If you mean using Word as your email editor for Outlook, they must be the same version or you will run into issues. If you mean something else, please clarify! Thanks. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Olinbost" wrote: > Our site has upgraded from O...

"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" Question
Hi, I try to launch an app in WinXP everytime the user starts the system so my app modifies "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" And added my application full path, (the right path and it is not the network path). The problem is that although the app starts most of the time sometimes it does not start. So before i start digging around my code, is there something obvious i am doing wrong here? Would there be an obvious reason why the app might start and sometimes it might not? Many thanks. Sims ...

SORT Header Row(s)
My worksheet column headers are in 2 rows. Short of combining those 2 rows of header text into 1 row, is there a way designate that there are 2 header rows when sorting using the sort function, below? DATE | SORT | "My data range has header row" TIA, ~Karen No. Maybe you can just ignore the top header row and include just the bottom header and choose "my range has headers"... Or maybe you could just ignore both headers and not choose that option. ps. I'd create a single header row. You can use alt-enter to force a new line in the cell. Karen wrote: > >...

Purchase Orders questions
I guess we do things differnt from everyone else. Most of our orders are made by a sales men of that productline. Mainly because he knows when its on sale how long its on sale and he also counts it each week to make sure of what we are selling. So here is the problem because he makes the order all we have to do is punch in the order to RMS. We use reorder numbers to do this but it seems like it takes so many steps to get the reorder number in. Then my thought was to just use our percon unit to scan the item when we recieve it and then download it in. But RMS Store Ops wont do that. H...

error message #2
I am getting this message when i open money 2002: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. i downloaded the file m02qfe3.biz which i pasted into the dynUpdate files. Microsoft's web page told me to do this due to the fact downloaded statements were not showing up on the register. what do i do? ...

sorting question #2
by the complete Excel novice again. (thanks for the answers to my leading 0 question - it worked!) I want to sort the whole table, based on one column. The instructions tell me to select a cell in the column I will want to sort by and sort in ascending or desceding order. This resulted in sorting only that column, but not keeping the appopriate information for the entire row with that particular column. I also tried selecting the whole column, telling Excel to 'expand my selection, and sorting in ascending order. Same result. I finally selected the whole table myself and sorted wit...

Not able to receive messages from outside in exchange 2003 installtion
HI -- I installed exchange 2003 after our server crashed and I got all the new mail boxes recovered. But we are not able receive incoming emails but out going is fine. Mean time we subscribed to an outside POP3 service. Our MX records points to both outside POP3 IP and internal IP. We have static ip maped to an internal ip in our router. Can any one help with this On 29 Aug 2006 09:04:00 -0700, "MMODUGU" <MMODUGU@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote: >HI -- I installed exchange 2003 after our server crashed and I got all >the new mail boxes recovered. But we are not able receive incomi...

filter error message box question
I'm using an unbound field and cmd button to lookup records in the "Search for Student Form". I'm using this code on the click event of the command button to find the record: DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "[LastName]= '" & txtLastName & "'" My question is if the record is not found in the table, I'd like to have a message box display that says "This Name is Not in the Table" with an OK prompt. When the OK prompt is entered, I'd like the data in the LastName field to disappear. How would I add that code. I've searched ...

Formula Question?
This formula works great! =Lookup (9.99999999999999E+307,Sheet1!G:G) But...can someone explain to me what the 9.99999999999999E+307 is for? 9.99999999999999E+307 is the maximum number XL handles. So LOOKUP() will return the highest number less than that. In article <0e5301c46eb1$68dbd280$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This formula works great! =Lookup > (9.99999999999999E+307,Sheet1!G:G) But...can someone > explain to me what the 9.99999999999999E+307 is for? ...

Safe ID Range for my COMMAND_RANGE message map entry
I am using COMMAND_RANGE to create fairly long list of items for one of my menus. If I create an id such as ID_ITEM1, the system seems to pick a number in the 32000 on up range. I could spell out all the commands ID_ITEM1, ID_ITEM2, ID_ITEM3, etc. but what I'd like to do is to define ID_FIRST and ID_LAST. I'm worried if I define first as 33000 and last as 33050, then sometime later, the automatic assignment will come along and fill in the hole. I notice the MRU list is spelled out for every entry (ID_FILE_MRU_FILE1, 2, 3, ... 16 with the actual numbers going from 57616 to 57...

How do I automate selecting "OK" on message box?
OK, I have some code on a form to calculate a total based on updates within the form. I do this by running 2 queries. When the 2nd query compeltes, if there are updates, I get a message box "The data has been changed". Great news, but now I have to click OK on this box, then close the underlying query to get back to my form again. I'm going to have inexperienced Access users entering this data. What kind of code can I use to automate selecitng OK for this message box? You can't automate the Ok, but there are several ways to avoid it. Method 1: The best one is to execu...

Outlook 2003 and Mime encoded e-mails messages
I have Outlook 2003 and for some reason I have started to receive some of my e-mail, not all of them what appears to be mime encoded. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone know how to solve this issue? I am using a hosted exchange provider that has not been any help with this one. Thanks! Mike ...