Live mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726)

i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8

Recently i could not log in Live mail by code: 0x8000FFFF, however when i
change my computer clock to US time zone GMT-5, then it works.

Please let me know how to solve the problem.

Alex

0
Alex

The login is to Windows Live (Messenger, Contacts, Calendar,......).
Your question needs to be asked on a Hotmail forum.
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"Alex Cai" <alex_cai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8
>
> Recently i could not log in Live mail by code: 0x8000FFFF, however when i
> change my computer clock to US time zone GMT-5, then it works.
>
> Please let me know how to solve the problem.
>
> Alex

0
Ron
12/1/2009 11:05:12 AM
yes, i use live mail for my hotmail account.

however i could log in all the services, like live messenger ....

the problem is only for live mail. I have to change the time zone to open
live mail.

do not know how and whom should contact.

thanks

Alex

"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> The login is to Windows Live (Messenger, Contacts, Calendar,......).
> Your question needs to be asked on a Hotmail forum.
> --
> Ron Sommer
> MS MVP-Mail
>
> "Alex Cai" <alex_cai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8
>>
>> Recently i could not log in Live mail by code: 0x8000FFFF, however when i
>> change my computer clock to US time zone GMT-5, then it works.
>>
>> Please let me know how to solve the problem.
>>
>> Alex

0
Alex
12/1/2009 4:55:34 PM
On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 00:55:34 +0800, Alex Cai wrote:

> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message

>> "Alex Cai" <alex_cai@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> i am using XP English Version but located in China, GMT+8
>>>
>>> Recently i could not log in Live mail by code: 0x8000FFFF, however when i
>>> change my computer clock to US time zone GMT-5, then it works.
>>>
>>> Please let me know how to solve the problem.

>> The login is to Windows Live (Messenger, Contacts, Calendar,......).
>> Your question needs to be asked on a Hotmail forum.

> yes, i use live mail for my hotmail account.
>
> however i could log in all the services, like live messenger ....
>
> the problem is only for live mail. I have to change the time zone to open
> live mail.
>
> do not know how and whom should contact.

Your Hotmail account time zone setting (at mail.live.com) is probably still
for a U.S. time zone. Log in via the web and change it there. For help with
Hotmail (in contrast with Windows Live Mail) ask here:

http://windowslivehelp.com

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

Upload speed of e mails
I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to ADSL which is obviously much faster.The e mails however still send at snail pace, Is the sending speed of OE fixed in some way? Just curious to know. tia Joe Are you virus scanning emails? Turn it off. You may have to uninstall and reinstall to completely remove the email scanning. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message news:#hXvowFkKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am using OE6 with XP pro sp3. I have recently changed from dial up to > ADSL wh...

Mail downloading as "opened"
I have Outlook 2002. I just set up a user account on a new computer and the mail has rules sending it to the individual folders. When I download the mail it goes to the specified folders, but doesn't remain unopened, so I don't know when there is new mail. All my mail is being "opened" when downloading. How do I correct this? Thanks! __________________ Stacey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Cant see mail properties on users
Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do something wrong? Thanks. On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:52:01 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I >do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do >something wrong? > >Thanks. You mean in ADUC? Use the EMC to view that info instead. ...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

sent mail appears in my in-box
How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send also going to my in-box? Thank you in advance Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder? Do you have any rules that affect mail after it is sent? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked: | How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send | also going to my in-box? | | Tha...

I cannot access any hyperlinks in e-mail messages I receive.
Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my system administrator. Unfortunately, that's me!! Help! woofandduke wrote: > Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I > click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform > this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my > system administrato...

Outlook2003 export of mail
If I export my mail to a *.pst file can Outlook2000 import it? I have tried this (even tho my O2K is on an exchange server) I cant seem to import my mail. On a related note, I have heard that MS is doing things of this nature to sorta "force" you to upgrade. Meaning that the newer apps change the data in question so that previous versions can't access it. FYI - I heard that in a Micheal's Minute (LindosOS) Thanks for your help and I hope all the above is NOT true. C I have the same problem. I have been unable to import 2003 .pst files into Outlook 2000. Would have been n...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

e-mail merge privleges
I am the adminstrator for our CRM and when I test the e-mail merge function it works great. However, our sales personnel get an error message that says they do not have the privleges to perform the task. Can someone tell me what permissions to make sure they have to peform this task? ...

Don't Get All My Mail
I have Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 2000SP-3. I am not getting all of the same emails on Outlook 2000 that I get in Outlook Express. It is not a filtering problem. Can anyone help me. I also use IE6 with SBC as my ISP and also don't get the same messages as I get in Express. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make Outlook 2000 as my default, but I'm afraid I will not get all of my mail until this is fixed. You can post here or reply to me directly.... alphalandscape@sbcglobal.net Do you have OE set for the accts to Leave Mail on Server? If not, OE will remo...

best way to publish html newsletter for e-mail
I would like to create a newsletter and send via e-mail as an HTML file that will be viewable by a wide variety of e-mail programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). Please advise if you have any suggestions. Shawn458 <Shawn458@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Please advise if you have any suggestions. Don't use Publisher. :-) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I think it is the consensus of most is to use a pdf file attached to a cover letter e-mail. Benefits include limitless number of pages Full screen display by a...

word attachments on e-mail, docx files, recipient unable to open
I have been sending e-mails as I always have and attaching them in the way I always have, all of a sudden word documents are coming up as docx files and the recipients cannot open them, I have only recently gone onto Vista and microsoft offoce 2007. This has only happened recently with new docs that I have created on the new system. It is frustrating my customers and my hair is now falling out. Please help! That's because Word 2007 saves documents in a new format, .docx, unless told to do otherwise. There are two solutions: 1. Do a "Save As" and save documents in Word 97-...

"Find an event" feature in the Windows Live Mail/Calendar
In the Windows Live mail it is quite simple to "Find a message" as we type something in the search box and enter. But, I do not see any search box with the Calendar. Are there any ways to "Find" something in the Windows Live Calendar? Looking forward to hear from someone. Thank you. ...

GP 9.0 SP1 issue??
When on GP 9.0.114 we were able to apply from Cash Receipts(CR) window. Had to apply SP1 because it had a fix for "Recevings amount overstated" issue we had in POP receivables(we do use PA). Now we are on GP 9.0.259. We no longer have the "Receivngs amount overstated" issue. However we cannot apply from Cash Receipts window or Apply Sales window. We get SmartHeap Library MEM_LOCK_ERROR consistently on all our entities. and in all our client workstations. -- any ideas? Do you have any modified forms or reports? This problem may occur because one of the following files ...

Business Portal 3.0 Breaks SQL Reporting Services
Hi, I had a box with Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2005 with SQL Reporting Services up and running fine. SharePoint was also installed and running fine. Then I installed Business Portal and now SharePoint works, BP works but SQL Reporting Services is broke. I have done an uninstal and reinstall of SQL Reporting Services. Anyone see the error below or know what I should change? Server Error in '/Reports' Application Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the speci...

mail merge #12
HI: I'm doing a mail merge for mailing labels using an Excel database. Is there a way to have the same label print several times before going on to the next record? For example, I need to print single labels for records 1-4, then print 8 copies of label 5, and then continue printing single labels for the next 20 records. Thanks for any suggestions. Something to try: Look at the merge document that Word creates for the labels. You should see that there is some text at the beginning of each labels to the effect of "next record" Try deleting that. It should cause the the m...

Mail Security
I am running Exchange 5.5 on Windows advanced server2K. From my Exchange server, logged in as Administrator, you can do the following: start->settings->control panel->mail....then change the mailbox user to anyone in the company......open MS Outlook and read their email... Is there a way I can prevent this from happening (even if only for my own mailbox) Thank you! If Administrator has the role of Service Account Admin on the site object, then this can happen. You wouldn't be the first person who used this account as the service account. You could change the service ac...

The format of the e-mail address is incorrect
Good Morning, I'm getting the following message when attempting to send mail to anyone with an apostrophe in the domain name (ie. john.smith@wendy's.com) The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'mark_eganhouse@wendy's.com' on 2/22/2005 2:13 PM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Any help would greatly be apreciated get rid of the ' it is wendys.com "JZaragozaJr" <JZaragozaJr@discussi...

"Remove access" to certain accounts in CRM 4.0
Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for specific users? Accounts they would otherwise have access to? I'm only talking about a very specific subset of the regular accounts in the business unit for which the person resides. Anyone have any experience with that? The simplest way is to move this accounts "VIP accounts?" into another business unit and set the access rights accordingly. Or you can use the team approach. Regards, Robert "Adam Pinilla" wrote: > Is there a way in CRM 4.0 to remove access from specific accounts for...

Set up multiple email accounts on Outlook 2002, so that the mail .
I would like multiple email accounts, in separate folders, so my family, business and consumer mail do not comingle, whether sending or recieving. At present,, they are comingled, and I cannot find the right way to correct this. The easiest method is to use profiles, one for each purpose. Otherwise, you can use rules to move mail when receiving and sending. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Remote notification of new mail
I want to have a notification sent to a pager using snpp I am using Outlook 2k client on a exchange 5.5 server. If anyone has a solution I wiould love to here what you have done. CRT crtoner@comcast.net ...

Mail send to the wrong receiver
Dear Mdm/Sir, I've send to mail to my friends, the Email address is correct; because I created it at my personal address book. But after I send out the mail, this mail was receive by one of my colleague. May I know what's wrong with my Outlook 2000 and how to solve it ? Thank You ! Regards, William I doubt it is an Outlook problem. Either you entered the address into your address book incorrectly or you were given the wrong address to begin with. Outlook sends to whatever server responds to the address's domain. From there, it's out of Outlook's hands. "...