live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live message

live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
message....

inventsomething    at live  dot com

Greg

ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?

0
inventor1984

Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what do
you mean exactly?  The signature can be accomplished via Tools - Options -
Signatures.  You can have multiple signatures and assign them to specific
email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to apply on
each email you compose - View - Insert - Signature.

"inventor1984" <inventor@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in message
> live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
> message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
> message....
>

> inventsomething    at live  dot com
>
> Greg
>
> ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?

0
slk759
2/25/2010 1:09:01 AM
Some people have problems with View - Insert - Signature.
Add Insert Signature to the Toolbar.  It always works.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP- Windows Live Mail

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Every email will have the time and date in the upper right corner - what
> do you mean exactly?  The signature can be accomplished via Tools -
> Options - Signatures.  You can have multiple signatures and assign them to
> specific email accounts, and, you can select which signature you want to
> apply on each email you compose - View - Insert - Signature.
>

> "inventor1984" <inventor@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in message
>> live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
>> message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
>> message....
>>

>> inventsomething    at live  dot com
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?

0
Ron
2/25/2010 1:39:17 AM
You mean, insert it automatically into the body of the message?
Windows Mail has no provision for that, but just like all other
mail clients the date/time stamp is automatically put in the headers.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"inventor1984" <inventor@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in message =
> live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
> message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
> message....
>=20
>=20
>=20
> inventsomething    at live  dot com
>=20
> Greg
>=20
> ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?
>=20

0
Gary
2/25/2010 2:00:26 AM
insert on the meu in Live Mail is missing.... from Outlook

I always clicked on Insert    in Outlook

I then clicked on insert    time and date

Microsoft gave me a list of 35 formats for time and date and I

picked    25 Feb 2010  10:51 am

I'm sure a C++ guy or a C# guy could program this automatically....

i will hire someone someday and give this feature to those who want to

keep track of the time and date they write their mail.

Greg

On Feb 24, 7:00=A0pm, "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <g...@NoMail.invalid>
wrote:
> You mean, insert it automatically into the body of the message?
> Windows Mail has no provision for that, but just like all other
> mail clients the date/time stamp is automatically put in the headers.

> Microsoft MVP Program:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "inventor1984" <inven...@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in messagenews:7c=
a753f4-26d8-4fa3-be9b-9e53fdccc27a@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> > live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
> > message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
> > message....
>
> > inventsomething =A0 =A0at live =A0dot com
>
> > Greg
>
> > ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?- Hide quoted tex=
t -

inventor1984
2/25/2010 5:54:13 PM
Good luck, since the API for Windows Live Mail has not been released.

There are quite a few utilities that will stuff key phrases or system
variables into the keyboard buffer. Those will work with any program.
I use AutoText:
http://jitbit.com/autotext.aspx

On Feb 24, 7:00 pm, "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <g...@NoMail.invalid>
wrote:
> You mean, insert it automatically into the body of the message?
> Windows Mail has no provision for that, but just like all other
> mail clients the date/time stamp is automatically put in the headers.

> Microsoft MVP Program:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "inventor1984" <inven...@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in =
messagenews:7ca753f4-26d8-4fa3-be9b-9e53fdccc27a@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.=
com...
> > live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- =
every
> > message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
> > message....
>
> > inventsomething at live dot com
>
> > Greg
>
> > ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?- Hide quoted =
text -

Gary
2/25/2010 10:16:18 PM
"inventor1984" <inventor@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in message

> insert on the menu in Live Mail is missing.... from Outlook
>
> I always clicked on Insert    in Outlook
>
> I then clicked on insert    time and date
>

> Microsoft gave me a list of 35 formats for time and date and I
>
> picked    25 Feb 2010  10:51 am

Do you have a keyboard which does macros?
1.    Start a Notepad window
2.    Press F5
3.    Press  Shift-Home, Ctrl-c
4.    Switch back to the E-mail  (E.g. press Alt-Tab)
5.    Press  Ctrl-v

Perhaps not the same format?

What OS are you using?   In  XP  you could use its  WordPad  instead and its
Insert  menu (e.g. press Alt-I,...).   Unfortunately  W7's  WordPad  does
not have that useful feature.   It does have a Date and Time button but no
keyboard shortcut that I can see...   OMG!  It's a ribbon!   F10 HD.   Who
knew?

Thanks for making me find this!  ; )

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
2/25/2010 10:18:32 PM
Live mail

Insert date and time

I like to keep track of them and the person getting the mail can view
it right there in the message.

No toolbar or menu there is no insert time or even insert signature

I searched google and found shareware for $15

several for $15 to $99 to insert in Outlook but nothing for Live Mail

Can someone get a fix Microsoft fix it.... or update to fix this time
and signature inserted into a Live Mail message

2 March 2010   11 am  Boulder Colorado

thanks

Greg

On Feb 25, 3:16=A0pm, "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <g...@NoMail.invalid>
wrote:
> Good luck, since the API for Windows Live Mail has not been released.
>
> There are quite a few utilities that will stuff key phrases or system
> variables into the keyboard buffer. Those will work with any program.
> I use AutoText:http://jitbit.com/autotext.aspx

> Microsoft MVP Program:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> "inventor1984" <inven...@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in messagenews:95=
2ca430-9dd4-4682-a258-6efcf4351b75@b9g2000pri.googlegroups.com...

> insert on the meu in Live Mail is missing.... from Outlook
>
> I always clicked on Insert =A0 =A0in Outlook
>
> I then clicked on insert =A0 =A0time and date
>
> Microsoft gave me a list of 35 formats for time and date and I
>
> picked =A0 =A025 Feb 2010 =A010:51 am
>
> I'm sure a C++ guy or a C# guy could program this automatically....
>
> i will hire someone someday and give this feature to those who want to
>
> keep track of the time and date they write their mail.
>
> Greg
>
> On Feb 24, 7:00 pm, "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <g...@NoMail.invalid>
> wrote:
>

> > You mean, insert it automatically into the body of the message?
> > Windows Mail has no provision for that, but just like all other
> > mail clients the date/time stamp is automatically put in the headers.
>
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > Microsoft MVP Program:http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> > "inventor1984" <inven...@electricwindmillcar.com> wrote in messagenews:=
7ca753f4-26d8-4fa3-be9b-9e53fdccc27a@d2g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> > > live mail how do I insert time and date into message --- all -- every
> > > message a ez way to automatically insert time and date into live
> > > message....
>
> > > inventsomething at live dot com
>
> > > Greg
>
> > > ps how do I insert signature into a live mail message?- Hide quoted t=
ext -

inventor1984
3/2/2010 6:10:22 PM
they are 3 hours behind, can i change that?
On Thu, 13 May 2010 13:43:01 -0700, EdOr
<EdOr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>they are 3 hours behind, can i change that?

This fix it?

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_correct_my_windows_live_hotmail_time_zone.html
Evan
5/13/2010 11:24:00 PM
Are you using Windows Live Mail or webmail?
Assuming the former, you will need to correct your PC's time zone =
setting:
Right-click on the time display in the lower right corner, select Adjust =
date/time,
and change your time zone to the correct one. After changing the time =
zone
you will also need to reset the time of day.

"EdOr" <EdOr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> they are 3 hours behind, can i change that?
0
Gary

outlook will not save my outgoing mail

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Linking files 2 ways

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

message delivery problems

OE autodelete OLD mail

outlook 2007 e-mail

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

Automatically Add Address to Contacts
This feature was available in OL2000 when you replied to someone. Can this be done in OL2003? -- John Harris (Harry) Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby Christchurch New Zealand No version of Outlook had this feature except Outlook 98/2000 in IMO mode. You'd have to create a feature like this with code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John Harris" <johnh@antispam.comptroub.co.nz> wrote in message news:ueDWZH8mEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > This feature was available in OL2000 when you replied to someone. ...

print message
how do you get the system pop-up message anouncing that a document is being sent to the printer to be supressed (or at least not visible)? thanks in advance, mark See: Suppress the "Printing" Dialog at: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0037.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Mark Kubicki" <mark@TillotsonDesign.com> wrote in message news:%23lRtOWpCIHA.1184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how do you get the system ...

Outlook: default new mail location
We seem to have a problem with users that log into a workstation that they have never logged into before. Basically, the default NEW MAIL location is set to a PST local to their c: drive. So, when they open up Outlook to check thier mail. All MAILBOX, INBOX mail slowly dissapears and is moved to the local pst file. Once, we configure the users Outlook profile on that machine and change the default NEW MAIL location to the Exhange/Mailbox/Inbox it works fine. I've heard about PRF files, but I am unfamiliar with configuring them. All I want is for the default NEW MAIL locatio...

Test message 1